The Empty Crusade (Horus Heresy)

[X][The Eldar] Accept The Deal
Garviel will leave his betrayer so that he may work with this mysterious group to aid the galaxy at large.
[X][War's End] A Shattered Lance
The Imperium pushes into the heart of the Orks, the Imperial army is found wanting in this measure. Only the timely arrival of the Legions who had been fighting in the heart of the war for years snatched victory from defeat. What is the measure of a man when demigods set the course of history?

YES! the quest has back! So glad it is not dead because this has one of the most interesting premiers for 40k.

Changing votes because it makes sense and is in Loken character to use this as his last chance of confronting Abbadon.
[X][The Eldar] Alter the Deal

This hopefully would humble the Imeprium to tone down their superior attitude and also because I want to see who this new player is.
[X][War's End] An Idol of Destruction

Last edited:
Happy to see this return, i was half preparing to make my own version soon after a bout of rereading. now onto the votes themselves.

The Eldar vote is very difficult for me to consider, mostly due to my own distrust of Eldar shenanigans and how she could be lying. But things have been thrown off the course of history already so it would not be unusual for a Eldar to come in for this sort of thing...I'm gonna go with the option that at least keeps Abbadon still in Garviel's sights. I find the story there is pretty interesting and gives a neat perspective of the Imperial Legion and how Emperor Roboute's methods are not the right fit for some.

[X][The Eldar] Alter the Deal

In contrast i find the end of the War to be a pretty clear option between the Shattered Lance and Idol of Destruction, don't want the World Serpents to loose large amounts of members, granted it might humble the Perfect Legion and Ferrus...probably not.

Anyway i'm gonna vote for the option i feel would be interesting as it's yet another shift in the Timeline, could it be the Ragdan? Maybe. either way whoever is on Chemos is probably gonna be in for a difficult time.

[X][War's End] An Idol of Destruction

Just as a reminder for folks and my own sake, I shall comple a short list of our Primarchs (There is only four of em) with a list of quirks and story beats, just so folks don't have to go and reread, i mean you should anyway, Tennis is a good writer and has made some interesting little things.

Sorry about the Double post, but i wanted to have this out when i finished it, if anyone else has stuff they remeber/find on a reread, please let me know so i can add it to the LIST

4th Primarch: Perterabo, Primarch of the Iron Wanderers
-Landed on a isolated station alongside a population of humans terrorized by a hostile AI, is the Second Primarch Found
-A master craftsman
-Learned both Machines and understand the people
-Body is maimed after saving a large amount of his people from destruction
-Lord of a nomadic people with established space as Iron Protectorates
-Builder of weapons and works of art
-Has caused a slight Schisim in the Mechanicum due to his bettering of Technology.
-Does not see the rest oft he Primarchs as true family, but does seem to get along well with Magnus, does nor care for Robute as much.
-His Legion had close ties with the tenth and managed to safely secure many of them into his own once it became clear the tenth Primarch was monstrous
--They remain as the Iron Shields

10th Primarch: Ferrus Occulus , Primarch of the Perfect Legion
-Landed on Medusa but breached into the depths below, raised alongside the machines of the Necrons and taught by the Pharon Trazoekh, the Third and current latest Primarch found
-Knows of the War In Heaven from a (Biased) Necron Source
-Understands Necron Technology
-See's humans as inherently inferior and wants to "Improve" them
-A master of both Metal and Flesh
- Has twisted what Astartes he commands into his "Perfect" soldiers
-Is working with the Imperium but fully willing to cut himself away should they prove too weak

13th Primarch: Emperor Roboute of the Imperial Legion
-Second Emperor of the Imperium
-Leads the Imperial Legion
-Suburb Administrator
-Granted modest approval to both the Gene Cults of Luna and major approval to the Mechanicum of Mars
-Much more intune with his Humanity then the Prior Emperor, but still willing to make the hard choices
-Open to the Ideas of Xenos living in and working with the Imperium
--Which has caused some problems
-Willing to let some form of faiths into the Imperium

15th Primarch: Magnus Stormborn, Primarch of the World Serpents
-The first found Primarch of Fenris
-Not a true "Leader" of his world, but a highly respected Shaman and Teacher, but for all intents and purposes, he rules the world
-His mind is connected to a vast Kraken named "Hagufn"
-His powers are well worn of the arts of Runes, calling of the Spirits and Commanding Storms
-The Legion confronted with their changing Flesh, spoke of it to Malcador
--Who in turn kept them back and kept new blood from entering their numbers
-When Magnus reached his Sons, he worked towards crafting Runes to keep the Change at bay and tried to foster connections with his Sons both old and new

Last edited:
Vote closed
Scheduled vote count started by Planetary Tennis on Apr 15, 2024 at 7:35 PM, finished with 11 posts and 10 votes.

Hello I was going over the thread and I realised we were not at the end of this particular part. The Shattered Lance will be the end of the war but we still get to visit the other legions. This is now cross-posted on SB

[]The Three Dogs of the Empire
[]Cloaked in Shadows and Mystery
[]Lost and Forgotten
[]The Phoenix and the Fire
[]Dusk and Night
[]Blood and Scars

"How much gold does the Imperial Legion want?"

"All of it."

I should probably vote

[X]The Phoenix and the Fire

Last edited:
[X]The Three Dogs of the Empire

Would be nice to see how the proto Wolves, proto World Eaters and the proto Wolves (The other ones) are doing, tho i'm open to any of them.

Last edited:
[]The Three Dogs of the Empire x4
[]Cloaked in Shadows and Mystery x1
[]Lost and Forgotten
[]The Phoenix and the Fire x2
[]Dusk and Night x3
[]Blood and Scars
Scheduled vote count started by Planetary Tennis on Apr 18, 2024 at 12:15 AM, finished with 9 posts and 8 votes.

Back