Mega Taylor. (Worm Taylor Alt!Power Mega Man Slight Crossover)

Mega Taylor. (Worm Taylor Alt!Power Mega Man Slight Crossover)
Created at
Index progress
Ongoing
Watchers
Recent readers

In which Taylor Hebert Triggers with another power... and it's pretty Mega, man.
01- Taylor Gets Mega.
Pronouns
He/Him
I woke up in my bed to the sound of my alarm clock, looking at the digital clock, I saw that it was 5:30 AM.

So, I sat on my bed and fumbled around in the dark before finding my glasses case, and putting them on. A dull ache in my head then made itself known, causing me to slowly get up and go to the bathroom.

Turning on the light, I quickly shambled over to the sink where I started washing my face, after I was done… I looked into the mirror and saw myself. Dark curly hair that hung below my shoulders, large and tired brown eyes under a pair of square-rimmed glasses, a thin and pale face with a large mouth, and a large scar over the side of my head.

It was mostly gone, somewhat scabbed but no longer bleeding, but from what the doctors told me? It wouldn't ever fully heal, instead it would stay there… no matter how faint, it would serve as a reminder of what had happened a couple of days ago…

It only took me a couple of days to get out of the hospital, once they saw that I was mostly fine to walk around. Dad wasn't able to hang around for much longer though, leaving the next day to do some negotiations for the Dockworkers Association.

Not that I blamed him, ever since mom's death he'd been a wreck, focusing more on his job than his family… at least it kept food on our plates and the bills paid.

Even when I was able to go home, the car ride back was… silent, and awkward. Neither of us knew what to say to the other.

When we got back, he made his way into the kitchen and I went into my room, looking around it felt somewhat unfamiliar. But that was probably because I hadn't been in it for the past couple of days.

At least it looked better than the plain white walls and bright lights that my hospital room consisted of.

I finished washing my face, and went back into my bedroom, turning the light on as I did so.

Slowly getting on my bed, I leaned slightly into the firm mattress, as I looked at my hands. The pain in my skull had dulled a bit at the time, especially with the help of the medicine that the hospital prescribed me… but the itchiness in my arms had just gotten worse.

But after I tried to talk to one of the nurses about it, they took some tests and found nothing out of the normal.

Even now though, I had the urge to scratch the itch, even though nothing was there…

After a few moments, I decided 'fuck it', and started scratching and scratching and scratching until my arm went red from the friction.

No matter what I did though, it wouldn't stop itching… it was like there was a swarm of insects within my arms trying to crawl their way out!

Eventually, I just had enough and launched myself into the pillow, screaming into it out of sheer irritation. The sound was thankfully muffled, as it was still pretty early in the morning and I didn't want to accidentally wake Dad up.

"Just… stop… itching" I growled out, as even with my face smushed into the pillow, I clawed at my arms, scratching with all of my might until I felt something… tear.

But instead of pain and blood, instead I felt… relief, and my fingers pushed into something that felt like cool metal, instead of the flesh and blood that I was expecting.

Slowly but surely removing my head from the pillow, I looked down at my arm in shock, finding something absolutely bizarre…

Underneath the torn flesh in my arm, instead of a torrent of blood… there was a strange blue metal. It didn't look like bone, no… it looked more like a second more metallic layer of flesh.

Against my better judgment, as I was looking at this strange metal underneath my flesh… I started to pick at the surrounding pulled flesh, slowly but surely removing it.

It was surprisingly easy to do so, as if I was taking the sleeve off of something else. And within a few moments, the flesh that made up my left arm was gone, now on the floor in a neat little pile… and what remained, was a dark blue metallic arm.

"Am I… a cyborg?" I asked silently, as I looked at the robot-like arm, it looked just like my old one, just made out of metal and… blue.

Did this mean that my dad was some sort of Tinker? Was I… was I even real? Were my memories real? Was mom real?

No, no that's not how this works, right? If I was a robot made to think I was human, I wouldn't be able to think about not being human. It'd be against my code or something… right?

Right, yeah… that makes sense. And it's not like Dad has enough time to be a Tinker or even a Cape in general with the Dockworker's Association.

"Then does that mean that I have powers?" I asked myself with a small amount of childish giddiness that The Trio hadn't managed to beat out of me surging forth in my mind.

But that came all crashing down when I considered just what sort of use having… metal limbs would even have as a Hero.

Maybe I'd have a small Brute Rating, but that's not all that impressive. At least not compared to Armsmaster or Lung.

