1/ Do you think I should crosspost this on SB? 2/ What do you think of this quest?

• 1/ yes

Votes: 23 63.9%
  • 1/ no

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • 2/ It's perfect! (what I can dream right?)

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • 2/ It's good

Votes: 17 47.2%
  • 2/ There is room to improve

Votes: 8 22.2%
  • 2/ There is a LOT of room to improve

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2/ It's one of the ugliest things that ever graced my eyes!

• 2/ Would you kindly die...

• Total voters
Maybe it would be a god idea tomfortify the house and get a book on magic again?

[x] Find the She ever lost... Strange sighting of a girl appearing and disapearing at will in the Agartha...

[x] Speak with your father, he never told you anything about your great grandfather and if he spoke about bees maybe...

[x] Find the She ever lost... Strange sighting of a girl appearing and disapearing at will in the Agartha...
[x] Speak with your father, he never told you anything about your great grandfather and if he spoke about bees maybe...

-[x] Try to see if there is some sort of pattern to her appearances; places where she's seen particularly often, or locations that she seems to visit in a certain sequence. Possibly ask the bees themselves for help, given how the girl seems surrounded by them.
[x] if you find her:
-[x] Speak with your father, he never told you anything about your great grandfather and if he spoke about bees maybe...
[x] if you do not find her
-[x] keep looking for her

Last edited:
-[x] Try to see if there is some sort of pattern to her appearances; places where she's seen particularly often, or locations that she seems to visit in a certain sequence. Possibly ask the bees themselves for help, given how the girl seems surrounded by them.

[X] Find the She ever lost... Strange sighting of a girl appearing and disapearing at will in the Agartha...
-[X] Try to see if there is some sort of pattern to her appearances; places where she's seen particularly often, or locations that she seems to visit in a certain sequence. Possibly ask the bees themselves for help, given how the girl seems surrounded by them.
[X] Speak with your father, he never told you anything about your great grandfather and if he spoke about bees maybe...

[x] if you find her:
-[x] Speak with your father, he never told you anything about your great grandfather and if he spoke about bees maybe...

People, we only have one turn left.
We have to double down if we do not find her immediately.

Last edited:
[x] if you find her:

[x] if you find her:

[x] if you find her:

just glad this was finished, couldn't get it right, bees are nightmare made flesh to write.

Well I'd say you succeeded marvellously in doing Buzzing dialogue, exactly as disjointed and incoherent and intriguing as it should be.

Now to a gameplay point of view. I wonder how we could get my favorite skill style from TSW; Blood magic.

Always favoured Chaos myself.

Egyptian wards were an art, literally.

Yeah, Warding can be very powerful but also very very difficult to actually do. An early quest demonstrates why Warding isn't as simple as just copying Wards from one location to another and having it work just fine. It's a complicated field.

another to detect dark water?

Welp. Filth Geiger prolly a very good thing to have.

My main problem with this is that the Illuminati, who are the only group we are able to contact right now, are not the best people to be talking to.
The same can be said with Chaos and the Templar, with Chaos being 'Ooooo, Protect the Balance', and Templar being the whole Greater Good, at a cost group, both were still somewhat better options than Illuminati.

I favour Templar just on the ground that they treat you the best out of the three, despite their issues. Dragon starts off with them freaking kidnapping you, and Illuminati starts off with threats and shortly after having a tracker implanted in your spine whilst you are unconscious.

Also got my eyes on that Secret World Legends thing, where the game is going Free-To-Play.

The game is already F2P. I'm actually trying out the closed beta for SWL atm, fair number of changes and it's pretty neat. I'd share more but alas it's under NDA until it switches to open beta in like a week.

On the other hand, the intricated web of wards showed that it hadn't been maintained at all for sometimes.

Possible whatever interested the Secret World in BB just went away so they stopped investing resources.

It became when inside a pyramid symbol of the Christian Trinity and in Asia, it is the symbol of the third eye who give vision. A symbol of Enlightenment not really fitting with the watchful part...

Illuminati Confirmed.

Well, half-way through you apparently made a gigantic error in the engraving, probably due to exhaustion, when you were putting down the one on the floor of your room.

Your father told you afterward that you just finished to put down the ward and were about to activate it, when it blasted you, with a gust of fire, so hard into the air you had done multiple back flips before crashing into a wall as your father was pushed on his ass by the blast.

This is the sort of thing where having the training and support from one of the big three would make a huge difference, rather than fumbling around trying to figure it out on your own. Well, prolly going to get involved with one of them fairly imminently.

"Contrary to the picture I build of myself, I am not stupid."

People don't think you're stupid Gladly, no no. They think you're pathetic.

