The Arena: An Elder Scrolls GSRP (OOC / Claims Thread)

Introduction
Pronouns
He/Him

The Elder Scrolls, in which all things in Creation are written.

Introduction

The year is 3370 of the Common Era or 667 of the Reman Era. Twenty years ago, the murder of the last Akaviri Potentate and his heirs ended the Second Empire. The institutions of the Imperial state continue to linger on, but without a leader at the top, it's a vestigial structure. Cyrodiil crumbles into over three dozen feuding states; their unity fractured after the hideous atrocities of Attrebus' Imperial Rouge regime. High Rock also exists as a bundle of fiefdoms, the Direnni Hegemony a memory of the distant past.

In Skyrim, the death of High King Logrolf triggers a bitter succession dispute, and now there are two Kingdoms of Skyrim: one at Solitude, one at Windhelm. The jarls declare themselves on either side or try to stay neutral in a situation that has avoided war only by the grace of the Gods. Unfortunately, most Tamriel fares no better, with regional hostilities gripping nearly every region outside Alinor. Is it possible for someone to restore the Empire in all this chaos? Can any state possibly hope to soothe the turbulence and stand above all others as the Emperor, not only of Cyrodiil but all of Tamriel?

Anything is possible amidst the chaos of the Interregnum. The Reach, that maze of twisted valleys between High Rock and Skyrim, stirs in the north. Bands of furious Reachmen, their numbers swelled by mutinying Imperial legions and urged on by their Hagravens, raid the cities of their neighbors, greedy for wealth and power long since denied their people. In the east, the Tribunal Temple is at the height of its power, the three living gods Almalexia, Sotha Sil, and Vivec celebrated by their people for saving them in the Four-Score War. Yet even now, Akaviri pirates raid the coasts of Resdayn, raising fears of a new invasion.

In the south, in the endless forests of Valenwood, civil war looms between those loyal to the eternal Camoran Dynasty and those Treethanes who protect the freedoms they won under the Reman Empire. Meanwhile, the last independent city-states of the Ayleids cling for dear life, still unwilling to bow to any except their fickle Daedric masters. The last twenty years have been a good time for the Daedra, who find their cults springing up everywhere across Tamriel. Chaotic times draw people to chaotic gods, it seems. If they don't worship the Daedra, then they join darker movements still: rumors tell of a secret society that seeks to kill people in the name of their "Night Mother."

Elsweyr, the home of the Khajit, splinters into three groups. In the south are those who worship the Mane as their divine leader. In the north, though, the only warrior tribes adhere to the old ways, the old religion, and old leaders. Finally, along the border with Cyrodill rises the new kingdom of Rimmen. Here is the last refuge of the Tsaesci snake men after the Imperial Rouge genocide in Cyrodiil. As for Black Marsh, well, nobody knows. As soon as the Akaviri Potentate was dead, Tamriel abandoned the swamps of the Argonians. So if anything is happening in there, the Argonians aren't telling anyone.

In the dead of night, almost ignored in the chaos, three riders leave the Temple of the Ancestors Moths. They carry messages meant for the Psijic Order, the Greybeards, and Sotha Sil. They are under strict orders not to let anybody, but these august bodies read the messages. They will kill themselves and destroy the parchment before this. The riders gallop off as a vast metaphysical machine springs into life.

Rules

1. When all else fails, my ruling is final.
  2. Understand that you are playing not a state, but a ruler, as well. Your actions in the game are directed as this character, you are conducting diplomacy amongst yourselves, and the orders you give out will be acknowledged by your realm and carried out only if they are willing to or respect / fear you enough.
  3. Every player will receive an order "size" equal to the power, prestige, and overall size of their state / character. War orders are considered separately, Each player gets one per turn, plus one for each war their realm is involved in. General orders are considered in one lump sump, defined by the number of words you get to tell me what you want to do. Choose those words carefully.
  4. All formal diplomacy (treaties and whatnot) should be conducted in PMs that I'm involved in. Any informal diplomacy can be conducted on Discord, but should include me. OOC discussion in the Discord group won't affect the events of the game world, but will influence the flavor of how I describe events, so keep that in mind.
  5. Information will be given out to all players that accords with a general understanding of the world that all players share. Information will be given out to specific players in accordance to what their characters and realms would know. Note that not all facts or information are actually true. The GM is M'aiq the Liar.
  6. Magic, being, well, magic, is something that I will consider on a case-by-case basis as players bring it up to me. In general, assuming magic as you see it in the games is much rarer in the reality of daily Tamrielic life. You're usually playing a messianic heroic archetype, after all.

