Rules for the thread

Collinw105

God's weakest spicy food enjoyer
Pronouns
Him
Exactly what it says in the title today we will turn earth into a deathworld. Now i know what your thinking "How are we gonna do that?" fear not dear viewer because i have a set of rules in place for us all

1. we will have to start at a certain time period like say the 19th century or further back it can be any time period we can start at don't worry

2. you can add in your own mutant species like say the faunus from rwby or the locusts from gears of war

3. be thoughtful of your creations

4. don't bring any news,politics,self promotions,etc into the thread

5. no time travel or cthulu bullshit for the love of god but you can go for lovecrfatian elements

6. omakes or stories are allowed

7. be nice and respectful

8. try to have fun

anywho let the madness begin

Last edited:
Is this going to be a joined world?

1. we will have to start at a certain time period like say the 19th century or further back it can be any time period we can start at don't worry

How about we start in the the year 1000 was the year of the apocalypse according to Pope Sylvester II. And it happened as thus as Steven the first was crowned as the first christian king of Hungary this year, and gained the title king of the apocalypse. I imagine that something like this will halt the spread of Christianity in that direction
this all happened in an unusually warm period for a number of year, this was to the advantage of the Europeans as it was good for the harvest. But what if something like our global warming would start in that period, causing desserts to expand and storms to become more fierce ruining harvests.

C: Add a mad science virus that turns people into supervillains with a penchant for unleashing uncontrolled giant clockpunk robots and monsters into the general area. That'll deathworld the place pretty darn quick.

Is this going to be a joined world?

How about we start in the the year 1000 was the year of the apocalypse according to Pope Sylvester II. And it happened as thus as Steven the first was crowned as the first christian king of Hungary this year, and gained the title king of the apocalypse. I imagine that something like this will halt the spread of Christianity in that direction
this all happened in an unusually warm period for a number of year, this was to the advantage of the Europeans as it was good for the harvest. But what if something like our global warming would start in that period, causing desserts to expand and storms to become more fierce ruining harvests.
hmmm i like the early global warming part

One possibility would be a species of algae evolving that produces chlorine as well as oxygen in the process of photosynthesis. The result being that we end up living through a chlorine version of the Great Oxygenation Event that killed off most of the life existing at the time. A world where the atmosphere is progressively becoming burn-your-lungs-out levels of toxic strikes me as a pretty good death world scenario.

One possibility would be a species of algae evolving that produces chlorine as well as oxygen in the process of photosynthesis. The result being that we end up living through a chlorine version of the Great Oxygenation Event that killed off most of the life existing at the time. A world where the atmosphere is progressively becoming burn-your-lungs-out levels of toxic strikes me as a pretty good death world scenario.
J: Big problem there is that there just isn't anywhere near enough Chlorine bound up in Earth's rocks and hydrosphere to do that. The Oxygen Catastrophe was possible because Oxygen is in fact a really absurdly common element, just not in isolated elemental form at the time.

im thinking making earth into something along the lines of Rwby or catachan from warhammer 40k

Take everything up to Australia level.

In Australia, Eucalyptus trees purposefully grow as flammable as possible to kill their competition.

J: Big problem there is that there just isn't anywhere near enough Chlorine bound up in Earth's rocks and hydrosphere to do that. The Oxygen Catastrophe was possible because Oxygen is in fact a really absurdly common element, just not in isolated elemental form at the time.
On the contrary chlorine is quite common, especially in the oceans. Not as common as oxygen but still quite common.

Because of its great reactivity, all chlorine in the Earth's crust is in the form of ionic chloride compounds, which includes table salt. It is the second-most abundant halogen (after fluorine) and twenty-first most abundant chemical element in Earth's crust. These crustal deposits are nevertheless dwarfed by the huge reserves of chloride in seawater.
There's enough chlorine to make the oceans salty; released as a gas that should be more than enough to render the atmosphere toxic.

If we are taking harmful elements out of the ocean how about throwing the oxygen into the air as well. This will iincrease the viability of creatures breathing without lungs. Like gaint insects.
This may create some 'dead spots' as a side effect.

Back