The Crown of Dragons

105 AC

There's nothing to smile about in the Royal Household's rooms, only tears and wails from those that are starting to learn of what has happened. The sickly smell of blood taints the birthing room, the pallid form of Queen Aemma Arryn a sad and loathsome sight. A Queen dead and the babe so sickly that the Grand Maester grimly and quietly prepares for two funerals while the King and his daughter weeps. While the Red Keep mourns for the good queen and Kings Landing is wreathed in black, the lords see what is at stake now, aa King with just a daughter and no wife...

The sun is yet to set on this dark day and already the pieces begin to move. Daemon Targaryen, darkly boasts of an 'heir for the day' and Otto Hightower plots to ensure that his rival may not claim the crown and elsewhere others take their first steps.

They To Whom All Under The Sea Is Owed
House Greyjoy
105 A.C.

---

House: Greyjoy of Pyke
Head of House: Toron Greyjoy, the Lord Reaper of Pyke

Ancestral Seat: Pyke
Holdings:
  • Pyke (A Fortress Falling into the Sea)​
  • All the Oceans and Rivers of the World (Claim Disputed)​
Current State of the House:

Lord Toron Greyjoy
, the Black Kraken - Born 86 A.C. on Pyke

• His First Saltwife, a Victim of his Raid to the Stepstones, Myrna of the Stepstones - Born 81 A.C. in Essos
    • No Children as of Yet
  • His Second and Favourite Saltwife, Raised from Galley Slave to Saltwifedom at the Lord's Whim, Visenya of Lys - Born 84 A.C. in Lys
    • No Children as of Yet due to a Critical Skill Issue
His Brother, Balon Greyjoy - Born 91 A.C. to a Saltwife on Pyke

His Brother, Rodrik Greyjoy - Born 91 A.C. on Pyke

Various Sisters the Lord Reaper Does Not Acknowledge

His Uncle, {Theon Greyjoy} - Born 64 A.C. to a Saltwife on Pyke and Died 103 A.C. in the Stepstones

• His Bastard Son, {Toron Pyke} - Born 87 A.C. on Pyke and Died 103 A.C. in the Stepstones
  • His Bastard Son, {Toron Pyke}, the Other Other Toron - Born 89 A.C. on Pyke and Died 103 A.C. in the Stepstones
His Uncle, Vickon Greyjoy - Born 67 A.C. on Pyke
  • His Son, Balon Greyjoy - Born 101 A.C. on Pyke
His Uncle, Euron Greyjoy - Born 69 A.C. to a Saltwife at Lordsport

His Uncle, {Dagon Greyjoy} - Born 70 A.C. to a Saltwife on Pyke and Died 103 A.C. in the Stepstones

• His Son, {Harlon Greyjoy} - Born 93 A.C. on Pyke and Died 103 A.C. on Pyke Under Suspicious Circumstances
His Uncle, Dalton Greyjoy - Born 74 A.C. to a Saltwife on Pyke
  • His Son, Alton Greyjoy - Born 95 A.C. on Pyke
  • His Son, Regnar Greyjoy - Born 96 A.C. to a Saltwife in the Narrow Sea
  • His Son, Vickon Greyjoy - Born 99 A.C. to a Saltwife on Pyke
  • His Son, Maron Greyjoy - Born 100 A.C. on Pyke
  • His Son, Toron Greyjoy - Born 104 A.C. on Pyke
  • His Son, Veron Greyjoy - Born 104 A.C. to a Saltwife on Pyke
Retainers of House Greyjoy

Maester Wyllard

Steward Theomore Botley
Castellan Dunstan Pyke

Master-at-Arms and Captain of the Violent Delights, Qarl the Blue
Captain of the Guard, Big Baelor

---

The Lord Reaper of Pyke
and
Captain of the Unspoken Command

Toron Greyjoy

---

Letter from Pyke, Delivered by Raven
To King's Landing and the King on the Iron Throne
(As Transcribed and Softened by Maester Wyllard)
@Sneakyflaps

Dragonlord, I've heard word from King's Landing of what has transpired there and know that I understand that you grieve. I have made many a man watch as I kill their sons before them and I remember well the way they all wailed and grieved the loss of their flesh and blood. Though he lived only a day, I am sure you felt the pain of his death deeply.

But look on the bright side, Dragonlord. Sons are replaceable, wives triply so, and now you may find yourself a better wife, or even wives even, who will give you dozens of sons to replace the one you've lost. You need only say the word and I will help you find one, you and I will reave the Narrow Sea, burn the Free Cities to the ground, and drag every woman you like kicking and screaming from their homes for you to have as your own. I myself have two salt wives already and though I am fond of my second, much like axes, one can never have too many, and would look forward to the chance to find more of my own alongside you.

Your faithful servant,
Toron Greyjoy

House Arryn
As High as Honor

The Family of House Arryn in 105 A.C.

Lady Jeyne Arryn, Lady of the Eyrie, Defender of the Vale, Warden of the East, and Head of House Arryn - Born 89 A.C. to Lord Ronnel Arryn and Lady Alayne Arryn née Royce.

Her Cousin, Ser Arnold Arryn - Born 85 A.C. to Ser Artys Arryn and Lady Della Arryn née Belmore.

Her Aunt, Lady Elys Arryn, married to Ser Luceon Grafton the Seneschal of the Eyrie - Born 61 A.C. to Lord Rodrik Arryn and Lady Myranda Arryn née Corbray. No issue.

Her Aunt, Lady Amanda Sunderland née Arryn, married to Lord Stevron Sunderland - Born 62 A.C. to Lord Rodrik Arryn and Lady Myranda Arryn née Corbray.

• Her son, Ser Patrek Sunderland - Born 84 A.C., married to Lady Wylla Sunderland née Hersy
  • Her daughter, Alys Sunderland - Born 89 A.C.
  • Her son, Marwyn Sunderland - Born 92 A.C.
Her Aunt, Queen Aemma Targaryen née Arryn, married to King Viserys Targaryen - Born 74 A.C. to Lord Rodrik Arryn and Lady Daella Arryn née Targaryen. Died 105 A.C. in childbirth.
  • Her daughter, Princess Rhaenyra Targaryen - Born 92 A.C.
Her Distant Cousin, Ser Gerold Arryn a household knight, married to Alys Arryn née Hardyng - Born 73 A.C. to Ser Jon Arryn and Lysa Arryn née Egen.
  • His son, Joffrey Arryn - Born 102 A.C.
Her Very Distant Cousin, Hubert Arryn, Head of the Gulltown Arryns married to a merchant's daughter - Born 68 A.C. to Walder Arryn of the Gulltown Arryns and a merchant's daughter.
  • His son, Isembard Arryn - Born 88 A.C.

Last edited:
King's Landing, 105 AC
(IC Approved by @Tyrell)

'Well, this is a pickle,' Daemon thought after receiving reports from his subordinates that men suspected to be Otto Hightower's own subordinates had been seen in the Flea Bottom. Clearly they had heard about his outburst of declaring himself to be Viserys' heir, and seeked to tell their accursed master about it. Daemon had ordered his men to round them up, but he doubted he could get all of them before words of his boast get to the Hand.

'Now, what to do...'

It wasn't that he hated Aemma of course. He loved her, Daemon loved all of his family, but that wasn't to say he had the best self-control on this side of the Narrow Sea, or else why would he be called the Rogue Prince? Daemon still had enough self-awareness to be conscious of his own worst tendencies. Not that he cared to remedy it obviously.

His outburst was born out of feelings too complicated to put mere words on it. For years Daemon had been the only option for Viserys' heir, being the only other Targaryen male, and for all those years his position kept being threatened by that accursed man who kept hovering around his brother like a clingy leech. Master of Coin, Master of Laws, and now Commander of the City Watch, his loss of positions caused by the machinations of one Otto Hightower who kept trying to convince his brother to sideline Daemon, Viserys' own flesh and blood. That wasn't to say Daemon did a good job as either Master of Coin or Master of Laws, but the fact Viserys chose to heed the word of that leech still frustrated Daemon. And so it ultimately to Daemon's relief that Viserys' newborn son ended up dead, that he was still Viserys' heir, that no, Otto Hightower still hadn't gotten his victory yet. Though the fact still remained that Daemon's own relief and glee might have been against his own luck in this situation.

If he was asked about it, and if he was being honest, Daemon would admit that of course he wanted the throne, but he wanted it because it was his by natural succession, because that was how the situation came to be, not because he seeked to harm Viserys and his family. No, hurting his own family would be the last thing Daemon would rather do.

