The Girl Across the Street (Invincible/Worm)

Boo-Boos New
Boo-Boos​
He roared with an intensity that would shake even the stars above.

His anger to the absolute extreme after journeying across the cosmos, hoping to sate his battle lust and hunger for the most honorable, deadliest fight, only to be thrown away as if he did not matter at all.

Pain and humiliation coursed through his veins as his eyes grew bloodshot with rage. The last thing he ever saw was the green-hooded warrior looking at him as he leaped into battle. Ready to land his mace onto his foe only to be thrown away by an invisible force jettisoning him through a green rectangular doorway…

"WHAT!??"

… but it shut faster than he could ever react the moment he even tried to push himself back through it by displacing the air behind him. He was now trapped in a free-fall. The atmosphere, the scent, and its appearance were nearly similar to the place that he once was, only that the clouds were far paler in color and the skies were not with their bluish tint.

Thokk helplessly fell through the clouds as the atmosphere slowly burned the tips of his fur. The speeds that he was cast in went higher and higher with each second while he angrily continued to roar in defiance at the cowardice of this world's supposed strongest champion. He had not heard of this 'Eidolon' that these locals hailed but given how widely they praised his prestige, he thought he had found his most worthy adversary to sate his lust for a worthy battle.

Yet the fool was a coward! A god's damned coward!

He had left their match with barely an interaction as his mere stare horribly burned Thokk's blood for how insignificant he seemed to the man. He wanted to break his bones, drink his blood, curse his bloodline to the fiery pits of hell for the atrocity he committed upon him, but he had no ability to do that for he was now coursing through the clouds, about to crash onto the ground with a earth-shattering blow.

He would hunt this man, make sure to battle him, and end him regardless if he posed a challenge, but for now… he needed to recuperate.

Rage was only useful if honed in the right direction.

He had to think, and comprehend his next action before-

BRWASH!

"ACK!"

"OOF!"

Thokk's body crashed against another as the impact and the speed of his own caused the two to scatter in opposite directions. Thokk lost hold of his axe as it sailed through the air along with the white blur from earlier. With his momentum now reduced and his trajectory wildly different than before he was then forced through a direction that led him to a collection of dilapidated and recently destroyed buildings on fire.

BRWAAAKKAASHHH!!!

His body sailed through the walls with barely any resistance as his body skidded multiple times before stopping finally when he smashed the butt of his mace onto the ground. Twenty or so buildings collapsed under their own weight in the aftermath as he heard the locals run in fear or succumb to the collateral damage of his unintentional burst of destruction.

It did not take long to recover from this momentary setback, however, as he graciously stood back up and shook off the last of the rubble and dust from his fur. He then huffed his chest and looked towards the sky. The scent of this world was suddenly different. There was more smoke… blood… and death. It was as if the peaceful nature of this world was suddenly flipped into something more chaotic. Belching smoke rose from the cityscape as far as his eyes could see…

Screams and various other panicking civilians being heard from his ears while a rumble, felt from even the distance he was in was felt.

Was time accelerated? In some cultures, beings had the possession of technologies greater than even his kind, but none of them had any hold with the inevitability that was time.

Where was he transported? Was he in this world's more conflict-ridden lands?

Did he get thrown into a wasteland for this 'Eidolon' to test his mettle before he could finally challenge him? Did the coward think he was an insignificant challenger? Did he-

"E-Excuse me… if you're here to help we need to leave this instant."

The voice belonged to a lithe female, oddly wearing the color pink as she sported a nearly shaved head while helping another civilian. Her eyes were cast with so much war-torn emotion and desperation that Thokk was momentarily reminded of the chaos within his own world before he ended them completely.

She looked worse for wear, rags cloaking her entire form while she was wounded in many parts of her body. Everybody behind her shared the same weary looks, even a set of machines that were pointing weapons at him.

It seemed like these people were very desperate and were running away from something…

But from what?

