Article:
The sequel to Sega and Paramount Pictures' hit video game movie will make its streaming debut on Paramount Plus and on other digital platforms Tuesday, 45 days after its theatrical release in April.

For fans of physical media, Sonic the Hedgehog 2 will arrive on 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray, and DVD on Aug. 9. The physical release will include "nearly an hour of bonus features," Paramount said in a news release, including a new, exclusive animated short, "Sonic Drone Home," featuring Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles.

Alright, time for cool music videos that use the music of the games to appear! :p

www.hollywoodreporter.com

‘Sonic the Hedgehog 3’ Sets Christmas 2024 Release Date

In a twinned move, Paramount is pushing the release of its untitled 'Smurfs' musical to February 2025.
The studio announced Monday that Sonic the Hedgehog 3 will open in theaters on Dec. 20, 2024.

Sonic 3 will face competition from James Cameron's Avatar 3, which is presently set to open over the year-end holidays in 2024 (the Avatar sequels have moved around numerous times).

Article:
Sonic 3 will face competition from James Cameron's Avatar 3, which is presently set to open over the year-end holidays in 2024 (the Avatar sequels have moved around numerous times).
If the trend of good Sonic movies continues, then I know which blue alien I'm putting my money on.

Honestly making a decent Sonic movie is kind of a no brainer and probably easier and more straightforward than making a good sonic game.

Kid's CGI adventure movie + a little bit of attitude + going fast = done. It's a winning formula.

Apparently that's also the release date of Sonic Adventure 2?

Apparently that's also the release date of Sonic Adventure 2?
On the Gamecube only and not the original Dreamcast version, apparently. But I wouldn't put that much stock into that since "a few days before Christmas" is generally a good release date for any entertainment product, especially those aimed at kids.

Although, I guess that symbolism works since they teased Shadow in the end credits. You could actually make a fairly straight adaptation of SA2 with the movie universe...

They'd better use Live and Learn if they do that, though.

Last edited:
I keep forgetting the next movie is probably going to feature a flashback to the Space Colony Arc massacre and especially the not!US Military shooting a child and then I see a picture of Shadow and get reminded. Can't wait.

I have my money on an elder Wachowski being the one to pull the trigger.

Do you think if Shadow had money he would have put Maria on like a silk screen T-shirt?

If they're really going to have Crush 40 in the soundtrack then we might be about to witness the greatest film of all time

Back