Yet there would be men who would seek to take advantage of his words, men who would seek to twist it into their own benefits, men like that damned Otto Hightower. Daemon could imagine it, that snake whispering in his brother's ears, telling him truth mixed with falsehood in order to convince Viserys of Daemon's so-called 'malice'. Knowing his brother, Viserys would be too-caught up in his own grief to discern the truth, not that Daemon blamed him really, and would probably end with Viserys exiling Daemon away from King's Landing and his sight for the foreseeable future.

Thus, the question now became how Daemon could defeat Otto at his own game here. Everyone here in Flea Bottom would have known of his outburst by now, he wouldn't doubt it. And even if he was called "Lord of Flea Bottom", it wasn't like Daemon held the ability to monitor all corners and alleys of the slums all the time, some stragglers were bound to escape his attention. Indeed, there would be no use to denying his outburst to Viserys. Therefore, he concluded, he would better suited using Otto's own intended weapon against him.

"Well, I suppose it's about time I reunite with that wife of mine," Daemon commented.

To my beloved brother, King Viserys @Sneakyflaps

I have heard of the grave news, Brother, about the loss of your beloved wife and son and offer you and my niece my deepest and most sincere condolences. I am truly sorry that I am not in the Red Keep with you, to share in your grief and sorrow, but I have the suspicions that this is one of the time that my presence near you would rather do harm than good. As such, I instead would seek to ask for a momentary leave from the court, to give you and my niece the time and room for you both to come to terms with this misfortune. The passing of Cousin Aemma suddenly reminds me of my own... complicated relationship with my wife, and the realisation that perhaps I should patch things up with Lady Royce while I still have the time to do so, so as to leave no regrets. If you ever in need of my presence and help, Brother, just say the word, and I would ride to King's Landing from Runestone atop Caraxes. In the meantime, I would take the time to grieve for Cousin Aemma in my own way at Runestone.

Your ever-loyal and filial brother, Prince Daemon Targaryen

To my dear sweet wife the Bronze Bitch, Lady Rhea Royce of Runestone @EmuEmperor

By the time this letter arrived to Runestone, I am sure you would have heard about the passing of your sister-in-law and our beloved Queen Aemma. My brother the King would be in deep grief and sorrow, and being the understanding brother that I am, I decide that it's better to give him the time and room to properly grieve for his beloved wife. As such, I am afraid to inform you that I will depart to join you in Runestone, to stay with you for the foreseeable future until my brother has managed to come to terms with the passing of Cousin Aemma. By the time you receive this letter, Caraxes and I will probably but moments away from Runestone. I will see you soon, my dear sweet Bronze Bitch.

Your charming husband, Prince Daemon Targaryen

P.S. You and I both know nothing will change your sentiment regarding my arrival whether or not I inform you, but at least in this way you will be unable of accusing me of not properly informing you beforehand and catching you off-guard with my arrival.

House Bracken

"No Bridle Can Tame"

The Family of Lord Bracken in 105 AC

Lord Humfrey Bracken "The Young Lord", Lord of Stone Hedge, b. 84 AC.

His deceased wife, Lady Tanda Frey, b. 82 AC d. 101 AC, died in childbirth.

His son and Heir, Amos Bracken, b. 101 AC.

His deceased wife, Lady Jenna Reyne, b. 88 AC, d. 104 AC, died in childbirth

His son, Jerrel Bracken, b. 104 AC

His brother, Ser Lothar Bracken, b. 86 AC

His sister, Lady Barba Vance, b. 88 AC

Last edited:

Your Grace, King Viserys I, King of the Andals, the Rhoynar, and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms, Protector of the Realm, @Sneakyflaps

Dear Uncle, I write you knowing the keen pain with which you must be feeling. Know that I and the rest of House Arryn and the people of the Eyrie and the Vale grieve with you. Queen Aemma was a daughter of both our House and yours and we shall miss her for the rest of our days. It is difficult to imagine that her presence shall not again light up the halls of the Eyrie nor provide the warmth which this high hall is so often in lack of.

Dearest Uncle, if there is anything that I as Lady of the Vale or as the niece of your dear wife can provide for you and for the Realm, do not hesitate to require it of me. We are kin and in the hours of loss and need we shall stand with you and your line.

Your devoted niece and subject,
Lady Jeyne, Lady of the Eyrie and Warden of the East

My Princess Rhaenyra, @Velasco

Dearest Cousin, I hope that my words may provide some balm for the pain that is consuming you. I know that nothing I can say will heal you, but I know that the words of comfort of my kin when my own mother passed when I was only a few years younger than you are now helped me, if only for some small moments to pass beyond the grief. Your own mother, my dear Aunt, spoke most kindly to me on the occasion of both my mother and father's deaths and I hope to do her memory proud to offer the same condolences to you.

Do not forget that you have kin in the Vale and that I shall not forget you cousin. If there is anything that I can provide for you do not hesitate to require it of me.

Your cousin,
Lady Jeyne

Last edited:

HOUSE HIGHTOWER
OF OLDTOWN

105 A.C.

WE LIGHT THE WAY

Name: House Hightower of Oldtown
Head: Lord Hobert Hightower
Heir Apparent: Ser Ormund Hightower
Seat: The High Tower, Oldtown
Origin: First Men
Religion: Faith of the Seven
Ancestral Blade:
Vigilance

History
From the Dawn Age to the Conquest

The Hightowers of Oldtown are among the oldest and proudest of the Great Houses of Westeros, tracing their descent back to the First Men. Once kings, they have ruled Oldtown and its environs since the Dawn of Days. Indeed, the origins of Oldtown are clouded in mystery; some claim that Valyrian slavers and settlers established an outpost on Battle Island, whereas other say that the mazemakers from Lorath or the Deep Ones from below made the Whispering Sound their home. Even the ancestry of the first Hightowers is unknown to us. Were they First Men, or had they come before the First Men, descended from those who had built the grim and black stronghold on Battle Island? Theirs is an unknown history, but what is known from the ancient records is that there has always been a Hightower ruling from Battle Island, undoubtedly the elder house of Westeros.

For thousands of years, the Hightowers ruled as kings, later bending the knee to the Kings of the Reach and giving up their crowns whilst retaining all their ancient privileges. The last King of the High Tower, Lymond the Sea Lion, took to wife a Gardener princess, while the King of the Reach married his own daughter. Its land borders protected by the mighty walls raised by Otho II and the power of Highgarden, the Lords of the High Tower were allowed to focus on trade and the dominion over the seas. Lord Dorian Hightower was welcoming of the Andals when they came, setting aside his wife to wed one of the newcomers. His grandson, Lord Damon the Devout, pledged himself to the Seven, whilst his son Lord Triston raised the black marble walls of the Starry Sept. When Aegon the Conqueror came to forge the Seven Kingdoms, the Hightowers once again preferred peace to war, and Lord Manfred opened his gates and hailed the Dragon as king. For their vast history and power, House Hightower by Aegon the Dragon by a marriage to his second son.

Though powerful and immensely wealthy, the Lords of the High Tower have traditionally preferred trade to battle, and have seldom played a large part in the wars of Westeros. The Hightowers were instrumental in the founding of the Citadel, established by Prince Peremore Hightower and his brother, King Urrigon, son of Uthor, and continue to protect it to this day. Subtle and sophisticated, they have always been great patrons of learning and the Faith, and it is said that certain of them have also dabbled in alchemy, necromancy and other sorcerous arts. The arms of House Hightower show a stepped white tower on a smoke-grey field, crowned with green flames. The House words are We Light the Way.

