Power Rangers : Dinystar

This looks really interesting to me, and I'm hoping I can snag a slot, but the only slots left are Orange, White, and Black. Orange just seems meh to me and I'd feel vaguely dirty if I went black or white.

Hmmm...

@TyranntX

Would it be possible to be a robot ranger? Or is that a stretch too far?
So you'd be the Alpha?

Edit:
Ninjaed

Okay, cool.

I've got an idea brewing...

Organic life...

Maybe a Cyborg?

I dunno, I'm just kinda taken with the idea of playing a ranger who's not quite human.

This looks really interesting to me, and I'm hoping I can snag a slot, but the only slots left are Orange, White, and Black. Orange just seems meh to me and I'd feel vaguely dirty if I went black or white.

Hmmm...

@TyranntX

Would it be possible to be a robot ranger? Or is that a stretch too far?

I'm thinking White Ranger with Pricaenigma

Are you sure you want your zord to be based on a tiny bug?

Black Ranger
Name: Ernest Han
Nationality: Born in Grandside, Arizona, USA, lived in China for some years, and moved 5 years ago.
Ranger Color: Black
Zord: Priscaenigma
WoC: Prisca Pike- 10 to 25 ft long

Ranger Power: Swap- The vague identity of Ernest's Zord allows him to instantly swap the places of either himself or an object he's touching with that of another, roughly equal in mass, target. This ability has a notably low recharge time of 3 seconds, and can be done on anything within his line of sight. Additionally, Ernest can control which direction the targets he swaps with faces, as well as his own orientation.
-Cooldown of twice per round.
-Can be activated at any time.

Ranger Stats:
-FIGHT: 0
-SPEED: 10
-GUTS: 10
Black Ranger has fast reflexes, a head for rapid decision making, and a spring in his step. He is incredibly dedicated to the fight, and will persist down to the last gasp, taking blow after blow to make sure the mission gets done. However, his weapon is incredibly awkward, relying solely upon it's massive reach to strike effectively. Should Black Ranger face an enemy within their reach, he will almost assuredly lose the melee.

Faction: Karkonga's Raiders
Biography: A teenager who spent many of his early years in a country where he failed to learn the language, Ernest was a lonely kid, who didn't really have much going for him beyond just being slightly smarter than average. No friends, no good academics, no interesting hobbies, just a lame kid angry at being so lame, yet too lame to do anything about it. But perhaps he'll find something that makes him special, even in the strangest of places. No matter what path it leads him down, it might just be his one thing worth fighting for. That day came when he came across a black gem, coated in amber, during a school field trip to a local park, and a strange creature by the name of Karkonga reached out to him.

Zord: Roughly the size of a helicopter, the Black Ranger's Zord stands as one of the smallest Zords out there, taking on the image of the long forgotten Priscaenigma. It is perhaps the only depiction of the mysterious insect that still exists in the world. The Zord is small and fast, relying on mobility to escape the weapons of it's opponents, and relying on it's ability to strike from both long and short range to wear down opponents.
-Primary weapon: Sting Gun, a long ranged railgun specialized in single, powerful shots with pinpoint accuracy, sacrificing rapid fire for precision and power.
-Secondary weapon A: Bristle Rifle, a rapid fire flak cannon, focused on obscuring the Zord in close range and forcing opponents to back off, only capable of reliably focusing it's fire at targets within close range.
-Secondary weapon B: Wing Blades, the Zord's wings are razor sharp, capable of inflicting grievous wounds in rapid fly-by attacks.
-Defensive ability: An ability reminiscent of it's Ranger, the Priscaenigma Zord is capable of rapidly teleporting 50 meters in any direction, allowing it to pull off miraculous dodges. This ability recharges every 30 seconds, so it should not relied upon to dodge consistently, only to dodge attacks that would otherwise be unavoidable.

Eh, wound up with something a bit more orthodox, but I'm happy with it. I didn't specify an exact charge time because I didn't know how short would be balanced, so I'll leave that up to the QM to define.

