That never stopped a normal cat before, let alone C4T.
Coil's cat was left behind and unfed while Taylor was amusing herself giving Coil nightmares; it triggered and went looking for the servant that didn't feed it on time.

The PRT is wondering if C4T is from where ever the hell Saurial came, since it got on the rig, down to the prisoner and back out, without anyone seeing it.

Coil is now scared speechless by Cats and eldritch beings.

Are you sure? I thought that 'poke it with a stick' was the basic rule of Mad Science
Yes. This is what Interns/Assistants are for.

Note: Not Igors. They are too valuable, and too difficult to replace. If you're really desperate you can always (fast?) clone a new Assistant, and imprint * them with that last mind-backup you took of the previous Assistant.

* Please note 'imprinting' may sound good, but... it's a process still being perfected. But, good enough for Assistants? (Can be sold as 'Comprehensive Medical Cover, Including Dental') No problem! **

** BTW, probably best to ensure your filing system for clone-samples and mind-backups is... adequate. The whining from Assistants that have been imprinted into the wrong body can be... annoying. Of course, some embrace the change enthusiastically! Assistants can be... strange. ***

*** Sanity Warning (Yes, we know your job title), do not accept any suggestions from Assistants about 'new fields worth exploring'. Particularly if in any way these involve celebrities. It might sound amusing, but that way leads to mobs, with torches and pitchforks, or, possibly worse, legal cases, or, even, tax audits. Worse? The Homeowners Association might get involved. *shudder* Remember, Mad Science responsibly, for SCIENCE!

Last edited:
A word to the wise, if you see an animal wearing a fedora and trench coat that's sitting among human bones... maybe it would be wise to not poke it with a stick.
It's Coil. Any wisdom he might have had went by-by the day he decided ruling a city was a good idea when he already had enough money to get all the perks with none of the work...

No, Mad Science involves poking physics with a stick... Not animals that clearly ate the last one to poke them with a stick.
I'm sure some would claim Physics is the basis of All Science, and so poking-anything-with-a-stick is valid.

Humans is strange. An Apex Predator that kills by running prey into the ground, or, uses tricks like forcing them off cliffs. That cheerfully kills anything else around that's competition, or, either farms them for food (like pigs), or uses them for hunting or pest control (dogs, cats). Even, keeps them around for both food, and to provide useful alarms (geese).

The (proverbial) stick? Attempts to make better ones involve digging-up immense areas (CERN). Or, learning to tame the Sun (fusion). OK, there's... issues with poking other humans with sticks, but...

Again, and again, it proves it's all down to a shortage of Lizards.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48Bbxq1O9v0
Warning: other videos by 'safetyhammer' (aka Oglaf) are really, really, NSFW. Also, possibly too weird for Reality. You've Been Warned.

Last edited:
No, that's the basic rule of Being Steve Irwin.

"This is the most dangerous critter on the planet. She bites me, I'm a gonner. I'm gonna poke her with a stick."

In all fairness, Steve Irwin was damn good at his job. He knew exactly how to handle the animals, and what he could get away with. I'm sure he played up being reckless for the camera on the show, but he was never actually reckless or careless. His death was tragic, but not really his fault.

done rereading, again. good story.

voices, i do think in voices. much easier to immerse in story while giving characters voice, and visualizing them. i do ask to hint what alter ego currently in play for some characters, sometimes need to change voice and vision on fly, not nice.

voices that i got:
Narrator - Narrator!Divinity: Original Sin 2 or Franz Lohner!Hamwarmer: Vermintide 2 or Konzu!Warframe, very similar voices, brain tends to jump between them.
Taylor/Saurial - Kerillian!Hamwarmer: Vermintide 2 and Serious Handler!Monster Hunter World, doing a little bit of mix, hard to think up Saurial voice.
Varga - Darvo!Warframe and Jax-Hur Masha(aka Warlock)!XCOM 2, mix.
Danny - Spy!Team Fortress 2.
Mayor Roy - Bardin Goreksson!Hamwarmer: Vermintide 2.
Deb/Bev(?)/Barb - Sienna Fuegonasus!Hamwarmer: Vermintide 2.
Collin - Richard Tygan!XCOM 2.
Lisa - An-Yi(Lily) Shen!XCOM 2.
Kurt/DWU - Markus Kruber!Hamwarmer: Vermintide 2, basically any DWU not assigned got Kruber voice.
Mark - Dell Conagher(aka Engineer)!Team Fortress 2.
Zephron - Akande Ogundimu(aka Doomfist)!Overwatch.
Uber - Exited soldier!Earth Defence Force 5, the one who screams 'the whole sity will be gone', can't do any closer.
Leet - Tavish Finnegan DeGroot(aka Demoman)!Team Fortress 2 or Hugo!Hugo, both in ru adaptation.
Director Piggot - Victor Saltzpyre!Hamwarmer: Vermintide 2, if Victor was woman.
Raptaur - Sienna Fuegonasus!Hamwarmer: Vermintide 2, in bass.
Mr. Foot - John Francis Morrison(aka Soldier: 76)!Overwatch.
Doctor Mother - Moira Vahlen!XCOM.
Antonio - Marcus Kincaid!Borderlands.
Serafina - Sienna Fuegonasus!Hamwarmer: Vermintide 2.
Ervin/Kadir - Jane Doe(aka Soldier)!Team Fortress 2.
Dragon - Little Duck!Warframe, honestly i use this voice as basic guidelines.