"Child… from what are you running from?" he said, his voice low enough to sound non-threatening but due to his biology and build it came out as subtly terrifying. The people behind the girl stepped back in wariness but she remained resolute.

"We're evacuating from the fighting… M-Mar- I mean, Invincible and Omni Man are being held back by the best of us..."

Almost as if on cue, the ground around them shook as an echo of a massive hit reverberated around them. The shockwave flew over everybody's shoulders as Thokk realized that something, with the strength of that nature was fighting in the direction these people were running from.

"Your champion, I presume… is this champion named Eidolon?" Thokk asked as the bloodlust began to ebb back into his form. Excitement littered his face as a grin manifested. That grin made the young woman frown in confusion.

"N-No… Immortal. He's… gotten stronger for some reason these last few days…" the girl said as if recalling a terrible memory as small murmurs behind him began to take root. The ground shook again as a faint scream from an almost inhuman sound emerged.

It only served to make Thokk further excited, his prepuce constricting underneath his trousers while the young woman reflexively reacted to the thundering battle happening away from them.

"Strong… how, Child? If this is a battle truly for the ages, then my participation might buy you all the time to escape." He offered as she looked at him, narrowing her eyes.

"W-What?"

"Speak now, child… while the battle is still far away from us." He reiterated as another rumble was felt.

"I… I don't know a few days ago he could barely battle Omni Man and Invincible but he suddenly got powers… something I can't understand myself, h-he just became stronger the more he fought like a-

"I'LL KILL YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!! MURDERERS! FIENDS! INVADERS!!!"

An inhuman roar was heard with such intensity that it shattered the glass of the nearby broken buildings while the people around Thokk covered their ears both in fear and pain from its volume.

"I'LL KILL YOU ALLLL!!!"

Thokk smiled as he placed his mace on his shoulder, having decided. He would not have Eidolon for now, but hearing and understanding what this 'Immortal' was, he was now lusting for the ability to best them or die trying so that he could finally face the monster that brought him to this hell.

Yes… Thokk was pleased.

Perhaps this world was his dream incarnate.

"Leave… quickly, Child. Run fast as your legs can take you for I will go into battle with glee in my heart." He said as he bared his maw with all his teeth clear to everybody's eyes. Without further ado, he leaped into the air, bursting the ground from all the strength in his legs as he was launched forward, gripping his mace tightly as he proceeded to move towards the battle in haste.

Landing across the tops of multiple buildings, he finally saw a glimpse of the battle.

"ACK!!!"

BRWOUM!!!

Dust and debris were kicked up high into the air like a massive explosion as an individual was thrown into the maw of a horrendously large crater while buildings and various other structures around them crumbled into nothing.

There, in the center was a heavily wounded blue and yellow-clothed teen who was bloodied to an extreme degree as a dark, heavy shadow loomed over his wake.

"Ugh… D-Dad I… n-need help." He pleaded as Thokk saw it.

"MURDERERS!!! FIENDS! ENEMIES! DIEEEEEEEEEEE!!!"

It was barely a lifeform in appearance. Skin almost blackened and in various states of disrepair and toughness that eclipsed even the worst looking lifeforms he had seen in the Cosmos. Multiple arms, or digits of various kinds ranging from fingers, legs, or even a horrible amalgamation of both littered their form like an abomination of the worst of imaginations…

Eyes, red and white littered its appendages, and multiple heads sprang from its back while hair, fur, and various other extremities seemingly blended into a crooked entity that looked in pain and in absolute rage over its existence.

Teeth and maws littered its form as its arms, numbering in the half of a hundred or so raised up in quick succession as the conjoined heads, numbering more than thirty howled in unison.

Its rhythm sounded like the symphony of the damned.

"YOU AND YOUR FATHER! OMNI-MAN DIIEEEEEEEEEE!!!"

The teen was in no position to escape nor defend himself as those arms ranging from muscly to lanky across many forms and appendages came down upon him like a storm of unbridled pain.

