Sign Oath: We're Beating the Dead Horse at this point, and Oh Yeah, Hunger Games

Khawy

TITANNNNNNNNNNN
@Nathaniel Wolff @Grue @The Grey Mage @ApocalypticFish @reborn214 @Wizard_Marshall @SplicedHunter

Casually slouched on a La-Z-Boy recliner, a man with shockingly white hair and red clothes decorated by crosses spoke to the others in the room, each comfortably seated in their own chair.

"Welcome to the 8919118415189th annual Sign Oath. No relation to the Oath Sign franchise. Congratulations on winning a spot as a sponsor. I wish to remind you all that you are only allowed to sponsor a single competitor, and that once that competitor dies, you will have no further way to influence the game. If you have not already chosen a player to sponsor, I recommend you do so as soon as possible, or you may fall behind. May the odds be ever in your favor.

Let's hope this bunch manages to entertain us before they die. These little competitions have a sad tendency to fall apart halfway through and end on a whimper."

His piece said, he snapped his fingers, and small screens appeared all around the group, each showing different areas. A massive forest, so thickly covered that light barely reached the ground. Mountains, craggily faced, with high, snow covered peaks. A harsh desert, dotted in a smattering of tiny water holes. A nearly endless stretch of plains, tall grasses obscuring the floor.

The screens paid particular attention to the first two areas, zooming in to show a small pile of seemingly random items at both locations, everything from a sword, to an old American flag, to fresh fruit. Around each of these cornucopias of random loot, stood seven stages, each the exact same distance from the prize.

Even as they watched, each stage was filled by a person. The participants varied greatly, featuring both what could only be teenagers, as well as grizzled elders that appeared to be seasoned warriors. All 14 competitors appeared at the same time, with an equal amount of warning. They found within their minds an instinctive knowledge of how their own abilities had been sealed, the reason they had been transported here, and what the prize at the end was.

However before they could get to killing each other, a large hologram appeared over the cornucopias. The hologram resembled a tall figure with the face of a luchadore mask. Suddenly a loud booming voice erupted from the hologram, a voice that all the contestants could hear.

"LLLLLAAAAAAAAAADDDIIIIIES AND GENTLEMEN! WELCOME TO OUR 8919118415189th HUNGER GAMES!"

The hologram struck a pose that looked very uncomfortable.

"We've got a hell of a lineup for this year's hunger game folks! We've got robots, vampires, ancient species that predate humanity, wizards, and school girls. The whole shebang! I'm sure this year is gonna be one hell of a show, maybe the best we've had in millennia!"

The hologram switched to a different pose that looked even more uncomfortable to perform.

"Now, you viewers at home already know the drill and you contestants probably got the mental message but for the sake of tradition, let me explain what's going on. 14 randos from the multiverse, that's you guys."

The hologram stood up straight to point at the contestants.

"Were gathered here today to kill each other in the most entertaining ways possible. The last one standing gets to be the champ and receives a huge reward at the end. Sounds easy right? Wrong. Because the goal is not only to kill, but to entertain! You, my dear contestants are being watched by some very powerful individuals who will sponsor the contestants they like. They might send goodies, weaponry, a birthday card, etc but they can also send disasters to players they don't like or are being boring so uh, try not to be a boring camper okay? The boys upstairs don't like that kind of behavior."

The hologram then seemed to disappear only to reappear shortly after.

"Oh and before I forget, if you had equipment before you were brought here that's gone now, its probably in the cornucopia under me so if you want it back...good luck. Happy hunger games and may the odds be ever in your favor, now get to killing. Ciao!"

A static noise echoed throughout the arena, a high pitched, squeaky, feminine voice seemingly came from all directions.

"And here's some music to kick off the 8919118415189th annual Sign Oath! You losers better not let us down, or else there will be hell to pay! Oh wait. You are already in hell. Hihihi. Try not to lose horribly out there then. Smell ya later, chumps."

And in place of the female announcer voice, a song from when the Over 9000 memes was still funny began playing.

Group 1 Mountains

@Blackout
@Logos
@Mortifer
@Average Weird
@Nanimani
@Azrael
@Takoe

Group 2 Forest

@God and the Snake
@ElectromagneticRhapsody
@Silvan Eldar
@Estro
@Sinsystems
@Sockpuppet
@Brightflame

@Nathaniel Wolff @Grue @The Grey Mage @ApocalypticFish @reborn214 @Wizard_Marshall @SplicedHunter

Casually slouched on a La-Z-Boy recliner, a man with shockingly white hair and red clothes decorated by crosses spoke to the others in the room, each comfortably seated in their own chair.