"...Is there anything else that I can do?" I asked, and as if my power was able to hear me, something happened.

My left arm quickly shifted, changing its form into a… strange cannon-like apparatus. It didn't affect my balance or anything, but it looked fairly threatening

"Whoa…" I muttered to myself, as I looked at the cannon that my arm had transformed into… it seemed like it'd be able to do a decent amount of damage. For a moment? I was tempted to fire it.

But I quickly stopped myself, partly because it was still early and… well, I was indoors, with a Blaster Power that I had no idea the strength of.

So, I tried to urge the… Arm Cannon to go away, and thankfully? It did, quickly transforming back into my blue robotic arm.

"How am I going to hide this, though?" I said to myself, as I looked at the rather conspicuous arm… before my eyes widened as I watched my flesh regrow over it, enveloping the arm all over again.

…And damn it, now I was itchy again.
______

Welcome, one and all to MegaTaylor a Worm fanfic where Taylor Hebert Triggers with the powers of Mega Man.

This is directly inspired by SeerKing's
My Hero Academia: Mega Izuku. He's given me permission to use his general idea.

Oh, there's others? Could you give me the links to them? I'm curious now, kek.
forums.sufficientvelocity.com

Worldwide Web (Worm/Megaman Battle Network)

Years ago, Emma Barnes made up her mind that operating a NetNavi just wasn't right for her. In the wake of an old friend's death, however, she's about to get one anyway. Sadly, partnering with Weaver is going to cause even more problems for Emma than she expected.

Can't find the other one it was on fanfiction.net.

Last edited:
02- How Do I Cook with Robot Arms?
It had been a couple of hours since I had first discovered that my arm could transform into a gun… and I had quietly experimented with it, in the confines of my bedroom.

The first thing that I discovered about my power, was that… it could only transform into the gun form. Originally, I thought that my power let my arms shapeshift into various weapon forms, but nope. Just the one gun.

I could make do with that, at least…

The second thing that I discovered was that both of my arms were… robotic, and capable of transforming into the Arm Cannons. Though, it didn't seem to work on any other part of my body.

The third was that despite the constant itchiness when there was flesh enveloping my arm, I no longer felt pain from either of them. Instead, they just registered a dull 'feeling', so that could at least be somewhat useful.

Oh, and I discovered that I didn't need to peel my flesh off to use my power… instead, I could just form the Arm Cannon and within an instant, it would appear, though the flesh on my arm did explode outwards, in a surprising fashion.

It wasn't all that gory at least, it was more akin to… a balloon popping. It even came with a similar sound. But, that bit of experimentation also left me with a bunch of flesh to clean up.

And it just had to get everywhere during the transformation, so I swiftly transformed my arm back, grabbed a dustpan and brush… and just started to clean. The flesh had gotten everywhere, from the floor, to the walls and roof, to small crevices throughout the room.

Even after I finished cleaning it all up, and carefully throwing it in the trash… making sure to hide it under actual trash so Dad didn't freak out, I was still pretty sure I'd be finding little scraps of skin throughout my room. At least I'd had the foresight to close my door beforehand.

But that's all that I could discover about my newfound powers, as I couldn't exactly fire the Arm Cannons inside of the house.

Well, I could but it'd be a really stupid idea. Best case? Dad would be pissed and likely call the PRT to put me in the Wards, and I really didn't want to deal with that sort of teen drama as a Cape.

Worst case, though? I could kill someone or even myself. After all, my powers didn't exactly come with a training manual. I had no idea how powerful my Arm Cannons were.

I had actually been experimenting with my powers for long enough that the sun could be seen coming into the sky, its rays shining through the gap in my curtains.

Looking at my alarm clock, I saw that it said that the time was 7:43 AM. So it had been around two hours since I'd first woken up and discovered my powers.

It was also around the time that Dad would be waking up, to get to work at around 8:30. He was weirdly punctual about that.

As I thought about that, I heard a familiar creak from Dad's bedroom… the floorboard by the side of his bed had been a bit loose for the past year, and he just hadn't been able to muster the motivation to fix it. Or at least, that's what he told me the last time we spoke.

Then I heard the sound of him shambling his way out of bed, and into the bathroom. I could just barely hear him grumbling about 'Needing a coffee', and then the sound of the shower running silenced his muttered words.

While he was showering, I took this opportunity to make the both of us some breakfast, just some simple bacon and eggs… not like there was much else in the fridge.