BRWOUM! BRWOUM! BRWOUM! BRWOUM! BRWOUM!

It was a ferocious fury of attacks that varied in speed until the abomination picked up the teen and with its unified appendages threw him around, making him crash multiple structures and buildings before raising him high into the air again, helplessly and throwing him back down to the ground with supreme force.

BRWOUUUUUUSHHHHH!!!

It was like one of those powerful, high-precision bombs had ripped the surface clean as Thokk watched with glee.

The abomination then threw the teen away and whether he was still alive or dead to Thokk it did not matter, he folded his feet and leaped high into the air.

Mace in hand and at speeds that were slightly imperceptible even to the abomination, he slammed his weapon forward down to the center of the abomination's mass.

BRWOUUUSHHLLLKK!!!

A thundering roar of debris and dust was thrown high up into the atmosphere as blood and various extremities bathed Thokk.

He had squashed and destroyed multiple heads and appendages in one blow…

"HAHAHHAAHHAHAHAAHHA!!!"

Yet before he could celebrate further, the created gash of blood from the abomination burst outward as multiple freshly wet and mucous-lined arms burst from the body as it rapidly knitted itself back again while creating a carapace to cover the place where an injury was once placed.

The appendages grabbed Thokk with a surprising amount of strength and slammed him into the ground, holding him still.

BRWOUSH!

"HAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA" Thokk continued to laugh as the abomination's eyes looked at him.

"WHO ARE YOU???!!! FIEND? BETRAYER? OMNI-MAN??!!!"

It roared in its face while Thokk roared back.

He then bit the appendages holding him down, ripping them to free him from the abomination's grasp, and folded both his legs to deliver a devastating, brutal kick at his enemy to force him away.

BRAACSKKKHHLL!!!

The abomination, greater in size he was compared to Thokk exploded away from him as he stood up and wiped the trickle of blood from his lips. The enemy was great, still far from his most difficult challenge but given that it grew stronger with each engagement…

"FIEND!!! DIEEEEEEEE!!!" it screamed as it barreled towards him.

…then Thokk smiled with pure utter joy knowing that this would be one of the most memorable fights that his long life had ever experienced thus far and once he beat this, he could face Eidolon on even ground.

"COME AT ME!" he screamed as he raised his mace again and barreled towards his enemy too.

Their embrace of death would shatter and remake the world a dozen times over in the span of weeks.

"Taylor… why are you hugging me?" Mark asked her as she only proceeded to embrace him further.

Mark blushed red from the gesture as he smiled.

He put an arm around her as well, tucking her close.

"It was just a small boo-boo Tay… Mom said it'll heal right up!"

She responded by humming, but not in agreement.

He then chuckled at her response as he leaned his head against hers.

"Don't you worry about me! I'm big and strong now, remember? I can fly and shoot… uh, beams! I'll be the strongest hero for you and the world and I'll be able to protect everyone without issue." He promised as she hummed again.

He then rubbed her back to calm her down.

"I won't be hurt again… I promise you that, just so I can see you smile, okay?"

He then felt her relax, a small smile appearing on her face.

They then separated for a moment until Mark took her hand.

"You have to promise me something though…"

She tilted her head at him to his words, undoubtedly curious.

"…that you won't put yourself in danger… like, ever, okay? I'm big and strong with powers, but you're just… you. My best friend. I don't want my best friend to be hurt." He kindly said as she slowly formed a smile on her precious face.

To his surprise, she poked his nose with her finger before she giggled.

Mark followed suit after the girl finally decided that her 'Coruscant Knave' would not share the fate of all the various terrible outcomes of his future in this timeline. She was sure of it.

She would make them both smile…

"Dork…" he teased.

… so that they could learn more [DATA].

"Everybody ready?" Cecil Stedman said as he looked at some members of the Guardians of the Globe present for this very important meeting. The Immortal, Dark Wing and War Woman stood near them as questions still plagued their minds.