Claims Process

Claiming will involve the typical "ask for your three favorites, I'll assign one to you" process. Players will be allowed to pick whichever realm / ruler they want, as long as they're in one of the Provinces of Tamriel.
You can start picking right now, but further detail on each Province is coming. Each Province, including regional recent history and states I specifically hope people will claim, shall get its own separate post in this OOC thread, one on each day, starting March 6th. The posts are coming in the following order:

1. Cyrodiil (March 6th)
  2. Skyrim (March 7th)
  3. Morrowind (March 8th)
  4. Black Marsh (March 9th)
  5. Elseweyr (March 10th)
  6. Valenwood (March 11th)
  7. Summerset Isles (March 12th)
  8. Hammerfell (March 13th)
  9. High Rock (March 14th)

After the High Rock post, I'll give two extra days for people to make or change claims. Then on March 17th I'll assign the states. On March 18th, the game starts.

(Note: although they're present and will play a role in the game, players are not allowed to pick realms / rulers in the sub-continent of Pyandonea, nor in the continents of Akavir, Atmora, and Yokuda.)

Tamriel, the Arena where your struggles shall take place.

(Current)
List of factions and players:

Cyrodiil:
  • The Brethren of the Gold Coast / Grand Admiral Hieronymus I of Stirk: @Zorakov
    • Type of Government: Pirate Republic
    • Population: 174,584
    • Capital: Stirkport (Pop. 4,620)
    • Largest City: Belport Run (Pop. 5,747)
    • Common Races: Colovian (31.5%), Altmer (23.8%), Bosmer (17.5%), Forebear (11.9%), Crown (5.6%), Yokudan (5.6%), Breton (3.5%), Kynaz (0.7%)
    • Major Religions: Alik'r (34.1%), Eight Divines (32.4%), Green Pact (16.8%), Auri-El (16.2%), Cult of Mehrunes Dagon (0.6%),
    • General Economic Level: Recession
  • Pirate Confederacy of Anvil / Pirate-King Arctur I Dragolner @Not ImporTant
    • Type of Government: Feudal Monarchy
    • Population: 343,750
    • Capital: Anvil (Pop. 15.260)
    • Largest City: Anvil (Pop. 15,260)
    • Common Races: Colovian (64.6%), Bosmer (24.1%), Forebear (11.4%)
    • Major Religions: Eight Divines (64.3%), Green Pact (24.2%), Alik'r (11.5%)
    • General Economic Level: Stagnant
  • Confederacy of Nibenay / Grand Overlord Venaros I Cuptor: @King Tharassian
    • Total Population: 1,276,334
    • Capital City: Bramblepoint (Pop. 3,098)
    • Largest City: Leywaiin (Pop. 8,272)
    • Common Races: Nibenaean (74.7%), Pellitinian (7.8%), Anequinan (7.6%), Imperial (5.3%), Paatru (3.4%), Colovian (1.2%),
    • Major Religions: Eight Divines (74.1%), Alkosh (11.1%), Riddle'Thar (6.5%), Hist (4.4%), Alessian (3.9%)
    • General Economic Level: Fair
  • Protectorate of the Heartlands / Lord-Protector Caius I Lex:@DeMarcheese
    • Type of Government: Oligarchic Republic
    • Population: 610,334
    • Capital: Cyrod City (Pop. 68,750)
    • Largest City: Cyrod City (Pop. 79,396)
    • Common Races: Imperial (69.4%), Nibenaean (18.2%), Colovian (9.9%), Cyro-Nord (2.5%)
    • Major Religions: Eight Divines (>99%)