Well, that or Templars. Or maybe Dragon. Canon Gladly definitely doesn't seem like the sort to fiddle around with a 19th century watch though, and with the "Do not be brash Taylor"

I'm thinking maybe someone in the vein of Hawthorne from Kingsmouth? Someone who knows a little and thinks they know a lot, and thinks they're way more involved and important than they actually are.

You tried to follow him after school but that was a bust as soon as you discovered he used a car. At least you found out that he had a girlfriend, a tall inexpressive blond dressed all in black who awaited him next to his car and who kissed him as soon as he was in arms reach.

Hmn. Possibly he's being used as a tool by the Illuminati? Illuminati unsure, him being an utter Tool is definite.

Until after a corner, you stopped dead in your track when you felt it heating up again and on the other side of the street, a homeless man was leaning against the wall, hood drawn upon his face. Quickly walking past him you tried to calm your heart beating like mad into your chest when the eery silence was broken by a low growl and the sound of the man to move around.

You prepared to run when you heard a wet sound and turned to see the man slouched against the wall. Deciding you had really overdue your stay in the area you ran until you were out of it and in the Market.

Nope nope nope.

Let's stay the frack away from the Filth corrupted part of the city shall we? As a Bee Taylor might be near immune to the Filth, but she has near no combat skills atm and she'd get wrecked.

Though I'd very much like to pick up a firearm at some point; ranged options are always good.

Ranged magic options exist and would attract less attention than a firearm. People might notice a fifteen year old with a gun, one with a charm bracelet on the other hand...

You had the feeling that entering it would have dire consequences for your father and you also knew, like an old lullaby, tit was safe for you to use.

Yeah, normal people can't enter Agartha.

Well, technically they can it's just a terrible idea.

As you looked around you could see dozens, no, hundreds of other branches like the one you were on, with wooden buds at regular interval exactly like the one you came from probably other portals you mused. All those possible locations... your mind was reeling at the sheer possibility of this thing...

In the distance, you could spy other trunks larger than the biggest skyscraper you ever saw and who emerged from far below and continued far above without any sign of beginning, nor ending.

Yeah, Agartha super cool.

You walked past other portals, here it opened in a park, here in an abandoned basement, here in the middle of nowhere, you spied the Museum of Science of Boston in the distance of another one. And only in a few minutes walk!

Fast Travel is the best.

Easily eight meters tall, made of nondescript red and bronze like metal, legs, and arms bigger than the trunk of a tree, with a small head who was bobbing alongside his powerful and slow stride. You could see cables and blue veins traveling alongside its body, a soft clickety could also be heard.

What you could only call a giant walked toward you. It didn't give any sign of being hostile so you simply let it come and hoped for the best, but, close enough to the portal to jump into it just in case.

It was quite the relief when it passed next to you, not even registering you, his stride not slowing down as he continued to go wherever he was going.

Good old Guardians. Reliable old Third Age tech.

Preposterously dangerous and near indestructible, but it doesn't matter since they don't really pay attention to people.

"Oh, oh, oh, girly stop! I ain't google. Name's Anna, I'm a merchant

OOO! An independent merchant, nice!

"Weapons, wards, potions, drugs, medicines, maps, books, all that jazz. I come and go, buy and sell.

New friend Anna is cool.

"I'm in high school..."

You replied after a moment of silence and in a whisper.

"My condolences."

Snrk.

Should be Ichor.

"Hell, even a rumor about a girl being spotted all over Agartha with a flock of bees around here for the past year."

Hmn. Sounds like Emma, though I wonder how she got out of Orochi custody.

as by my watch it's ninety-nine years overdue at quarter past the hour.

So a little bit under a year before the canon time when the Tokyo attack took place. Subject to changes obvs, what with Leviathan sinking half the country and all.

On the urging of a young man who spoke with a heavy Russian accent you bought yourself a few tacos from Virgil, and god those things were heavenly, looked over stalls full of weapons, armor, clothes and other normal commodities. Other were selling books and grimoires, potions and strange ingredients, things, grigri of all kind were on display and you had the feeling those were the real deal.

Well, looks we have a very nice place to pick up the basics then. And friendly stall owners that won't treat Taylor like garbage. If she stuck around long enough she'd probably see a few non-humans.

You asked where the Philadelphia station was to a passing Knight in plate armor, you patted yourself on the back since you didn't even gasp at the sight of a fucking medieval knight here, progress! He responded kindly, with a thick French accent, before walking toward a stall with heavy weaponry on display.

See, the Secret World is so weird that sure, he could be a member of the Templars. But he could just as easily be some immortal french knight from the 1600s.

While Anna had been a shot in the dark, she actually contacted you late in the evening yesterday saying she had found something that could interest you. It was an old manual used in the fifteen centuries, updated with lengthy explanations made by the current owner. She told you it was a from a friend of hers who wished for it to be of better use than taking dust on his mantelpiece.