As the bacon was sizzling alongside the eggs, I also decided to make up a pot of coffee for Dad. Even if we'd been a bit distant since… mom, he was still my dad and it's not like it was taking all that much extra effort.

Then I heard the sound of the toast coming up, and looked towards it, which is when I noticed something…

"Huh, have we always had this toaster?" I idly asked myself, as I took the toast out of the toaster, not even noticing the heat due to my powers, before placing the freshly cooked toast on a plate.

The toaster was practically brand new, a ruby red color that somewhat clashed with the usually dull kitchen. It looked a lot fancier than any appliance that we'd had before…

"...The old one must have broken and Dad got it for cheap," I muttered to myself, confident that Dad probably got it in a garage sale or some sort of thrifting, as I went about buttering the toast before putting my focus back on the bacon and eggs, which had gotten quite a bit crispier… but thankfully wasn't burnt.

With that, I then prepared everything and placed the bacon and eggs onto the two plates alongside the buttered toast.

Having finished that, I then quickly sat down at the kitchen table, and just focused on eating my breakfast… it wasn't bad, at least. But it didn't taste like mom's used to.

I wasn't really able to put my finger on it, but it felt like it was lacking something… back before Mom died, Dad probably would have joked that it was something like 'Motherly Love'.

Eventually, I heard the sound of the shower being turned off, and some shuffling as Dad went back to his room to get dressed.

A few minutes later, he came out dressed in a white shirt and brown pants, fit with a pair of simple black shoes.

He walked into the kitchen, and looked at me, then to the breakfast that I made, and back to me with a small smile on his face.

"Thanks, little owl," Dad said with a soft smile, as he walked over to the pot of coffee and poured himself a mug and added a splash of milk and sugar before sitting at the table.

Even though we were both sitting at the kitchen table, we didn't really… talk. There just wasn't much that we said to each other nowadays.

The silence was practically palpable, only interrupted by the sound of the knife and fork meeting the plate and Dad eating or drinking…

"Once you're better, I want you to go back to school next week," Dad said, finally breaking the silence, "And hey. Maybe you can bring Emma over one of these days and have some fun with her"

My eyes widened as I looked up at him, and saw that he had… a genuine expression on his face as he ate his breakfast.

"...Okay," I said after a moment's hesitation. I couldn't exactly get mad at him… after all, he didn't know what was happening at Winslow… or what was happening with Emma.

"Anyways, I'm going to be getting home late tonight, alright?" Dad said after finishing the final piece of bacon, he looked at me with slight concern in his eyes, "Are you going to be okay by yourself?"

"Yeah, I'll be fine" I mumbled to him, slightly scratching my forearm as I did so. He'd been a bit more protective lately since I 'tripped' at school and my skull was split open, after all.

"Okay then. Just remember that curfew's at 9:30 PM.. and if you need any help just call my office and I'll get to you as soon as possible" Dad said as he slowly stood up and started to move over to me before hesitating and… instead deciding to walk back to the table and grab his dishes and put them in the sink.

With that, he grabbed his keys and wallet and walked out of the door, but before closing it he had one last thing to say…

"Taylor, I'm… I'm… never mind," Dad said, as if he was trying to figure out what to say, before ultimately just… shutting the front door and leaving for work.

I waited for a few minutes, listening to the sound of his car leaving the driveway… before deciding to go back into my room, and grab a simple old Halloween mask that I had lying around in my cupboard, along with a thick blue jacket with a hood and a simple old school bag that I put the mask, jacket, and a couple of bottles of water into.

With that, I left the house out of the window, and inconspicuously made my way to the Boat Graveyard… it seemed the most safe place to experiment with my powers.

It took a while to get there, as I had to take a bus from the house over to where the Boat Graveyard was in The Docks.

Once there, I walked for a little bit until I found an alleyway that didn't seem to have anybody in it, and put the jacket and mask on.

With that, I walked out of the alleyway wearing a thick blue hooded jacket that covered my upper body and hid most of my hair, and an old Armsmaster mask that I wore years ago, which worked to hide my face, now my identity was at least somewhat obscured.

The Boat Graveyard wasn't all that far away, just a couple of minutes. And once I got there? I'd be able to actually test out my powers… I felt a little bit of excitement at that prospect.
_____

Alright everyone, that was Chapter 2. Hope you enjoyed it.

Next Chapter, we get to Taylor experimenting with her 'Arm Cannon'.

Also, if you have any suggestions for Taylor's Cape Name, feel free to pitch them.

