I'm honestly not super sold on the utility of the trees and necroshroom.

I think I found the disconnect, it's here:
whereas the generators are 5+ apiece.

Because this is not really true, see, the thing to remember is that:

-one, the tree is very much a cost effective asset, as most of of its biomass is stuck on hiding, to the point where even I am thinking of recycling it now that it did a demonstration of what it was thought for (proving that we can gain more from photosynthesis by placing it on the roof), we did actually get to see one that was more concentrated once and it gave about 1 biomass a day for about around 4 biomass if I remember correctly, and that was while not doing actions that would make it better

-two, the effect is not going to be linear, we were told that we can compound on words and that using the correct actions would make words more effective, here, we are placing a carrion eater with hydroponics and roots in a sewer, I very much expect it to give way more biomass than you seem to think

-and finally, three, the patrol is subject to more external factors, if Sabrina's mother isn't there for whatever reason? One less biomass, if the boxing ring is having problems? One less biomass. If we ends up being researched and need to use a new form to interact? Both biomass are lost.

Given all that, I want to learn more about how to be independent when it comes to making our own biomass, and hit that exponential curve as soon as possible to pass the bottleneck of being stuck to acting semi locally due to lack of biomass, remember, the QM herself implied that we're meant to be able to go global, and things like the patrol cannot sustain such a situation, so it is logical to think that the tools we had from the beginning can, hence me wanting to develop better generators.

We are at the beginning of the knowledge needed when it comes to making them, I want to experiment and learn more, it is very clear that the world's not going to wait for us, so we need to work on it instead of constantly putting it to tomorrow.

Edit:

I think another part of the disconnect is that you may be thinking of the generators in the context of a social game, whereas I'm thinking about them in the context of a rts, in the social context, they take place and don't help much, in the rts context, they are the thing you want yesterday and always more of, because it fuels all the rest.

As I said, I do not want two biomass a turn via patrol, I want that plus whatever generators we can get, plus some other actions that gives biomass, two biomass a turn is just not enough long term if we want to really intervene on more than a personal level.

My comment about getting pur own nationstate at some point was not an idle one, that's basically one of my goals, the local government is clearly corrupt, let's overthrow it. I do not expect to do it soon, but I do expect it.

Last edited:
The need for cloaking/disguise keywords is part of the total cost as they are what allows the photosynthesis to operate where it does to begin with.

If i remember it was something like 1 keyword for 1biomass/week, another to cut that in half, another for 1/day? At some point though I imagine we'll run up against a cap. There's only so much energy in x square feet or x volume of waste. Regardless, I'm all for trying things out, for sure. I'm just not sure that it's worth prioritizing over social interaction and the potential long term benefits therein.

and finally, three, the patrol is subject to more external factors, if Sabrina's mother isn't there for whatever reason? One less biomass, if the boxing ring is having problems? One less biomass. If we ends up being researched and need to use a new form to interact? Both biomass are lost.

I thought it was 1 from dumpster diving, 1 from buying food with pay, and 1 occasionally from Sabrina's mom?

Edit: the pay is going to martin, nvm

Last edited:
The need for cloaking/disguise keywords is part of the total cost as they are what allows the photosynthesis to operate where it does to begin with.

The fact that we need cloaking word to not be seen is why I call the tree not cost effective, the same tree with only the words for growth is two words! Two words out of five! Since nobody wants it to be seen, that's why I am thinking of recycling it next turn, after it gives its biomass, so that the excess words can be used more effectively.

I'm just not sure that it's worth prioritizing over social interaction and the potential long term benefits therein.

As I pointed out, I think we benefit more on the social side too by having one more girl on our side more easily to be able to help convince the one that is most important for us and the most recalcitrant, who is as well as the one who gave the power to all the others.

Assure this turn to help the next.

At some point though I imagine we'll run up against a cap. There's only so much energy in x square feet or x volume of waste.

There probably will be a cap when it comes to the size/biomass gained ratio, but it will almost certainly be more cost effective than things like patrolling right now IMO, we are a magical bio horror, we definitely cheat when it comes to this sort of things.

