In Another World With My Tracksuit Act 1
The most important part of an RPG is dress up :V
@@@

[X] To find more clothes

You still want to find that box, but you have a cheat skill now. You don't need it. You'd be doing it out of curiosity, if anything. You think it might lead you to Nico, but Nico never leaves a job unfinished. He probably had that thing signed, sealed and delivered.

You wonder where Nico is, but you're sure he can take care of himself. Plus, you kinda died in front of him. Nobody but you would take their bro rising from the dead as anything but a reason to grab a weapon.

Plus, you want to hold on to the memory of him holding you tight. It was warm and fuzzy, and not in the way that made you feel funny. It was the first time since you two met Nico showed vulnerability.

But seeing Lilith's dorky tracksuit so many times has lit a fire in you.

You burn with passion.

A passion for fashion.

So you're going to get more clothes. Hopefully ones that unlock more Magical Girl abilities. Or at least some magic pants that make you do a magic dance.
The excitement of magic dance pants makes you dance in your current pants.

"You're hugging yourself," Lilith says, wrecking your reverie. "It's unnerving."

You feel yourself feeling yourself. "So I am." You give yourself a little squeeze.

Lilith narrows her eyes. "How do you fit in that costume?"

"Very carefully," you say, adjusting the straps of your apron so you don't spill out of it. "Hey Lilith?"

"It's the Great Lilith LaVey," she says, scratching herself. She looks as far removed from "the Great" anything as possible. So the disguise works.

"Where do I get magic pants? Preferably ones that don't make my butt look big...ger."

"From a weapons and armor shop, duh."

"Where's the closest one?"

"The Hell of Lukewarm Beer, so a good thirty minute walk from here."

"Groovy," you say. "Not the lukewarm beer part, the weapons and armor shop part. Wanna help me pick out clothes?"

She bites her lip, torn between annoyed and aroused. "Can they cover more of you?"

You detransform, the blinking red firefly of your internal HUD goes dead. Your dress is clingy from the heat. "This covers me pretty well, I think."

Lilith recoils like a vampire in the sun. Her face is flushed. "It looks painted on! You're like some sort of hentai character."

"Helena Hex was a gravure idol," you say.

"Well you aren't," Lilith huffs, trying not to ogle you. "I, the Great Lilith LaVey require some class in her traveling companions."

She snaps her fingers. Living fibers ensnare you, chew you up and spit you out.

You're in a black and purple tracksuit, the same style and make as Lilith's red and black. It's pretty comfortable, if unflattering.

Lilith beams with pride. "Much better."

"Sex having and matching outfits? You weren't kidding about the marriage thing." You stick your hands in the jacket's pockets and stretch the jacket out.

"But of course," Lilith says, rummaging through what could charitably be considered a junk pile. "When the Great Lilith LaVey takes on a lackey, she holds nothing back."

"Wait, I'm the lackey?"

You see her pull out a marital aid, then bury it back in the pile. "Of course. I'm the Demon Lord and you're my dark knight. That's how these things work."

"Put a shoe on your head."

"I'm explaining the way of things," Lilith says, grabbing a grubby tennis shoe from the pile and balancing it on top of her head. "Please save the nonsequiturs for later."

You stifle a chuckle. "Sorry. I think I understand now."

She nods proudly, tennis shoe falling behind her. "You learn quickly." Feeling she made her point, she dives into her mountain of junk with renewed vigor.

You unzip your jacket, pull a rag from out of your dress, and wipe down your partner. You think Lilith is going to take a while, so you make busy. Beside, if Lilith wanted you to look your best (even if tracksuits were super dorky), your partner has to do the same.

There was a Zen in cleaning the blood and the muck off of your partner. Very wax on, wax off. Whenever a job would get too heavy, or life would get too heavy, you could find your center polishing your partner.

Nico always teased you about it, but it was gentle teasing. Like the kind those girls did to his prostate.

You shudder, bobbling your partner. Nico was a Sex Haver on Nightmare Mode; you think it's how he found his happy place.

He always looked sad after it. When the girl (or guy) left.

You hope he's happy, wherever he is.