"I have no question of their good deeds, Cecil, but I have to admit this is excessive." Immortal asked, his concerns clear on his face as his comrades agreed.

"Are we all truly that paranoid to snoop into their privacy like this?" War Woman said as Cecil glanced and reacted to her question.

"A trio of nobodies with powers beyond our scope is something worth badgering privacies for, War Woman. Regardless of the good they represent. You of all people know that the world doesn't work on black and white and I'm keen to make sure our new friends are actually on our side."

"I have no doubts that they are, but why us? Omni-Man being here would be secure enough to keep talks stable." Dark Wing suggested as Cecil sighed.

"He's off to Space, saying that he had an errand… I don't have the details, but he won't be back in a few weeks." His words surprised the trio and they were about to expand the conversation further until Donald tapped his shoulder when out of nowhere, within the confines of their secure GDA facility, a door was opened in reality with a slightly green tint.

It was dark at first until a figure stepped out… revealing a familiar woman in a helmeted gray costume and cape sporting a neutral expression on her lips.

"Greetings… we've been expecting you all."

AN: Ah, at least ol' Crawler's powers are now used for good in an alternate timeline.

Last edited:
Wha-

you gave Immortal CRAWLER'S power??? You madman.

And we got Mark trying to protect the fragile... entity... gonna be a fun wakeup call.

Tiny correction, you said "he poked his nose with her finger before she giggled." I think that's supposed to be "she poked," if Taylor's poking Mark.

...Did they steal Taylor? Is that why– oh wait, Post-GM. Uh. There goes theory 'Contessa somehow found out that Taylor saves the world and decided to tell the Triumvirate to go raise her in a different universe and that's why Legend isn't here with them, because he has morals.'

Did Hero just not die? Is this not original Hero? Aren't the other two supposed to be dead too? Did they all fake it? Is Legend not here because he's with the Wardens? Questions for the ages. I'm so confused. Great stuff.

Excerpts After G-Day 1 New
Q: Do you remember anything, after you took those two, vital shots?

A: I'm… unsure. I remember holding the trigger, but the reason and motivation for it… is gone.

Q: Elaborate? If you can, of course.

A: Have you ever felt as if your life was just a sham? Like nearly every decision, memory, and choice was ripped out of it, but only in very keen, specific parts. It's a miracle I can even talk, lest converse with you. Though yes, imagine as if your brain was a house of cards and someone carefully removed pieces of it without breaking or collapsing the foundations…

Q: Everything is lost then?

A: Again, I don't know why I still exist and live normally as I have… I feel hollow yet free in a way that I have never felt before. It's as if a huge weight was lifted from my shoulders and there's no voice at the back of my head telling me what to do.

Q: What is this symbol?

<Shows Omega>

A: I don't know what that is…

Q: Are you sure? You were found in the epicenter of it all. Lost alike many of us…

A: I still don't know…

Q: I see.

A: Can I ask a question?

Q: Please…

A: Where did the Angel go?

[Subject collapsed and returned to a coma after this conversation. Due to shortages of both power and medical equipment, it is unsure whether she will survive through the ordeal. - Y]

Recovery New
Recovery​
Combing his unruly hair felt strange.

Nor was the idea of making himself look 'good' in general. Posed by decades of literally having one of the heaviest responsibilities any man would hold as a burden, trying to make oneself attractive or acceptable felt alien.

He had no illusions of being a handsome individual, nor did he consider himself actively attractive both in personality and form for he didn't have such trivial thoughts back then. He didn't aspire beyond being a self-proclaimed savior or a complicated, albeit flawed silver bullet against an enemy mankind was incapable of defeating.

Values instilled in him warped him into something tragic. A legacy that he was not able to complete and an objective that was no longer feasible.

He stared at the notification ping from his phone after wiping his face from a short wash. The sink received droplets of those dews as he came face to face with his reflection. In all likelihood, he didn't like seeing his face. From the thinning hair and morbidly calloused expression, he felt as if memories of a time long before seemingly tried to snatch him back.