Skyrim:
  • The Tribe of Tankarrth/ Chief-of-Chiefs Rogvar I:@mcclay
    • Type of Society: Reachmen Tribe
    • Population: 71,875
    • Largest City: Markarth (Pop. 15,303)
    • Common Races: Reachmen (95.5%), Nord (4.5%)
    • Major Religions: Old Gods (94.3%), Hagraven Cults (5.7%)
  • The Host of Volkihar / Lord Harkon I Volkihar: @Gunther
    • Type of Government: Vampire Clan Patriarchy
    • Population: 54,459
    • Largest City: Castle Volkihar (Pop. 2,179)
    • Common Races: Nord (72.6%), Reachmen (17.7%), Dunmer (3.2%), Altmer (1.6%), Bosmer (1.6%), Forebear (1.6%), Nibenaean (1.6%)
    • Major Religions: Eight Divines (53.0%), Cult of Molag Bal (31.8%), Old Gods (15.2%)
    • General Economic Level: Depression

Morrowind:
  • The Tribunal Temple / Archcanon Farwil I Indoril: @John7755 يوحنا
    • Type of Government: Totalitarian Theocracy
    • Population: 799,834 (Ashlander Tribes not included)
    • Capital: Vivec (Pop. 53,284)
    • Largest City: Vivec (Pop. 53,284)
    • Common Races: Dunmer (74.6%), Ashlander (19.4%), Archein (3.7%), Agaceph (2.1%), Nord (0.3%)
    • Major Religions: Almsivi (66.4%), High Velothi (12.9%), Nerevarine (10.4%), Hist (6.2%), Cult of Molag Bal (1.7%), Cult of Malacath (1.7%), Cult of Hermaeus Mora (0.6%), Eight Divines (0.3%)
  • House Indoril / Grand Ascendant Rythe I Indoril: @LurkingWreck
    • Type of Government: Feudal Theocracy
    • Population: 1,253,250
    • Capital: Almalexia (Pop. 66,150)
    • Largest City: Almalexia (Pop. 66,150)
    • Common Races: Dunmer (96.9%), Ashlander (3.1%)
    • Major Religions: Almsivi (89.7%), Cult of Sheogorath (5.3%), Cult of Mehrunes Dagon (3.1%), High Velothi (1.9%)
  • House Telvanni / Archmagister Uvren I Telvanni: @Cambyses
    • Type of Government: Feudal Magocracy
    • Population: 1,119,334
    • Capital: Port Telvannis (Pop. 5,300)
    • Largest City: Firewatch (Pop. 8,314)
    • Common Races: Dunmer (82.2%), Ashlander (9.8%), Archein (4.1%) Agaceph (2.4%), Skaal (1.2%), ??? (0.3%)
    • Major Religions: Almsivi (72.9%), Nerevarine (8.8%), High Velothi (7.0%), Hist (6.7%), Cult of Hermaeus Mora (3.3%), All-Maker (1.2%)
  • The Urshilakuians / Ashkhan Assamaunt I: @Revan4221X
    • Type of Society Nomadic Clan
    • Population: 61,292
    • Largest City: Gnisis (Pop. 870)
    • Common Races: Ashlanders (51.6%), Dunmer (44.2%), Skaal (4.2%)
    • Major Religions: Nerevarine (37.6%), Almsivi (25.9%), High Velothi (20.0%), Cult of Malacath (7.1%), All-Maker (4.7%), Cult of Molag Bal (4.7%)

Black Marsh:

