Index progress
Ongoing
Watchers
Recent readers

Be paranoid.
Game Info
Pronouns
Any
As you all gather around the autopsy table, the mangled husk of your neighbor lays disconcertingly. His missing organs and bones have been replaced by a liquidy slime of sorts, with sprouting tendrils that drive straight into his brain. It seems as if he had been controlled by some sort of parasite that ate away at his body.
More concerning though, are the holes in his torso containing burst sacs. Something had taken over the body and laid eggs inside.
You look over to the rest of the neighborhood, as they do the same. Whatever came out of these eggs has probably found a new host, and you have to stop them before they take over the entire town.
The hairs on your arms raise as you realize you can't tell the difference between normal and controlled people. She holds eye contact for too long, was his gait always like that? They've been constantly scratching, and she looks suspiciously nervous. You can't help but see all the flaws in your neighbors, and you wonder whether they've all been infected.
That can't be, right?

Standard SV Rules:
  1. Mafia is a game.
  2. Talk about the game inside the game. While the game's running, don't talk about the game outside of GM-designated places. No exceptions.
  3. Do not edit posts. No exceptions.
  4. Post only clear text messages. Don't use hidden, illegible, or coded messages.
  5. Paraphrase all content from QuickTopics and Host PMs. Don't directly quote from either.
  6. Post only when posting is allowed. Keep posting in this thread to Day Phase, and only post if you are alive. Don't post during the Night Phase, or after elimination.
    • As a special exception, all players get one short Death Post of zero game value after elimination, made before the end of the next Phase.
  7. Post at least five times during every Day Phase.
    • If extenuating circumstances apply, notify your Host so arrangements can be made.
  8. Play the Game, not the Metagame.Judging a player's actions in the context of previous games is fine, but refrain from directly predicting or citing the GM's actions as evidence.
    1. Addendum in light of the reminder in Informational threadmarks -- any flavor provided is not indicative of any setup mechanics, outside of the already confirmed deaths/flips which would have been provided outside of flavor anyway.
  9. Play to win. This improves both your own experience and the experience of your peers.
  10. Rules and Mechanics may be amended at any point in the game to fix game-breaking issues. Hosts will clearly announce any such changes unless doing so would compromise game integrity.

Basic Game Rules:
  • Setup: Semi-open
  • Day/Night Cycle: 48/24
  • Day Start/End: 14:00 EST (UTC -5) (tentative)
  • Voting: Plurality + Majority
  • Bastard: No

Specific Game Rules:
  1. The Mafia do not have a factional chat. They still know all the other members of the Mafia.
  2. The number of Mafia is not publicly disclosed to the Town.
  3. No nights.
    1. No night kills.
  4. Alignments will be revealed on lynch.
  5. Players may vote at anytime to end paranoia using "[] End Paranoia".
    1. Players may vote for another player alongside their paranoia vote.
    2. If no players have votes at the end of the day, paranoia will be ended.
    3. Players may remove their vote to end paranoia whenever they choose.
    4. Paranoia votes reset at the start of each day.
    5. If ⅔ of the living players (rounded up) are voting to end paranoia at any time, the current day will immediately end.
      1. This will kill the current highest voted player.
  6. If paranoia is ended:
    1. If there are no Mafia left alive, the game will end.
    2. If there is at least a single member of the Mafia alive:
      1. If this is the first time paranoia is ended, all players will be informed that the Mafia is still alive.
      2. If this is the second time paranoia is ended, the game will end.
  7. There is a maximum amount of day this game will last, after which the game will end.
    1. This is not disclosed to any player.

Win Conditions:

Mafia wins if:
  1. Paranoia is ended twice and at least one member of the Mafia is still alive.
  2. The game surpasses the maximum amount of days.
Town wins if:
  1. Paranoia is ended and only members of the Town are alive.

Players:

1. @dinomannitro6
2. @Variable
3. @Byzantine
4. @Zaealix
5. @hugh_donnetono
6. @InterstellarHobo
7. @Nictis
8. @NinetyNineLies
9. @-Rosen
10. @ComiTurtle

Replacements:

1. @Young Pyromancer
2. @Cyricubed

Last edited:
Also, for those who are interested in playing:

Since there are no night actions, would you prefer 24h days with no nights, or 48h days with a 24h night every 2/3 days? Or maybe something in between?

I'd rather not have people burnout from constant thread engagement, but I also don't want the game to drag on too long. I appreciate any feedback about this.

As far as cycle length goes, I'd suggest the 48/24 over 24/0. Gives downtime to avoid burnout and/or backread after a vote, and makes sure that people in different timezones will get the chance to interact with everyone else. If you want it to be a super fast game though with less time for people to talk about who it has to be then the 24/0 should be fine if it's not too long of a game.

Put me down as a replacement tentatively for now, might come up to a player slot if I end up free down the line

Sign me up, and put me down as a vote for 48/24. With 24/0 there is at least one game day where I am likely to contribute nothing more than "I exist and I'm not going to be around, good luck, have fun, don't vote me out". With 48/24 that won't happen.

Honestly, been thinking on it. With there being no nightkills we could go as far as potentially 12 cycles in this game. Obviously we won't given there's a cap on the amount of days in the game, but assuming 1 wrong no vote and all the way to final 3 would fill that out. Maybe something like a 36/12 cycle, and players can call time if Bunch isn't around? Or just 24 hour cycles and we could give headsup if we're unavailable?

Dunno. I'm still down for whatever. And even if we do have longer cycles maybe we could have a vote to speed up the cycles when things get slower?

Maybe something like a 36/12 cycle, and players can call time if Bunch isn't around? Or just 24 hour cycles and we could give headsup if we're unavailable?
I don't think 36/12 would work mainly cuz I might not be there for day end or day start to resolve flips or paranoia.

Dunno. I'm still down for whatever. And even if we do have longer cycles maybe we could have a vote to speed up the cycles when things get slower?
You can hammer a vote (not the paranoia one) if you want to speed up a day.

Ah never mind figured out how the mechanic functions, this sounds cool sign me up.

Also; I'd prefer 24/0

Last edited:
Back