I too beseech you to leave us an outline for what ever plans you had in mind?

I wish you luck in your next projects.

Alright, it's official. I quit.

I stalled out on this story because I tried to read Worm for it. In my hubris, I says to myself, I says, "if you managed to read the collected works of Charles fucking Dickens for school, there is no amount of inane drivel you cannot force yourself to read."

Oh boy, was I wrong.

I love so much shit this world has in it. I love Tattletale and her smug psychic act. I love Amy, the biokinetic healer who takes more shit than anyone should ever have to and still keeps fucking trying long after it breaks her. I love the people who all try to do something right, something half decent, to keep the world spinning even though it's all gone to shit.

I love the unrepentant villains who all lash out at a world that's always hated them like Jean Valjean had never met a bishop. I love the people who work for their own self interest because they have as little love for costumed villainy as they do for heroics. I love people taking the hand they're dealt and playing to win, even if they're holding nothing but a five of spades and a seven of diamonds.

But God.

Fucking.

Dammit.

I just can't fucking read this shit.

Taylor seems like everyone's darling in the fandom but all I see is someone who is goddamn allergic to sense, and it drives me up the goddamn wall.

Everything is bad on a level of grimderp that honest to God makes Warhammer look chipper.

And don't get me started on how hard it is to deal with the goddamn Warrior in a storytelling context. It's the original Space Flea From Nowhere and it doesn't even make internal sense because, guess what, it's goddamn insane!

Not too mention the sheer ridiculousness of the apocalypse kicking off because someone asks it if it's ever considered murder as a hobby.

To top it all off, I just can't look at Wildbow's writing. At this point it's actually a physical aversion. I'll pull the Parahumans site up and go to my last chapter and I just

Can't.

See.

The words.

They're just not there. I can't look at them because my mind refuses to read another word about this stupid story that I really desperately want to love but can't force myself to. I don't have the words to explain precisely what they make me feel, just a suspicion that, were I and Wildbow to touch each other, we would annihilate in an explosion which might be the final push the US needs to send Florida out to sea for good.

So yeah.

This one is officially Abandoned.
Good fanfiction stems from an original story that is almost, but not quite good. Maybe better said, from a story that has all but one of the pieces to be great, but lacks that one thing.

With Wildbow, it is his misanthropy. It destroys what he's trying to build even as he attempts to patch over the cracks. He does not understand most people, and it shows.

His creation of The Plotcancer (aka Contessa) stems back to that. The fact that the only decent human being in the story isn't (human) stems back to that. The fact that Wildbow can not into the US where he set his bloody story leads back to that. (Worm as written would work better set in Europe somewhere.)

Worm is an excellent idea, knifed to death in the cradle by its own creator. If you ever try to write in the universe in the future: throw canon out the window, borrow the characters you like, and write the story you want to tell without worrying about what Wildbow did or said.

Alright, it's official. I quit.

I stalled out on this story because I tried to read Worm for it. In my hubris, I says to myself, I says, "if you managed to read the collected works of Charles fucking Dickens for school, there is no amount of inane drivel you cannot force yourself to read."

Oh boy, was I wrong.

I love so much shit this world has in it. I love Tattletale and her smug psychic act. I love Amy, the biokinetic healer who takes more shit than anyone should ever have to and still keeps fucking trying long after it breaks her. I love the people who all try to do something right, something half decent, to keep the world spinning even though it's all gone to shit.

I love the unrepentant villains who all lash out at a world that's always hated them like Jean Valjean had never met a bishop. I love the people who work for their own self interest because they have as little love for costumed villainy as they do for heroics. I love people taking the hand they're dealt and playing to win, even if they're holding nothing but a five of spades and a seven of diamonds.

But God.

Fucking.

Dammit.

I just can't fucking read this shit.

Taylor seems like everyone's darling in the fandom but all I see is someone who is goddamn allergic to sense, and it drives me up the goddamn wall.

Everything is bad on a level of grimderp that honest to God makes Warhammer look chipper.