And yeah, I'm fine with having an insect for a Zord, though Priscaengima's size seems to be pretty darn big, thought we don't know for sure. All that we can tell is that it had a wing size of around 6 inches, which is pretty darn big for it's era. It seems fitting that Ernest would have a Zord to match his ego and significance.

Last edited:
Name: Ernest Han
Nationality: Born in Grandside, Arizona, USA, lived in China for some years, and moved 5 years ago.
Ranger Color: Black
Zord: Priscaenigma
WoC: Pike

Ranger Power: Swap- The vague identity of Ernest's Zord allows him to swap the places of either himself or an object he's holding with that of another, roughly equal in mass, target. This ability has a notably low recharge time.
Faction: Karkonga's Raiders
Biography: A teenager who spent many of his early years in a country where he failed to learn the language, Ernest was a lonely kid, who didn't really have much going for him beyond just being slightly smarter than average. No friends, no good academics, no interesting hobbies, just a lame kid angry at being so lame, yet too lame to do anything about it. But perhaps he'll find something that makes him special, even in the strangest of places. No matter what path it leads him down, it might just be his one thing worth fighting for.

Eh, wound up with something a bit more orthodox, but I'm happy with it. I didn't specify an exact charge time because I didn't know how short would be balanced, so I'll leave that up to the QM to define.

And yeah, I'm fine with having an insect for a Zord, though Priscaengima's size seems to be pretty darn big, thought we don't know for sure. All that we can tell is that it had a wing size of around 6 inches, which is pretty darn big for it's era. It seems fitting that Ernest would have a Zord to match his ego and significance.

Okay now the bug makes sense. Accepted

Silver Ranger
Name: Eren Steiner
Nationality: German
Ranger Color: Silver
Zord: Ctenochasma
WoC: Ctenochasma - Bayonet Blade
Ranger Power: Low-level Flight, Eren can float up to a metre off the ground for a maximum of a minute, allowing for a trualy 3D Combat Style. Recharges after five minutes.
Faction: Helana's Protectors
Biography: WIP

Obligatory theme song is obligatory :V;

Rangers go!

Anyway, @TyranntX

How short could my charge time be, given what Ernest's Ranger Power is?

And can Ernest control the orientation of the targets that he swaps, i.e if he swaps with a another ranger, can he change which direction they're facing, as well as his own?

And does his power have defined range, or is just based on what he can see?

You depending on if you go through with that Alien and Cyborg Ranger idea...Would they be their own Slots? I mean some Ranger teams had ones who were had unique/odd designations that don't quite fit the Color theme, like the Lunar Wolf Ranger.

...Am I wording this weird?

You depending on if you go through with that Alien and Cyborg Ranger idea...Would they be their own Slots? I mean some Ranger teams had ones who were had unique/odd designations that don't quite fit the Color theme, like the Lunar Wolf Ranger.

...Am I wording this weird?

I did have ideas for a colorless and an iridescent ranger, but I thought that too silly

Anyway, @TyranntX

How short could my charge time be, given what Ernest's Ranger Power is?

And can Ernest control the orientation of the targets that he swaps, i.e if he swaps with a another ranger, can he change which direction they're facing, as well as his own?

And does his power have defined range, or is just based on what he can see?

That's all for you to think about, though a "Line of Sight" range dose sound like a good limit

And final question, and I apologize if I'm asking for too much, but can Ernest control the length of his pike when he first summons it? He can't change it in battle, he has to decide what length he wants at the start, and the pike can only go from 10ft to 25ft, no shorter or longer.

And final question, and I apologize if I'm asking for too much, but can Ernest control the length of his pike when he first summons it? He can't change it in battle, he has to decide what length he wants at the start, and the pike can only go from 10ft to 25ft, no shorter or longer.

alright, sounds fair. you are a power ranger after all.

Hm... Trying to think of a backstory that doesn't continue to riff on Attack On Titan and doesn't tie Eren to a Nazi family that disowned him. Any ideas?

Well the Power company for once managed to get the grid my family on back online, so hopefully I'll be able to get out a post today.

Back