Edit:

So, had some ideas and am going to add them:

First, another argument for my plan is that this way, since I am thinking pf removing the tree next turn, we'll have enough biomass to do the *three spies* idea more easily while still keeping the shrooms, and we'll have some new informations from the girl we'll have seen this turn to tailor the asset we send to her.

Second, I had an idea about writing a little nega quest of if we had decided to show our core this turn, since this idea interest me less and less with time, might as well have fun with it, will probably write it once I'm no longer on my phone. Quotes are way easier on PC.

Edit2:

Am now on my PC... annnnnnndddddd, I lost my inspiration for the nega quest, too bad, I wanted to brighten the atmosphere.

Last edited:
[x] Plan: All your base are belong to us, Patrol version.

Perhaps we can make a unit using keywords to help it spread and it makes it stay normalization effect basically making everything seen in that area seem to be perfectly normal nothing out with me ordinary you really shouldn't be thinking about it that much though we do we need to add like something on our core and make sure we're unaffected
Adhoc vote count started by Tarumath on May 20, 2023 at 9:20 AM, finished with 43 posts and 6 votes.

• [x] Plan: Spy Triplets
    -[x] Recycle Underground Ghost
    -[x] Remove Refresh from Super-Spy
    -[x] Replace Fast by Convincing on Super-Spy
    -[x] Add Shapeshifter and Diplomat to Super-spy
    -[x] Add Exponential Growth to our Core
    -[x] Create new asset: Necroshroom
    --[x] Keywords: Roots, Saprotrophic, Refresh, Fungal, Hydroponic, Explosive Growth
    -[x] Spread yourself to *Your Tunnels* in the underground.
    -[x] Send Alibi Spy to patrol your streets.
    -[x] Send Super-Spy to discuss with Sylvia in the School Theater.
    --[x] Explain a little of your situation to her and try to get to know her a bit in return. You are not a very normal person, but you do have normal parts to your life too. You work a normal job and get paid in normal money! You live in an normal (abandoned) building and talk to normal people every day!
    -[x] Necrohroom goes root itself in the sewers

Perhaps we can make a unit using keywords to help it spread and it makes it stay normalization effect basically making everything seen in that area seem to be perfectly normal nothing out with me ordinary you really shouldn't be thinking about it that much though we do we need to add like something on our core and make sure we're unaffected

That's already pretty close to what the tree is doing unfortunately, it has an Somebody Else Problem Field, the forgotten keyword and a perception filter, we already knows what these words give, and while I do think they absolutely do do their job, and am thinking of using them on an asset for our raid against Hermann (that's a pretty good kind of word for a scout, for example), they take too much words on a generating unit.

However, I had an idea I would like to try in the couple next turns: make an asset with *numerous* and *hive*... and another, and another, just to see if it does something.

But second priority is to convincing Laurie and Kari next turn, so it will probably have to wait.

Edit:

Oh, and your tally is not the latest one, it doesn't have your vote, here's the latest tally:

Adhoc vote count started by Nyarky on May 20, 2023 at 2:18 PM, finished with 46 posts and 7 votes.

• [x] Plan: All your base are belong to us, Patrol version.
    --[x] Keywords: Roots, Saprotrophic, Refresh, Fungal, Hydroponic, Explosive Growth
    --[x] Explain a little of your situation to her and try to get to know her a bit in return. You are not a very normal person, but you do have normal parts to your life too. You work a normal job and get paid in normal money! You live in an normal (abandoned) building and talk to normal people every day!
    [x] Plan: Spy Triplets

Last edited:
The fact that we need cloaking word to not be seen is why I call the tree not cost effective, the same tree with only the words for growth is two words! Two words out of five! Since nobody wants it to be seen, that's why I am thinking of recycling it next turn, after it gives its biomass, so that the excess words can be used more effectively.
I feel like adding one or two keywords to the tree would being it in line with what you're arguing for with fixed generator assets? Three hiding keywords might be excessive, so maybe swap one of those, add in another photosynthesis keyword, and maybe light manipulation or lensing to increase the amount of light that can be gathered and we might have an asset which gives us a better return on investment. Add in a lookout/observation keyword and it will provide some additional utility on top.
@JayTar 's vote isn't filled in atm, so we'd be tied I think.

