The First Dream (Worm/Warframe Altpower)

Created at
Index progress
Ongoing
Watchers
Recent readers

The First Dream
By Seclorum
~~~~~

I dreamt of the stars.

Shining, beautiful, and most of all...
The First Dream
By Seclorum
~~~~~​

I dreamt of the stars.

Shining, beautiful, and most of all vast.

I didn't know how long I drifted as an observer in the vast void filled with lights before I felt a gentle but insistent pull towards one of them.

The star grew in my vision and I found myself not heading straight for it, but instead to something else orbiting it.

A blue green marble resolved as I flew faster and faster.

As I came closer and closer something changed.

I couldn't put my finger on it… until all at once the universe flashed white.

~~~~~​

"SHES AWAKE!"

Someone shouted as my eyes opened to reveal flashing lights, blue and red, in what appeared to be a the parking lot.

The smell of trees assaulted me and brought with them flashes of memory.

"Now campers. Who's ready for a nature hike?"

I stood on tiptoes along with a dozen others shouting for the camp counselor to pick me.

My eyes shut at the sound of screaming and I threw my hands to my ears.

Hands shook me but I fought back because I just wanted to screaming to STOP!

I felt a sharp jab of something in my arm and a coolness shot through me before I fell into that void and Dreams
~~~~~​

"...uppy?"

I ghasped as I came to the realization that I wasn't in the forest anymore but in a room somewhere and there was a strange man reaching forward with concern in his eyes.

My instincts flared and my hands flashed out with speed borne from adrenaline to crash into his face with a massive slap!

He went flying back, far faster than I believed possible to smack into the far wall.

"Ow Puppy, what's wrong?" He picked himself up and gave me a quizzical look, "Don't tell me your feeling off because of those thai noodles last night?"

My throat went dry, "I...I…"

There was that look of concern again, "Seriously Puppy. Are you ok?"

Like a puppet with its strings cut I collapsed to the floor, "Where am I? Who are you? Who is this Puppy?"

His eyes narrowed, "No jokes now, that's my job."

"What happened to the forest? Oh god dad is going to be so worried!"

"Whiskey Dakota Tango." He was staring with growing alarm in his voice.

"What?" I looked up with a questioning gaze.

He turned and went to what appeared to be a door, "Nothing. I'm going to go make a call."

"Can you call my dad for me?" I rattled off a number, "He works at the Brockton Bay docks for the Union."

"Sure." He left me there alone.

I was left with my thoughts as the man left me alone in the room.

"He never even told me who this Puppy is?" I wondered aloud, "Get a grip Taylor. Your talking to yourself."

I slapped myself on the cheeks a few times to focus before pinching myself, "OW! I guess this isn't some dream."

It was at that moment I saw my hands and my eyes were locked on immediately, "Whaaa?"

They were not my hands.

I was suddenly aware of differences in my body, how I wasn't wearing the same clothes, how my hair was different, how everything seemed shorter for some reason.

I looked around and saw an open doorway and rushed to it.

"A Bathroom! Mirror! I need a mirror!"

I flicked on the lightswitch near the doorway and saw a gloriously large mirror over the sinks.

I hastily planted my feet before the sinks and stared at the strange reflection.

Whoever stared back, was not me.

"This can't be happening… no way… stay calm… your somehow dreaming… that you can't wake up from." I began to breath faster as my mind spiraled.

A knock came at the door to the room, 'Suite?' and it sent me hiding behind the bathroom door.

"You still in here? We have some company honey." The man was back.

I peeked from behind the door to see the man standing there, with some PRT Troopers flanking him.

"These men would like to have a word with you, and I would dearly love to know what happened to my wife."

'Oh. Shit.' My thoughts raced.

"Ma'am. If you would come with us please."

"But… but… no…. NO!" I screamed.

The world around me flashed white and my ears were assaulted by a curious beeping sound.

I realized by eyes were close so I opened them to see the inside of some kind of box crammed with stuff? Then I felt motion and realized it was an ambulance.

"She's conscious." Moving my head towards the voice I saw what looked like a paramedic, "Miss. Good to see you. Everything will be fine. Your going to be ok."

"What? What's going on?"

"We're on our way to Brockton Bay general hospital. Your parents have already been notified and should meet you there."

"What happened?"

He rubbed the back of his head, "Well you started screaming and there wasn't anything we could do to calm you down so we had to sedate you. You feel ok now?"

I did, "Yeah?"

"Good. We're almost there so feel free to take a nap if you feel like it." He smiled.

I was tired so I just relaxed into the gurney and dreamed...

I blinked my eyes to see a room.

I lifted my hands to check, "What. The. Fuck."

They were unlike any hands I can recall ever seeing.

Translucent, with a slight tinge of color to them, I could see slightly less translucent bones within them. But I was also staring at the strange growths on my skin.

I then noticed that I wasn't wearing a shirt and my eyes were drawn to the broad translucent chest that was unadorned with breasts but did have more of those strange growths.