By the time you clean your partner's blade to a mirror sheen, Lilith's come out of the pile with an armful of cans. They look like off-brand energy drinks.

You point at the cans. "Are we gaming or getting clothes?"

"Foolishness!" Lilith barks. "No self-respecting adventurer would leave home without Potz and E-Lixirs!" You see her pockets, jacket and pants, are bulging with cans.

"You mean health potions and mana potions?" You grab one of each. They look lawsuit close to Monster cans, a red cross and blue swirl respectively replacing the claw logo.

"That's what losers call them," Lilith snorts, stuffing cans into a tote bag with the Yuusha kanji on it. "The modern adventurer is hip and with it. They pop collars and/or bottles."

"You sure know a whole lot about adventurers," you say, noticing her excitement."

"O-Of course," Lilith says haughtily. "A Demon Lord must know her enemy!"

An "I ♡ Yuusha'z" mug rolls out from the pile, she kicks it into a different one.

You shrug and sling your partner on your shoulder. "Yeah, I'm gonna go now."

Lilith reaches out to you, stumbles over a stray can of E-Lixir, and crashes into you. She's bony, but the tracksuits provide protection. "It's dangerous to go alone, take me!"

"It's just a trip to the shop," you shrug. "How bad could it be?"

[How Bad Is It?]
[ ] RIP AND TEAR bad
[ ] Exploding Penguin bad
[ ] Killer Rabbit bad
[ ] Zombie Idol bad...wait that's good

Last edited:
"The Hell of Lukewarm Beer, so a good thirty minute walk from here."
That's a horrible place to spend your afterlife in.
What kind of other Hells are there? How many are there in total? What's the power structure look like, feodalism?
You stifle a chuckle. "Sorry. I think I understand now."
Mm? Do share.
Most of what there was to understand about our situation was revealed last update. What did occur to us now, then?
She snaps her fingers. Living fibers ensnare you, chew you up and spit you out.

You're in a black and purple tracksuit
First time I hear of a transformation sequence where a magical girl gets transformed under someone else's power.
What terrible powers does the tracksuit outfit offer, by the way?

[x] Killer Rabbit bad

I miss the rabbit knight. We need to suplex more princesses so that we could eventually be reunited.

Mm? Do share.
Most of what there was to understand about our situation was revealed last update. What did occur to us now, then?
Power dynamics joke.

What kind of other Hells are there? How many are there in total? What's the power structure look like, feodalism?
Myriad, like the Itch That Won't Scratch Hell, the Hell of Eternal Hangovers, the Hell of Always Getting Your Order Slightly Wrong and the Hell of Student Loan Debt.

There are also classics like the Hell of Needles and the various Buddhist Hell Realms.

The power structure is 90s High School Feudalism: loose blocs of like minded devils bond together and play endless power and status games. These games devolve into bloodshed pretty easily, because devils are functionally immortal unless their souls are claimed or destroyed.

Lilith's had her soul sheared up by the Sinner's Arms, but she is/was powerful enough to not die. Yet, anyway.

What terrible powers does the tracksuit outfit offer, by the way?
Near-immunity to fire, poison, and shame. :V

Near-immunity to fire, poison, and shame. :V
Is shame an attack attribute? Like Holy damage? Spell Type: Shame has a nice ring to it.
Most Devils use the Kiss as a final seal after bodice ripping seduction.
Oh, don't tell me, the world is running on a system where items have durability, and the attribute does heavy equipment clothing damage? And it's an attack type innate to all devils!

*checks the inventory* Yup, the stockings even have it explicitly mentioned that they are immune to tearing! And it makes sense for devils themselves to be immune to the effects. It all checks out!

Is shame an attack attribute? Like Holy damage? Spell Type: Shame has a nice ring to it.

Oh, don't tell me, the world is running on a system where items have durability, and the attribute does heavy equipment clothing damage? And it's an attack type innate to all devils!

*checks the inventory* Yup, the stockings even have it explicitly mentioned that they are immune to tearing! And it makes sense for devils themselves to be immune to the effects. It all checks out!
You figured it out. :V

Back