I feel like adding one or two keywords to the tree would being it in line with what you're arguing for with fixed generator assets? Three hiding keywords might be excessive, so maybe swap one of those, add in another photosynthesis keyword, and maybe light manipulation or lensing to increase the amount of light that can be gathered and we might have an asset which gives us a better return on investment. Add in a lookout/observation keyword and it will provide some additional utility on top.

Adding words to it tends to feel like an uphill battle every time, I'd rather concentrate on the shrooms if they're effective since there's less fear of them being found, we'll see how that goes, first we'll see which vote wins.

Just for reference the keywords we have that gain biomass are:

(Photosynthesis) 1 Biomass every two weeks
(Bountiful on asset) reduce the time left until you gain biomass by half
(Bountiful on core) increase the effect of any passive gains within those areas
(Roots) gain biomass from the ground…if it stays in the same place
(Saprotrophic) Anyways, you can eat the wood. And mostly any kind of rotting organic matter

Notably Photosynthesis also doubles the biomass gain when in sunlight. However we have not had our necroshroom sit on spot long enough to activate Roots.

I will also note that there doesn't seem to be any reason we can't make more than one of the same asset. So while 2 biomass per turn per patrol is much better than any single production asset. We could eventually spam the production assets while we can only ever do one patrol per region.

One thing that occurs to me is that if we could find an actual park some place and plant a tree with roots. It would probably generate biomass like crazy.

Last edited:
I will also note that there doesn't seem to be any reason we can't make more than one of the same asset. So while 2 biomass per turn per patrol is much better than any single production asset. We could eventually spam the production assets while we can only ever do one patrol per region.

Exactly! And that's part of why I want to begin getting them online, that and the fact that I feel like we are in a *linear warriors, quadratic wizards* situation, except the Warrior is logarithmic instead of linear.

The more biomass giving words we put on one asset, the more profitable it gets, whereas, as you say, we can only patrol one time per region, and this patrol may not even give biomass depending of the region (the underground is not likely to give two biomas each patrol, for example).

Because this is not really true, see, the thing to remember is that:

-one, the tree is very much a cost effective asset, as most of of its biomass is stuck on hiding, to the point where even I am thinking of recycling it now that it did a demonstration of what it was thought for (proving that we can gain more from photosynthesis by placing it on the roof), we did actually get to see one that was more concentrated once and it gave about 1 biomass a day for about around 4 biomass if I remember correctly, and that was while not doing actions that would make it better

-two, the effect is not going to be linear, we were told that we can compound on words and that using the correct actions would make words more effective, here, we are placing a carrion eater with hydroponics and roots in a sewer, I very much expect it to give way more biomass than you seem to think

-and finally, three, the patrol is subject to more external factors, if Sabrina's mother isn't there for whatever reason? One less biomass, if the boxing ring is having problems? One less biomass. If we ends up being researched and need to use a new form to interact? Both biomass are lost.

Given all that, I want to learn more about how to be independent when it comes to making our own biomass, and hit that exponential curve as soon as possible to pass the bottleneck of being stuck to acting semi locally due to lack of biomass, remember, the QM herself implied that we're meant to be able to go global, and things like the patrol cannot sustain such a situation, so it is logical to think that the tools we had from the beginning can, hence me wanting to develop better generators.

We are at the beginning of the knowledge needed when it comes to making them, I want to experiment and learn more, it is very clear that the world's not going to wait for us, so we need to work on it instead of constantly putting it to tomorrow.
So I also think of the biomass generation in a sort of RTS way, but I think your assumptions are off here. I think of things in the terms of "resource nodes". If we want to generate biomass (efficiently at least) we need to tap some sort of external source. Each node has different requirements to tap.

Thing is, our patrol route is a very efficient resource node. It only requires an asset with 2 biomass to tap, and always generates at least 2 biomass each turn. It also has other benefits like letting us keep appraised of events in our area, and keep up our attendance record at work. While in theory it could be disrupted by external factors, we haven't seen any evidence of such happening yet and if said external factors are going to happen then we likely would want to know.

