Suicide Squad ISEKAI

Well, it doesn't have the worst Joker design I've ever seen.

… It ain't good, but, y'know.

Also god, what a fucking weird idea.

"Hey, remember that one set of panels in the Darkest Knight event where the Suicide Squad was fighting monsters, what if that was actually GATE: And Thus The JSDF Fought There", like who was asking for that?

And although I get that they are the two big stand out characters people would actually recognize, it does feel weird that the self-described suicide squad (show? movie? There is genuinely zero consistent information anywhere online on what exactly this is, wikipedia says a show, polygon a movie, and everywhere else is just "HEY, A TRAILER") just. Utterly ignores any other DC characters, except for Joker and Harley. Well there's also Waller for one second, but the head of everything that is Suicide Squad getting a single shot of her grimacing is. Not a great bar to stand by.

I was more hoping that somebody was getting Isekai'd into the DC universe. Like imagine if you woke up and suddenly you were the Joker.

I heard anime fans saying how big bad Warner Brothers will be so bad for anime production.

Like Japanese compnies are not saints in this regard. Overworking companies.

The way anime fans say how superior anime is from western media but no nothing of either.

Anime companies are in fact worse than warners. Like no one exploits their workers harder outside literal slave plantations and sweatshops

Anime companies are in fact worse than warners. Like no one exploits their workers harder outside literal slave plantations and sweatshops
The way anime fans say how superior their mediums is while having the same flaws as other media and even worse.

Like is the average ecchi series with sexualized underage girls really any better then the internets punching bag of Family Guy and Family Guy clones.

Just that the mass amount of anime produced means that more gems get produced as laws of statistics.

Going to be real this conversation is starting to take on 'THEIR SAVAGE WASTES'/'OUR BLESSED LANDS' vibes.

The working conditions of anime studios absolutely deserve to both be exposed and raked over the coals. It is exploitation of some of the worst degrees.
With few exceptions like Kyoto who treats its workers decently and get this plans their releases out.

American film and TV unions are some of the few remaining bastions of strong labor in the country.

Because Regan worked in Hollywood and didn't want to Union bust his friends.

Animation in America is more expensive because you have to pay your animators decent wages.

Of course crunch still happens but it is not the norm like Anime.
Even then they outsource to Korea. I'm not sure if the working conditions for the in-betweeners but South Korea hates labor unions and is only a decade or two removed from murdering and torturing union organizers I don't like it.

Back