Family Tree
The Senior Line of the High Tower

LORD HOBERT HIGHTOWER
VOICE OF OLDTOWN

Lord HOBERT HIGHTOWER (b. 59), Voice of Oldtown, Lord of the Port, Lord of the High Tower, Defender of the Citadel and Beacon of the South, a proud, ambitious and vainglorious man, with reason to be. One of the leading nobles of the realm, Hobert has been Lord of Oldtown for twenty years, presiding over a time of peace and prosperity, though he is not yet content.
  • His wife, Lynesse Hightower (b. 66), of the Hightowers of Grey Haven, his second cousin, only daughter of Ser Eustace Hightower, Lord Admiral of the Whispering Sound, and the Lady Joy Grimm. Their children:

• Septa Sybell (b. 83), an independent-minded woman who sought refuge in the Starry Sept when her father attempted to marry her off against her will, now at long last reconciled and living in the High Tower, where she spends most of her time in the library,
    • Ser Ormund Hightower (b. 84), Heir to Oldtown,
    • Manfred Hightower (b. 88), the spare,

• His brother, Ser Otto Hightower (b. 65), Hand of the King, a learned man, m. {Lady Alyce Graceford} (64-104),

• Ser Myles Hightower (b. 83), a disappointment, at King's Landing,
    • Ser Gawen Hightower (b. 86), newly-knighted, now studying in the Citadel,
    • Alicent Hightower (b. 88), lady-in-waiting to Princess Rhaenyra Targaryen,
    • Gwayne Hightower (b. 90), a squire at King's Landing,

• His brother, Ser Morgan Hightower (b. 71), Lord Flamekeeper of the High Tower, m. the Lady Brienne Bulwer, a big woman,

• Ser Bryndon Hightower (b. 88), a talented squire and gifted swordsman, recently knighted,
    • Barris Hightower (b. 90),
    • Aemon Hightower (b. 92),
    • Beatrice Hightower (b. 95),

• His brothers-in-law and second cousins, children of Ser Eustace Hightower, a grandson of Lord Donnel the Delayer and famed mariner whose voyages to Sothoryos and the Summer Islands earned him fat wealth:

• Septon Theomore (b. 68), an influential septon of the Most Devout,
    • Ser Hobert Hightower (b. 70), the Younger, Knight of Grey Haven, a man whose greatest claim to fame stems from sharing the same name as his liege lord, m. the Lady Jeyne Serry, w. issue,
    • Ser Humfrey Hightower (b. 72), who followed in his father's footsteps, Lord Admiral of the Whispering Sound,
    • Ser Quenton Hightower (b. 74), likewise a mariner, harbormaster of Oldtown.

OTTO HIGHTOWER
HAND OF THE KING

The Black Kraken
We Do Not Sow

Toron Greyjoy in Battle Panoply

---

In the Iron Islands, the Lord Reaper of Pyke has laid down his new economic policy. At the advising of the wise, learned men of his court as well as from his wives, Toron Greyjoy has announced plans to embark on ambitious reforms to change the shape of the Iron Islands. No longer will the Ironborn be reliant on reaving for their wealth, no longer will they rely solely on thralls for labour, the Black Kraken will-

Nah. Not even as a joke.

Seated upon the Seastone Chair, the Lord Reaper of Pyke remains as he has always been: mercurial and tempestuous. Considered to be a violent even from a young age, the Black Kraken continues to care nothing for the intricacies of rule beyond that which appeals to him most. There are no days wherein Toron Greyjoy hears petitions or listens to the grievances of his vassals, he does not ponder the state of tax revenue nor is he even aware that he himself pays taxes, for these things bore the Lord Reaper. Although he came to power willingly - doing so after the sudden and untimely death of his father alongside the two uncles that Toron despised the most and the three cousins he hated with a passion - it is evident to all that he cares absolutely nothing for the responsibilities that come with it. In truth, most agree that Toron would be happier not being in charge were it not for one thing: he despises being told what to do.

He hated it when his father tried to restrict his raids after the Triarchy consolidated its hold on the Stepstones.

He hated it when his father also told him he could not take the oarsman of a captured galley as his saltwife.

And he hated it when his father tried to raise his uncles up over him and allow them to give him commands.

Some would say that it is for this reason that Toron is called the Black Kraken, for it was hate and spite, they whisper, that led him to murder his own father and take the Seastone Chair, but those brave enough to do so out loud are long since dead.

What the Lord Reaper does like though is glory. Some might say he likes violence specifically, or cruelty for cruelty's own sake, but Toron's ego is not so small as to be satisfied by such petty things. Nothing pleases him more than the rush that comes from a cheering army or the knowledge that from the Wall to Asshai, men whisper his name with fear and awe. It is something that drives him forward. It is something that gives him purpose. The pursuit of that high, of the feeling that comes with great and unmatched deeds, is all that matters to Toron Greyjoy.

Which is why the Black Kraken makes the moves that he now does.

Growing increasingly bored on Pyke, Toron has made plans in pursuit of that glory. Perceiving the Triarchy as an acceptable foe, one that even the Dragonlord would approve of and encourage him to strike at, the Lord Reaper has started preparing for an invasion of the Stepstones. While he does not care for the wealth that comes from controlling the islands, his prior experiences with the region have led him to believe that successfully ejecting the Triarchy from it will see feted all across the Seven Kingdoms. If he can put the Essosi to the sword, if he can shatter their fleets, and cause their women to wail so loudly that they can be heard all across the world,, then surely even the Iron Throne would love him for it. He would be named the greatest Ironborn of his generation, offered princesses and gold and steel aplenty, and everyone would know the name of Toron Greyjoy forever more.

---
Letters from Pyke, Delivered by Messengers
To the Lords and Captains of the Iron Islands
@Tyrell @Kaboomatic @Bylba

I grow tired of this lingering peace, I crave violence and the rush of battle.

The Ironborn will do battle with the Triarchy, we will shatter their fleets, take their women as saltwives and children as thralls, and leave the corpses of their men floating from Lys to Tyrosh. We will drive them from the Stepstones and pay the Iron Price for all their gold and gems and other precious things.

Let every man worth his salt take up arms and put ships to sea for only women have my leave to stay home, weak and helpless as they are, and thus those who stay behind shall be as such in my eyes.

Those who come first to my side shall have places of honour at my table. Those who arrive last will be shamed from here to the Drowned God's Hall.

Last edited:

HOUSE VELARYON
OF DRIFTMARK

THE OLD, THE TRUE, THE BRAVE
105 A.C.

Name: House Velaryon of Driftmark
Head: Lord Corlys "the Sea Snake" Velaryon
Heir: Laenor Velaryon
Seat: High Tide, Driftmark
Origin: Valyrian
Ancestral Blade: N/A
Cadet Branches: N/A

High Tide, the newly constructed seat of House Velaryon, the home of the Sea Snake, the Queen Who Never Was, and their Children, overlooking the booming town of Spicetown.

History
From the Conquest to the Present Day

The history of House Velaryon is one which stretches back to the Freehold, the history House Velaryon in Westeros is a history which is greater than that of even the Targaryens, but to pick a point to begin, it would be Lord Daemon Velaryon, who brought the Targaryen armies across the Bay, and make landfall on Westeros, supporting the ambitions of his nephew, Aegon and nieces, Visenya and Rhaenys to create a united Westeros. For his service, and his House's continued loyalty and support, he would be named Master of Ships, made leader of the royal fleet, and take control of the Celtigar, Targaryen, and Crownlander ships. His first charge would be to bring the Vale to kneel, by taking the Gulltown, which he faced opposition in form of their fleet, reinforced by the bastard daughter of Valyria, Braavos. Daemon, a descendant of Tidus prepared all he could, and when the battle came, he battled both the Valemen and the storm, with Vhagar flying above, victory was close, yet the arrival of the Braavosi would sink his flagship, taking him down into the waves, by the end of the battle, a third of the royal fleet was sunk, but a vengeful Visenya, mourning the loss of her uncle would sink the entire Gulltown and Braavosi fleet. However, Daemon would live on further beyond his death, for tales say part of the reasoning for Marla Sunderland's rebellion against the Arryns came from heartbreak for the death of her lover, for as his nephews and nieces traveled Westeros, so had Daemon.

He would be succeeded by many a son the famous being his eldest, Aethan, and his younger, Corlys. Corlys would be made the first Lord Commander of the Order of the Kingsguard, serving with distinction and being noted as quick and strong in battle, while being an observant warrior. He was famed for his prowess with sword and shield, and his devotion to his cousin, Aegon, was never in doubt. So far was this true, that some say that he died the day Aegon did. Aethan would serve as his father, as Master of Ships and Lord Admiral, while too making his daughter, Alyssa, a queen, through marriage to King Aenys, for his cousins, Targaryen, lacked a daughter. He would be famed for his exploits with his cousin and at-time friend, Prince Maegor Targaryen, and Ser Osmund Strong in rooting out the Stepstones of the pirate, Sargosa Saan. With the death of King Aenys, Aethan would to his daughter's eternal anger, not raise Driftmark for her son, the so-called Aegon "the Uncrowned", his grandson. His reasons are unknown, perhaps having served in the Stepstones with Maegor, and knowing his person, perhaps considering Maegor still a friend, but regardless, as the Uncrowned's rebellion was crushed, for a time, relative peace was maintained, and Aethan would continue to serve the newly made King Maegor, whilst allowing his daughter, grandsons, Viserys and Jaeherys and youngest granddaughter, Alysanne to hide in exile at Castle Driftmark. He would later die in the middle of Maegor's reign, unforgiven by his daughter, yet beloved by his grandchildren, too young to have known the tragedy. Aethan through Alyssa had both House Targaryen and Baratheon descend from him.