Time to bully some boats. It's tradition for almost every powerful Alt!power Taylors out there. Surprise we never see the boats trigger with all that bullying.

Time to bully some boats. It's tradition for almost every powerful Alt!power Taylors out there. Surprise we never see the boats trigger with all that bullying.
I wonder if you could trick a younger shard into thinking for itself if you made it trigger a boat? Would be fun watching tiny child avatar being all confused on how to flesh.

Like this. So I'll be watching. Please, keep on writing!

Also, while I like this, I hope there's more to Taylor's new Megaman power than that. There are a lot of mods where Megaman gets different sets of powers, not just copying things. Like diving suits with harpoon guns, or swords and cards.

I barely remember the game, but Mega Ball has Megaman generate an explosive ball from his arm cannon that can be kicked at his enemies and bounce off walls into hard to reach areas before exploding. It takes some skills. And it's basically soccer. But Taylor could probably pick it up and throw it like a baseball if we're being free with the game mechanics.

Also, could Taylor just absorb her flesh so it dosen't pop? Just doing the growing in reverse. Because one scrap of skin in the wrong place and I can see the PRT trying to put Taylor into custody to protect her from self-inflicted harm.

As you can tell, i'm mostly enthusiastic about the future and power testing. No pressure.

... Bright shiny new red toaster?

Rush, is that you?

Edit with fridge thoughts/logic: Trump/Blaster power 'copier'... Rock generally adapts his copied powers, not perfectly duplicates, but that's still going to leave Taylor Woman VERY desirable to any group with force multiplication powers. Heck, even Uber and Leet.

Last edited:
I am loving this so far, by the way! I'm brainstorming/thinking about interactions with other characters; I mentioned Uber above, who would probably grant a more skill-based Gutsman like ability. Then I thought about Armsmaster and Efficiency, which led me to thinking about Dragon, and what Taylor Woman (My current nickname for this Taylor, feel free to advise on a better one) would get from her. Dragon's reverse engineering isn't terribly useful as a Blaster or Striker or Brute ability, but that got me thinking; Lots of depictions of Dragon have her core function being managing lots of smaller, simpler, household AI... kind of like a... Robot Master.... Hmmmm. Either way I love this. I love THINKING about this. This is fascinating, especially since so far at least, it seems to be just her arms? Which... Weird, but.... The depictions fit with Worm's grimderp canon tone. Anyway, thank you so much for this! Even if you never update again, I'm grateful for what we got.

03- Taylor Experiments with Herself.
Thankfully, it wasn't much of a walk to the Boat Graveyard. Only a couple of minutes before I arrived.

And it was pretty easy to find, due to the fact that the shipwrecked boats were able to be seen from streets away… if you're looking at the right angle.

There were what felt like a hundred massive rusted and half-sunk boats sitting in the coastline, alongside a fully sunken ship that was submerged with water.

This was the consequence of the Dockworker's Riots and the fact that since Leviathan emerged? Shipping became less and less lucrative, as the Endbringer destroyed a lot of important infrastructure that was used for the industry.

It was honestly a pretty depressing sight all things considered, and it didn't help that instead of taking the boats out of what was once known as Lord's Port… people just treated it as a sort of dumping ground.

Looking around, I saw old refrigerators, and other appliances along with small mountains of trash throughout the port… which was rather fitting for Brockton Bay, I guessed.

I slightly adjusted the Armsmaster mask that was on my face, as the wind had caused it to dig into my scar causing some irritation, as I walked further into the Boat Graveyard.

As I was walking through the Boat Graveyard, I shuddered as I saw several rats and massive bugs skittering through the piles of trash.

"Eww," I muttered to myself, as I eventually found a private enough area within the Boat Graveyard.

It was a small clearing that was practically surrounded by large mounds of trash on all sides that would make sure that people wouldn't be able to watch me. Perfect for me to experiment with my powers.

So, I took a moment to look around, and after seeing nobody nearby, I shifted my arm into its Arm Cannon form.

The flesh of my arm swiftly swelled, alongside the sleeve of my jacket until it let out a small pop and exploded everywhere.

"Ah god damn it" I swore, as I looked down and saw that the jacket's sleeve had been blown off with the transformation. Should've guessed that would have happened.

But whatever, I shouldn't focus on that… I should focus on testing my powers.

So, I looked to the nearest mound of trash, and with a single thought? I fired.

A small 'pew' sounded out, as a small ball of yellow light fired out of my arm cannon and hit the nearest mound of trash, sending cans, old trash bags, and various other miscellaneous items flying backward.

