[X] Plan Darn Kids and their Vidya Games!
-[X] Full Name: James Johansson
-[X] Sex: Male
-[X] Age: 61
-[X] Heart

Grandpa JayJay, gonna kick your ass, I was a Gen Xer you know! I Remember the Console Wars of 1999!

-[X] Full Name: James Johansson
-[X] Sex: Male
-[X] Age: 61
-[X] Heart

Straight outta the 70's.

Straight outta the 70's.
Actually, being born in 72 means he'd be a 16 year old by 1988.

He's a child of the eighties, my friend. The height of the first golden age of video games to its fall.

He's a legal adult by the 90s. 28 by the new millennium.

Right now in 2018 ol' JayJay Be 46. His Son and/or Daughter is probably a Millennial.

For some reason, I imagine him as this guy who definitely got his ear pierced when he was 19 and kept it up just because his wife thinks it's cute.

I don't think that old people ever get featured as fantasy protagonists so I'm rooting for this old man! Old men have rights too you know!

[X] Plan The Little Munchkin

Changing vote since I really don't want to play as a 'technology is evil' old man.

Did you not read the original post of the plan? The one who straight up said the character knew that video games were evil.

Honestly I read it more as a 'get-off-my-lawn' kinda thing, not 'video-games are the harbinger of the devil'. And I find an old grampa doing something he doesn't like to look after his grandkids or nieces kinda sweet, so...

Honestly I read it more as a 'get-off-my-lawn' kinda thing, not 'video-games are the harbinger of the devil'. And I find an old grampa doing something he doesn't like to look after his grandkids or nieces kinda sweet, so...
Well, you are just as entitled to your interpretation as I am mine.

Funny that you mention that, actually! It's been long enough that I can be a bit open about what's coming up.

The next waves of character creation voting will focus on background, possible companions, and base motivation. Rest assured, if there are details beyond the ones specified in the first vote (name, sex, age, playstyle) that you're worried about, you'll have the ability to affect those, even if you don't get exactly what you wanted from the onset.

Also, I'm planning on leaving this vote open until Tuesday or so. There's still plenty of time to overturn a bandwagon, and I might keep voting open longer if it gets close, so don't give up on your choices too early!

Can confirm that it's supposed to be the former.

Was going for "Grumpy Old Man rediscovers love for games with Grandkids" sorta vibe.

Last edited:
I'm stucking with my dudebro because I haven't seen that type of protagonist in SV.
Funny that you mention that, actually! It's been long enough that I can be a bit open about what's coming up.

The next waves of character creation voting will focus on background, possible companions, and base motivation. Rest assured, if there are details beyond the ones specified in the first vote (name, sex, age, playstyle) that you're worried about, you'll have the ability to affect those, even if you don't get exactly what you wanted from the onset.

Also, I'm planning on leaving this vote open until Tuesday or so. There's still plenty of time to overturn a bandwagon, and I might keep voting open longer if it gets close, so don't give up on your choices too early!
You might as well close the vote right now,since grandpa pretty much won.:V

For the playstyles, the descriptions just relate to gaming in general. SSAO is still a VR game.
I know its about playstyles that why I'm not complaining about you using this grouping over Bartle's.
My point was that that doesn't translate into a playstyle the same way that the others did. Does this mean that we've got RL skills that translate? Is this whole thing a flavour thing for how you'll describe the players actions? Does this just mean that the starting avatar is stronger and faster?

I know its about playstyles that why I'm not complaining about you using this grouping over Bartle's.
My point was that that doesn't translate into a playstyle the same way that the others did. Does this mean that we've got RL skills that translate? Is this whole thing a flavour thing for how you'll describe the players actions? Does this just mean that the starting avatar is stronger and faster?

You make a good point in that the description for Body is a bit lacking, comparatively. I should go back and fix that...

Basically, it's a little bit of everything you said. Your focus as a Body player would be on distinguishing yourself not with wit, knowledge or research, but with sheer skill and ability. Improving your basic skills to make everything you do better. Practice.

You'd be better at mechanical execution, and leverage it to strike faster and harder. In this case, you'd be moving your body more efficiently and effectively. You'd be significantly better in combat on a base level, more directly than with the other two options.

I'd also use that to help me flavor actions, and as a factor to help inform your character for when I get to writing actual scenes. Future votes might cause this to exhibit itself differently, but it's fundamental and vague enough to always be there.

If the description and the article don't help, you might just have to trust me to use it well. I intend to make the chosen 'playstyle' pretty relevant, no matter which is chosen.

Last edited:

I kind of like silly fish-out-of-water variations on stories.

Back