Created
Status
Ongoing
Watchers
Recent readers

A Plan Quest in the middle of a darke bronze age
Introduction
Tales of Darkwood

You can hardly believe what's appending, you Arturo Garonni, a blue blood, a true noble are being banished by your land, and what is worse is that the order come from your own grandfather. Yes he said it was for your own protection but who cares, you are being sent away like a bastard nobody, after all what is the point of belonging to the richest family in the kingdom if you cannot buy yourself an innocent verdict from a judge?

But your protest didn't matter to Giovanni Garonni, patriarch of the family and by your own judgment a cold hearted bastard, who without hesitation told you to pack your chest and be ready to depart in the morrow. Oh, of course you are not banished in the true sense of the word, that would be a shame to the family name; no instead you are being sent to supervise the smallest family's estate; a village deep in the Darkwood that is mostly isolated to the wide world, so small is not even named! Your grandfather said it will fall on you to ensure that the village become useful to the family and if you succeed he may heaven rescind your banishment.

Despise your thought on Giovanni and your family for abandoning you in the moment of need you are ready to take on your duty, not for them no, for your own redemption and to show them that you are more than a waste of space and Teste; so is with anticipation that you wake at dawn ready for your travel.

It's a rainy day the one of your departure, no one not even your parents came to see you off too afraid to displease grandfather, and so you set towards the Darkwood knowing it will be a long time or even never that you'll see home again; the travel is long and tedious first you take on a boat along the River of Tears, for over two weeks you spent your time gazing into the horizon trying to see the sun shining through the clouds and stargazing in the night, then you docked at the borders of the Darkwood and spent another week travelling across animal paths and poor maintained roads you finally arrive at the estate, and what a sight it is. A few dozen wooden houses with thatch roofs and a single wooden tower in the middle, a few fields surround the village and you can see a barn close to one house, everything seems old and covered by dust, meanwhile the Darkwood looms threatening all around the village. While you are observing the surrounding area you are reached by a group of farmers armed with scythes and sickles, you have to admit not exactly a threatening vision, who seems to freeze the moment they see the Griffin on your clothes. A few moments later they part to make ways to and old man who greets you with a bow "Nobile Signore, it is truly an honour to meet you, we were told of your arrival, your room have been prepared, if you would follow me" and he starts hobbling towards the tower. Later that evening after a cold bath (what barbarism) and a poor dinner you lay down on your bed thinking about the next day, when you will officially begin your duties and you can't be more anxious about it, if you fail you will be condemned to spend the rest of your life here among unwashed farmers and creepy trees, finally you manage to fall asleep while dreaming on your failures.

What crime have you committed to need an exile as your punishment?

Cowardice in front of the enemy: During a battle with the ghoulish hordes of the Plains of Ash you left your soldier to fend the enemy by themselves and decided to run away like a coward, your superior officers wanted you sentenced to prison for lifetime but your family name, and Teste was enough to make them close their eyes

Bribery and Theft: Thanks to you grandfather you were appointed as custom officer in the capital but decided that the pay wasn't enough so you allowed some merchants to oil your fingers in order to look away from their less than savoury affairs, and once discovered you where silently removed from your position

Homicide: During your tenure as a student in the renowned Accademia Reale you used to partake in duels to the first blood, as any noble did before you, until a faithful day you presented to a duel while being completely drunk and killed your opponent, ending your future as a scholar and starting your exile in fear of retribution

What have you packed in your trunk beside the essentials? (Choose Three)

A set of books on various subjects

Your armour

Books on the flora and fauna of the Darkwood

A bag of Teste

A master crafted hunting bow and good iron arrows

A set of Chess

You managed to convince grandfather to grant you help in ensuring the prosperity and security of the village ( choose two)

100 Teste

10 guards with bronze spears

2 oxen

20 worker

Agricultural instruments

A bronze worker

Frist of please use [ ] to mark voteing option's and number 2 i have no idea what this quest is about.

I know there is a game called Darkwood but i don't think that's what this is about.

Also I have no idea what "Teste" is supposed to be in the context of this setting. At first I thought it was the MC being male, then I thought it was supposed to be some kind of magical power or attribute, and now I'm hoping it's just the name of the money in the setting.

If it's money, I think it help a lot if you changed it to "gold", "silver", or "coin" to make it clearer.

Back