[X]A text based adventure game
[X]A Xianxia Monster POV quest

I feel you.
Edit: I'll elaborate in a moment, I just have a post now button on my keyboard.

Microcontrolling combat in a quest can work well, but it would be easier to concentrate on things that are a little bit easier to vote for.
As an example, to make the combat more quest friendly, you could split the summoning spell into different summons, like small, large and medium and then have the players vote for the favoured summon.
If wolf is chosen, then the character in the quest will automatically choose to summon that medium summon.
Same for a favoured attack spell and then have the players vote for a general combat tactic.
Like always keeping 5 mana for attack spells, 9 for summons, keeping the rest in reserve.
Then write in how to annoy Arland :stickouttongue2:
Smug support wizard with a teacup in hand while the paladin fights at the front was a very fun character.

As is, this quest felt a little bit too crunchy, with not enough known choices for the players.
Write ins are usually the exception, although I wish they weren't.
As such, there weren't enough options for the players to latch on and control the main character.
I feel like a more CK2 system could have worked better with a more character driven narration.

Also, don't beat yourself up for your wrting style, it's pretty good.

Last edited:
Back