"Oh, well that's cool," I said with a slight smile that was obscured by my mask, as I turned around and started firing a few more times.

The blasts weren't all that powerful, but they seemed to be a decent enough ranged weapon. Capable of putting dents in steel, if the boat I shot was any indication.

This was good and all, but I felt that I could do more with this power of mine, so I aimed the blaster at one of the smaller boats within the Graveyard, and started the process of firing again.

But instead of just firing it instantly, I decided to let it 'charge' up a bit… the small ball of yellow light slowly but surely grew larger and more volatile.

It started sparking, and fluctuating wildly… until I released and fired the blast at the small boat.

PEW

A loud 'pew' sounded out this time, shattering some still intact glass bottles that were nearby as it collided with the boat.

Once it collided, there was a dazzlingly bright yellow light, and once I regained my vision, I saw that there was a massive hole in the middle of the boat.

I heard an ear-wrenching creak, and watched in shock as the boat slowly but surely split in half, and the two severed halves collapsed into the ocean with a resounding splash.

"...Well shit," I said to myself, as I looked at the Arm Cannon with a healthy amount of respect. That was… that was definitely a powerful attack.

Though it did take a while to properly charge up to get to that point… and it would probably kill someone if I hit them with it, wouldn't it?

"Definitely can't use that against people without a proper Brute Rating" I muttered to myself, as I looked at the damage that I had just done to the boat.

It was one of the smaller boats in the Graveyard, but that didn't mean that it was a small boat. That thing could've likely fit fifty people on it easily. Maybe more.

And I just split it in half with a single charged shot… then again, it was pretty rusted and likely due to break down sooner or later, so that definitely helped with it.

With that done, I then decided that it was time to try and experiment some more with my powers, trying to figure out every little thing that I could about them.

The first thing I decided to test, was if I could manipulate the blasts while they were mid-air… it would be immensely useful for taking down villains if I could do that, after all.

So I aimed my Arm Cannon and fired, trying to will the blast to move even a bit while it was soaring in the air.

But no matter how many times I tried, it wouldn't even fluctuate a bit. So that was a bit of a wash, but good to know anyway.

Kind of sucks that I won't be able to pull a Legend though. That would have been amazing. Being able to redirect the trajectory of my blasts mid-air and turning what was a missed attack into a surprising sneak attack would be so cool.

Next, I decided to see if my Arm Cannon could punch better than I could usually, so I went over to a nearby fridge, and smashed the shifted arm into it…

It dented the fridge slightly, which was neat. And it didn't hurt at all, at least.

With that, I also decided to punch it with my non-transformed arm, and saw that it left a far larger dent in the refrigerator…

So it seems that I was able to do more physical damage when I wasn't transformed. Good to know.

With that done, I then decided that it would be useful to know if I was able to fire blasts without transforming my arm.

That thought in mind, I pointed at the dented fridge with my non-transformed arm, and tried to will it to fire.

Surprisingly, it did… and I shot a small ball of yellow light at the refrigerator. It didn't seem to do any real damage, so I fired a few more times, until there was a small dent.

It seemed that while I could shoot in my non-transformed state, it'd be more efficient to just shift my arms into their Cannon forms to actually do damage. Could probably be good for subtle combat, though.

That finished, I then thought something… just how far can I shoot one of my shots?

So, I moved somewhere that had a good view of most of the ocean and just fired a normal shot…

I watched as the blast flew, and flew… and flew some more.

…I don't think that's going to stop any time soon.

"Range… yes" I muttered to myself, as the blast left my eyeline. Hopefully, that wouldn't hit anything.

Having finished that idea, a new one popped up into my head.

"Could I fly?" I asked myself, as I looked at my Arm Cannon in curiosity…

It was a fairly simple thing to test, as I made sure to roll up my remaining sleeve and transform my arm, watching as the flesh in my arm popped off, as the second Arm Cannon manifested itself.

Then, I just aimed both towards the nearest boat, and fired a couple of normal shots, which pelted the metal frame of the ship, denting it somewhat but not much else.

Seeing that they would just fire normally even with both out… I aimed downwards and fired a quick blast from each hand, and for a few short moments? I soared into the air.

I could see nearly all of Brockton Bay from up above, getting a bird's eye view of the Boat Graveyard… even as ugly as it was, it was still a breathtaking sight.

But then gravity decided to rear its head, and I started to fall downwards, causing my eyes to widen as I flailed wildly in the air.

