Ranma 1/2 ideas, Discussion, and Rec thread

A partial idea.

Ranma's walking by the shop when Cologne addresses him as "daughter-in-law." Turns out, the Chinese Amazons have decided to legalize gay marriage, and update their policies accordingly. Ranma demands answers from Shampoo, only for her to tell him "you less jerk as girl, anyway." What hijinks will ensue?

(Wound up paralleling the "Cat's Tongue" story arc; not certain how to diverge. Seeing Shampoo stomp Kuno's ass would be funny, though. And the implications for Ranma/Akane...)

"you less jerk as girl, anyway." What hijinks will ensue?

(Wound up paralleling the "Cat's Tongue" story arc; not certain how to diverge. Seeing Shampoo stomp Kuno's ass would be funny, though. And the implications for Ranma/Akane...)
Honestly this is a really fun idea, especially cos yeah, Ranma is generally in a better mood and more chill to be around in the 'cursed' form; it only goes so far, but Ranma definitely tends to see more at ease and less defensive unless pushed and often inclined to relax faster and in a more varied manner.

Also this does just legit feel like something that would happen in Ranma 1/2 as far as the world building goes which makes it more hilarious.

So is this in place of the Cat's Tongue, or does it start during it, or some other time? Why's Shan-Pu beating on Kuno, not that it isn't fun. Not sure on the implications for those two given Akane's closet, if she's in one, is mad of titanium and Ranma's very much in "No trans/no homo" territory when it comes to her gender and sexual identity.

So is this in place of the Cat's Tongue, or does it start during it, or some other time?

Haven't decided. Technically, Cat's Tongue doesn't lock Ranma's form, just keep him from easily changing. If they wanted something more permanent, they'd need the locking ladle, or some other plot-device incense. I suppose it depends on Shampoo's preferences, too. Not certain how many ways she swings.

Why's Shan-Pu beating on Kuno, not that it isn't fun.

Establishing her claim to the pig-tailed girl. Although I wonder how Kuno would react to the news that his dream girl is engaged - to a woman? Would he melodramatically stomp off, trailing rose petals while declaring his absolute heartbreak? Would he challenge Shampoo to a (very short) duel? Would he start angling for a threesome? Would he go back to annoying Akane?

Not sure on the implications for those two given Akane's closet, if she's in one, is mad of titanium and Ranma's very much in "No trans/no homo" territory when it comes to her gender and sexual identity.

General rule/headcanon: When Akane is in a good mood, her sexuality is whatever Ranma is. When she's in a bad mood, her sexuality is whatever Ranma isn't. Hence why she's so confused: she was going to have a normal awakening, when in walked a fiance who completely SCRAMBLED her wires. I imagine Kasumi and Nabiki have some interesting conversations; they were going to let her figure it out for herself, but now neither of them are even certain how to advise her. There's a thin line between love and hate, and Akane Tendo is superpositioned on it.

Haven't decided. Technically, Cat's Tongue doesn't lock Ranma's form, just keep him from easily changing. If they wanted something more permanent, they'd need the locking ladle, or some other plot-device incense. I suppose it depends on Shampoo's preferences, too. Not certain how many ways she swings.
I suppose I more meant is this story diverging from that point in the story. So Shan-Pu is not bothered by Ranma being largely unable to change because, or is it taking place later?

Establishing her claim to the pig-tailed girl. Although I wonder how Kuno would react to the news that his dream girl is engaged - to a woman? Would he melodramatically stomp off, trailing rose petals while declaring his absolute heartbreak? Would he challenge Shampoo to a (very short) duel? Would he start angling for a threesome? Would he go back to annoying Akane?
Oh I see, that is fucking hilarious I love it XD

Honestly the fact all of those feel near equally plausible says a great deal about Kuno as a character. I think a lot would depend on context and how the battle with Shan-Pu goes as he could also just fall for her too.

General rule/headcanon: When Akane is in a good mood, her sexuality is whatever Ranma is. When she's in a bad mood, her sexuality is whatever Ranma isn't. Hence why she's so confused: she was going to have a normal awakening, when in walked a fiance who completely SCRAMBLED her wires. I imagine Kasumi and Nabiki have some interesting conversations; they were going to let her figure it out for herself, but now neither of them are even certain how to advise her. There's a thin line between love and hate, and Akane Tendo is superpositioned on it.
Hahaha, oh my gosh this is legit genius, kudos I love it!

No ideas, just musings on how the characters would play (iterated) "Fuck, Marry, Kill."

-Ongoing disagreement on whether Ranma counts as one or two persons for this
-Kuno keeps getting "kill," except for one "fuck" answer, which he's certain is from...okay, he's not certain. (It was Ranma, but he meant "fuck Kuno" metaphorically...at least that's what he says.)
-Kodachi fills out everything as "kill."
-Ranma leading the "marry" category, to his amusement
-Dr. Tofu getting a surprising number of "fuck" answers
-Happosai disqualified, on grounds he is unkillable; when he complains, everyone offers to murder him
-Nabiki gets exactly one "marry" answer, which sets her on a mission to figure out who
-turns out a bunch of strange answers were due to Mousse filling out forms wrong
-Kasumi gets zero "marry" answers, which surprises everyone...to which she says that she's already engaged, which surprises everyone even MORE.

Last edited:
Back