• The Aneiuslan Ataleel / Raj-kaal Am-Ra I: @Demonic Spoon
    • Type of Government: Argonian Mandala
    • Population: 164,667
    • Capital: Rockspring (Pop. 1,020)
    • Largest City: Rockspring (Pop. 1,020)
    • Common Races: Nagans (35.8%), Paatru (22%), Kothringi (18.3%), Archein (14.7%), Sarpans (9.2%)
  • The Dankur Ataleel / Raj-kaal Nelix I: @ThatGuyMike
    • Type of Government: Argonian Mandala
    • Population: 120,500
    • Capital: Hissmir (Pop. 559)
    • Largest City: Murkwater (Pop. 900)
    • Common Races: Sarpans (74%), Dunmer and Kothringi (both 11.5%), Agacephs (2.9%)
  • The Tzel of Blackrose / Naheesh Terezeeus I: @TheaxofwarThe Ef'tdarmeeans / High Chief Terezeeus I
    • Type of Society: Multi-Tribal Cooperative
    • Population: 87,042
    • Capital: Blackrose (Pop. 3,497)
    • Largest City: Blackrose (Pop. 3,497)
    • Common Races: Archein (37.7%), Lilmothiit (30.1%), Kothringi (19.2%), Paatru (8.9%), Naga (4.1%)
    • Major Religions: To Finish Later

Elsweyr:
  • Confederacy of Elsweyr / Mane Ma'Randu-Jo I: @Walker Of Chaos
    • Type of Government: Theocratic Narcostate
    • Population: 1,089,917
    • Capital: Torval (Pop. 14,750)
    • Largest City: Torval (Pop. 14,750)
    • Common Races: Pellitinian (48.7%), Anequinan (40.9%), Bosmer (8.1%), Maomer (2.2%)
  • Niut of Senchal / Moon-Magnate Wadaku I Zadavi (@Sara)
    • Type of Government: Cartel Narcostate (Riddle-Thar Loyalists)
    • Population: 624,334
    • Capital: Senchal (Pop. 36,709)
    • Largest City: Senchal (Pop. 36,709)
    • Common Races: Pellitinian (82.5%), Paatru (6.6%), Nibenaean (5.3%), Anequinan (3.0%), Bosmer (2.6%)
    • Major Religions: Riddle'Thar (76.3%), Hist (8.9%), Eight Divines (7.1%), Alkosh (4.0%), Green Pact (3.6%)

Valenwood:
  • Aransel of Arenthia / Aran Hinomir I Bala: @Setsura
    • Type of Government: Commonwealth of City-States
    • Population: 326,000
    • Capital: Arenthia (Pop. 4,890)
    • Largest City: Arenthia (Pop. 4,890)
    • Common Races: Bosmer (44.0%), Ayleid (33.0%), Anequinan (11.5%), Colovian (11.5%)
    • Major Religions: Green Pact (51.0%), Auri-El (19.1%), Alkosh (16.6%), Eight Divines (13.4%)
  • Principality of Archen / Woodlord Endrast I Camoran-Gorinir: @Weygand
    • Type of Government: Green Pact
    • Population: 133,209
    • Capital: Cormount (Pop. 1,662)
    • Common Races: Bosmer (73.5%), Anequinan (10.6%), Pellitinian (10.6%), Ayleid (5.3%)
    • Major Religions: Green Pact (73.5%), Riddle'Thar (21.2%), Cult of Meridia (5.3%)
Summerset Isles
  • High Kingdom of Alinor / Aran-El Hidellith I Arana (@grimely )
    • Type of Government: Universal Monarchy
    • Population: 3,782,505
    • Capital: Alinor (Pop. 19,250)
    • Largest City: Alinor (Pop. 19,250)
    • Common Races: Altmer (90.9%), Bosmer (9.1%)
    • Major Religions: Auri-El (92.2%), Green Pact (7.6%), Cult of Meridia (0.2%)

Hammerfell:

