Reborn on the Moonless Seas

I mean, the carrier is a civvy and her crew is utterly green. This isn't a team that is well adjusted to each other or that has flown together a lot. What we need right now is someone who can bark sensible orders at them with military discipline.

Also @Miho Chan do we get the speed for the recon planes of Lupa and Suzaku, because I assume they are different. Depending on the answer, my suggestion would make more or less sense.
Saiuns are worlds faster than the floatplanes. I would not recommend sticking them together.

[x] Plan Gotta Start Somewhere

[x] Plan Protect the squishes.
-[x]Luca launches her scouts
-[x] Suzaku in the middle of the convoy, as if she needs to use her deck guns, we're in a very bad situation.
-[x] DDs on the flanks.
-[x] Luca up in the front of the convoy, but still somewhat in formation, not leading.
-[x] Order Samidare to radiate and do radar sweeps
-[x] Protect Convoy over yourselves
-[x] find out the last reported location/bearing/direction of the Abyssals.
-[x] Suzaku launches CAP. I'd rather have them ready and in the air while she's not worried about incoming shells.

[X] Plan Protect the squishes.

Last edited:
Lets add a tally.
Adhoc vote count started by Ttw1 on Feb 10, 2021 at 3:44 PM, finished with 18 posts and 11 votes.

• [x] Plan Gotta Start Somewhere
    -[x] Diamond Formation
    --[x] Convoy, Carrier, Battleship in center
    -[x]Launch Scouts?
    --[x]Both Launch Scouts
    -[x] Suzaku in the middle of the convoy, as if she needs to use her deck guns, we're in a very bad situation.
    -[x] DDs on the flanks.
    -[x] Luca up in the front of the convoy, but still somewhat in formation, not leading.
    -[x] Suzaku launches CAP. I'd rather have them ready and in the air while she's not worried about incoming shells.

Vote closed
Scheduled vote count started by Miho Chan on Feb 9, 2021 at 2:43 PM, finished with 14 posts and 9 votes.

• [x] Plan Protect the squishes.
    -[x] DDs on the flanks.
    [x] Plan Gotta Start Somewhere

First Fight Prelude
-[x] DDs on the flanks.
-[x] Suzaku launches CAP. I'd rather have them ready and in the air, while she's not worried about incoming shells.

You bark out orders rapidly, quickly taking charge of your little group of ships, creating a somewhat non-standard diamond formation, with Samidare radiating around d the group to perform radar sweeps every so often, the destroyer more than happy to be helpful. Meanwhile, Suzaku had finally managed to get her CAP in the air, her lack of training meaning it had taken her twice as long as it should have to accomplish.

You also take point, determined to ensure that any enemy approaching from the front would have to go through you first. Meanwhile, the convoy had provided you with the last known location of the abyssals, something you immediately took advantage of by sending a few of your floatplanes to check out.

It's smooth sailing for a while, then your scouts report that the enemy has been found and that they're advancing on your position. At least two battleships, a good five cruisers, and at least ten destroyers are steaming towards you at flank, fully intent on catching up with and exterminating you and yours.

"Lupa, want me to launch a strike package?" Suzaku asks, looking your way, "I can hit them at least once before they're in range of us!"

[] Launch a Strike Suzaku!

[] Hold onto your strike!

You also have to decide if you're going to keep going, or turn around and face the rather significant force of abyssals approaching you. You could, in fact, turn around and engage the enemy in a gunnery duel, leaving Suzaku with a token force of destroyers, or none at all, trusting that there are no submarines or unnoticed threats nearby.

Alternatively, you could trust your carrier to do what she was designed to do, and rain hell on the enemy forces from out of range.

[] Close in on the Enemy
[] Trust in Suzaku
[] Write In

AN: Apologies for taking so long. Voting is open until 9PM Tonight, after which it will close.

Cat dying sucks. Motivation got lost somewhere along the lines, and just came back. Updates will now resume on schedule.

[X] Launch a Strike Suzaku!
[X] Trust in Suzaku

Most reasonable choice, plus keeps everyone relatively together for the inevitable fight. If they are coming at flank, then they are going to be coming in either from one side of us, in which case we know which one to point our guns at, or from behind which means we can stop to get in range and open up with a full broadside. No actual downside to it besides observing how the enemy reacts to "suddenly strike package from a previously unguarded convoy" which is just good tactics.

Back