On the Shores of Destiny: A Warcraft II NG

I knew that the movie wasn't canon, but fan comics as well...well I don't know what to say.
On an unrelated note, does any Alliance player have any interesting positive views on Hitler or Pol Pot that they'd like to share?
"Anduin, we considered banning her for team-killing but it turns out it's alright if it's Garithos."

I knew that the movie wasn't canon, but fan comics as well...well I don't know what to say.
On an unrelated note, does any Alliance player have any interesting positive views on Hitler or Pol Pot that they'd like to share?
There are a number of official pictures from books/the not finished RPG where he's portrayed as green skinned.

There are a number of official pictures from books/the not finished RPG where he's portrayed as green skinned.
I'm sayin you're wrong. He is green, just that I saw him as brown in the recent media and figured he was now brown in canon. I mean, green was still the natural orc colour in WC3 AFAIK, so Blizzard wouldn't be doing anything out of the ordinary by changing it up again for him. Does anyone have any pictures or descriptions of Orgrim from Warcraft Chronicle?

Amd I'm saying you're wrong, and duh green was still default colour in wc3 because by backstory of the orcs the curse of manaroth's blood was still there. It doesnt magically vanish post wc2.

Also trying to argue that the new lore is better is amusing.

Edit: also he is in brown in the movie cause the movie takes place in a heavily AU version of the First War that changes a lot of details. The Brown skin is modern blizzards way of going to show the distinction between the 'better' orcs and the worse ones.

I'll have to get my copy of Tides of Darkness but the scene where he talks about killing captives off im fairly sure he is also described as green skinned and thats the official story of the second war.

(Where the orcs lose just like they will here).

Last edited:
ummmm actually the movie takes place in the earliest stages of the first war where there ARE still a few brown orcs. However they are turning green even then and they probably just did not have the budget to show the green tinge slowly breaking through the brown skin.

But if you're saying that I'm wrong while I'm saying that you're not wrong then you're saying that you yourself are wrong and thus I'm not wrong, but if I'm not wrong, then you're not wrong about me being wrong which again means that me saying that you're not wrong is wrong, which makes you wrong...

If green was the colour of all orcs (aside from those super-high on pitlord blood) before the Burning Crusade, corrupt or not, then almost any orc that was green before the release of Burning Crusade could've been retconned to have been brown afterwards. Since Doomhammer's only major appearances in recent media were in the movie, where he is brown, and Warlords which is set in a world where the Orcs are almost all brown, then it's not surprising that a lot of people would think that was brown in canon now too, even if he's not.

But if you're saying that I'm wrong while I'm saying that you're not wrong then you're saying that you yourself are wrong and thus I'm not wrong, but if I'm not wrong, then you're not wrong about me being wrong which again means that me saying that you're not wrong is wrong, which makes you wrong...

If green was the colour of all orcs (aside from those super-high on pitlord blood) before the Burning Crusade, corrupt or not, then almost any orc that was green before the release of Burning Crusade could've been retconned to have been brown afterwards. Since Doomhammer's only major appearances in recent media were in the movie, where he is brown, and Warlords which is set in a world where the Orcs are almost all brown, then it's not surprising that a lot of people would think that was brown in canon now too, even if he's not.
wat? just wat???

ok 1) anyone with real knowledge of the franchise specifically of warlords or the sheer number of differences the movie had from canon would know that in this timeline there are no brown orcs. (except the Maghar on draenor.)

2) wat are you talking about 'before the burning crusade'? The orcs were still green then and it was established all the way back in Warcraft 3 that a second dose of pit lord blood turns the orcs RED not brown as you seem to be saying. The burning crusade merely took that warcraft 3 assertion and ran with it for the orcs.

3) On what planet would people think that anything to do with orc skin color was retconned suddenly? hell Warlords was specifically stated multiple times throughout the expansion at major plot points to be an AU version of Draenor. And as for the movie... anyone with even basic knowledge of major events would be able to tell you they changed almost EVERYTHING in that movie. I

mean jesus, in canon Garona kills the king IN STORMWIND at the end of the first war. the Portal was never cut off in canon. Humanity never had guns in the first war. Magic, especially of the holy variety is nearly non-existent in the movie when it was extremely prevalent in the games. Like no matter what direction you look at the movie is a heavy AU with how many changes they made where warcraft 2 probably could not even happen and warcraft 3 would NEVER happen simply because too much has changed. Helll the frostwolves were not exiled in canon until mid-way through the second war and Blackhand never became so demon-tainted or died until near the end of the first war.

What I'm saying is this:

Untill around 2006:

All orcs are green (regardless if they worshiped demons or not), aside from those with an extra dose of Pitlord blood, who are red. Most of Doomhammer's appearances happen in this phase of the franchise. Red orcs only appear after his canon death. Red, not green, is the main colour of corrupt orcs.