A time when he could barely even shave, eat, or even shit for himself.

A time when purpose and meaning were absent, and what made him cling day to day was the hope that his ailments were a sign that he could be something else beyond his limitations. A painful thought that kept him coming, no, limping on in a body that was its own form of purgatory.

Those reminders still stick on his face, his presence, and his demeanor.

This is why sometimes, he felt as if wearing the mask was its own positive dissociation. An identity separate from himself that he always wished to come back to so that he would never see the frail man underneath.

W: You're being depressed again, aren't you? Come on… dad. You're better than that.

The annoying ping of another notification made him frown. Groaning in discomfort he looked at himself again. Wearing a pricey suit that he would not bother to buy at all if not for this occasion and some other trinkets that would make him… acceptable.

Why in the world was he bothering to humor this little charade?

He was at worst, his most painfully honest and brutal critic and he did not like what he was seeing. He looked ugly, stupidly plain, and out of place in this pathetic excuse of dressing up. His parents, at least what he could remember of them, always told him that beauty was beyond that of looks. Yet given how he lived his life in a miserable state of work without finding the time to even humor such prospects, nor did he expect to in the first place, he found those words of encouragement… idiotic.

Pointless, probably as well.

W: You have a wonderful voice, Dad. Always remember that. You could make people feel scared just by speaking in a room. You were pretty cool like that.

He huffed at that message as he picked his phone up and began typing.

D: And pray tell, how does that help me with my current situation?

W: Oh, by quite a lot actually… but the main goal tonight is just to have fun.

Groaning again, he pocketed his phone, wishing to silence the device but he knew it was pointless. She was relentless if need be and after… the event took place, she was now carefully overprotective of him. Miserably so in his case…

"Ugh. Fucking hate this."

…but he had no choice but to utterly go with it. Especially when what was on the line.

Still, it erred him to no end looking at himself at how much he had fallen from grace, personally, with all of these stupid antics.

Living a more mentally healthy, happy life? Sure, why not?

If he were a normal person to begin with, anyway…

W: And rightfully so… Dad. If anything, I want you to be happy. I'm already jealous I can't do much on my end and A is already having fun with hers, so… just do me a favor and just try. I assure you that you won't regret it.

How she could make phone messages have italics to stress some words still felt bizarre to him. Least of all how they were connected. A fact that he was shocked to learn he could not sob or even mourn for. His friends may have been part of the reason why he was more stable today, but given even Keith was no longer with them, they were much more down to their own devices nowadays.

In Rebecca's and Clark's case, they were a lot closer than before.

Which is why now he was in this situation. All because he was the one person in the group who needed something normal in his life and to have something alternative to cling to other than the 'greater purpose' thrust upon his shoulders.

He was no longer the Titan Atlas it seemed, holding the world on his back (at least it was no longer the case for the most part). He was now merely Prometheus, forced to watch the aftermath of his pointless struggle, admitting to himself that any of his efforts were… for naught.

Well at the very least everybody wasn't dead.

And all of his existential crises were just the result of him not adapting to anything 'normal in the first place. Maybe it was that.

Or maybe, he was just an idiot for even doing this.

W: Oh God, Dad stop with the neurotic self-deprecation. Just admit it that you're nervous over something as simple as a date. You can fight cosmic horrors night and day but you're seemingly hard-pressed to walk out of the bathroom and get to the restaurant to meet a girl.

Fuck her, sincerely, fuck her.

Groaning for probably the last time that night, the man specifically known as the Strongest Hero of Planet Earth looked at himself in the mirror and took out the bouquet of flowers he was to bring and tried... tried to smile.

W: See? You're a natural.

He looked ridiculous.