Daemon would succeed his father, in titles and position, having initially fled the capital after Maegor's usurpation, he would be convinced by the Dowager Queen, Visenya, to fly upon Vhagar to return and pay homage to the King, after which he was made Master of Ships. Though secretly supportive of the claim of his nephew, Jaeherys, out of obligation to the King on the Iron Throne, he would advise and serve Maegor, still looking to advance the interests of his house and family, he would promote the marriage of Rhaena to Maegor when he was looking for a new heir, which eventually would succeed when Maegor took the Three Black Brides. Yet as Maegor grew increasingly cruel, to both his niece, and the realm at large, and an opportunity presented when news arrived of his nephew, Jaeherys' leave from Driftmark and rallying of an army at Storm's End, he was quick to offer his services to the King to bring his nephew to heel, only to, as the fleet left King's Landing, raise his banners for Jaeherys, declaring him king, along with the entirety of the royal fleet.

By the time of Maegor's demise, and Jaeherys' entering King's Landing, Daemon was ascendent, being made Master of Ships and Lord Admiral to the new king, and being second only to his sister, Alyssa, and Rogar in the Regency. When considering a queen for the king, Daemon suggested that Jaehaerys wed Queen Elinor Costayne, one of Maegor's widows. He argued that such a union would demonstrate that Maegor's supporters had been forgiven, and Elinor's proven fertility was another point in her favor. Daemon even suggested for the king to adopt her sons by Ser Theo Bolling. However, in defiance of the Small Council, Jaehaerys ultimately wed his younger sister Alysanne, whom Lord Rogar Baratheon had decided to wed to his brother, Ser Orryn. This, however, was a matter planned between Daemon and the young King, Daemon a proud Valyrian like any other, saw no reason that a Valyrian ruler passes by tradition, of taking their blood to wife, and should that blood be half-Velaryon, all the better, additionally the Baratheon attempt to usurp their position as the second house of the realm, even if married to his sister, could not be allowed. Thus he warned his niece, Alyssane of the Baratheon plot, and had his nephew and niece, travel to Driftmark with his sons to tour the Velaryon shipbuilding capabilities and then take up residence in Dragonstone. Daemon's complicity in Jaeherys' actions became all the clear, with the blunt "no" given to Rogar's demands that the Velaryon fleet stops any lords who came to curry favour with the young king, slighting the Baratheon to such rage that he made clear his plans to usurp Jaeherys in favour of Princess Aerea, an action which sealed Rogar's fate as the Small Council rejected, and led to his own wife to order his resignation.

Daemon was raised to the office of Hand of the King by Queen Regent Alyssa Velaryon, to replace Rogar Baratheon. Daemon ruled the realm while Alyssa retired from public life as best he could together with the small council for the remainder of Jaehaerys's regency. When Jaehaerys reached the age of majority, he confirmed Daemon in his office as Hand, while Manfryd Redwyne, Lord of the Arbor, was summoned to fill the post of master of ships. This marked the first time that the office of master of ships had not gone to a man of the House Velaryon. Something which was rumoured to have caused the beginning of a great feud between the men. Daemon served ably as Hand of the King. After the death of the High Lickspittle, Daemon advocated for a show of force, suggesting to use of the royal fleet to prevent the elevation of Septon Mattheus to the office of High Septon, for Mattheus was a great opponent of the Targaryens. Later that year, when a mysterious ailment caused the death of all of Rhaena Targaryen's companions on Dragonstone, Jaehaerys ordered Daemon to send forth his galleys to ensure no one spread the disease beyond the island. Daemon did as commanded while grieving for his own young niece Lianna, who had been one of Rhaena's companions. Following the death of his sister Alyssa later that same year, Daemon resigned from the office of Hand of the King, claiming he wished to spend his remaining time with his family. Although most maesters and historians believe Daemon at his word, some say it was due to his bitter feud with Lord Redwyne. Daemon eventually passed away at the age of eighty-eight. As he had outlived his eldest son, Daemon was succeeded as Lord of the Tides by his grandson, Ser Corlys Velaryon, the famous Sea Snake.

Corlys took to the sea at a young age, first crossing the narrow sea to Pentos with an uncle when he was only six. Corlys would make such voyages every year that followed, working on the ships as a member of the crew. According to the captains he served under, they had never seen such a natural sailor as Corlys. He became a captain himself at the age of sixteen when he sailed the Cod Queen from Driftmark to Dragonstone and back. By the age of twenty-three, Corlys was already a celebrated mariner. Corlys sailed to Oldtown, Lannisport, Lordsport, Lys, Tyrosh, Pentos, and Myr. He sailed the Summer Maid to Volantis and the Summer Isles, and he took Ice Wolf to Braavos, Eastwatch-by-the-Sea, Hardhome, Lorath, and the Port of Ibben. He also took Ice Wolf beyond the Wall but was unsuccessful in finding a northerly route in the Shivering Sea around Westeros. Corlys sailed aboard his Sea Snake, a ship he designed and built, on nine great voyages to Essos. During his first voyage, he sailed beyond the Jade Gates at Qarth to Yi Ti and Leng. Corlys returned with treasures like silk, spice, and jade, doubling the wealth of House Velaryon. His second voyage took him to Asshai, farther than any other Westerosi, where he is said to have lost half his crew, alongside a childhood love, but reportedly discovered the Sun Chaser, the ship of Elissa Farman. Corlys's third voyage led to him becoming the first Westerosi to navigate the Thousand Islands in the Shivering Sea and visit Nefer in N'ghai and Mossovy. During his ninth voyage on Sea Snake, Corlys filled the ship's hold with gold and bought twenty more ships at Qarth, loading them with spices, elephants, and silk. Only fourteen ships reached Driftmark and all the elephants died, but Corlys became vastly wealthy from the venture, more than all the other houses of Westeros. For this accomplishment, he would be knighted by his grandfather.

After becoming Lord of Tides after the death of his grandfather, and richer than Lords Lannister or Hightower through his expeditions, Lord Corlys used his great wealth to construct a new seat, High Tide, where he stored his eastern treasures. The towns of Hull and Spicetown sprang up and drew trade away from King's Landing. Later, Corlys married the sixteen-year-old Princess Rhaenys Targaryen, the only child of Prince Aemon Targaryen, who in turn was the eldest son of King Jaehaerys I Targaryen and Prince of Dragonstone. Two years later, Corlys sailed his fleet to Tarth, to aid Prince Aemon in fighting the Myrish exiles who had invaded the island. Shortly before they left, Corlys's wife announced she was pregnant. During the campaign, Prince Aemon would be killed, reportedly by a Myrish assassin, leading King Jaehaerys I Targaryen to appoint a new heir to the throne. He chose his second son Baelon over Aemon's only heir, Rhaenys, thereby also passing over Corlys and Rhaenys's unborn child. Furious over this decision, Corlys gave up his admiralty and his place on the king's small council and returned to Driftmark with his wife. Later, Rhaenys gave birth to a daughter, Laena. A son, Laenor, followed two years later. When Prince Baelon died, King Jaehaerys I's succession became unclear again, and reports reached the court that Corlys was gathering ships and men to defend the rights of his son. When the king declared a Great Council would be held at Harrenhal to settle the succession, Corlys and his wife traveled there, using their wealth and influence to try and persuade the lords present to vote for Laenor, after Rhaenys and Laena had been passed over once again on account of their sex. Corlys' fame, reputation, and wealth did much to support Laenor's claim, but in the end, Baelon's son Viserys received the majority of the votes and was named Prince of Dragonstone. This was a humiliation, that he had now served twice, and never forgiven.

Family Tree
The line of the Sea Snake​

LORD CORLYS VELARYON (b. 52) known as THE SEA SNAKE, Lord of High Tide and Castle Driftmark, Lord of the Tides, Master of Driftmark, and former Lord Admiral and Master of Ships. He was a lover of the seas, having designed and constructed his own flagship, the eponymous Sea Snake, and sailed across the known world, even the unknown world. In his Nine Great Voyages, he would make House Velaryon the wealthiest house in Westeros, Lannister, and Hightower be damned. After the humiliation to his wife, he resigned his position on the Small Council.

• His wife, LADY RHAENYS TARGARYEN (b. 74) known as THE QUEEN WHO NEVER WAS, rider of the dragon, Meleys, daughter of the former Prince of Dragonstone, Aemon, chose to marry Corlys famously on dragonback, passed over by her grandfather, Jaeherys as heir after Aemon's death, in favour of her uncle, Baelon. Passed over again at the Great Council of 101, in favour of her cousin, Viserys, yet this time so too were her children. She is currently the castellan of High Tide, as her father

• Their daughter, LADY LAENA VELARYON (b. 92), rider of the dragon, Vhagar. A fiery young girl, with the beauty of her mother and the bold, adventurous spirit of her father.