"Welcome to the 8919118415189th annual Sign Oath. No relation to the Oath Sign franchise. Congratulations on winning a spot as a sponsor. I wish to remind you all that you are only allowed to sponsor a single competitor, and that once that competitor dies, you will have no further way to influence the game. If you have not already chosen a player to sponsor, I recommend you do so as soon as possible, or you may fall behind. May the odds be ever in your favor.

Let's hope this bunch manages to entertain us before they die. These little competitions have a sad tendency to fall apart halfway through and end on a whimper."
Fugo had experienced an awful lot of things as a 「Stand User」. Mirror worlds, getting attacked on planes and other assorted vehicles, that sort of thing.

But this was definitely a first.

...How did he even get here from a bus, anyway?

But that was besides the point. He was here, and he would be watching fourteen assorted people attempt to kill each other. This wasn't something that he could just stand by and let happen!...however, as the situation currently was...he bet he wouldn't even make it five meters before he was 'dealt with'.

...He looked over the various assorted contestants, before his eyes landed on a young girl in a red skirt. There was a sort of 「power」 there...

After several moments of careful consideration, he made up his mind. He hoped this would work out. If not, then well...

@Logos

Last edited:
I groaned, my head throbbing with a huge migraine. "Stars and stones..." I muttered. "What the hell is going on?" I opened my eyes, the bright light of day piercing into them.

Suddenly, knowledge flowed into my mind - knowlege of where the hell I was, what the hell was going on, and the prize for completing this.

"...Fuck," I muttered. How was I going to get out of this situation.

Then the giant glowing luchadore appeared, and everything went to shit.

I should probably introduce myself: My name is Harry Dresden. Or, more specifically, Harry Blackstone Copperfield Dresden - my true name, that is, and no, it won't work unless you get it right from the horse's mouth - and I'm the world's greatest wizard detective.

Well, not the greatest. A closer word would probably be unluckiest.

As the music began to play, I took a look around for anything that could possibly be mine at the cornucopia - and around myself.

I groaned, my head throbbing with a huge migraine. "Stars and stones..." I muttered. "What the hell is going on?" I opened my eyes, the bright light of day piercing into them.

Suddenly, knowledge flowed into my mind - knowlege of where the hell I was, what the hell was going on, and the prize for completing this.

"...Fuck," I muttered. How was I going to get out of this situation.

Then the giant glowing luchadore appeared, and everything went to shit.

I should probably introduce myself: My name is Harry Dresden. Or, more specifically, Harry Blackstone Copperfield Dresden - my true name, that is, and no, it won't work unless you get it right from the horse's mouth - and I'm the world's greatest wizard detective.

Well, not the greatest. A closer word would probably be unluckiest.

As the music began to play, I took a look around for anything that could possibly be mine at the cornucopia - and around myself.
Testing, testing, 1, 2, 3... can you hear this?

If you can, then I'm your sponsor, and I'll be trying to keep you alive here. If you need something, then just yell for the Fourth Monado.

Also, this is the only time I can do this, so.. good luck!

Mondo looked up to see everyone else staring at him. "What? This is the only time I'm gonna do it."

Mountains

"Oh and before I forget, if you had equipment before you were brought here that's gone now, its probably in the cornucopia under me so if you want it back...good luck. Happy hunger games and may the odds be ever in your favor, now get to killing. Ciao!"
"'I would like to lodge a complaint, desu.' Says Misaka as she eyes up the other competitors, 'I object to the forceful entry to a deathgame, and would like the organizer to know that they have hurt my feelings, desu.' Misaka continues, beginning to sob, desu." So says the young brown-haired girl dressed in a school uniform in a dry monotone. She had raised one of her hands to the corner of her eye, and began to say 'Sob, sob' quietly.

"'Also, you have taken my standard issue Electron (NV) Goggles, desu.' Misaka adds, a hint of outrage entering her voice, 'I demand their safe return, desu. They are not your hostage, desu.'" Contrary to her words, the girl's voice remained devoid of any inflection or emotion, and her expression was a blank, almost vacant stare.