It was nearing an hour as he sat at his table in what this world calls its most prestigious formal restaurant chain around the world. Mostly because of the good food apparently and because according to Clark, they were owned by an 'Underworld Boss whose secret identity is a world-class chef'. The NEPEA act didn't exist here, so things like that despite it being blatantly obvious were legal even in North America.

The infamous GDA was much more lenient than it used to be.

Whatever information was briefed to him by his friends, it seemed that it wasn't totally necessary to initiate protocols as tight as Cauldron had once enacted on Earth Bet here given the threats that seemed, relatively minor to what they once dealt.

Still, it felt odd looking at how cape life and normal life blended nearly seamlessly here with little fear or concern for anything majorly threatening to the civilian population. Oh, there were major threats that existed here. Some were very murderous compared to the more prominent 'gimmick villains' who focused more on being a nuisance to heroes compared to being nefarious and legitimately malicious by nature.

The protectors were no slouch either, their highs were consistent with what the best the Protectorate once offered and in some cases were on Rebecca's level or more, but they lacked a certain hard-pressed quality that kept most of the unruly supervillain folk in check.

The Triumvirate and Protectorate were never perfect in achieving the same as well, yes, but any one of them gave a certain depth of intimidation that forced some people to act nicely on the principle of alerting their ire.

Only one hero in this world seemed to give off that aura, and it was the alien.

No, not the harmless extraterrestrial in this world's equivalent of the Triumvirate, but the solo, one-man mission individual that was this Omni Man.

"…" he paused as he looked around the busy restaurant. Wishing to take his thoughts elsewhere as he saw people of various kinds enjoying their nights. From couples to families, it seemed the energy was much merrier than his current situation.

Looking at his watch he noticed that it now struck the one-hour mark.

He had not eaten yet for he was still waiting for his date but found himself… lonely.

He continued to stare at the closest couple beside his table who were flirting like mad with each other, his enhanced perceptions and senses occupying one of the slots made him quickly realize that the two were exuding a degree of pheromones that would probably lead to a wild night in the sheets.

"Hm." He hummed as he thought about that last word. He looked away from the couple as he saw the empty chair across him and the lonely flowers sitting awkwardly in her chair because he had no knowledge of proper etiquette in interactions such as this.

There was no need to back then…

But seeing the smiles, faces, and joy that seemed to make this night something to remember for most people here, he found himself overwhelmed with a sense of longing. He frowned as he looked at his watch and towards the empty seat before him.

A bottle of wine was placed on his left that was nearly finished and a glass that was half-full.

He realized that he had been drinking alone all this time while waiters awkwardly looked at him as they passed by noticing that he was in fact… alone, for the rest of the night.

His date had not arrived, nor did it seem like she would ever come at all.

It left David with a sense of shock to his senses as after all his musings about his own worries, affairs, and focus when pressed into something as simple as a date, he found himself strangely disappointed. Not in himself, mind you… but for the fact that this was his first time…

…and nobody came.

Much as he wished to deny it, it ragged on him as he continued to stare at his watch and heavily sighed. Anxious thoughts started drifting into his mind again as the usually chatty companion he had who frequently messaged him on the phone was silent for the whole thing.

Glancing at the couple again and their pearl-white smiles, he imagined himself in that position. Not because he yearned for it, but… because after forcing himself to watch nearly every person that he knew around him became a lot lighter, calmer, and happier while he continued as is felt oddly lonely and hollow.

He had once sacrificed his own happiness to save the world, yet now when he tried to find some degree of happiness for himself, he was left with nothing.

He wasn't a stickler for love, that's for sure, but perhaps wishing for normal, human interaction outside of his friends was something he needed to fix his neurotic, anxious self.

"Excuse me…" he said to the closest waiter after placing money on the table.

Or perhaps it wasn't meant to be for his case.

Flying across the emptier parts of the Houston plains, David lamented on his own silence.

He hovered himself over one of the larger rock formations and sat on it as he watched in the distance the lights of the closest city. Where city folk lived on with their own mundane lives, peacefully getting by day to day with little to no issue while he was here, thinking.