• Their son, LAENOR VELARYON (b. 94), rider of the dragon he hatched, Seasmoke. Attractive to be considered pretty, unlike her sister, showing a great interest to boys, yet knowing his duty to his House, as Heir to Driftmark and Heir to his mother's claim to the Iron Throne.

His brother, SER DAEMON VELARYON (b. 56) married JEYNE VELARYON (b. 61), castellan of Castle Driftmark, having one son, two daughters and two grandsons:
  • SER VAEMOND VELARYON (b. 78) married ARLENNA CELTIGAR (b. 76), sworn shield to his uncle, Corlys, and has two sons.
    • DAEMION VELARYON (b. 98) currently residing in Castle Driftmark.
    • DAERON VELARYON (b. 102) currently residing in Castle Driftmark.
  • LADY VISENYA VELARYON (b. 83), lady-in-waiting to her cousin, Laena.
  • LADY ALYSSA VELARYON (b. 85), lady-in-waiting to her cousin, Laena.

His brother, SER DAEMION VELARYON (b. 57) married ALYSANNE VELARYON (b. 60), master-at-arms at Hightide, having five sons and two daughters:
  • SER JACAERYS VELARYON (b. 81), squire to his uncle, Corlys.
  • SER MONTERYS VELARYON (b. 84), currently residing in High Tide.
  • SER MONFORD VELARYON (b. 86), currently residing in High Tide.
  • SER MALENTINE VELARYON (b. 87), currently residing in High Tide.
  • SER RHOGAR VELARYON (b. 88), currently residing in High Tide.
  • LADY RHAENYS VELARYON (b. 89), currently residing in High Tide.
  • LADY VALAENA VELARYON (b. 95), currently residing in High Tide.

Last edited:

White harbor

Lord Desmond sat in his solar while checking documents from the dock foreman, it looked good but it could be better.

It seems that right now his biggest chokehold was ships, both to Cary trade, join the fishing fleets, and even loan it to enterprising merchant families.

However, to solve that issue it would need more than just orders to the dock crew to "build more", lumber must be felled and refined, iron shaped into nails, rope and sail threaded and a lot more industries for the production and maintenance of said ships… some that he might not even be able to handle alone.

Looking at a picture of his youngest daughter he got an idea to kill two ravens with one stone.

Hail fellow lord of the north/ my lord paramount

I Lord Desmond Manderly hereby invite You to my daughter Alayne Sixth Name day.

I also plan to use said festive time to further connect our northern houses. Betrothals will be forged and comercial pacts ratified for the benefit of all houses of our wide north

Best of wishes to those that cannot attend

Lord Desmond Manderly
Warden of the White knife
Lord marshal of the Mander

House Wyl
105 A.C.

House: Wyl of Wyl
Head of House: Wylard Wyl, the Lord of Wyl

Ancestral Seat: Wyl
Holdings:
  • Wyl
Current State of the House:

Lord Wylard Wyl, the Black Adder - Born 55 A.C.

• His Wife, Allyria Manwoody of Kingsgrave - Born 58 A.C.
    • His Son and Heir, Wylford Wyl, Stormbane - Born 75 A.C - Married to Dorea Drinkwater
      • His Son, Wendel Wyl - Born 97 A.C
      • His Daughter, Wynafryd Wyl - Born 99 A.C
      • His Daughter, Wylla Wyl - Born 100 A.C
    • His Son, Wyston Wyl - Born 78 A.C - Died 79 A.C
  • His Paramour, Myriah Sand - Born 73 A.C.
    • His Bastard Daughter, Walda Sand- Born 95 A.C
    • His Bastard Daughter, Wynona Sand- Born 97 A.C
    • His Bastard Son, Wex Sand - Born 100 A.C
His Brother, Walter Wyl - Born 57 A.C. - Died 91 A.C
  • His Son, Wylis Wyl - Born 82 A.C - Master of Arms at Castle Wyl
    • His Daughter, Wenda Wyl - Born 103 A.C
    • His Son, Wyland Wyl - Born 104 A.C
  • His Bastard Son, Waylon Sand, the Sly - Born 85 A.C - Leader of a Raiding Party

Last edited:
To my dear sweet wife the Bronze Bitch, Lady Rhea Royce of Runestone @EmuEmperor

By the time this letter arrived to Runestone, I am sure you would have heard about the passing of your sister-in-law and our beloved Queen Aemma. My brother the King would be in deep grief and sorrow, and being the understanding brother that I am, I decide that it's better to give him the time and room to properly grieve for his beloved wife. As such, I am afraid to inform you that I will depart to join you in Runestone, to stay with you for the foreseeable future until my brother has managed to come to terms with the passing of Cousin Aemma. By the time you receive this letter, Caraxes and I will probably but moments away from Runestone. I will see you soon, my dear sweet Bronze Bitch.

Your charming husband, Prince Daemon Targaryen

P.S. You and I both know nothing will change your sentiment regarding my arrival whether or not I inform you, but at least in this way you will be unable of accusing me of not properly informing you beforehand and catching you off-guard with my arrival.
As Daemon lands at Runestone, a servant meets him at the door to deliver a letter.

My dashing husband Prince Daemon,

My condolences for the realm's tragic loss of your sister-in-law and our queen. I am sure you find yourself in a state of mourning - I understand how such a loss can injure one's heart. I know that you will need time and space to heal from this pain, and as such I have ensured that separate chambers have been prepared for your accommodation so that you may rest without disturbance.

Please ensure your dragon is properly attended to, and a servant will lead you to your quarters. Should you wish to talk to me, feel free to ask that the Maester arrange a time.

Rhea Royce, Lady of Runestone

P.S. I advise that you make use of more courteous language when writing letters to noblewomen in future.

As Daemon lands at Runestone, a servant meets him at the door to deliver a letter.

My dashing husband Prince Daemon,

My condolences for the realm's tragic loss of your sister-in-law and our queen. I am sure you find yourself in a state of mourning - I understand how such a loss can injure one's heart. I know that you will need time and space to heal from this pain, and as such I have ensured that separate chambers have been prepared for your accommodation so that you may rest without disturbance.

Please ensure your dragon is properly attended to, and a servant will lead you to your quarters. Should you wish to talk to me, feel free to ask that the Maester arrange a time.

Rhea Royce, Lady of Runestone

P.S. I advise that you make use of more courteous language when writing letters to noblewomen in future.

To my sweet dear wife, Lady Rhea

Ah, my lady wife, I am glad to see that you manage to somehow scrap together a sense of humor in almost a decade we have never seen each other. Indeed, my heart is hurt and pained by the passing of my beloved cousin and sister-in-law, and as such my retreat to Runestone is for the purpose to heal. I am so very grateful to your understanding, truly, though I assure you I have my own way to cope with this sense of loss. Do tell, how fare you and the Vale recently? Any recent raids from those mountain clansmen? Burning a few dozens of them will be a fine way for me to grieve, and Caraxes can sure do the exercise. I am confident your liege Lady Arryn won't mind such help, yes?

Your dashing husband, Prince Daemon

P.S. You are the one who called me 'dashing', my lady. I pray you shan't regret it.

HOUSE CORBRAY OF HEART'S HOME
IN THE YEAR 105 AFTER AEGON'S CONQUEST

HIS LORDSHIP, SELWYN CORBRAY OF HEART'S HOME (b.60 AC, a.45), born of Lord Robert Corbray and Lady Anya Hunter, Current head of House Corbray and yielder of the valyrian steel sword LADY FORLORN. The only child of an only child, Lord Selwyn never had any doubts about himself or his place in the world. He was put on Westeros to kill, and his Lady was made to taste the blood of worthy foes. A man of war borne during peacetime, Lord Selwyn is deeply distraught by the lack of any worthy foes---the mountain clans hardly counting

HIS WIFE, Margaery Redfort (b.69 AC, a.36), very unhappy with her murder-obsessed husband.

THEIR CHILDREN:
-Leowyn Corbray, (b.96 AC, a.9), the heir of Heart's Home.
-Corwyn Corbray, (b.100 AC, a.5), Lord Selwyn's youngest son and the one who resembles him the most. Regarded as a pretty talented fighter... for a five-year-old.

