Odd alert "Your tag 'invisible text' has been approved"

I have this odd alert that says "Your tag 'invisible text' has been approved."
I have no idea what that is about.
Any suggestions on how to figure it out or what the context is?
InvisibleText by slickrcbd, on Flickr

Last edited:
There's a new tagging system that's been implemented. Tag creation & approval is a part of it. Thread here:

forums.sufficientvelocity.com

A New Age of Content Discovery: Tag Rework! Announcement

So, if you've made a thread in the last few months you may have noticed something a bit different, namely that there's now a bunch of categories for you to put the tags for your thread into. This may have been some time because there have been a few hangups, but the moment has actually, at last...

Relevant bit:
  • Tag creation powers are now available to everybody, not just subscribers. All tags created by users will go through an approval queue where they will be vetted by staff, so don't worry if they don't appear immediately.

So you probably tagged something with "invisible text" at some point and now the system is telling you that said tag is approved.

Last edited:
I'll have to have a look the approval tag process to ensure it isn't doing something dumb around tag handling
Ah, is that not what the tag approval alert looks like? Or was "invisible text" one of the tags that were already built into the system? I admit I don't know if it's already supposed to be a tag or not, but if it is then I feel a little bit foolish about my post earlier ^ ^;

Back