Thinking of what better things to do in order to distract him from his own thoughts.

His companion had not sent anything back yet, he figured that they were-

W: I hope you enjoy tonight, Dad. Try not to make it awkward.

D: The hell do you mean by that? Nobody came.

W: Hm? Is that what you really think?

He was about to text back when a gust of wind almost near-instantaneously manifested behind him by a few meters and through his enhanced perception and senses a silhouette of a woman formed in his head.

Instantly, his mood became sour.

D: You have got to be fucking kidding me.

W: ;p

"Warrior. I hear you are this world's champion. It's mightiest, as the words amongst the stars say… so rejoice! The Viltrum Empire commends you. Our peacekeeping Imperium sent me to welcome you to the fold. Your feats are worthy and steadfastly remarkable to become one with our-

David flew away, not even giving a shit or facing her entirely.

Much to his expectation he felt her becoming appalled and insulted at his actions.

With her flight speed, she seemingly appeared in front of him.

"Halt! You will stop this instant. I come in a measure of peace! And you spat in my face as if I were insignificant. Have you no shame?" she said.

He looked at her through his mask. Adorned in mostly white attire, hugging her admittedly well-maintained female form and sporting a face that looked beautiful, if not dangerous… David felt unimpressed. After seeing so much in your life, something as beautiful as a human-looking Amazon who can fly, and punch stuff was abysmally low on the scale of things he would find himself being impressed with.

Ignoring her again he grunted as he flew around her, increasing his speed slightly until she angrily grabbed his cape. Prompting him to stop.

"Foolish human! You are facing a Viltrumite! The most powerful species in the universe. Far lesser people would wish to be in my presence just to take one look at me, yet you ignore me as if I wasn't there."

He turned to her, still silent, and sighed. Seeing that she caught his attention she smirked and let go of his cape, placing both hands on her hips as she proudly introduced herself.

"I am known as Anissa. One of the champions of my homeworld Viltrum. Protector of a dozen planets. A legend in many of them. As an impromptu ambassador between our two species. I wish to meet the man who this world praises with such intensity for both his prowess and power." She amicably said as she offered him her hand.

He stared at it.

"And I should care… why specifically?"

He saw her eye twitch. Oh, he wanted this night to end already.

"No… I'm taking back what I said, forgive me… but you're literally the sixteenth being from another world that's done this song and dance to challenge me because of my moniker and I'm here to ask you specifically if you're worth my damn time."

Anissa rescinded her offered hand as her features turned into a silent, subtly angry frown.

She had been disrespected ever since she first arrived to greet him, and she would not let any of it continue. David on the other hand, merely turned away in annoyance as she curled a fist.

Without warning, at least to her perspective she drove a fist with enough strength to destroy a small mountain towards his head but was left with a surprise when David's second slot activated.

"WHAT?!"

Anissa's fist drove through the back of David's head but instead of splattering it like any other worthless being in the Universe, reality seemed to bend across her arm as space warped around it comically like David's head became clay.

She was never able to pierce through the anomalous field of reality her fist drove into and was met with another esoteric, completely shocking effect to the Viltrumite.

The space around her arm vibrated as her body absorbed it all until…

FRAKA-THOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

She exploded away and was forced through the rock formation below them and shattered into a rather large destructive crater that if they weren't in the emptier parts of Houston, they could have broken a town or two just from the impact.

Dust and a cloud of smoke rose through the air as David hovered over a shocked Anissa who had a trickle of blood drip from the side of her lips.

David's second slot was a reactive space-time anomaly covering his form that could refract and redirect any sort of energy or attack right back at the assailant trying anything against him. Given the energy and power behind one punch that she had conjured, the refracting effect against her was returned at her twofold.

He readied his fists as they glowed green, his main slot humming within his head as he watched Anissa smile back in glee while wiping her lips of the blood there.

All the while one text message was on David's phone.