The Queen's Funeral

It had been a fortnight, it had passed in what seemed like in the blink of an eye. The days had blurred into one between the grief, sadness and loneliness which His Grace had suffered. Long nights where he had kept himself up, beating himself over the outcome of the birth, over the death of his wife and his heir. He had become more akin to a recluse. He had excused himself from the major events at court, but he knew that it could not last. Now that the court had made it's way across the city, over the Blackwater and to the opposite side of the river banks, they would finally be laid to rest, proper rest.

All, from the lowest servant to the Hand of the King were dressed in black. The pyres had been prepared, a large one for the late Queen, upon which the sister had laid her. The babe, Baelon, was above her, his small wrapped body rested peacefully on top of her. It was a sore sight as the court descended down the slope, the claws of Syrax making trumps every time that she moved forth with another step towards the pyre. It was her breath which would send them to the next chapter. It was Rhaenyra that had been given the honour, or curse, of giving the command which would set alight the pyre that contained the earthly remains of her mother.

The two of them had not spoken ever since the tournament. Ever since the Queen's passing, the time had at the same time flown by, while standing still. Only the occasional walks in the gardens had brought the king out of his stumper, while the Queen had laid in the Sept, for all to pay their respects to the consort that had now passed and the boy that would never be. The king could not bring himself to it, not yet at any rate, to look upon his daughter from whose smile radiated the memory of her mother. Such memory still cut too deeply to be stomached and the king had rather made it his mission to avoid it. His eyes looked firmly ahead, avoiding all those gathered as if they were ghosts atop the shores.

As the flags were flapping in the wind, the only break to the otherwise mute company that made up the gathering, there was only one man who was not in attendance that the king had paid mind to. The flight of Daemon, his departure from the city in the wake of the death had cut deep. To be abandoned by his brother in a time such as this only added to the pain which the king suffered. The pain that his grace had felt by his absence, only drowned out by the greater pain and anger at the comment that Daemon had made. Heir for a day… Daemon had fled, had he even halted for a moment to consider what he had said, what he had done? The lack of care was his way, and Viserys had forgiven him for it all… but his son? His great desire, his utmost pain. The king clenched his fist, hidden underneath his cloak at the thought.

It was not until the Princess stepped forth, and dracarys rang through the air that the silence was broken and the thoughts of Daemon disappeared along with the remains of half the king's family. The fires of the dragon warming the entire court as flames engulfed the pyre. The flames keeping out the wind as the king would remain, as a near statue, watching over the flames as the court was forced to remain until his Grace finally departed and the court could retreat.

To King's Landing and the King on the Iron Throne
@Sneakyflaps

Dragonlord, I've heard word from King's Landing of what has transpired there and know that I understand that you grieve. I have made many a man watch as I kill their sons before them and I remember well the way they all wailed and grieved the loss of their flesh and blood. Though he lived only a day, I am sure you felt the pain of his death deeply.

But look on the bright side, Dragonlord. Sons are replaceable, wives triply so, and now you may find yourself a better wife, or even wives even, who will give you dozens of sons to replace the one you've lost. You need only say the word and I will help you find one, you and I will reave the Narrow Sea, burn the Free Cities to the ground, and drag every woman you like kicking and screaming from their homes for you to have as your own. I myself have two salt wives already and though I am fond of my second, much like axes, one can never have too many, and would look forward to the chance to find more of my own alongside you.

Your faithful servant,
Toron Greyjoy

Lord Greyjoy,

On behalf of King Viserys, I thank you for your heartfelt condolences. The Seven Kingdoms enters a period of mourning as King and Country grieve for our tragic losses. Although we appreciate your faithful concern, the time is not yet right to discuss new matrimony. The King prefers not to entertain such notions until the end of the mourning period.

Nevertheless, we thank you for your show of faith and send onto you our best esteems,
Ser Otto Hightower
Hand of the King

To my beloved brother, King Viserys @Sneakyflaps

I have heard of the grave news, Brother, about the loss of your beloved wife and son and offer you and my niece my deepest and most sincere condolences. I am truly sorry that I am not in the Red Keep with you, to share in your grief and sorrow, but I have the suspicions that this is one of the time that my presence near you would rather do harm than good. As such, I instead would seek to ask for a momentary leave from the court, to give you and my niece the time and room for you both to come to terms with this misfortune. The passing of Cousin Aemma suddenly reminds me of my own... complicated relationship with my wife, and the realisation that perhaps I should patch things up with Lady Royce while I still have the time to do so, so as to leave no regrets. If you ever in need of my presence and help, Brother, just say the word, and I would ride to King's Landing from Runestone atop Caraxes. In the meantime, I would take the time to grieve for Cousin Aemma in my own way at Runestone.

Your ever-loyal and filial brother, Prince Daemon Targaryen

Prince Daemon,
On behalf of the King, I thank you for your most sincere condolences. It is a sad affair, however, that you were unable to present them in person, and so suddenly left the court and your posts without forewarning or advanced notice. Rest assured, however, that I shall transmit your deepest and most sincere condolences to His Grace. It is my own sincerest hope that you may be able to now enjoy the blessings of marital life in the Vale. The Lady Royce must have missed you so. Mayhaps this time the gods shall bless your marriage with fecund progeny. We must all renew our prayers to the Mother. Until then, our best regards and esteem.
In the Light of the Seven,
Ser Otto Hightower
Hand of the King

Your Grace, King Viserys I, King of the Andals, the Rhoynar, and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms, Protector of the Realm, @Sneakyflaps

Dear Uncle, I write you knowing the keen pain with which you must be feeling. Know that I and the rest of House Arryn and the people of the Eyrie and the Vale grieve with you. Queen Aemma was a daughter of both our House and yours and we shall miss her for the rest of our days. It is difficult to imagine that her presence shall not again light up the halls of the Eyrie nor provide the warmth which this high hall is so often in lack of.

Dearest Uncle, if there is anything that I as Lady of the Vale or as the niece of your dear wife can provide for you and for the Realm, do not hesitate to require it of me. We are kin and in the hours of loss and need we shall stand with you and your line.

Your devoted niece and subject,
Lady Jeyne, Lady of the Eyrie and Warden of the East

Lady Arryn,
I thank you, on behalf of His Grace the King, for your condolences, faith and support. Queen Aemma was indeed a unique light in an otherwise darkened world, which now finds itself lacking one of its few truly luminous spots. It is in tragic times as these that the bonds of family grow stronger. Know that your message has been deeply appreciated in King's Landing, and that the feeling is reciprocal.
In the Light of the Seven,
Ser Otto Hightower
Hand of the King

Lord Greyjoy,

On behalf of King Viserys, I thank you for your heartfelt condolences. The Seven Kingdoms enters a period of mourning as King and Country grieve for our tragic losses. Although we appreciate your faithful concern, the time is not yet right to discuss new matrimony. The King prefers not to entertain such notions until the end of the mourning period.

Nevertheless, we thank you for your show of faith and send onto you our best esteems,
Ser Otto Hightower
Hand of the King
To King's Landing and the Hand of the King

Got it. You let the Dragonlord know that I'll pick him up some options while I'm fighting in the Stepstones this year so they're ready once he's finished mourning his son. I'll pick him up one from each city in the Triarch plus a few dozen extra so he's got options.

Toron Greyjoy

THE KINGSGUARD

Under the Reign of Viserys Targaryen, First of His Name,
King of the Andals, the Rhoynar and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms, and Protector of the Realm

Ser Harrold Westerling,
Lord Commander

Brother of Lord Roland Westerling. A famed tourney knight, and the champion of more than seven duels against commanders of ironborn raids. Named to the Kingsguard in 84 AC, by the word of Commander Gyles Morrigen.

Ser Robin Shaw

A knight of the Riverlands, who fought while not yet 20 on both sides of the revolt of the Faith Militant. He was appointed upon the deaths of Ser Victor the Valiant and Ser Samgood of Sour Hill in the year 60 by King Jaehaerys. Now well into his seventh decade, his strength is waning, though his grasp of the Red Keep's tunnels remains unmatched..

Ser Clement Crabb
A famed knight of Cracklaw Point. Appointed in 93 AC, a year after he gained fame fighting in Tarth during the Myrish Bloodbath alongside Aemon Targaryen. His joust against Ryam Redwyne in 98 AC was considered one of the greatest jousts in history.

Ser Steffon Darklyn

Son of the Velvet Serpent, Devorguilla Darklyn. Famous for his reckless bravery, and his ambition.

Ser Erryk Cargyll
Named, alongside his twin brother, to the kingsguard in 103 AC.

Ser Arryk Cargyll
Named, alongside his twin brother, to the kingsguard in 103 AC.