So patrolling effectively fully pays for it's self every turn. While eventually other methods of biomass generation may beat it out on volume, I doubt they will ever beat it on efficiency. Not unless they use a similarly limited "resource node" like patrolling an area.

(I'll note that we haven't been getting biomass from Sabrina's mother most of the turns. It's one biomass from dumpster diving, one from the food which we share with Martin, and occasionally a third from Sabrina's mother. We have never gotten less then two so far.)

The best we ever got the Kudzu was 1 biomass every 2 days, and it had 5 keywords (though I guess only 4 of them came from biomass)
Name: Kudzu
Keywords: Photosynthetic, Growing, Bountiful, Productive, Refresh
It is March 27th, 1923. You will gain one biomass every two days (March 28th). Your current goals are to find someone who needs help, and help them, to investigate Herman's Theater of the Soul, and to close the Poster Portal (Time Limit: Ten Years). Your current Available Biomass is 1.

Given the sheer efficiency and other benefits keeping up patrolling just makes sense to me. I do want to to experiment with other sources of biomass generation, but considering everything else we are doing feel it can wait one turn. Approaching more then one girl at once is going to be vital to resolving the situation quickly.

Anyway, being reminded of Sabrina's mother perhaps we should update her on the situation? As far as she knows Sabrina just vanished. We might actually be able get some advice from her on what to say to the magical girls too! Plus she knows Sabrina better. And we are uh, kind of signing Sabrina up for a lot with the whole "Community service" plan.

[X] Plan: Spy Triplets
-[X] Recycle Underground Ghost
-[X] Recycle Architect
-[X] Remove Fast, Stalwart from Super-Spy

-[X] Add Exponential Growth, Empathetic, Stalwart, Disguise to our Core
-[X] Create an asset: Twin Spy
--[X] keywords: Humanoid, Disguise, Trustworthy
-[X] Add Magical Healer, Doctor to Super Spy

-[X] Spread yourself to *Your Tunnels* in the underground.
-[X] Send Super Spy to discuss with Laurie in the Back-Alley Market
--[X] You noticed she wasn't looking very well. You could try to heal her if she is okay with it?
--[X] Talk with her about her brother. You want to understand how things were between him and Sabrina, and why she blames Sabrina for what happened to him. You heard he had a journal?
--[X] Talk with her about Sabrina. Maybe you could talk to Sabrina about her brother? You doubt Sabrina would be happy to hear he died either. You know you aren't unbiased, but the Sabrina you know is not some unfeeling monster.
--[X] Talk with her about Martin, how he got addicted out of the government's fault, then left to rot. About how Sabrina was the one helping him. A poor solution yes, but the only one she had. How every day where she's not there to give them what they crave is one more day where they may decide to go to a dealer that is more willing to exploit them? How there are other young people like her that may see their sibling go through withdrawal and could even decide to blame her for it even if it's not true?
--[X] Yes, Sabrina should pay for her crimes, but the guards aren't interested in that, they just want to make examples, never thinking about the people they hurt on the way. Sabrina can pay for her crimes by helping those she hurts get better, by working for them, we are not asking Laurie to forgive her, we are asking her to allow the others that are suffering to also be helped.
--[X] Yes you could try to do it without her, but it's not just convenience. Time could be lives.

-[X] Send Twin Spy to discuss with Sylvia in the School Theater.
--[X] Explain a little of your situation to her and try to get to know her a bit in return. You are not a very normal person, but you do have normal parts to your life too. You work a normal job and get paid in normal money! You live in an normal (abandoned) building and talk to normal people every day!

-[X] Patrol Your Street with Alibi Spy
--[X] Stop by Sabrina's mother early and update her on the situation. She doesn't need to worry though you are working to resolve things! Perhaps she has some advice?

So I also think of the biomass generation in a sort of RTS way, but I think your assumptions are off here. I think of things in the terms of "resource nodes". If we want to generate biomass (efficiently at least) we need to tap some sort of external source. Each node has different requirements to tap.