Looking towards the scattered equipment by the cornucopia, Misaka-19252 noticed the aforementioned article- along with her Toy Soldier! Unfortunately, it was unlikely she would be able to reach both before another competitor was on her...

Torn between reclaiming her most prized possession and arming herself adequately, Misaka-19252 eventually reached a decision. At the starting signal, she dashed towards her electromagnetic fieldline detecting night vision goggles, mentally preparing a surprise for anyone who tried to make contact with her. It would likely come as quite a shock to them.

"'Heh, shock, desu.' Mutters Misaka while giggling, desu. Heh heh."

Last edited:
Blinking, Matoi Ryuko looked around.

"Eh?" She blinked. "How'd I get here?"

Below her, Junketsu rumbled.

Ah, the dumb thing had no idea either? What a shock. Still, it's annoyance was something she shared. She'd been on her way to deal with Satsuki and what was left of Nudist Beach, and now she was here?

Bah.

Still, at least the deal wasn't too bad. Kill people? Gladly. It'd get this annoyance out of here system.

Ryuko blinked again, then reached back to confirm.

Yep. No Scissor Blade.

"Hey!" She demanded. "Where's my sword, asshole?"

That sword had a lot of sentimental value! And practical value, too, come to think of it. It was good for killing things, easier to get blood off of than her fists, could change sizes, and was part of a set with Nui's. What wasn't to love?

Bah... Under the cornucopia, was it? That's fine.

As soon as the signal blared, Ryuko leapt, her Life Fiber body letting her leap head and shoudlers abo-

Wait, she wasn't jumping as high as usual.

What the fuck?

Eh, no matter.

"Junketsu Shippu!" She declared, and the Kamui around her shifted, moving into a flight-capable mode. Barrelling for the cornucopia, the woman began keeping a look out for her red Scissor Blade.

I blink at the sudden brightness, resisting the temptation to remove my eyes. I need to be able to see where I am. As my visions clears I note with some measure of relief that only one spike remains—I will be me again—and notice the near-empty Steelmind around my arm—likely enough to get away from wherever I am, but no more than that. And a reason for me not to quickly makes itself evident.

In the middle of a circle of stages stands a golden cornucopia, and surrounding it is every weapon and trinket imaginable and then some. As the last of the spots fades from my vision one thing in particular takes my attention—a plain-looking steel armband. I know what it is instantly. A Steelmind, identical to the one I'm wearing. There's only one question left: should I go for the band, or get away while I can?

As the signal goes off, I make up my mind. The lives of thirteen people is nothing if it will give me a chance to try again. I have done worse and will do worse again.

I draw on my last remaining dregs of speed and take off for the band in a blur.

Ulysses blinked twice as he realized he was no longer in the Mojave. Instead, he was somewhere far away from it, a dense forest with trees and unmutated plants, both of which are practically unheard of in the ruins of Old America. Ulysses scanned the environment, noticing the large variety of figures around him, each more diverse than the next.

Ulysses then noticed something was off. Looking down, he grasped his duster (which he thankfully still had) and noticed that the pockets once filled with ammo and medical supplies were now empty. Rubbing his chin, he noticed his mask was also gone, reaching around his back, he noticed Old Glory was also gone. He had nothing but the clothes on his back and his wits. Great.

Who has done this, why am I here? How did I get here? Ulysses thought to himself. What he last recalled, he was sitting and gazing upon what was the Divide, a prosperous region now turned to a wasteland of a wasteland. What has happened?

His piece said, he snapped his fingers, and small screens appeared all around the group, each showing different areas. A massive forest, so thickly covered that light barely reached the ground. Mountains, craggily faced, with high, snow covered peaks. A harsh desert, dotted in a smattering of tiny water holes. A nearly endless stretch of plains, tall grasses obscuring the floor.

The screens paid particular attention to the first two areas, zooming in to show a small pile of seemingly random items at both locations, everything from a sword, to an old American flag, to fresh fruit. Around each of these cornucopias of random loot, stood seven stages, each the exact same distance from the prize.

Even as they watched, each stage was filled by a person. The participants varied greatly, featuring both what could only be teenagers, as well as grizzled elders that appeared to be seasoned warriors. All 14 competitors appeared at the same time, with an equal amount of warning. They found within their minds an instinctive knowledge of how their own abilities had been sealed, the reason they had been transported here, and what the prize at the end was.

However before they could get to killing each other, a large hologram appeared over the cornucopias. The hologram resembled a tall figure with the face of a luchadore mask. Suddenly a loud booming voice erupted from the hologram, a voice that all the contestants could hear.

"LLLLLAAAAAAAAAADDDIIIIIES AND GENTLEMEN! WELCOME TO OUR 8919118415189th HUNGER GAMES!"

"We've got a hell of a lineup for this year's hunger game folks! We've got robots, vampires, ancient species that predate humanity, wizards, and school girls. The whole shebang! I'm sure this year is gonna be one hell of a show, maybe the best we've had in millennia!"

The hologram switched to a different pose that looked even more uncomfortable to perform.

"Now, you viewers at home already know the drill and you contestants probably got the mental message but for the sake of tradition, let me explain what's going on. 14 randos from the multiverse, that's you guys."

"Were gathered here today to kill each other in the most entertaining ways possible. The last one standing gets to be the champ and receives a huge reward at the end. Sounds easy right? Wrong. Because the goal is not only to kill, but to entertain! You, my dear contestants are being watched by some very powerful individuals who will sponsor the contestants they like. They might send goodies, weaponry, a birthday card, etc but they can also send disasters to players they don't like or are being boring so uh, try not to be a boring camper okay? The boys upstairs don't like that kind of behavior."

A static noise echoed throughout the arena, a high pitched, squeaky, feminine voice seemingly came from all directions.

"And here's some music to kick off the 8919118415189th annual Sign Oath! You losers better not let us down, or else there will be hell to pay! Oh wait. You are already in hell. Hihihi. Try not to lose horribly out there then. Smell ya later, chumps."

Well that answered that question.

Ulysses scowled at this. So he was to be a gladiator in this arena, like those pits in the Legion Camps where they throw POWs so they may fight to the death. Looks like he didn't had a choice.

Ulysses looked at what he assumed was the cornucopia, perhaps Old Glory was in there. Cautious, Ulysses pay attention to the other candidates, waiting to see who moves first. After the first person moved, Ulysses made a sprint for the cornucopia.

Last edited:
scratch scratch scratch

The grey haired man clawed at his neck as the announcer spoke, jagged fingernails ripping through dead skin, then live flesh. From his expression, however, he hardly seemed to notice his own mania, so intent was his focus on those around him.

A side quest. With, the memories that were his but weren't told him, a nice drop at the end.

He almost became caught up in fantasizing about what he'd do with that wish, how he'd free Se- no. He crushed those thoughts quickly. He couldn't lose perspective on the situation at hand. That had been something he'd learned the hard way.

scratch scratch squelch

Blood trickled around the man's fingers as his talon-like nails finally broke their way into his dermis, but he paid it no mind. So, whatever was running this brawl enjoyed a good show, then?

Well.

The fingers in his free hand uncoiled reflexively.

That he could provide.

And as soon as the projection disappeared, he moved.

Everyone would concern themselves with the bait at the center of the arena - all their tools and whatever instruments of amusement their hosts could come up with would be there.

But he had no tools. And he could claim those other trophies after walking over the corpses of his foes.

There was no real rhythm to who he chose as his first target.

Ulysses looked at what he assumed was the cornucopia, perhaps Old Glory was in there. Cautious, Ulysses pay attention to the other candidates, waiting to see who moves first.

He just went after the first person he saw glance at the cornucopia. That momentary division of attention.

It would be all he needed.

New game.

He blurred across the grass as fast has his feet could carry him, hands grasping outwards.

All that mattered to the wild eyed man was the kill.

Last edited:
He just went after the first person he saw glance at the cornucopia. That momentary division of attention.

It would be all he needed.

He blurred across the grass as fast has his feet could carry him, hands grasping outwards.

All that mattered to the wild eyed man was the kill.

Ulysses then noticed at the corner of his eye, a man already charging at him. Quickly, he turned to face the man, putting his arms infront of his face, ducked ever so slightly, and launched a kick into the man's kneecap.

I blinked and looked around. This was not where I remember being a few minutes ago. It certainly wasn't cold enough to be the Antarctic, but then again, it was certainly an improvement. Wait, what did he say? So I'm apparently managing things for a random person. I looked at the contestants, and chose one.
@Average Weird

Ulysses then noticed at the corner of his eye, a man already charging at him. Quickly, he turned to face the man, putting his arms infront of his face, ducked ever so slightly, and launched a kick into the man's kneecap.

The man's grin only widened: With his left hand, he moved to block the kick. His free hand, palm vertical, went beneath Ulysses guard, rocketing towards his sternum.

Mountain

Flandre Scarlet was confused by the situation. One moment, she had been entering the library. With the next step, she was on a platform, in the mountains, listening to the announcement that she and thirteen others had been entered into a death game. The music wasn't bad, she admitted, but everything else... .

She'd like to be back home now. She didn't want to kill anyone. She didn't want to be stuck here, performing for people's amusement. She didn't particularly want to be standing out her in the sun. She didn't want any part of this. And yet, here she was.

And to make a bad day worse, they'd even taken her Laevateinn. Sis had given that to her; she'd be taking it back. And so, as soon as the barriers fell, she was off at a sprint for the center, where she could feel her precious gift resting, taking flying jumps to bypass obstacles.

Last edited:
It was a rare moment that Harime Nui's visage was marred by a frown, this was one of those moments. After all, how else was she supposed to react to getting kidnapped by aliens with such horrid styles of clothing. Sure, there was always the possibility it was just an image generated to be more personable to the apes her hosts had gathered here, but that didn't change how disgustingly plebeian the holograms apparel was. If the creature had any sense, it's take those sorry excuses for clothing and burn them all to ash.

But while the Grand Courtier could spend days mentally examining just how terrible her hosts's fashion sense was, she didn't really have time for that. Given what the voices that'd been in her head a minute ago said, she wasn't going to be at her best here.

So she'd have to be cautious, but at least whoever she had to kill might actually be cute!
And in place of the female announcer voice, a song from when the Over 9000 memes was still funny began playing.
Absently taking in the sight of some crazy older guy trying to strangle a mummy-cosplayer, Nui began skipping off towards the cornucopia.

Once the Scissor Blade was back in her hands she'd be able to cut her way our of here and back home...and if a nice pair got to stick together, that'd just be great!

Forest
Ana's one good eye narrowed at the announcement, the former Overwatch agent and Old Soldier didn't like this. To be somehow kidnapped and forces to take part in a death game seemed like something out of a bad teen fiction novel.

Still she had more pressing matters to worry about, namely the retrieval of her gear. She didn't know how powerful the other's were but something in the back of the old woman's mind told her that she wouldn't stand a change against most of them in a straight fight, she needed her gear.

Her eye rapidly sweeping over this cornucopia years of training allowing her to quickly locate her target. There on the edge of the cornucopia she saw it, a simple looking bag with the eye of Horus sown on the side. She knew it well, she'd sown that mark on it herself and she knew everything the was within it.

Her Rifle, her grenades....the picture of her daughter..

She hesitated once and Ana would not do so again, the Old soldier broke out into a sprint. Her old legs carrying her to her weapon.

Group 1 Mountains

@Blackout
@Logos
@Mortifer
@Average Weird
@Nanimani
@Azrael
@Takoe

Group 2 Forest

@God and the Snake
@ElectromagneticRhapsody
@Silvan Eldar
@Estro
@Sinsystems
@Sockpuppet
@Brightflame

Forest.

What? I've been kidnapped and now have to kill people to get out of here? Damn. I'm sure Creed is to blame, somehow.

Kyoko looked around the clearing. Well, she knew no one here. And she hadn't got anything to collect...
Forest
Ana's one good eye narrowed at the announcement, the former Overwatch agent and Old Soldier didn't like this. To be somehow kidnapped and forces to take part in a death game seemed like something out of a bad teen fiction novel.

Still she had more pressing matters to worry about, namely the retrieval of her gear. She didn't know how powerful the other's were but something in the back of the old woman's mind told her that she wouldn't stand a change against most of them in a straight fight, she needed her gear.

Her eye rapidly sweeping over this cornucopia years of training allowing her to quickly locate her target. There on the edge of the cornucopia she saw it, a simple looking bag with the eye of Horus sown on the side. She knew it well, she'd sown that mark on it herself and she knew everything the was within it.

Her Rifle, her grenades....the picture of her daughter..

She hesitated once and Ana would not do so again, the Old soldier broke out into a sprint. Her old legs carrying her to her weapon.
One woman started running towards the collection of items in the middle. You first then!

Raising her hand to her mouth, she exhaled, the school girl shooting a person sized fireball as she did so.

Forest.

What? I've been kidnapped and now have to kill people to get out of here? Damn. I'm sure Creed is to blame, somehow.

Kyoko looked around the clearing. Well, she knew no one here. And she hadn't got anything to collect...

One woman started running towards the collection of items in the middle. You first then!

Raising her hand to her mouth, she exhaled, the school girl shooting a person sized fireball as she did so.
Ana's instincts flared at the incoming ball of flame, if she took a direct hit she would be reduced to a charred corpse. Now most would have attempted to dodge backwards but Ana knew better, the maneuver would only take a moment but to preform it she'd have to halt her momentum which would be a death sentence in this situation.

So the woman instead dove forward, her legs giving her just enough momentum to clear the blast radius of the ball of flames...barely since the tail of her coat got a bit scorched. The old woman rolled across the ground, her hand snatching a loose stone in the process, and got back to her feet in a single fluid, practiced motion with feet still moving, still running.

Almost as an afterthought she threw the stone at her assailant, it wouldn't do much but hopefully it will distract the girl long enough for Ana to reach her real weapons.

Ana's instincts flared at the incoming ball of flame, if she took a direct hit she would be reduced to a charred corpse. Now most would have attempted to dodge backwards but Ana knew better, the maneuver would only take a moment but to preform it she'd have to halt her momentum which would be a death sentence in this situation.

So the woman instead dove forward, her legs giving her just enough momentum to clear the blast radius of the ball of flames...barely since the tail of her coat got a bit scorched. The old woman rolled across the ground, her hand snatching a loose stone in the process, and got back to her feet in a single fluid, practiced motion with feet still moving, still running.

Almost as an afterthought she threw the stone at her assailant, it wouldn't do much but hopefully it will distract the girl long enough for Ana to reach her real weapons.
Kyoko caught the stone in one hand, wincing a bit at the sting. Balling her hand around it, she poured her Heat into it, until it was glowing white hot. With the hand holding the stone, she threw another smaller fireball at her opponent, this one moving much faster and with the rock forming a lethal core.

With her other hand she generated a coating of fire over her body, just incase that girl did try to shoot her.

Lalli was confused.

This was not unusual.

Being brought into an unknown land, having strange-looking people yell at him... well, that wasn't too unsual either.

Having foreign memories showed into his head, now that wasn't something you saw everyday. Still... there was no doubt that the hand of the Gods was in on this. If he accepted that, he could accept this.

And if he could reverse the Rash...?

Well, there were lesser goals that men had killed and died for.

Shoving the hood further down his head Lalli waited for the announcer to finish, bright blue eyes surveying his opposition. There was a sense of nakedness to stand there in bright light, without his pystykorva at that, but he would make do. As the 'briefing' began reaching it's conclusion, he started murmuring in a low voice:

"Kuullo Tuoni, Kuollon emäntä,
varjoa katseelta ilkeältä,
suojaa silmiltä utelevilta
piilota korvilta etsiviltä."

As the announcer faded and the music began playing, the Noita began to fade from view. Not invisibility, but just a way to make yourself a bit less easily noticed and slightly harder to hear. Where some of the others began jumping around and running like headless chickens for the weird horn thingy, he fell into his natural element of 'hiding in plain sight' and began stalking towards his own stuff, eyes sweeping for his rifle.

The man's grin only widened: With his left hand, he moved to block the kick. His free hand, palm vertical, went beneath Ulysses guard, rocketing towards his sternum.

Ulysses went in to block the attack by grabbing the man's attacking hand by the wrist with his own left hand. and throwing his right to punch the guy in the face.

Last edited:
IN THE MOUNTAINS

Of all the people present at the mountaintop cornucopia, there was no question as to who was the most menacing. Sure, the wild, bloodthirsty look in the fashionably clothed teen girl's eyes was enough to make most men back down immediately. But it is hard to be more frightful than a two and a half meter tall man clad in nothing but a black loin cloth and cloack and whose musclebound body gave off the impression that he could snap you in half with his pinkie and his face told you that he absolutely would. Because even if he wasn't bothered by cold in the slightest, his abs were too hardcore to allow being aethetically ruined by shivering, having your clothes stolen by a bunch of omnipotent jerks and consequently being tossed into a death game and forced to listen to shitty music for their amusment is a great way to ruin one's mood.

Once the go signal had been given The Man in Black rushed towards the cornucopia, determined to reclaim his armour as soon as possible. Usually he would have taken a moment to observe his competition and ascertain their powers, but the fact that his powers had been brought down to a certain point, something that was keenly felt as he ran, and that each contestant was theoretically capable of winning told him enough. No one would be taken lightly. That said, this environment and the hasty nature of his magical powers provided him with some excellent allround useful responses to the inevitable assailants he'd face while searching for his magnificent suit of armour.

Mountains

Bleeder reached the Steelmind, staggering to a stop as the one around her arm ran out of charge. Damn, but that was close. She smiled in satisfaction as she noted the one she picked up was chock-full of stored speed—speed she could draw on. Her little gamble had payed off. Reaching down, she scooped up a handful of items: a small metal tin she presumed was full of some sort of food, an odd pair of glasses with darkened lenses and a knife with a blade slightly longer than her hand.

Nothing of sentimental value or even anything remarkably useful, but she would take what she could get. Standing, she looked around the golden horn at the incoming contestants, hoping to scope out the compe—wait, someone had made it to the pile at the same time as her? That white-clad figure was definitely someone to look out for—tition, her glance skimming over an incoming girl before continuing outwards to get a better second glance at the surrounding area.

She stood in what seemed to be the center of a craggy and snowy range of mountains, oh so unlike the Roughs that she had once dared to call home. Before Bloody Tam. Before Lessie—no, she was supposed to die, so that he would go back to the city. She unclenched her fists—when had that happened?—and thought on what to do. She had a Steelmind, and a damn near full one that that. She had a knife, and while she could have hoped for a better weapon, it would would suffice for now. She didn't need to stay here any longer.

But. Every competitor—no, obstacle—brought down here would bring her one step closer to freeing the city—freeing everyone from that failure of a god. And while she wasn't certain of her ability to take down every other person here, there was a certain strength in numbers—her time in the Roughs with him had taught her that. Besides, if they wound up dragging her down, it would be easy to abandon them. She hoped.

Flee, kill, team? Kill, flee, team? Team, kill, flee?

She made up her mind. While here may not be the best place to come to an agreement, that could wait—a simple understanding of "kill other people, not each other" should be possible. Anyone here was likely here for a reason, so the nobody should be underestimated—but Bleeder wanted to be sure that any alliance she joined was one she could escape from, if need be, and anyone who could keep up with her when she was drawing on steel was too risky to consider. It would have to be someone other than that white-clad girl who had arrived at the same time as her.

Bleeder began running back towards the stage she had come from—a normal run this time, not a Steelrun. She would hang back and see what her prospects were once the proverbial—and potentially literal—bloodbath died down.

Mountains
Bastion beeped to signal its sadness that it had lost its beloved submachine gun and ammo for its sentry gun and giant shells for its tank configuration. When it heard from the voice that they were under what it called a "cornucopia", Bastion booped in a more happy tone and began walking towards it, mapping its surroundings as it went by and marking its destination into its UI. As it was walking happily by, admiring the good old nature around it, it saw a few other people rushing down towards the cornucopia in very unhealthy haste. Bastion was worried about these flesh bags since he knew by experience that they could get all tired out so fast.

Bastion waved its mobile welding appendage at everyone, beeping and booping out a good old human style greeting. Hopefully everyone would get along just fine and dandy.

Mountains

In another space stood a man that, though shorter, was every bit as ripped as the Man in Black, a fact made apparent by the fact that he wore even less. This state of undress, however, didn't seem to bother him in the slightest as he evaluated the other competitors coolly, before leaning back from the waist to an almost horizontal degree to look up at the sun above. It was, then, as he already knew. He didn't want to be only almost horizontal, but his backbone refused to bend any further. An odd feeling, for sure. Was this what being human was like?

He was alive again, but in return, he had lost the strength of his body in an effort to provide competitive balance. Perhaps it wasn't worth it. His death was one he could be proud of, while being put down while this weak wasn't. However, it would be more shameful still to waste his new chance at life. As the signal was raised, and the combatants rushed off of their starting areas, the man turned and walked away. He would wait for nightfall to begin before he joined them. He needed nothing from the center, and despite looking like dumb muscle, he was by no means an idiot. And if anyone tried to stop him, thinking the man who avoided this fight was an easy target?

Pipes of bone formed, buried just under his skin. Even with his strength diminished, he had all his fighting experience from 12,000 years of life. Whammu would not fall to an opportunistic vulture.

Back