You still paid it a hundred and twenty dollars but as you looked at it, you understood she let you get off easy. The thing was a piece of museum rearranged and incremented with newer notes wich explained and depicted with precision each move, each strike, and feet placement. With it, creating a training course completing the rest of your physical training was easy.

Still...

You wondered who exactly was Richard Sonnac...

Huh! Our new friend here actually knows Sonnac himself!

As for who he is, Sonnac is the ultimate bro. He's cool. Chatting with him about his notes on sword fighting would be a pretty good intro to the Templars.

Only one turn left and we still haven't found her; crap.

Should be doable, we have a Who, and we have a likely location. If she sees that we're acting on the Bees wishes there's a decent chance she'll listen rather than just pulling a vanishing act.

Think we've managed this objective, though the watching eyes one we never got that far on. Guess we'll be getting an imminent intro to the Big Three. Or if we're unlucky, maybe the Phoenicans, or the Morninglight, or even Orochi.

Well, looks we have a very nice place to pick up the basics then. And friendly stall owners that won't treat Taylor like garbage. If she stuck around long enough she'd probably see a few non-humans.

I'm more surprised you didn't spot the injoke with Virgil and Dante xD

... I think my mind went weird with igor, ichor and ickor, nevermind...

So a little bit under a year before the canon time when the Tokyo attack took place. Subject to changes obvs, what with Leviathan sinking half the country and all.

Yes, I part from the principle that secret world canon timeline begins somewhere in 2012 since actually, if you remember, the Maya calendar event played a huge lore roll at that time. And since it is also the year of realize it is convenient and plain logical.

Ranged magic options exist and would attract less attention than a firearm. People might notice a fifteen year old with a gun, one with a charm bracelet on the other hand...
Discretion is a Thing(tm). We'd no more carry an assault rifle around openly while going to school than we would the arm-length piece of sharpened metal currently acting as our primary armament.

And let's be serious; the places we're likely to go do, being a Bee and all that, no one would bat an eye at a fifteen year old girl toting around a rocket launcher, much less an assault rifle.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! Sonnac! My homeboy!

[x][x] Find the She ever lost... Strange sighting of a girl appearing and disapearing at will in the Agartha...

Doubling down.

Always favoured Chaos myself.
I wouldn't mind Chaos either. I've just had bad experiences in TSW when going with skills that share a range of use (Elementarism/Blood) or (Blade/Chaos). Might just be my playstyle but I've found it much better to have a primary ranged set and a secondary close range AOE. In my case Blood 'n Blade (Which actually sounds like a stereotypical metal band).

Yeah, Warding can be very powerful but also very very difficult to actually do. An early quest demonstrates why Warding isn't as simple as just copying Wards from one location to another and having it work just fine. It's a complicated field.
I quite liked how TSW showed how warding is a wholde field of study with that quest BTW. I wonder, though, if we're limiting ourselves to a too thin a field with just egyptian wards. Maybe study other cultures as well? Of the top of my hat I could say Nordic Runes might be useful?

Hmn. Sounds like Emma, though I wonder how she got out of Orochi custody.
Maybe for the benefit of Worm fans who haven't played TSW we should specify between TSW!Emma and Worm!Emma so there won't be confusion.

We'll need money though. And I wonder if the rest of the merchants aside from Anna even accept mundane currency.

See, the Secret World is so weird that sure, he could be a member of the Templars. But he could just as easily be some immortal french knight from the 1600s.

Been a while since I last played but I don't recall the Templar actually using medieval plate anyway.

Huh! Our new friend here actually knows Sonnac himself!

As for who he is, Sonnac is the ultimate bro. He's cool. Chatting with him about his notes on sword fighting would be a pretty good intro to the Templars.

Quite. I would very much support us joining the Templar. As I've noted above, the other two factions are just... a bit too immoral for me to see Taylor joining.

Plus, Sonnac is the broest of bros indeed.

[x] if you find her:

[x] if you find her:

[x] if you find her:

okay news, I am not dead nor is the quest.
I had between the 20 and 21 an urgent replacement to do, and was only informed theh 15, so I couldn't write nything for the quest. Expect next chapter in between the next two to three days.
Now I am going to sleep for 14 hours staitgh G'night

No problem. Take all the time you need. A high quality quest is worth waiting for.

Speaking of the quest, though. Since it is a crossover, I was wondering how some powerful entities from Worm (High end capes, The Endbringers, The Big Bad.) would compare to the powerful entities in TSW? (Lilith, The Black Pharaoh, The Black Signal, The Ur-Draug, hell even Loki even though he was a chump in-game much to the dismay of my nordic mythology loving self. ...nordaboo? Vikingaboo? I know this is something that could be had endless arguments over in a versus-thread, but this is a quest and what the QM says, goes. :)

Oh, speaking of Nordics, being from Finland myself, if you ever need help with Finnish mythology feel free to shoot me a PM.

Back