• Blackcasters Guild of Elinhir / Zodiac Mage Felix I Augustus: @DanBaque
    • Type of Government: Magocracy
    • Population: 56,334
    • Capital: Elinhir (Pop. 4,800)
    • Largest City: Elinhir (Pop. 4,800)
    • Common Races: Crown (36.1%), Forebear (25.3%), Orsimer (14.5%), Cyro-Nord (12.0%), Imperial (12.0%)
    • Major Religions: Alik'r (61.3%), Eight Divines (22.5%), Cult of Malacath (15.7%)
  • High Kingdom of Hammerfell / High King Namasur I Nisewan: @Nemesis_Scar
    • Population: 183,250
    • Capital: Sentinel (Pop. 10,870)
    • Largest City: Sentinel (Pop. 10,870)
    • Common Races: Forebear (40.4%), Crown (26.4%), Berton (22,0%), Altmer (6.4%), Orsimer (4.8%)
    • Major Religions: Alik'r (57.8%), Eight Divines (25.1%), Auri-El (11.1%), Cult of Malacath (6.0%)
  • Grandee of Rihad / Grandee Shamar I Curetar: @SteelWriter77
    • Type of Government: Aristocratic Republic
    • Population: 479,750
    • Capital: Rihad (Pop. 15,910)
    • Largest City: Taneth (Pop. 16,700)
    • Common Races: Forebear (54.5%), Colovian (20.1%), Crown (13.4%), Bosmer (11.5%), Breton (0.5%)
    • Major Religions: Alik'r (69.6%), Eight Divines (18.0%), Green Pact (12.4%)
High Rock:
  • Chiefdom of Bulfim / Chief Moghakh I gro-Golkarr (@Zioneer )
    • Type of Society: Code of Malacath
    • Population: 67,292
    • Largest City: Morkul (Pop. 2,156)
    • Common Races: Breton (57.7%), Orsimer (42.3%)
    • Major Religions: Eight Divines (59.3%), Cult of Malacath (40.7%),

Last edited:
I'll hold out for the province posts, but I'm so glad you pushed this out. Will definitely app.

Damn, I'm already liking how in depth and nice this is looking. I honestly can't wait to see what you pull out for this

Looks like a very interesting game with a lot of potential, but this brings up a very important question. Will Tiber Septim show up at some point and absolutely destroy everyone via dragonblood plot armor, or are you gonna allow one of the players to make a replacement Dragonborn who may or may not unify Tamriel?

This looks very interesting, though I admit my knowledge of Elder Scrolls is spotty at best.

I'll probably join this, but I have no knowledge of the Skyrim series sadly.

Looks like a very interesting game with a lot of potential, but this brings up a very important question. Will Tiber Septim show up at some point and absolutely destroy everyone via dragonblood plot armor, or are you gonna allow one of the players to make a replacement Dragonborn who may or may not unify Tamriel?
I think the game is set way before that happens. Like we got a good few hundred years and an Alliance War before we have to deal with Dragon Jesus

Been looking forward to this.

Argonians have always been my favorite species in The Elder Scrolls, so I'll probably app there.

Last edited:
Is the Reach going to be in the Skyrim or High Rock section of claims?

What sorts of stats do people want to see in the provincial posts in regards to major characters/states?

What sorts of stats do people want to see in the provincial posts in regards to major characters/states?
Maybe something akin to the stats in DanBaques Cyrodill game? Something to give a rough understanding of economics, manpower, stability etc (in abstracted terms ofc). Some sort of brief overview of local history/current affairs.

Btw, I know High Rock is basically the last thing to discuss, but the Bjoulsae River seems to end kinda abrubtly/faster than I'd have thought from other maps.

Btw, I know High Rock is basically the last thing to discuss, but the Bjoulsae River seems to end kinda abrubtly/faster than I'd have thought from other maps.
The map only shows the portion of the river navigable to ocean-going vessels. The river continues on for some distance, at least until that lake north of it.

The map only shows the portion of the river navigable to ocean-going vessels. The river continues on for some distance, at least until that lake north of it.
Ah, fair.

Also, just to ask, "Claiming will involve the typical "ask for your three favorites, I'll assign one to you" process."

Do you mean 3 provinces or 3 specific localities within provinces?

Ah, fair.

Also, just to ask, "Claiming will involve the typical "ask for your three favorites, I'll assign one to you" process."

Do you mean 3 provinces or 3 specific localities within provinces?

Specific realms. The Provinces (capital-P) are mostly geographic designations. Given their vast size, it would be a bit like trying to claim, say, Western Europe or Scandinavia in a historical game.

Back