An Empty Seat
The death of Lord Commander Ryam Redwyne leaves an unfilled slot in the kingsguard. The Seven who guard the king are now but six.

Last edited:

House Mooton of Maidenpool
106 Years After the Conquest
Head of House: Lord Jonah Mooton
Household Heir: Ser Walys Mooton
Holdings: The Large Port Town of Maidenpool and its hinterlands
Ancestral Blade: N/A
Cadet Branches: None more noteworthy than minor landed knights
Origin: First Men
Living Members:

• Lord Jonah Mooton (b. 65); while he was a rash skirt chaser and favorite of Princess Saera Targaryen in his youth Jonah has come to settle comfortably into his role as Lord of Maidenpool. While he is an attentive lord who listens and usually implements the advice of his steward he does enjoy the leisures of his station. Hunting, jousting, a temperate degree of carousing with his favored knights, and doting on his lady wife occupy all the time he doesn't spend on the business of ruling. Yes, Jonah is a rather unambitious sort of lord. Both he and his lady wife had enough of courtly scandal in their youths and neither wish to involve themselves much with goings on in Kings landing. Recently Jonah has put aside many of his leisurely habits to focus on his new daughter and grapple with his House's reinvolvement in capitol politics.

• Lady Perianne Mooton née Moore (b. 67); once a handmaiden to Princess Saera Targaryen forced to wed Jonah in the wake of courtly scandal she and Jonah have come to have a surprisingly happy marriage despite its start. Though disparaged as an "empty headed trollop" in the wake of said scandal Perianne has come to have a reputation as a sensible and fair lady to the servants of her keep. Perianne has about as much interest in courtly politicking as her husband (which is to say none) but she does maintain correspondence with a number of other riverlander ladies.

• Ser Walys Mooton (b. 86); though the near spitting image of his father Walys could not be more different in temperament. Ambitious, driven, and somewhat prickly Walys has long sought to lift House Mooton from its status as "merely" one of the leading riverlander houses to something grander. Nothing occupies Walys's dreams more than the thought of one day earning a charter for Maidenpool and building the first real city the riverlands has ever seen. Walys has long sought to expand the Mooton's mercantile ventures from mere grain shipping and port managing to begin attempting trade across the Narrow Sea. If the Velaryons can sustain their place as the second most powerful house in Westeros off the back of their trade while only living on a spit of an island why can't House Mooton advance itself similarly? Accordingly, Walys has sought out connections with other "business" inclined houses around the riverlands and Bay of Crabs the most notable of which being his marriage to a daughter of house Waxley. Despite their difference in personality Walys gets along amicably with his father, with Jonah generally seeing fit to allow Walys to pursue his own endeavors, up to and including choosing his own marriage. While he eagerly accepted an appointment as Dragonstone's Castellan Walys wasn't fully aware of the burden the position would turn out to be. Stressed and anxious from his first real taste of responsibility, not to mention the birth of his first son, Walys strives to fufill the expectations placed upon him. In part because of his new anxieties Walys has come to cherish the rare pieces of quiet time he gets to spend with Gwyn, reading books, playing with their son, and "unwinding" together. Walys is certain that without his wife he would have cracked under the pressure by now.

• Manfryd Mooton (b. 89); Manfryd is the picture of a dutiful and loving son towards his parents, albeit of a decidedly more martial bent than his brother. Where Walys counts coins and examines ledgers Manfryd trains in the yard and eagerly anticipates earning his spurs in a joust or melee, ideally with his proud parents looking on. Though he inherited his mother's darker hair Manfryd is more like his father in personality than Walys. Manfryd as of yet holds no ambitions greater than earning his spurs, finding a lady wife, and one day serving his brother honorably as House Mooton's Castellan. Nowadays Manfryd is the dog that caught the car. Having fulfilled his greatest fantasy and been betrothed to Minisa Strong he has lost some of the drive that once guided him. Now he attempts to grapple with his experience in battle and nervously tries to play the role of gallant knight for his fiancée.

• Gwyn Mooton née Waxley (b. 83); while her marriage into House Mooton was, as is common, "merely" a means to forge an alliance between the two houses Gwyn has found that she is a surprisingly good match for Walys. Prideful but not vain and surprisingly stern despite her mousy appearance Gwyn is likely to make a formidable Lady Mooton one day. With Walys's appointment as Castellan of Dragonstone Gwyn has practically taken over management of their mercantile efforts, coordinating with their factor back in Maidenpool to expand their reach. Between that, establishing her household on Dragonstone, and caring for her son Gwyn is very stressed yet that stress has only strengthened her relationship with Walys as the two of them consistently support each other. Its not a passionate love, but the two have come to care for and depend on each other deeply.

• Annélace Mooton (b. 105); Still a baby, Annélace has Perianne's black hair and green eyes. Despite the fact that, or perhaps specifically because, Annélace was an unlooked for blessing her parents are overjoyed to have finally had a daughter and they spend much of their free time these days doting on her. So far Annélace has been a bubbly happy baby much to her parents continued delight.

• Marwyn Mooton (b. 106); Still an infant, Marwyn has Gwyn's brown hair and Walys's blue eyes. Born in-between two miscarriages Marwyn seems to instinctually understand some of that grief and has been a quiet, some might say solemn, baby so far. While not so openly emotional as the Lord and Lady Mooton its clear that Gwyn and Walys care for Marwyn deeply, they rarely ever leave him for nursemaids to attend instead involving themselves in childcare far more than the usual noble couple.

A Brief History of Maidenpool and House Mooton:
Maidenpool has stood as one of the largest towns in the riverlands for as long as history has been recounted in Westeros, rivaled only by Seaguard on the western coast and potentially Duskendale if one counts what are now the northern crownlands. Once first men petty kings who survived the Andal invasions with a timely conversion to the Faith of the Seven after their defeat at the hands of Andal warlords House Mooton has maintained itself as one of the Riverlands wealthiest house's for a very long time. Maidenpool's decently fertile hinterlands, hot springs, and its not quite perfect but good enough position as a place for receiving/shipping goods up and down The Trident or out through the Bay of Crabs has guaranteed its status as a prosperous port town. A status further bolstered by occasional pilgrims to the town's titular "Jonquil's Pool". Yet for all their respectable wealth House Mooton and Maidenpool by extension have never been able grow beyond this status, both sustained and stuck in place by their consistent but not overwhelming prosperity. Most see good sense in not complaining about what is frankly continued good fortune, but some always have grander ambitions.

Portions of Maidenpool's wall and castle as seen from Jonquil's Pool:

Edit: Updated to reflect the events of the first turn and a half.

Last edited:
House Greyjoy
In the Kraken's Den

Visenya of Lys

---

Visenya sat quietly in the solar next to Myrna, wrapped up in furs as a storm raged outside the Sea Tower. Ever since her capture, she had not quite known what to do with herself beyond the obvious demands put upon her by the Black Kraken. It was only at moments like these, side by side with her fellow saltwife, that the Lysene felt as though she had purpose. A needle in one hand and an embroidery hoop in the other, she carefully followed the instructions given to her by Myrna, threading the needle through the fabric along a preset pattern.

Today she was embroidering a kraken in gold onto black fabric, something that she had started getting good at doing thanks to the obsession the Westerosi had with their favourite animals. She had already stitched out the body of the kraken, which was only a little crooked, and was working on the little tentacles that spun off of both sides. At her current pace, she'd have it finished by the time the Ironborn decided that it had gotten too miserable to still be considered daytime and declared that night had fallen. Visenya was fairly certain that the sun did not rise over the Iron Islands, a sentiment that Myrna shared.

Eventually, somewhere between the third and fourth tentacles, Myrna leaned over to her and whispered in her ear.

"What're they talking about?"

With a flick of her eyes, Myrna shifted Visenya's attention to the far end of the solar where a group of men were clustered around the Black Kraken. They had been there for a candlemark already, excitedly talking amongst themselves without concern for whether or not Myrna and Visenya could hear them. Focusing her eyes on her embroidery, Visenya gave her a reply.

"War," she whispered back in Valyrian. "Toron wants to invade the Stepstones."

They both sat there in silence for a moment, occasionally checking to see if the men had heard them speaking, before Myrna let out a quiet sigh of relief.

"He'll be gone for a while then. He might even die. Wouldn't that be nice?" She remarked with a hidden smirk.

"For you," was all that Visenya offered as a reply.