Looking down, I saw that I'd likely fall onto the ground below… and I wasn't comfortable enough with my durability to even think I could survive that fall.

"Shit shit shit!" I nearly screamed, as I fired another blast mid-air which launched me to the side, and I landed into a large heap of thankfully mostly soft garbage…

I slowly but surely got out, somewhat sore but still alive, and looked down only to see that my clothes were practically drenched with trash water. Gross.

"Guess flying's not on the table," I said, frowning underneath my mask. Guess I won't be able to fly like Alexandria after all.

At least it kind of worked, maybe it could be useful as some sort of emergency escape?

So, with that, I finally decided to see if I could double up on my power, if I fired with both Arm Cannons at once.

I knew from my flight test that I could fire them normally, so I instead decided that it was time to do a… 'Charge Shot' with either arm, charging the blasts as much as I possibly could.

I watched as the two balls of yellow light began to fluctuate and shift wildly, before clashing with each other… for a moment, I was scared that they would just explode on impact, but my worries were for nothing as I watched them shift and combine with each other.

The two lights began to change until I had a large ball of green light in the middle of both of my Arm Cannons.

A few moments later, I decided to fire it off at the largest of the ships…

PEW!

I watched as the fused charged blast detonated in a massive explosion, destroying a good half of the ship nearly instantly, and causing windows in the surrounding area to shatter nearly instantly.

With that done, I quickly started to collect all of the flesh that I had 'shed' throughout the experimentation session…

But as I was doing so, I heard sirens go off, causing me to quickly start running away.

Whatever flesh that I didn't grab, I just hid under the various piles of trash. Hopefully, the rats would enjoy their treat… and don't get a hunger for human flesh.

"Oh fuck" I muttered to myself, as I decided to quickly make myself scarce. I did not want to deal with whoever was going to check this out.

I heard the sound of a motorbike's engine revving just as I left the Boat Graveyard. Luckily I had just barely managed to miss whoever that was.

With that, I shifted my hands back to normal, and watched as the flesh regrew on my arms, put the mask and my jacket that was now without one of its sleeves back into my bag, and I decided to head back home. This was enough experimentation for one day, after all.
_____

And that's the chapter. I sincerely hope that you all enjoyed it.

That, was fantastic. Double Charged Buster Shots are nothing to sneeze at, even for the toughest bosses in the games. Thank you again!

Taylor has inbuilt Dakka, i pity whoever experiences it first hand.

Last edited:
"Range… yes" I muttered to myself, as the blast left my eyeline. Hopefully, that wouldn't hit anything.
Dragon: "Colin are you there? Some energy projectile just came from Brockton Bay and hit the Simurgh in the wing. It seemed shocked and and scared and immediately changed orbit to be on the other side of the earth in relation to Brockton Bay."

04- Taylor's in a Rush.
On the way back home, I made sure to put the bits of flesh that I managed to grab into various bins throughout Brockton Bay…

With that all done, I quickly decided to take another bus back home. I got a couple of odd looks due to the left sleeve of my shirt being ripped, and being covered in bits of wet trash… but nobody confronted me over it, at the very least.

As soon as I got to the house, I grabbed the spare key that was hidden underneath a false stone that was hidden inside of a bush, and unlocked the door.

Quickly locking it behind me, I went straight to the laundry, where I then stripped all of my clothes other than my underwear, and made sure there take the grime off of them before throwing them into the washing machine alongside my jacket.

I watched the washing machine for a few moments, as it hummed to life and started to wash my clothes. I still can't believe that I had to get all the way back home in those clothes.

They were absolutely disgusting to walk in, as every single step had let out a small squelching sound somewhere throughout the outfit, and it had an atrocious smell as well. I'm definitely going to have to bring spare clothes next time I go out.

Then, I walked into the bathroom, and made sure to get a good look at myself in the mirror for a few moments.

What I saw in the reflection was a tall and lanky girl, with nearly deathly pale skin and a long thin scar going from my temple all the way to my left eyebrow, then there was my dirty long curly hair, ruined by the trash from earlier… even the underwear I was wearing was stained somewhat, my tan bra having a brownish stain on it.

Sighing at the stain, I then took my underwear off and put it in the basket before hopping into the shower. The hot water splashing against my body was honestly a relief from the previous cold I was feeling, from walking around Brockton Bay in damp clothes.

After a few moments in the shower, I proceeded to practically lather soap all over my body, making sure to get as much of that awful stench off of me.