W: I told you; you'd enjoy your night.

"Fancy looking place. Tech looks fairly more advanced than anything I've seen so I'm a bit surprised this was hidden so long. Least of all from my eyes." Cecil admitted as he looked around the place, they stepped into from the strange rectangular portal earlier.

His escort, the three Guardians of the Globe members similarly shared his thoughts.

Alexandria, the mysterious helmeted woman that took the world by storm continued to give off a very mysterious neutral tone towards her guests as what part of her face was revealed to them left little to any sort of read that any of the four could muster.

Even Cecil quickly determined that the woman was trained in the art of keeping things close to the chest. The kind of talent that he knew was rare, even in his field given that she was not exuding any sort of cues that would give him the necessary info to discern her at a glance.

"It should be. The world should never know of this place, or of the reality of its construction." The woman finally said, putting the heroes with a degree of concern but merely raising an eyebrow in Cecil's case.

"Any reason for that?" War Woman probed.

The two heroines shared glances at each other as Alexandria was about to speak until a golden glow of energy passed through the guests as if scanning them, and then another voice joined the fray to answer that question.

"Security reasons for the most part… and no, please don't mind her. She takes everything way too seriously. We're all friends here. Allies even. We're just doing everything we can to make it absolutely certain that whatever we have here… doesn't endanger the world we're all here to protect."

Cecil instantly recognized the man. Hero, he foolishly called himself. The Golden-armored man used extensive technology that was indiscernible even to his analysts. It was like there was a pre-emptive black box to his creations and it frustrated him and Donald to no end.

"Wait… you said, 'you don't wish to spill whatever you have here to our world'… what the hell does that mean?" Dark Wing asked.

The golden projectors above ceased their lights as Hero's face turned serious.

"To make it simple to you guys, we're no longer on Earth. At the very least, the version of Earth you call as home."

AN: Yay. More friends and another girl gets to HALP.

For some reason I don't remember the previous chapters much, but this chapter kind of reveals a lot of stuff? Is the Simurgh also here? Eidolon now actually paying attention to his world ending children rather than fruitlessly beating them up lmao?

Did Hero, Eidolon, and Alexandria get resurrected? Since Legend isn't here and he was the only survivor in canon worm. Or did he just take Hero's place in death?

Also was it confirmed or not that Taylor's (adopted) parents were Alexandria and Hero? I don't remember.

Tftc

Erm. If you have a guy who lives in houston and knows the area he's not gonna be talking about the "huston plains"

Depending on how far from the fight took place, a good target for her to be cratering is the site of the old astro-world theme park. Large empty area near downtown. Inland she might splash into lake conroe, or Sam Houston national forest. East near the coast there is turtle bayou. She might have been spotted flying in over galveston.

Erm. If you have a guy who lives in houston and knows the area he's not gonna be talking about the "huston plains"

Depending on how far from the fight took place, a good target for her to be cratering is the site of the old astro-world theme park. Large empty area near downtown. Inland she might splash into lake conroe, or Sam Houston national forest. East near the coast there is turtle bayou. She might have been spotted flying in over galveston.
Sorry, as someone who's never been there, the geography of the place, based on your words seems more packed than I assumed.
Will it be okay to stay as is, or no? I can always edit it to be another place.

Sorry, as someone who's never been there, the geography of the place, based on your words seems more packed than I assumed.
Will it be okay to stay as is, or no? I can always edit it to be another place.
There are empty places they could fight. I'm just saying maybe take a look at google maps and referencing actual geography might make it a more interesting segment.

For sure and thank you for pointing that out. Much appreciated.
There's plenty of good setpieces in the Huston area, for instance the abandoned astroworld theme park. (although technically IRL it was torn down into a parking lot, but hey, alternate earth, you can retcon that). And there large oil processing industry in the area means you have lots of big explosion opportunities. There are also lots of highway flyovers that make for good hero saving a car from plumeting material.

Back