Thing is, our patrol route is a very efficient resource node. It only requires an asset with 2 biomass to tap, and always generates at least 2 biomass each turn. It also has other benefits like letting us keep appraised of events in our area, and keep up our attendance record at work. While in theory it could be disrupted by external factors, we haven't seen any evidence of such happening yet and if said external factors are going to happen then we likely would want to know.

So patrolling effectively fully pays for it's self every turn. While eventually other methods of biomass generation may beat it out on volume, I doubt they will ever beat it on efficiency. Not unless they use a similarly limited "resource node" like patrolling an area.

(I'll note that we haven't been getting biomass from Sabrina's mother most of the turns. It's one biomass from dumpster diving, one from the food which we share with Martin, and occasionally a third from Sabrina's mother. We have never gotten less then two so far.)

The best we ever got the Kudzu was 1 biomass every 2 days, and it had 5 keywords (though I guess only 4 of them came from biomass)

I pretty much agree with all of this. Patrolling isn't necessarily different from more passive means of gaining production. We are just tapping external biomass collections instead of making it ourselves. Also patrolling is cheap enough that I don't ever see a reason to not do it. Two biomass is a fairly low amount for us at this point.

Unfortunately Kudzu was made before the QM started giving descriptions for every keyword so we don't know what Growing, Productive, and Refresh do in this situation. (We've seen refresh in other situations and it changes.) But also notable is that we left Kudzu mostly inside. If we put it on the roof it probably could have made biomass every day.

Last edited:
Social, plot, and exploration progress are what let us find new resource nodes too! So we aren't necessarily losing out on biomass by talking to the rooftop alliance more quickly. We could be unlocking new ways of biomass generation

I had an interesting idea on how to go about treating addiction actually. See with our mastery of biology it should be pretty trivial to treat the physical parts of addiction, but what about the mental?

Well we can probably do it with the right keywords, but what if we also benefited from it! We could (with their permission) use a emotion-eater or mind-eater or whatever keyword to "eat" the mental part of their addiction (with other keywords to make sure we don't get anything else by accident). What is it if not a big bundle of emotions and habits?

Since we would be consuming a limited resource (people's addictions) we should be able to make a tidy profit.

I pretty much agree with all of this. Patrolling isn't necessarily different from more passive means of gaining production. We are just tapping external biomass collections instead of making it ourselves. Also patrolling is cheap enough that I don't ever see a reason to not do it. Two biomass is a fairly low amount for us at this point.

Unfortunately Kudzu was made before the QM started giving descriptions for every keyword so we don't know what Growing, Productive, and Refresh do in this situation. (We've seen refresh in other situations and it changes.) But also notable is that we left Kudzu mostly inside. If we put it on the roof it probably could have made biomass every day.
Sure, but if we put it on the roof then we would have needed hiding keywords which would have dropped it's efficiency.

Anyway while I do want to experiment with new resource nodes like the sewer, our current income is not actually that bad. Two biomass a turn is a lot faster then what we have had for most of the quest so far, and it builds up. Next turn we should have enough to put something in the sewers as well as have a strong finish with the rooftop alliance.

(Plus finishing up with haste is important for Sabrina's sake. She's probably not having much fun right now.)

Last edited:

Even thinking of them as resource nodes, we should tap these resource nodes as soon as possible, every turn using them is still more biomass for us, biomass is the biggest thing we want and the biggest thing we will ever want, it governs every aspect of what we do, controls how many actions we can do, how effective at them we are, how many we can dedicate to gaining more biomass, biomass is always priority number one IMO, the rest can get close, maybe draw it, but never surpass it.

Right now the Sabrina situation is at around draw level in my mind, for information.

Approaching more then one girl at once is going to be vital to resolving the situation quickly.
(Plus finishing up with haste is important for Sabrina's sake. She's probably not having much fun right now.)

Thing is, I do want to take just as many turns as you at the end of the day: Two. I just want to dedicate this turn to Silvia, then do two social next turn, when we have one more girl on our side and more information on Laurie, because she's probably going to be the toughest nut to crack, and I want to have even more biomass dedicated to doing just that.

