Nanoha Ideas, discussion and recs thread

@WiseMan744436 when does the snap happen? Because some of those people would be dead before others were alive. Also given that Pressia is on the list, this would be before or during season 1 (0065). Chrono's kids were born 0072.

Well, nonetheless, the TSAB is on the verge of collapse since nearly the entire leadership is gone. The only one who can take up the mantle is Lindy, and she's retired. Hayate is another candidate, but I'm not sure how mentally stable she'd be after losing that much.

Last edited:
Would be a interesting chance to bring up Arisa and Suzuka as major players. Their being caught up in the fight against the Book implied both were magic. (Ignoring original canon of course.)

Also: Do the devices go poof?

Last edited:
Also: Do the devices go poof?
Crap. As much as I would like to have them stick around, I think any that the dusted characters were holding would've been dusted with them. On the other hand, if the characters were dusted when they weren't holding/wearing/using the devices, the devices would've been left behind, I think? A device by itself wouldn't go poof. On the other hand, some of the devices were different from most. See: Reinforce Zwei.

I wouldn't really call Intelligent Devices living since they don't consume anything to live.

That said, I forgot about Einhart Stratos in the list. She's gone.

While there weren't any shown in the movie (and I never read those comics), I would imagine it would also apply to artificial intelligences with physical bodies? I don't think that would apply to most of the devices.
The wiki might not be accurate but according to it even bacteria in those who didn't disappear was affected, And from context in what was effected and what is said in the interview links it appears to only have affected biological beings sentient or not.

The wiki might not be accurate but according to it even bacteria in those who didn't disappear was affected, And from context in what was effected and what is said in the interview links it appears to only have affected biological beings sentient or not.
Hmm. Then in that case, I don't think the Wolkenritter or Reinforce Zwei would be effected. I mean, magical constructs and all that? I think the real question on them would be either "did their 'master' got snapped?" or "was their master holding their originating device when they got snapped?" I'm pretty sure the Wolkenritter's existence depends on the Book, right?

... I think the real gray area would be familiars. Arf survives off a portion of Fate's mana, so if Fate got snapped, her mana wouldn't exist any longer, so Arf would just die. Not be dusted, just DEAD.

. I think the real gray area would be familiars. Arf survives off a portion of Fate's mana, so if Fate got snapped, her mana wouldn't exist any longer, so Arf would just die. Not be dusted, just DEAD.
Familiars have their own internal store of mana but are sustained by their creator. There isn't any info if Familiars die as soon as their connection to their creator disappears so it's possible Familiars like Arf could survive of their internal stores for a while until they find another supplier of magical energy.

Hope I'm not rehashing something talked about before, since I'm new to both the forum and the franchise, but I am surprised that the TSAB seems virtually unopposed but at the same time gets the run around from essentially an NGO run by a mad scientist and edgy terrorists.

I know it's generally not in the scope of the series, but as an aside, it makes you wonder how well they'd do against an actual 'peer power'...

Hope I'm not rehashing something talked about before, since I'm new to both the forum and the franchise, but I am surprised that the TSAB seems virtually unopposed but at the same time gets the run around from essentially an NGO run by a mad scientist and edgy terrorists.

I know it's generally not in the scope of the series, but as an aside, it makes you wonder how well they'd do against an actual 'peer power'...
TSAB is what in their name, Bureau. It implied it had to answer to something. My headcanon is that their government basically a (somewhat) loose association of Planet/ State Nation with mutual pact in defense/ economy.

Actual 'Peer Powers', however, had conveniently destroyed themselves in Belkan War, leaving survivors basically everyone else.

Huh, that's.....convenient. Though I do wonder if anyone wrote anything of a hot/cold war, though without a mix of setting(s), seems like it would throw canon out of whack from the sounds of it.

Thanks!

You mean StrikerS with Jail and his Numbers? The partial reason behind that one was that Jail himself was actually part of a secret R&D division of the Bureau, who then went completely Rogue by the last quarter of the show.

Edgy terrorists... You mean Force.
The Hucks are depicted as a rather slippery lot, though we never got to see what was really going on in that series due to being pretty much cancelled. It did manage to hint that the Hucks were pretty much only a small part of a larger picture, but not much else.
It might have been yet another case like Jail and the whole thing in Force could have been an inside job of sorts.

My headcanon is that their government basically a (somewhat) loose association of Planet/ State Nation with mutual pact in defense/ economy.

Well, it does get stated in the official web pages for A's and StrikerS that the Bureau is jointly managed by the various worlds who have the ability to access the Dimensional Sea. So your headcanon is pretty much canon, just that it never gets much mention in the series itself.

...Now that I think about it, I have a feeling that becoming an Administrated World, despite the name, includes joining whatever council that runs the Bureau as a member.
Though, given that it seems to be that Midchilda was the first member (it is Administrated World Number One, after all) and probably the one with the largest clout in the member states, if Earth does join, it wouldn't have much of a voice in how to run things. Having a few heroes in the Bureau who are from Earth might be a bit of a plus, but that would be it.

EDIT: erased an extra word

Last edited:
One other thing to remember is that TSAB itself has only existed for like 80 years.

It rose up after an extended period of chaos following a societal collapse.

Its resources are stretched extremely thin trying to maintain a semblance of peace.

I'm not sure how canon it is, but I like the idea that they're essentially an armed civil service organization/police force trying to be a real military force (the branches, and all that?), but they also don't have enough people to be effective enough as anything more than an emergency response force. I think I remember that being (at least) implied in a crossover fanfic (X-COM, IIRC)...
Hm... I know I've got that one saved somewhere. I should read through it again, or rather, what was released before it died...

Edgy terrorists... You mean Force.
The Hucks are depicted as a rather slippery lot, though we never got to see what was really going on in that series due to being pretty much cancelled. It did manage to hint that the Hucks were pretty much only a small part of a larger picture, but not much else.
It might have been yet another case like Jail and the whole thing in Force could have been an inside job of sorts.
My impression is that Hucks and all stuff related to them basically Megacorp Experomentation gone... somewhere. It's corporate espionage stuff with Non-Administrated Worlds trapped in the middle, and Bureau lack manpower to prosecute them until Hayate pulled her weight.

I'm not sure how canon it is, but I like the idea that they're essentially an armed civil service organization/police force trying to be a real military force (the branches, and all that?), but they also don't have enough people to be effective enough as anything more than an emergency response force. I think I remember that being (at least) implied in a crossover fanfic (X-COM, IIRC)...
Hm... I know I've got that one saved somewhere. I should read through it again, or rather, what was released before it died...
They're kind of the opposite. The TSAB was formed at the trailing edge of an apocalyptic war, by those militaries remaining who still had enough functional command structure to see where things were going. Some of them may even have had civilian oversight. A few of those may even have been allowed to do what they did!

They had a lot of artificially intelligent, self-powered devices of mass destruction running around, such as for example the Book of Darkness. If they'd kept fighting, they might have lost the ability to stop those.

Back