But even after what felt like half an hour of constant lathering, rinsing, and repeating? I finally felt like I was actually clean

So with that, I decided to relax in the shower for a little bit. Just letting the water run down my naked body, as I tried to think of a good Hero name for myself…

'Rock Gal?... No, that doesn't really sound right' I thought to myself, idly humming as I started to wash my hair, grabbing a bottle of shampoo and tenderly rubbing it throughout my hair.

'What about MegaByte?... That's in the maybe pile if I can't come up with anything else.'

'Mega-Girl? No. Maybe… Mecha-Girl? On second thought? No, that doesn't really sound good. How about… Armscannon? It sounds like I'd be a knock-off Armsmaster, no… Mechashift? It doesn't sound too bad, and it's in reference to the fact that I can shift my arms into a mechanical state… maybe'

I continued to wash my hair, rinsing out the shampoo, and grabbing some hair conditioner.

'What about Machina? In reference to Deus Ex Machina… the God from the Machine, a term originating from Greek Theater…' I thought to myself, as I made sure that the hair product wouldn't get into my eyes.

Soon, I finished washing my hair, and stayed in the shower for a couple more minutes before eventually deciding to stop it.

"Machina, huh? That doesn't sound bad…" I muttered to myself as I stepped out of the shower, shuddering slightly at the sudden chill before grabbing the nearest towel.

I slowly but surely made sure to clean myself with the towel, from my hair all the way to my feet… with that, I then returned to my bedroom and put on a new outfit.

What I put on was just a regular grey shirt and some brown pants, but they were pretty comfortable, and then grabbed my hair dryer to dry my hair.

But as I grabbed it, I noticed something strange… it wasn't my usual hair dryer that I'd been using for the past year.

Instead, it was a bright red hair dryer with what seemed like little pink dog ears on its side, and various buttons all over it, each for different drying options… it seemed surprisingly advanced for just a hair dryer.

This was honestly way too similar to the toaster from earlier today. And while once is happenstance, twice is enemy action… or something like that.

"What the hell are you?" I asked, as I examined the hair dryer that was in my hand.

It was covered in various different buttons, with heating and cooling options that had dials for the strength of the functions… but then there were other buttons and dials for 'blowing' and 'sucking'. Which were strange to see.

But as I was looking at the strange hair dryer, I noticed something else… a small metallic dog-like tail that was wagging at the bottom of the handle.

"Oh, what the hell!?" I shouted as I dropped the hair dryer in shock, but once it fell onto the floor it… started to shift and change, transforming before my very eyes.

What was once a hair dryer had quickly transformed into a bright red robotic dog, it had bright expressive blue eyes and a brown nose, and had a red helmet on top of its head, a pair of happily twitching pink ears, and its red body had a small white spot on the center, a wagging white metallic tail, along with white upper legs, pink lower legs, and red paws.

I looked at the strange… Tinker-tech Dog in front of me, as my right arm instinctually transformed into an Arm Cannon, and aimed it at the robotic canine.

"What are you and why are you here?" I practically demanded, as I watched the dog, waiting for it to make any sort of threatening move… but instead, it just tilted its head in confusion as it panted happily, its tail wagging faster.

"Hi Taylor, it's nice to meet you, I'm Rush!" The dog said, as it ran over to me, panting happily as it started licking at my legs, "And I'm a robot dog here to aid you in your every need!"

"...Okay," I said, honestly still pretty startled by the whole 'there being a Tinker-tech dog in my room' thing, "Who made you?"

"I was made by my wonderful creator, the Robo-Master!" The dog… Rush exclaimed cheerfully, as it ran around my legs.

"Okay- I mean alright-... never mind. Just who is Robo-Master?" I asked, mostly because this was getting kind of weird. Why would a Tinker make a robot dog to assist me?... I wasn't anything special.

"Sorry Taylor, but I am not allowed to tell anyone the identity of Robo-Master, even if my ownership is designated to you," Rush said, and surprisingly? It seemed like it was actually saddened to say that, its ears drooping slightly as the robotic dog looked upwards to meet my eyeline.

"Uh, there there? It's alright?" I said as I awkwardly patted the robotic dog on its helmeted head, the metal was cool to the tough and somewhat reminded me of my own arms…

Rush didn't even respond, as it just leaned into my touch, its tail wagging even harder as it craned its neck to look up at me.