Myrna looked at her, momentarily confused by the response, before that familiar flicker of recognition crossed her face and she remembered the difference between her and Visenya. Part of Visenya was relieved that her fellow saltwife had found it so easy to forget her shortcomings, as if the Ironborn themselves did not loudly remark on it whenever they believe the Black Kraken was out of earshot, though she hated that they existed in the first place. There was a cruelty in that her survival was now so tightly linked to her captor, that the only man in the world who recognised and enforced the truth of her soul was the same man who viewed her as a thing to be possessed and used to his satisfaction. Myrna might survive him dying but for what she was, the death of Toron Greyjoy would equally mean the death of Visenya of Lys now.

"Do they think they'll win?" Myrna eventually asked, unwilling to let that be the last words spoken between them.

"Toron thinks they will. He says that they'll win a victory so great that the King will make him his Hand and give him his daughter."

"Will he?"

Visenya shrugged. She knew nothing of the Targaryens, nor of their current ruler, though in truth, neither did the Ironborn. She had learned that the Targaryens had never once been to the Iron Islands and that the Black Kraken had never even met them. Apparently they were so distant that many Ironborn didn't even think that dragons were real. Which, to be fair, might as well be true given how distant the Targaryens were from the Iron Islands.

"Maybe."

"I wouldn't if I were him, even if it'd be nice having someone else around to take the beatings."
Myrna flexed a hand to punctuate the point. "And Weeping Lady preserve us if someone lets him near a dragon."

Visenya didn't know when it had happened but at some point the talking across the solar had stopped as the Black Kraken stared her down. From a distance, that face was a pretty one, the kind that was nice to look at while he slept, though she could tell it wore a cruel expression that marred those beautiful features thoroughly. Recognising the look as the prelude to something dangerous, she made sure to take quick action to mollify him before his annoyance could spiral into a temper as black as his name.

Pitching her voice upward to make it as soft and feminine as possible, Visenya offered him a gentle smile as she spoke. "Is it true you go to win a great war against the Triarchy?" She asked, hoping some vague sense of innocence was conveyed with the question.

"And what does it concern you if I am?"

Smiling her dumbest smile, Visenya answered, "We were wondering then how many banners we should stitch for you, there are many walls in the Triarchy and you will need to cover all of them with your kraken."

There was a pause followed by laughter from the Black Kraken. "Women," he remarked as though it explained everything, something that compelled the other men to laugh with him, either out of understanding for the remark or out of fear for not finding it funny when the Black Kraken did. Waving away his men, he crossed the solar with a few long strides and came up before Visenya. Reaching out, he grasped her by the face and gently stroked it, as though she were some cat to be petted rather than a human being. "Don't you worry your pretty little heads, I'll bring you back enough thralls to stitch those banners for you."

"You are too generous, husband."

"I am," he laughed, face twisting as he gave the back of her head a light slap before wandering back to his men.

"It would be terrible if he died but would it truly be so bad if he lost his arms and legs though?" Myrna whispered to Visenya once he had passed out of earshot again.

"Or at least gelded," she agreed. "That would not be so bad at all."

Last edited:
To: Viserys of House Targaryen, King of the Andals, the Rhoynar, and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms, and Protector of the Realm @Sneakyflaps
From: Corlys of House Velaryon, Lord of the Tides, Master of Driftmark, Lord of High Tide, Castle Driftmark, Spicetown, and Hull

Your Grace,

I write to you to express my sincerest condolences for the death of Her Grace, and your wife.

In times such as these, while the realm shall mourn the passing of our good queen, it will be up to family to mourn the passing of a scion of Valyria.

If you would have me, I would wish to sail to King's Landing with my family, I know His Grace is surrounded by noble, true, and able councillors who shall be able to perform the functions to assist you in whatever you desire, and that relations have been tense between us for some time. Yet, in these times, I would not wish for family to be left adrift, I know my lady-wife would wish to mourn, Aemma with you personally, while my son and daughter have spent too much time away from their cousin.

I hope to hear from you soon, your Grace.

House Stark
File:A Song of Ice and Fire arms of House Stark rampant direwolf red tongue.svg
Rickon Stark married to Gilliane Glover
- no children

Bernard Stark married to Margaret Karstark
- One child, Benjen Stark

Various cousins in House Mormont and the descendants of Brandon the boisterous. Will be fleshed out later.​

Hail fellow lord of the north/ my lord paramount

I Lord Desmond Manderly hereby invite You to my daughter Alayne Sixth Name day.

I also plan to use said festive time to further connect our northern houses. Betrothals will be forged and comercial pacts ratified for the benefit of all houses of our wide north

Best of wishes to those that cannot attend
To: Lord Desmond Manderly

I will attend as an observer.

To: Lord Bolton @veteranMortal Lord Desmond Manderly @Magus Explorator Lord Reed @Graf Tzarogy Other important Northern Houses @Tyrell

Lord Stark calls on you to fulfill one of your ancient duties as a vassal of House Stark. To act as councilors and advisors concerning matters of importance. What are your views on the current events in King's Landing and of Daemon Targaryen, the most obvious heir of King's Viserys after the tragic events in King's Landing.

---

Letters from Pyke, Delivered by Ravens
To the Great Houses of Westeros and the Coastal Lords of the Seven Kingdoms
(As Transcribed by a Team of Twenty Thralls and Maester Wyllard)
@ATerribleWriter @Fingon888 @Texan @Mortis Nuntius @Kirook @Napolean_Barca @Magus Explorator @Mr.Bones @mcclay @The_Red_Baron @Altered @ByzantineCaesar @Tyrell

Hail to you, you Greenlanders and fellow subjects of the Dragonlord.

Know that I have watched you all from Pyke and found you all wanting. You have allowed this protracted peace to make you fat and slovenly for you have forgotten the rush and glory of battle in your indolence. What's worse is that you have made women of your men and men of your women, turning the world upside down to satisfy your craven need for peace. You prance about on your horses and play at war, think that knocking a man on his arse counts as glory, and then go home where you put on your dresses and bow to the whims of your womenfolk.

It is disgusting but I do not hate you for it, Greenlanders, but rather I pity you. You have been deluded into thinking that you have no enemies and that peace is all that is left to you, a lie that we Ironborn have seen through.

I reave the Narrow Sea like it is the back of my hand and I know that your merchants are raided by the Essosi, your womenfolk are kidnapped and taken as whores for foreign men, and that your gold is swallowed up by the maw of the great beast that is the Triarchy. I have seen your women traipsed about like prize horses by them and taken back your wealth from the holds of their ships on many an occasion so I know this to be true.

They are your enemy and fighting the Triarchy is the cure to your weakness.

As I speak these words, I summon the ships of the Iron Islands to do war with these cretins. I will drive them from the Stepstones and cover myself in glory doing so. Once the last Essosi lies dead or in shackles in those lands, I will carve my name so deeply into the rocks there that a thousand years from now, men will still speak the name "Toron Greyjoy" with fear and reverence.

I offer to you the chance to join me in this glorious endeavour, to prove yourselves real men by killing and maiming until your arms can swing their blades no more and you grow sick of the blood and glory we will cover ourselves in.

Join me and wash away the weakness of the past, if not for yourselves then for our Dragonlord who shall enjoy all our glory once we have won the day and put the Triarchy dogs to the sword.

The Lord Reaper of Pyke,
Toron Greyjoy

Last edited:
Prince Daemon,
On behalf of the King, I thank you for your most sincere condolences. It is a sad affair, however, that you were unable to present them in person, and so suddenly left the court and your posts without forewarning or advanced notice. Rest assured, however, that I shall transmit your deepest and most sincere condolences to His Grace. It is my own sincerest hope that you may be able to now enjoy the blessings of marital life in the Vale. The Lady Royce must have missed you so. Mayhaps this time the gods shall bless your marriage with fecund progeny. We must all renew our prayers to the Mother. Until then, our best regards and esteem.In the Light of the Seven,
Ser Otto Hightower
Hand of the King

To the Lord Hand, Ser Otto Hightower
(CC King Viserys Targaryen @Sneakyflaps)

Ah, I thank you for your kindly words, Ser Otto, though I wonder why it is you who sent me a letter and not my brother. But I am an understanding man, I am sure my beloved brother would be in too much grief and sorrow to properly write to me himself, and I can understand that. My stay in Runestone has been quite pleasant so far, the Vale is peaceful and uneventful place, except for mayhaps the occasional mountain clansmen's raids, and as such I have my time and room to mourn here for the passing of my beloved sister-in-law.

Onto another topic, I know the position of the Master of Ships in the Small Council still lays empty, so I recommend my good friend Lord Corlys Velaryon to the position as well as the position of Lord Admiral. Surely the Lord Hand would agree with me that there is no other person more suited for the position?

Prince Daemon Targaryen of the Seven Kingdoms

Back