Salted Sands (A Caves of Qud-Inspired Cultivation Quest)

I'll do guard duty then
Eater threw 1 100-faced dice. Reason: 1d100 guard duty Total: 36
36 36

Ooh I can do it.

Edit: Decent roll. But not confident enough with the dice roller to roll the explosionz
Grytorm threw 6 100-faced dice. Reason: Combat Total: 414
24 24 69 69 81 81 67 67 81 81 92 92

Last edited:
Ooh I can do it.

Edit: Decent roll. But not confident enough with the dice roller to roll the explosionz

Great roll.

I asked in discord how IF wants the remainder rolled, be it one by one, all at once, or them doing it. But they didn't answer so, I'm just gonna roll the 4 explosion dice just in case.

If you want them one by one IF, just accept the first die (or the biggest ;) )

Edit: if this full roll is accepted, that's 3 successes (totalling 7) with 3 more explosion dice with a +46
KittyEmpress threw 4 100-faced dice. Reason: +52 Total: 294
81 81 18 18 96 96 99 99

Last edited:
Assuming those were all counted in order, that'd be a 433 on the first of the four, a 351 on the second, a 347 on the third, and a 346 on the fourth, making for 5 successes total, and +246 on the next roll, meaning at least 7 successes and likely 8 or more.

That's assuming those are used at all, of course.

I, personally, find it a tad bit difficult to read the dice in explosion when they're all lined up like that. My brain just finds vertical orientations better for that sort of thing

So it works as long as someone else can count them for me lmao

Why are the dice deciding we're combat gods? It's wild that this is like the third time this has happened.

Why are the dice deciding we're combat gods? It's wild that this is like the third time this has happened.
Exploding dice, baybee

On a somewhat related note, I've recently been reading the rational naruto quest thing, right, and I've gotta say that some of the mechanics they use there are pretty tempting to swap over to. Very little would actually change, which is why I'm even considering it

Like, the biggest difference is the removal of exploding dice and the fact that contests are the standard for difficulty rather than a flat success DC

Last edited:
I, personally, find it a tad bit difficult to read the dice in explosion when they're all lined up like that. My brain just finds vertical orientations better for that sort of thing

So it works as long as someone else can count them for me lmao

I mean, it's the same type of roll as the base roll basically. 6d100 +38 -> 452. 400 is 4 explosions. 52 left over.

So roll 4 explosions. 4d100 + 52 -> 346. 3 explosions, 46 left over.

Theoretically the next roll would be 3d100 +46.

I personally find it more readable than having it spread across many, many rolls.

Edit: for those keeping tabs at home, we have 7 successes currently, with 3d100+46 waiting to be rolled. We are likely to hit 8 successes.

Last edited:
That's 340, then 274, then 239...we're at 8 successes and another roll at +139.
I'm so confused on the way you do the math, DMW. Can you please walk me through it?

Edit: to explain, my brain just adds them together to 239, and drops the 2 into 2 successes, and thus 2 dice. Putting us at 9 successes with another roll of 2d100+39

Last edited:
I'm so confused on the way you do the math, DMW. Can you please walk me through it?

Edit: to explain, my brain just adds them together to 239, and drops the 2 into 2 successes, and thus 2 dice. Putting us at 9 successes with another roll of 2d100+39
Subtract a 100 from the result and that's how much is added to the next roll.

Will this be the final roll?

Edit: Survey says, yes! That's 10 successes with an 88 finisher.
mythfan12 threw 1 100-faced dice. Total: 85
85 85

Back