Below the chest was a rather large belly.

There came a knocking at the door to the room, "Hey Gregor. Get ready the old lady says we got a job."

'What the fuck do I do?'

"Ok." The voice was unfamiliar with a slight accent.

I heard the person padding away while I rocked back and forth, "There's no place like home. There's no place like home. There's no place like home."

I repeated the phrase like a mantra.

"Taylor honey, it's time to wake up."

My eyes shot open, I didn't even realize I had fallen asleep.

"Dad?"

Daniel Herbert was looking down upon me from besides the hospital bed, "You're awake." His smile bloomed.

I struggled to sit up and finally managed it.

He continued to smile and then reached over to press a button on the remote next to me that slowly raised to back of the bed to a more comfortable position, "Take it easy. You've had quite the trauma from what i'm told."

"What happened?"

"Well, we were hoping you could tell us that. I got several calls back to back to back. First the camp saying you were in some kind of an accident and being sent to the hospital to check you out," I nodded, "Then someone called and asked about you. The man seemed very concerned about something," My throat went dry but I nodded again, "And then someone from the PRT called saying you had been caught up in some kind of parahuman thing. They are the ones who requested you get a room by the way."

"Dad…" He leaned forward and took my hand.

"Whatever is happening, we will get through this."

"Dad… something happened. It's like I'm me but not me sometimes. Like suddenly in the blink of an eye I'm someone else, but I still am me," I pointed to my head, "In here."

There came a knocking at the doorway and I was suddenly conscious that the door had been open the whole time with just a privacy curtain between us and the hallway beyond.

"Excuse me. Mr Hebert, Miss Hebert. I would like to talk to you about what we think might be going on."

From around the curtain a figure emerged, and who would have figured that Miss Militia would be standing in my hospital room!

How does body possession relate to warframe? The Orokin body swapping (continuity) was a technology, as well as very targetted.

Not to mention, deadly to the person being removed from their body (as they were simply evacuating the Oro from the body and placing theirs in its place)

Last edited:
How does body possession relate to warframe? The Orokin body swapping (continuity) was a technology, as well as very targetted.

Not to mention, deadly to the person being removed from their body (as they were simply evacuating the Oro from the body and placing theirs in its place)

As was revealed in the SB thread, It's Transference. You know the ability Tenno use to jack into Warframe's at all.

I'm undecided on how fast she would get the other Tenno abilities, but i'm leaning towards the Beam first.

Very interesting so far, to be honest accidental master when asleep is a great power and plot hook even without warframe stuff. However being a fan of the game this is cool too.

' Oh my god.Oh my god.Oh my god.Oh my god.Oh my god.Oh my god.Oh my god.'

I was squealing in my head at the very prospect of a Hero in my presence.

"She get like this often?" Miss Militia asked my father.

Danny sighed and rubbed the bridge of his nose while smiling, "Only in the presence of those she worships. I mean I could tell you stories about her un.."

"DAD!" I snapped out of my squealing and my cheeks heated up at the very possibility that he might mention those to a HERO.

They chuckled as I pouted.

She cleared her throat, "Now that you seem to be with us. We can get down to talking about the issue at hand."

We gulped.

She looked at me sternly "Yesterday there was an alert at the PRT. Upon confronting the controlled individual, who claimed not to know what was going on, they panicked and the control apparently lost."

I gulped, "Sorry?"

Danny stared back at me with a disapproving look in his eye.

Her gaze softened, "You're welcome. We were able to determine who you were thanks to the phone number you supplied." She looked to Danny, "This room is held on loan to the PRT should we need access to facilities here. We had her transferred here upon her arrival and after the initial examination. She's perfectly healthy by the way."

"That can't be everything." Danny said.

She nodded, "No. We do take the risk of Master class…"

My hand shot into the air, "Masters are a Parahuman Classification!"

"Yes they are. As I was saying, We take the risk of Master class Parahumans seriously. They can cause immense psychological harm as well as with their minions, physical damage."

I shrunk back even further into the bed at her words.

"We would very much like to bring you two down to the PRT building to conduct the interview more discreetly."

Danny's hand found mine and we shared a look between us, "It's going to be Ok Kiddo."

Last edited:
Maybe its because I'm reading this at 2am in the morning but it looks like Taylor is playing Transference pinball, either way there are not enough Warframe crossovers so I'm certainly watching this. Looking forward to seeing where you take it.

Maybe its because I'm reading this at 2am in the morning but it looks like Taylor is playing Transference pinball, either way there are not enough Warframe crossovers so I'm certainly watching this. Looking forward to seeing where you take it.

It's wild and has no control at the moment. Notice how every time it was engaged she was under the effects of some sedative to force her asleep.

Sorry about the delay, Home life has gotten difficult given that the Air Conditioning broke on Monday and is only now being repaired.

Florida + Summer Heat + Stupid high humidity - A/C = Fucking Misery. Even worse because of my MS i was a hairs breath from going back to the hospital.
And wouldn't that be fun? /s

Back