This story has lots of ongoing threads, more interesting(for me) i written down:
QA - status: Chekhov's gun.
Amy's can of worms - status: Chekhov's gun.
Dean great confusion - status: Ongoing.
Sophia little escape - status: Pot stirring.
Lost capter 216 - status: Error 404.
Dragon breakdown - status: On hiatus.
Lung v Raptaur fight - status: Planned.
Podpod - status: Soon™.
Lisa reckoning - status: Chekhov's gun.
Mysterious mail - status: So mysterious i dont even remember.
Michaelangelo Donatello Castiglione - status: Chekhov's gun.
Antonio plan - status: Chekhov's gun.
Danny biomech - status: On hiatus.
Spooky salad(incompetent) - status: Pot stirring.
The Video - status: Where did that come from?
City fix - status: In background.
Uber and Leeeet biomechs - status: On hiatus.
Chris stels - status: Chekhov's gun.
Family awakening - status: Ongoing.

from chapter 297 quote:

"Yep, no problem," Taylor smiled, as the Saurial aspect vanished. She quickly retrieved one of the potted plants Amy had left on her workbench and returned to the truck even as Amy was slowing to turn into the parking structure. "Here you go."

"Fantastic. Thanks." Her friend smiled at both aspects.

Dismissing the base form, Taylor switched to Saurial in the front seat, then waited as Amy parked.

from chapter 299 quote:

Taylor shrugged. "Might as well come. He might want to ask Saurial some questions as a representative of the Family." She quickly texted a reply back to the doctor confirming Panacea's imminent arrival even as her other aspect vanished from the rear seat. The road they were on at the moment was almost entirely empty and the nearest person was several hundred yards away and walking in the opposite direction so it was safe. Her remaining aspect became the lizard girl in question. Having finished with the phone she put it back in the center cup holder.

is Taylor brought back second aspect behind scene?

once again, good story, is nice.

Oh, for a moment there I thought this was Brockton's Celestial Forge, and the cat was Kataklyzein; the one who got the PRT in a tizzy because of his Stranger ability which makes anyone unaware of his true nature perceive him as a completely normal cat.

When, in fact, the power simply makes his nature as a talking cat appear perfectly normal to those who know him. A mind fuck worthy of Varga, if I may say so.

Anyone want to beat @Lycanthromancer to the ground with a slide rule?
You could use a really thorough set of log tables? Or, a table made of logs if you want to do extra punning damage?

(For the more technically minded, maybe a pre-1970s electronic computing system of any variety would be good? Integrated circuits.)

((How do you know you're having a Bad Health Day? When you can't spot a 'path'/'math' pun...))

EDIT:

Last edited:
Why would I want to beat someone with a slide ruler? Especially when they got me to chuckle (as well as groan)?

EDIT:
Side note, what do you get when a disco band tries to learn advanced math?
An ABBA-cuss.

Last edited:
EDIT:
Side note, what do you get when a disco band tries to learn advanced math?
An ABBA-cuss.
Wouldn't that require a lot of swearing?

Possibly because (due to the glare from a glitter suit *) you tripped over your log table?

If you haven't got anything else. you draw some lines in the dirt, and use small pebbles? If you did this while smoking cannabis (or possibly to calculate sales of such), would that make you a Stoner?

* Of course, these days, your (hot pink?) glitter suit would have to be holographic... **

** And worn by Lizards. But, that's obvious. :)

Lizard in a nice suit?

Last edited:
Hmm. Tricky. Possibly a cylindrical slide rule, like a Fuller calculator, could be used? If one was made from EDM it might make quite a good club...
No one in the Family has shown an inclination to go clubbing, so I feel quite safe.

Although I would like to see everyone's reactions when some of the more interesting Family members decide they want to try it. Umihebi at a disco rave dancing to ABBA would be a sight to behold.

No one in the Family has shown an inclination to go clubbing, so I feel quite safe.

Although I would like to see everyone's reactions when some of the more interesting Family members decide they want to try it. Umihebi at a disco rave dancing to ABBA would be a sight to behold.

Or a headache to nurse due to Family Math getting involved. But don't worry, it's just a sine of the times.

Back