A few moments later, I eventually stopped petting the robot dog, causing it to let out a small whine, as I sat at the edge of my bed. Rush joined me by quickly jumping up on it and sitting by my side, like an actual dog.

"So… what am I supposed to do with you?" I asked, because honestly? I have no idea what to do in this situation. So I might as well let the robot give me some suggestions.

"Well, I am capable of transforming into a plethora of different forms, from simple household appliances, to vehicles that could allow you to have a wonderous superheroic career, Taylor Hebert!" Rush said excitedly, as it laid its head on my lap, a small smile on its face as it looked up at me.

"...What do you mean by that?" I nearly demanded, as I looked down at the robotic dog that somehow seemed to know that I had powers.

"I was created to assist you in everything, Taylor Hebert. When you left the house at 9:30 AM, I assumed an inconspicuous form and followed you into The Lord's Port, currently called The Boat Graveyard. I stood guard as you tested your newfound abilities, ensuring that nobody would happen to you! I was being a good boy!" Rush said happily, as its tail wagged at a rapid pace, hitting me in the side a couple of times.

Okay, so the dog seemed to actually know that I had powers, and I couldn't exactly get rid of it. Not without whoever the Tinker was that made it likely being alerted if it got destroyed.

So, instead I would have to… deal with it just being around me. At least it could be kind of useful?

"Yeah Rush, you were being a really good boy," I said with a tight smile, as I scratched the robotic dog behind the ear.

"Woohoo!" Rush cheered as it got off of my lap and started to run around my room, thankfully not hitting or breaking anything. I don't know how I'd be able to explain anything broken to Dad, after all.

With that all done, I heard a loud beeping noise, it was a familiar sound, so I walked to the laundry and found that the washing machine had stopped, having finished its load. I then grabbed all of the wet clothes and placed them into the dryer.

I watched as the clothes tumbled within the clothes dryer for a few moments, before returning to my room, where I saw Rush had taken on a new form…

The robotic dog had transformed into a sort of motorcycle… it was a one-seated red and pink bike with Rush's head fully out, showing anyone who saw it that it was controlled by the robotic dog.

"Tada! This is my Rush Bike form! With this, we can catch all the villains in no time!" Rush said excitedly, as it drove around my bedroom, careful not to break anything.

…Yeah, this could definitely be a useful partnership indeed.

"Alright Rush, this will be amazing for when we're heroes, uh buddy… also call me Machina when I'm in costume, alright?" I asked as the robotic dog bike skidded to a stop in front of me.

"Of course! Designation changed to Machina when in 'costume'. Do you have anything else that you want, Taylor?" Rush asked happily, as it rode around me.

"...Not at the moment buddy. Uh, do you have anywhere to hide when Dad comes home?" I asked, as the robotic canine tilted its head.

"Yes. I could disguise myself as a simple household appliance. Perhaps the toaster?" Rush asked, causing me to nod in agreement.

"That would probably work. Uh, what happened to my hair dryer anyway?" I asked, as I looked at Rush, who was looking away slightly.

"It was used as spare parts for a project two weeks ago by my Robo-Master," Rush said with a chagrined expression on its face.

"...Noted" I muttered, as I tried to figure out just how the hell this random Cape had access to my house. Was he stalking me or something? Should I put a restraining order out on this guy or girl?

…Can I even get a restraining order on a Cape?
____

And that's Chapter 4. I hope that you all enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it!

Rush has arrived, and I've decided to grant him the ability to transform into household appliances alongside his various vehicle forms. Purely because I thought it'd be fun.

Also, I
wonder who this mysterious Robo-Master is. It's such a mystery that you'll never be able to guess it in a million years.

If not for "In which Taylor Hebert Triggers with another power... and it's pretty Mega, man." I'd think she hadn't triggered at all.

Yeah it… really seems like Danny is the tinker, but I guess it could have been Taylor? She just… wiped part of her memories maybe?

Man she rushed that name.

so the way i see it there a three possibilities, the first two are pretty similar.

1- Taylor was in a coma as a result of her head injury, Danny triggered and turned her into a robot to save her.

B- Taylor DIED as a result of her head injury, Danny triggered and took a page out of Dr. Tenma's book and built a robo-Taylor.

Tres- Dr. Light got isekaid into worm and has decided to help Taylor become a hero.

i personally like option tres.

Also yay! the goodiest robo boy is here!!

Last edited:
Option four: Wily's in town. Their rivalry is what gives him motivation in life!

... In which case, EVERYONE OUT OF THE COSMOLOGY.

Back