Now my only question is: what exactly she's gonna do as a member of the troupe?
I have no clear idea of that because it goes way beyond this story's scope. She could be on guard duty if some critters try to attack the troupe. She could run across the lands to spread word of the Grimm Troupe's arrival. She could be Grimm's personal assistant and join his first boss fight, or advise the caretaker. She could do something completely different.

The audience is free to substitute whichever answer they like the most.

What was asked was why she was doing her end of mortal life stuff at seventy five when she should be basically Remnant's version of the little ghost and able to put down any monster or foe you point her in the general direction of up to and including divine ones, and still have a solid 30 to 40 years in her easy
Grimm had to leave as part of his nature. Ruby was invited to join the Troupe, so if she wanted to come it was now or never. Since she's never coming back to Remnant it's functionally the same as death to those she leaves behind, so she might as well do end of life stuff for their sake.

...no, leaving aside the reincarnation stuff, that body is older than the current crop of elite veterans such as team -TRQ or Glynda.

Last edited:
It would really help if we had ages for people other then the teenagers.

...no, leaving aside the reincarnation stuff, that body is older than the current crop of elite veterans such as team ST-Q or Glynda.
I checked, and if we're willing to accept the books as canon, which I'll understand if we don't, Theodore is less than 50 and older than Ozpin, so Ozpin was pretty young, for someone of his position.

I checked, and if we're willing to accept the books as canon, which I'll understand if we don't, Theodore is less than 50 and older than Ozpin, so Ozpin was pretty young, for someone of his position.
Which Theodore? My brain is sticking on chipmunk, but I know that's not right.
Ozpin was headmaster when team STRQ was in school. He's gotta be at least fifteen to twenty years older than they are.

Last edited:
Ozpin was headmaster when team STRQ was in school. He's gotta be at least fifteen to twenty years older than they are.

Not necessarily, if you take into account who he is, and thus, that his mind is older than his body, then he could well be the same age as them, or close to it. Definitely not 15 years older, my biggest estimate would be 5.

And even if he was 15 years older than team STRQ... do you know how old they are? It's not told as far as I know.

Because they can be barely over 35 as long as Raven got Yang young, and her we go, an Ozpin that is around 50 and still 15 years older than them.

Which leaves a lot of leeway with what I pointed out about that estimate being way pessimistic on their age difference.

Yes, but that doesn't give him skills right out the bat. To say nothing of the reputation and job history. He doesn't pick which poor schlubs he gets dropped into next. It still take shim time to get all that set up.

Yes, but that doesn't give him skills right out the bat. To say nothing of the reputation and job history. He doesn't pick which poor schlubs he gets dropped into next. It still take shim time to get all that set up.
Unless he was able to get in contact with that era's Ozluminati and nepotism'd his way into getting all his shit back.

Unless he was able to get in contact with that era's Ozluminati and nepotism'd his way into getting all his shit back.

Which, you know, makes sense.

The current version of it contains at least two headmasters, with one that is also a councilman in his kingdom, as well as at least two instructors of another combat school.

Plus the second in command of his current school.

Have him get in his new body at around Oscar's age, hell, even five years older, which give time for the fusion to finish, use a probably already created thing for prodigies and the backing of several very important people, suddenly, he doesn't need that much time to get where he is.

Except that he still needs the time to retrain his actual skills and get some actual accomplishments under his belt, to say nothing of how old the body may have been when he got it. We only have one on screen example and it was some early teens radish farmer with no training. Most of the cast was training almost since they could walk. He wasn't a prodigy, he was Jaune 2.0 now with more exposition.

I just realised that we never saw Nora and Ren's perspective on Shiroyuri's slaughter. It makes sense that they would not confront Lumina about it given Ren's nature and Nora's, from what I remember, already orphaned status. But I find it curious given we never saw their perspective. Although were they there for Lumina's slaughter or did they leave much earlier, like the first time the town got overrun by Grimm?

I just realised that we never saw Nora and Ren's perspective on Shiroyuri's slaughter. It makes sense that they would not confront Lumina about it given Ren's nature and Nora's, from what I remember, already orphaned status. But I find it curious given we never saw their perspective. Although were they there for Lumina's slaughter or did they leave much earlier, like the first time the town got overrun by Grimm?
You mistake city names there. Ren and Nora lived in Kuroyuri. I was being cheeky when I set Lumina's hometown to be Shiroyuri. They did not know each other before meeting at Beacon.

Last edited:
Shiroyuri is the destroyed town they come across in volume ... Four or five, that starts triggering the flashbacks to Ren and Nora's home town.

Last edited:
Back