Well, bombs could always knock the turrets offline. Alternatively, a strong enough volley could knock the frigate down before they even have the chance to fire that full salvo.

[X] Answer: The carrier has to go. It cannot be allowed to empty its full load in this fight.

[X] Squad 1: As planned, start clearing the way for allied bombing runs and your own drones. That means small crafts and frigates. Bombers squads have an interception priority however.
[X] Squad 2: Defense, mop up what get past you heading for the Great Fox or close allies.
[X] Great Fox: Assist in taking out capital ships, starting with the carrier. For now, Power to weapons.
-[X] If enough fighters are out, launch the drone squads.

[X] Answer: The carrier has to go. It cannot be allowed to empty its full load in this fight.

[X] Squad 1: As planned, start clearing the way for allied bombing runs and your own drones. That means small crafts and frigates. Bombers squads have an interception priority however.
[X] Squad 2: Defense, mop up what get past you heading for the Great Fox or close allies.
[X] Great Fox: Assist in taking out capital ships, starting with the carrier. For now, Power to weapons.
-[X] If enough fighters are out, launch the drone squads.

If you all are wondering:

No, I have not abandoned this quest. Yes, I am still typing the next post. It is taking a while since there is a lot to write up, but it is still going.

Please also note that the combat mechanics parts are constantly being refined. So these battle results would be quite a bit different than say than that of the first battle...

I am still interested in all of it. If only just to see how we'll even be able to pay off the debt in the first place. Seems kinda fun to watch .

If you are still wondering:

No, I have not abandoned this quest. Typing is well underway, with 3406 words and counting. I know it is a long wait, but these kind of things can't really be rushed...

But, if you want, I could give a small sneak preview on the next post...

No, I have not abandoned this thread nor did I abandoned the quest. Typing is still being done and it stands at 4.5K words at the least.

In the mean time, I have thread marked the entire quest to date. Expect other acts of bookkeeping soon like updating the ship database for example.

It has been a long while, hasn't it? You might be wondering where I have been and what would the ultimate fate of these quests I have neglected for so long.

To answer the first question, let's just say that real life has really caught up to me, to the point where I do not nearly have the free time to spend on these quests I used to have before. And it might be that way for the foreseeable future. As a result, I have decided to make a few announcements regarding my quests, details to be posted within each thread.

For this quest, here is the announcement:

Due to the lack of free time I have in general and the complexity of the mechanics I have devised for this quest, I am announcing that this quest is now on a long-term hiatus. If this quest or its concept gets reused, it will be another reboot, again, with leaner mechanics (hopefully).

If you have any questions for me with regards to this announcement, please ask.

....T.T

Saw a post. Had hope.
Sorry to disappoint, but I seriously think the overelaborate combat mechanics that I have planned to use with this quest might have strangled it to death since writing out long combat scenes is dreadfully boring and time consuming with very little gain (seriously, who really looks at that stuff when reading?). If I do this quest again, the mechanics would be quite reduced so I will not go too blasted crazy over them.

Back