I'll take a look at this, we'll see what happens when it comes around to Wednesday afternoon.

Next one is coming up and no vote for this one, suggestions only unless I can come up with something really good.

EDIT: Guns and Ships is really good. I won't do the whole thing but I'll definitely give Lafayette's parts a shot. I can't sing well enough to pull off the ending bits that Christopher Jackson does. I have no illusions about being anywhere near that good, maybe I could to a not completely bad flat version without most of the rising and falling notes.

Last edited:
Guns and Ships
Alright, you guys challenged me so it's time to put my money where my mouth is.
That's all you're getting you bastards. I spent 3 hours trying to get this right and I cannot get it to sound right to my ears so fuck all of you this is what you get.

17 OCT 2017 EDIT: You lucky sons of guns, I'm doing this on my birthday. Mostly because I'm bored so it's not like it's work.

In any case I think version is slightly better than the last version though the mic is probably worse.

Last edited:
In general or in one song in particular?

I sang Bury Me Not quite a bit deeper than I usually speak.
Try practice on Gilbert and Sullivan? They tend to be the proto-rap, I think. Possibly With Catlike Tread, and work your way up until you can do Modern Major General

So I've decided that I'll be doing something on Thursday this week. No vote this time because I have an idea or two but feel free to throw suggestions my way if you have something you really want to hear me sing.

So I've decided that I'll be doing something on Thursday this week. No vote this time because I have an idea or two but feel free to throw suggestions my way if you have something you really want to hear me sing.
So it turns out this was a dirty lie.

On the other hand this thursday is actually free for me so another 3 days for suggestions!

Going out Fighting
This one was a bit weird to do. The original song is really heavy on the guitars but at the same time it doesn't entirely rely on them to carry the song.

17 OCT 2017 EDIT: First try using my phone instead of my headset mic to record myself singing, I think it's an improvement although it's much more sensitive so I my breathing is noticeable again.

Last edited:
Hoist the Colours
Welp. A bit sad to see no feedback on that one but not everything can be popular. I admit it probably isn't my best work either.

Anyway watched Curse of the Black Pearl again and got inspired.

Interesting note: I recorded this lying in bed at quarter after midnight.

17 OCT 2017 EDIT: Well, I wasn't laying in bed at 1am when I recorded it this time. I like to think that'll show in some improved quality.

Last edited:
THE RETURN!
So yeah, this was a thing that kinda got dropped. I don't actually remember why but it did, and apparently the old ones no longer work properly (thanks to @XenaC for telling me).

In any case, fuck it let's try this again. I will be updating all of the current threadmarks with re-recorded versions that shouldn't have any longevity problems and may or may not be doing something new sometime in the coming week.

Blackheart
And that's all the current songs updated to a more modern standard! Huzzah, to celebrate I'm gonna release something.

So, a couple of years ago my uncle was in a band called The Turncoats. I dunno how many cd's they put out but I've got one and it's very much the style of music I enjoy, which I've seen called "western rockabilly" and "alt-country". This particular song isn't too far in either of those genres and instead is one of the quieter songs on the cd.

If you wanna hear it done with instrumentals and by a much more talented singer than me find yourself a copy of Teeth like a Chainsaw by The Turncoats because I love just about every song on it to pieces. Apple and Spotify both have it as well as a couple of other places you can find with a quick google search.

Last edited:
The bad ideas don't stop.
It's back baby!

I don't know why, but it is. Depending on whether or not I get this weekend off we'be got a couple possibilities.

Throw your votes in now and see what happens.

It's back baby!

I don't know why, but it is. Depending on whether or not I get this weekend off we'be got a couple possibilities.

Throw your votes in now and see what happens.

I WANNA KNOW!?!?

HAVE YOU EVER SANG CCR?

Skellige Winds
By a grand total of one vote here and one vote from somebody on discord it's a deadlock. I went with Skellige because fuck it I wanted to sing it a bit more today.

Not my best work, but I can only breathe out of one nostril and have a bunch of crap in my throat so I'll take it as good enough.

Still haven't found a way for the mic to avoid picking up my breathing. Something to keep track of for next time.

Last edited:
Back