Afterwards:

Green orcs were retconned to have been a mutation caused by the Fel. Brown orcs are introduced as a group that has never been tainted. There are still red Fel orcs, mostly serving Illidan and the Legion. Doomhammer has no major appearences untill the movie and WoD.

However, there are no major appearances (that I know of) regarding Doomhammer's canon role and colour in this post 2006 period. I agree that it was green, but most of the latest depictions are of him AU brown so it's not hard to imagine that he'd be part of the remaining brown crowd for some reason, even if it does make more sense for him to be green.

I'm well aware that the movie's non canon (The Alliance wasn't formed in Stormwind and Doomhammer wasn't a Frostwolf either, Gul'dan probably wasn't Thrall's midwife). I'm just explaining why I figured earlier that he was retconned to be brown in canon lately and this is in part because of, as Duzzit said

The Brown skin is modern blizzards way of going to show the distinction between the 'better' orcs and the worse ones.

And Orgrim was an enemy of the Shadow Council who were clearly corrupt and green and were corrupting other orcs.

Right, it's not important, though I will still referr to the Orcs as Greenskins because that -is- what they were during the second war.

THE LION!
THE LION!
FOR AZEROTH!
FOR THE ALLIANCE!
FOR THE PEOPLES OF THE WORLD!
WE WILL BEAT THESE MONSTERS BACK!

@Orwelans III

I think I can use a few bricks to build a new bridge across the Span, mind if I borrow Gul'Dans corpse to make me some?

:)

@Orwelans III as a purely academic question, what do you have guarding the dark portal?

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little pinkskin? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Burning Legion, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on the Silver Hand, and I have over 300 confirmed life drains. I am trained in mak'gorilla and I'm the top warlock in the entire Orcish Horde. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Azeroth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the battlefield? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of demons across the Twisting Nether and your soul is being traced right now so you better prepare for the hellstorm, murlock. The hellstorm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You're fucking dead, old man. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my fel magic. Not only am I extensively trained in demonic spells, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the Orcish Horde and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your armour-clad ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn light-worshiper. I will shit imps all over you and you will drown in them. You're fucking dead, kiddo.

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little pinkskin? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Burning Legion, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on the Silver Hand, and I have over 300 confirmed life drains. I am trained in mak'gorilla and I'm the top warlock in the entire Orcish Horde. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Azeroth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the battlefield? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of demons across the Twisting Nether and your soul is being traced right now so you better prepare for the hellstorm, murlock. The hellstorm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You're fucking dead, old man. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my fel magic. Not only am I extensively trained in demonic spells, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the Orcish Horde and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your armour-clad ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn light-worshiper. I will shit imps all over you and you will drown in them. You're fucking dead, kiddo.
Here we see the mental breakdown of a not very important Orc Warlock, as he is confronted by a party that includes King Anasteran Sunstrider, Tirion Fordring, Alexandros Morgraine and General Turalyeon.

I think the leader of the alliance is waiting until saturday as usual.... sadly our boss can just be so lazy sometimes! :p

So ya, the elves have abandoned the alliance and recalled all their fleets and armies stating thusly "Enough elven lives have been spent in this Human war. We have done enough to aid them, killing their most powerful magic user and aiding them time and aiding them time and again. While individuals may still volunteer to participate the overall armies and navy has withdrawn. We are now consolidating our gains from the Amani and integrating those lands into Quel'thalas and adding runestones to them."

Have fun being on even footing again! ;)

So ya, the elves have abandoned the alliance and recalled all their fleets and armies stating thusly "Enough elven lives have been spent in this Human war. We have done enough to aid them, killing their most powerful magic user and aiding them time and aiding them time and again. While individuals may still volunteer to participate the overall armies and navy has withdrawn. We are now consolidating our gains from the Amani and integrating those lands into Quel'thalas and adding runestones to them."

Have fun being on even footing again! ;)
Even footing you say? We shall win this war without the assistance of the elven court. The Lights guidance has brought us this far; our tenacity and resolve, our cannons and steel and our compassion and mutual respect for one another shall carry us the rest of the way.

The Orcs will break on us; no matter what; The Alliance will triumph.

-King Terenas Menethil, Ruler of Loarderan, one of the leaders of the Alliance.

"To all of you serving in the combined armies, I can only ask of you to judge for yourselves the actions that you shall take now. I hope that the experiences shared in this war were ultimately fruitful ones; and know that I am proud to have served with all of you."

-General Turalyon, leader of the combined force that crushed the Amani; upon hearing the proclemation from Silvermoon as the Elves were boarding the fleet with them to head south, in an improptu speech given at the assembly area to them.

The Underlying hope and faith put toward his troops with such a message, combined with the Generals growing Ch...[Login to read the full extract]

-Stormwind City University Press, 108 AC, Published from "The Great Unifying War, by Hallion Brightfeather."

Last edited:
Back