[X] An old bridge

We drive over it, they follow, it explodes. Are we allowed to set something like that up?

I'm.. sorry?

A bridge?

Where the birds flying after us with absolutely not be impeded at all?

THEY ARE FLYING, we are not!!!

the bridge is a dumb idea, methinks. like seriously tho, its one thing if they're crawling things which will actually have to go over the bridge by crawling on it, but another if they are FUCKING BIRDS who will fly around and divebomb us because we are completely in the open. Also, old bridge means maybe the kind that are held together by rope which the birds can peck to pieces.

[X] An empty truckstop

because I feel like we can't really hide, we have to lure and attack. The lumberyard will give them a whole lot more places to hide than we will have which isn't really great.

I'm.. sorry?

A bridge?

Where the birds flying after us with absolutely not be impeded at all?

THEY ARE FLYING, we are not!!!

the bridge is a dumb idea, methinks. like seriously tho, its one thing if they're crawling things which will actually have to go over the bridge by crawling on it, but another if they are FUCKING BIRDS who will fly around and divebomb us because we are completely in the open. Also, old bridge means maybe the kind that are held together by rope which the birds can peck to pieces.

[X] An empty truckstop

because I feel like we can't really hide, we have to lure and attack. The lumberyard will give them a whole lot more places to hide than we will have which isn't really great.
The bridge is basically a perfect place to set up a bunch of bird killing things under. Artillery that shoots upwards is a thing, as are directed bombs and flak weaponry.

The bridge is the Direct Damage option.

The bridge is basically a perfect place to set up a bunch of bird killing things under. Artillery that shoots upwards is a thing, as are directed bombs and flak weaponry.

The bridge is the Direct Damage option.

okay, so this reasoning makes it a whole lot more understandable. When people were saying, blow up the bridge, I was like??? tnt, explosives on the bridge???? what???? will that doo???? to birds that are flying above???

But I also, still feel like it's kind of a dangerous option and so i vote for the truckstop

Exactly what anti-air weaponry do we apparently have? Without the correct weapons the bridge idea is a non-starter for me.

Exactly what anti-air weaponry do we apparently have? Without the correct weapons the bridge idea is a non-starter for me.
We have a military base of some sort prepping this for us. Presumably it is American, or at least that general flavor of operating procedures, so [explosives = yes].

Still not reading any details, it could be the they have no real anti-air weapons.
And it's far more likely that they do. Your suppositions are theoretically just as valid as mine, but you're saying that a modern military base doesn't have anti-aircraft weaponry, which is ridiculous.

And it's far more likely that they do. Your suppositions are theoretically just as valid as mine, but you're saying that a modern military base doesn't have anti-aircraft weaponry, which is ridiculous.
You are classifying it as a 'military' base when it could easily just be a research base with some light defenses, a few people with sniper rifles, grenade launchers and machine guns might be the best of the weapons. Hopefully there is a lot more but I doubt there will be major mobile anti-air guns.

You are classifying it as a 'military' base when it could easily just be a research base with some light defenses, a few people with sniper rifles, grenade launchers and machine guns might be the best of the weapons. Hopefully there is a lot more but I doubt there will be major mobile anti-air guns.
We have actual aircraft on the way, loaded with heavy weaponry.
"Roger, gunship and reinforcements are inbound. ETA, 5 minutes." The voice crackles.
Gunship - Wikipedia

A research base this isn't.

Back