The Fourth Grail War: Mistakes Were Made (F/SN)(Recruitment Closed)

Intro Post

Generic_Generica

Notice me Senpai~
The Holy Grail.

Ordinarily I'd go on about this thing but let's be honest, it's pretty much the mcguffin of mcguffins. God knows what it is, or what it can do. Some people treat it like, well, a holy object. Some people think it's a path to the truth of the World, some people just want it because it's got power.

And that's sort of the point. The point is, it's got power. Power enough to grant a wish, perhaps.

You're just going to have to power your way through twelve other people in a blood-soaked ritual before you can obtain the grail, if that's what you desire.

Perhaps you're the type who seeks… World Peace?

Or perhaps you want to undo a past misdeed. Perhaps you want to understand who you are, or perhaps you only seek the Root of things.

The year is 2017. The setting? An isolated town in Western Europe. Trifas, Romania, where the grail ended up after it disappeared after the Third War.

Welcome to the Fourth Holy Grail War. Now, are you a Master or a Servant?

—-

Right. I decided to try my hand at running something like this. Lord knows why.

This is a fairly 'typical' Grail War set-up. There's room for up to fourteen players. Give me a minute to reserve a few posts, give me 12-14 hours for me to get off this crummy plane and get some rest and I'll get back to you all.

General Guidelines (@The Out Of World did these templates fwiw)
  • Standard site regulations are in effect, as always.
  • You should probably know some things about the nasuverse ifn' you want to participate in this RP. If you don't things'll probably be harder on you, fair warning.
  • No god-modding.
  • Look, this is a grail war. People are probably going to die. You've been warned.
  • If you're going to leave the RP, notify me so we can work something out. Otherwise I'll have grues eat your character or some nonsense along those lines.
  • Submit character applications by PM. That means, send the PM to me. I reserve the right to reject applications I don't like. Title character applications with the phrase "2017HGWAPP". If you fail to title character applications properly, you're not getting in.
  • Some level of civility is required here. If you're acting like a condescending dick to your fellow players I'll kick you out. If you're acting excessively salty to the point where i's actively killing other people's interest in the RP, I'll kick you out. Basically, don't act like a dick.
  • Communicate with each other in order to prevent excessive saltiness. Post in this thread, PM each other. Make an effort to talk with each other in the event of a conflict or else I'll drag you all into the same PM and try to force you to talk to each other.
  • Above all else, have fun.
You have until December 1st to send in applications. If you need more time, PM me and I'll see what I can do. If you needed more time and you didn't contact me you're shit outta luck.

Last edited:
Chargen Things
Character creation Guidelines:

I'll be brief.
  • Original characters preferred, canon characters allowed. Feel free to make whatever alterations you wish.
  • Servants from other fictional continuities aren't allowed unless you give me ten good reasons why I should allow it. And I have to like all ten of those reasons.
  • I'm less inclined to accept shit like double summon or distortion. If you try to sell that to me the sheet'd better be awesome, otherwise it's probably not making the cut. Again, fair warning.
  • I reserve the right to arbitrarily reject character sheets, as listed in the guidelines.
  • Format your character sheets properly.
  • Don't turn in more than 2 charsheets. You get the concept you really want to play, and the backup in case you don't get to play that concept and that's it
—-

Status
Name:

-SPOILER TAG-
Biography
Appearance: (Picture or written desc, I don't care)
History: (This is self-explanatory)
Personality: (This is also self-explanatory)
-END SPOILER-

Magic
Element(s): The elements the character can manipulate with magecraft
Origin:

Abilities
(List of abilities, thaumaturgical or otherwise)
Status
Class:
Alias/Titles:
True Name:
Alignment:

Parameters
Strength:
Endurance:
Agility:
Mana:
Luck:
-SPOILER TAG-
Biography
Appearance: (Same verse as the first. Picture or written description)
History: (Self-explanatory)
Personality: (Also self-explanatory)
-END SPOILER-

Class Skills

Example (Rank): Description

Saber: Magic Resistance, Riding

Lancer: Magic Resistance

Archer: Magic Resistance, Independent Action

Rider: Riding, Magic Resistance

Berserker: Mad Enhancement

Assassin: Presence Concealment

Caster: Item Construction, Territory Creation

Personal Skills

Example (Rank): Description

Noble Phantasms

Name:
Fancy Subtitle

Type: Anti-Unit, Anti-Unit (Self), Anti-Fortress, Anti-Army, Anti-Team, Anti-Territory, etc.
Rank: (E-A, include a "+" or "-" if your Phantasm's effective Rank can be increased/decreased under certain conditions)
Description: (Explain how this ties into the character's legend and what it does)

Last edited:
List of players
Last edited:
Just FYI, I'm travelling all of today and I desperately need rest so don't expect a response for another 12-16 hours.

I'm not expecting too many submissions though so I should be able to get to you all at that point.

... I really shouldn't, but you've gone and provoked the muse already, so I guess we'll see what comes out.

Finished my entry. Tried to do something new this time.

Are alternate classes/versions of existing servants allowed? IE; Lancer Mordred where Arturia actually gave her Rhongomynyad because she didn't use it.

Wait... question.

Is this operating on a first-come first-placed rule, for submissions, or is it going to be merit based once all submissions are in/some deadline is reached?

Wait... question.

Is this operating on a first-come first-placed rule, for submissions, or is it going to be merit based once all submissions are in/some deadline is reached?

Merit. So uh the second thing you just said.

At this rate I'll give it a week before I close things out.

I'm not expecting a lot of submissions and there are 14 spots so odds are most anyone who applies is probably getting in unless I take umbrage to their charsheet.

If I get more than 14 submissions That's when merit comes into play.

Last edited:
Everyone who says they sent in, could we possibly get a head count of who did a Master or Servant, please?

Back