Right now, the plan do two out of three girls, so will need one more to do the last anyway next turn, the action economy is the same if we do one now and two later, but I think my plan allows to be more persuasive when we go for the double social.

Edit:

Part of the difference between our thinking is that I will never think we have *enough* biomass generation, I want more, always more, it is too important for us to ever have *enough*.

Last edited:
Even thinking of them as resource nodes, we should tap these resource nodes as soon as possible, every turn using them is still more biomass for us, biomass is the biggest thing we want and the biggest thing we will ever want, it governs every aspect of what we do, controls how many actions we can do, how effective at them we are, how many we can dedicate to gaining more biomass, biomass is always priority number one IMO, the rest can get close, maybe draw it, but never surpass it.

Right now the Sabrina situation is at around draw level in my mind, for information.
Biomass is the biggest and most important resource we have, but ultimately what it is useful for is our objectives. So we have to balance use of current biomass to achieve our current goals, vs future biomass for future goals. But considering we are dealing with a situation here "Occupy 2 biomass on a reliable biomass generation task" falls on one side of the line while "Occupy 5 biomass on an experimental biomass generation method" falls on the other.
The "Cost" (In loss of future biomass gains) of making the mushroom one turn later compared to the additional progress to our current objectives.

Thing is, I do want to take just as many turns as you at the end of the day: Two. I just want to dedicate this turn to Silvia, then do two social next turn, when we have one more girl on our side and more information on Laurie, because she's probably going to be the toughest nut to crack, and I want to have even more biomass dedicated to doing just that.

Right now, the plan do two out of three girls, so will need one more to do the last anyway next turn, the action economy is the same if we do one now and two later, but I think my plan allows to be more persuasive when we go for the double social.

Edit:

Part of the difference between our thinking is that I will never think we have *enough* biomass generation, I want more, always more, it is too important for us to ever have *enough*.

Issue is that it may take more then a single day for some of them. I'm assuming that at least Laurie will take two, so I would be accounting for two today, and then two more tomorrow. Doing one this turn would require three next turn, or possibly delay things another day. So the action economy is different.

I don't think the mushroom will be a significant contributor to our biomass by next turn. Even by the best of estimates it probably won't make more then a single biomass. Right now it is more of an experiment for us to fine tune.

Compared to the three biomass we will be getting right now, and the four from recycling the tree it's value is more of an investment for the next crisis rather then something that will pay off in time to help the current one.

Like, I want to work on our biomass generation too. It's one of our biggest long term priorities. But well, if we could sacrifice a biomass to get Sabrina to be free one turn sooner would it be worth it?

Vote closed
Scheduled vote count started by TheMaskedReader on May 17, 2023 at 8:22 PM, finished with 30 posts and 8 votes.

• [x] Plan: Spy Triplets
    -[x] Recycle Architect
    -[X] Remove Fast, Stalwart from Super-Spy
    -[X] Add Exponential Growth, Empathetic, Stalwart, Disguise to our Core
    -[X] Create an asset: Twin Spy
    --[X] keywords: Humanoid, Disguise, Trustworthy
    -[X] Add Magical Healer, Doctor to Super Spy
    -[X] Send Super Spy to discuss with Laurie in the Back-Alley Market
    --[X] You noticed she wasn't looking very well. You could try to heal her if she is okay with it?
    --[x] Talk with her about her brother. You want to understand how things were between him and Sabrina, and why she blames Sabrina for what happened to him. You heard he had a journal?
    --[x] Talk with her about Sabrina. Maybe you could talk to Sabrina about her brother? You doubt Sabrina would be happy to hear he died either. You know you aren't unbiased, but the Sabrina you know is not some unfeeling monster.
    --[x] Talk with her about Martin, how he got addicted out of the government's fault, then left to rot. About how Sabrina was the one helping him. A poor solution yes, but the only one she had. How every day where she's not there to give them what they crave is one more day where they may decide to go to a dealer that is more willing to exploit them? How there are other young people like her that may see their sibling go through withdrawal and could even decide to blame her for it even if it's not true?
    --[x] