Voting is open
Just to quickly note, if you want to spend XP on this you need to do so as a subvote. Otherwise it'll take a day.
Is it always one XP to boost an action unless stated otherwise?

Also just to be sure, we pick a development option and then one other action that can be like the one suggested in the investigation/exploration sections?

Hmm random question but can we use our weapon creation ability to make an arrow quiver? Cause if so that might be a good way of storing water in case we want to explore away from the river and lake

Is it always one XP to boost an action unless stated otherwise?
Yes.
Also just to be sure, we pick a development option and then one other action that can be like the one suggested in the investigation/exploration sections?
You could pick two actions, but either of the development options would incur a guaranteed interrupt after it's done, so there's not much point right now. They're both just things Mato can do; it doesn't run in the background, or similar.
Hmm random question but can we use our weapon creation ability to make an arrow quiver? Cause if so that might be a good way of storing water in case we want to explore away from the river and lake
At the moment that ability is offline. Even if it weren't, you'd have a hard time convincing yourself that that's a weapon.

At the moment that ability is offline. Even if it weren't, you'd have a hard time convincing yourself that that's a weapon.
Fair but you have to ask for these kind of munchkin stuff cause they can really cool if they work. Though this does imply that we can make frying pans cause video games have taught me and likely Mako as well that they're potent and powerful tools of combat :\/

Fair but you have to ask for these kind of munchkin stuff cause they can really cool if they work. Though this does imply that we can make frying pans cause video games have taught me and likely Mako as well that they're potent and powerful tools of combat :\/
Well we might get something if we poke the first Development action. Not sure we want to burn the XP right now for the action that would otherwise take an entire day.

[X] Before you can understand the world, you need to understand yourself. You're here in Rock's body. How? You have a star, apparently. Why? And while you can't seem to achieve the feats of strength your sister managed, you are at least half as durable as her. Did you inherit any of Rock's other traits?
- Primary skills: Psionics, Intelligence
- Time: 1 standard action
-[X] use XP

I feel like getting our basic BRS abilities online is important asap. Cause while so far we've only run into giant monsters that are probably Territorial Rotbart tier of higher than our level there's probably some smaller demons around that will be much harder to hide from but also much easier to kill provided we can make weapons.

Unlocking weapon creation also will help in other actions like fishing or exploring the woods for sticks to make a fire to cook said fish.

Just feels like a good first move assuming I'm right and this unlocks our Telumkinesis

[X] Before you can understand the world, you need to understand yourself. You're here in Rock's body. How? You have a star, apparently. Why? And while you can't seem to achieve the feats of strength your sister managed, you are at least half as durable as her. Did you inherit any of Rock's other traits?
-[X] use XP
Burning XP reduces the time to one standard action, but that's how long this would take regardless. Your subvote is invalid. :whistle:

For the sake of putting a number on it, that's somewhere around 1-2 hours. It'll be a bit variable; the main point is you can do multiple of them in a day. I'll start adding a calendar with the next update.

Last edited:
Burning XP reduces the time to one standard action, but that's how long this would take regardless. Your subvote is invalid. :whistle:

For the sake of putting a number on it, that's somewhere around 1-2 hours. It'll be a bit variable; the main point is you can do multiple of them in a day. I'll start adding a calendar with the next update.
Oh I thought by the explanation given that it would take a week to do the action since it says "Without it (XP), this requires downtime. In general this means a minimum of one week, but the number will increase over time, whereas XP-based training always takes one day or less." I guess this is one of the 'rare' moments where the actions are so short even without xp which confused me.

Well the logic for the action still applies even without the XP

They're rare. They're just bunched up front, because you're looking at low-hanging fruit. I should have been clearer, but yes, the timespans listed are for xp-less work.

I guess the XP should be considered when we start seeing developments that actually take a week then, which is probably soonish.

Not gonna lie, this feels... A little directionless all of a sudden. Like... I assume we're supposed to be trying to resolve whatever this apocalypse is, but... Instead we're playing supernatural minecraft all of a sudden?

Like... I assume we're supposed to be trying to resolve whatever this apocalypse is,
Mato doesn't seem to really know WTF happened before she ended up wherever she is now. As has been shown her memories etc are kind of Swiss cheesed. Presumably things are going to be split between surviving in this place while at the same time trying to piece together what happened.

Pretty much that. You're not going to be playing Minecraft, but you will have to split your time between survival and investigation.

Not to worry; I don't expect you to remain rudderless for… honestly, any amount of time at all.

Understanding why Mato swapped bodies with Rock and what caused her memories to become swiss cheese seems important.

So since it seems like everyone is voting with me on the BRS power vote does anyone have any plans for our next actions?

Personally if we unlock our powers/weapons I want to explore the forest to see if it's safe and if not potentially make it safe through the power of violence. This would give us access to wood and sticks which would greatly help survival since this would allow us to attempt making shelter or fire to cook food. (We should probably be really careful about setting a fire since we might attract attention both good and bad via the smoke)

Speaking of food after the forest my next choice of action would be to go to the lake and attempt spear fishing for some food to cross off that part of the hierarchy of needs and then start thinking about the long term beyond immediate survival.

Though there's also the possibility of our next step being the other development action about our memories and other potential actions we unlock after this first one and I can't really fault that. Just personally I would rather get our survival needs under control rather than exploring our powers but that's just me.

Definitely forest afterwards, but i'd go with with shelter before lake.

Last edited:
Voting is open
Back