And don't get me started on how hard it is to deal with the goddamn Warrior in a storytelling context. It's the original Space Flea From Nowhere and it doesn't even make internal sense because, guess what, it's goddamn insane!

Not too mention the sheer ridiculousness of the apocalypse kicking off because someone asks it if it's ever considered murder as a hobby.

To top it all off, I just can't look at Wildbow's writing. At this point it's actually a physical aversion. I'll pull the Parahumans site up and go to my last chapter and I just

Can't.

See.

The words.

They're just not there. I can't look at them because my mind refuses to read another word about this stupid story that I really desperately want to love but can't force myself to. I don't have the words to explain precisely what they make me feel, just a suspicion that, were I and Wildbow to touch each other, we would annihilate in an explosion which might be the final push the US needs to send Florida out to sea for good.

So yeah.

This one is officially Abandoned.
I also have an interest in reading the original Worm story after I manage to find out about Worm in fanfiction and after that I tried to read Worm and it's like some people said in the thread it's so much grimderp in that story that I cannot even read it pass through The Gestation Arc. I want to make a SI story but didn't have the confidence because my own grammar is still bad, my knowledge about Wormverse is still lacking, and I still need more research to finally make my own story be decent enough but I cannot even read it pass the first arc because like you said the protagonist is someone who is allergic to common sense also in every Wormverse there is always the same problem the shitty authorities and The Big Bad C who somehow trying to act like last batalion to humanity but somehow make an idiot of themselves in the process(the last one is my opinion in some story that explained Cauldron idiocy).

Last edited:
Fanfiction can exist for the source material of a perfectly executed story, but it truly thrives when based on a flawed but amazing story. This shows in that the best fanfics I have ever read are about: Naruto, Worm, Harry Potter or Ranma1/2.

Here is why she makes so many mistakes one she is living in a pore not pore scenario poor die her father is a shipyard doc worker her mother died she and her father blames themselves she goes to a gang infested poorly funded corrupt school her only friend betrayed and betray's her along with her tormentors everyone in authority is sweeping it all under the carpet the cops are lazy and corrupt she's isolated alone and can't trust others and she like twelve fifteen ish awkward unsolized she has severely poor self image and the only reason she doesn't comment suicide is her stubbornness is barely stronger.

Here is why she makes so many mistakes one she is living in a pore not pore scenario poor die her father is a shipyard doc worker her mother died she and her father blames themselves she goes to a gang infested poorly funded corrupt school her only friend betrayed and betray's her along with her tormentors everyone in authority is sweeping it all under the carpet the cops are lazy and corrupt she's isolated alone and can't trust others and she like twelve fifteen ish awkward unsolized she has severely poor self image and the only reason she doesn't comment suicide is her stubbornness is barely stronger.
... was that all one sentence? The grammar makes your post very difficult to parse. I think I partly or mostly get what's being said (a summary of Taylor's situation as it affects her mental state), but does anyone want to translate it?

it's literally been 4 years since any1 posted here like the fuck do I report for necro? is that a thing here? how do i do so? do I wanna be that 1 guy? I ma say nah sum1 else will deal wit it

Taller she has a poor home life blames herself for her mother's death school is a negative modifier due to corrupt teachers and principal sweeping everything under the rug so her self image is so low it's below bedrock her self esteem is even lower due to those factors add in her only friend betraying her and helping the bully's and the pranks being mental torcher most of the time on top of that her dad is ghosting her because his wife was the light of his life and father like daughter he blames herself for her death this compacts taller's mental struggles making it hard to trust anyone i.e. she can only trust others as much as she can trust herself which is less then non and this is not a recent thing it's Bene going on for years so this state is not a pach it a systemic far reaching core part of her psyche i.e. she's mentally stuck in a maze that is also a twisted mirror that is also a eco chamber and it's constantly growing and shifting. Taller's age at the star of this is ten and ends at fifteen on top of that teenager's get a negative emotion and puppy love modifier that amps up everything they are experiencing 🤔😓😕

Back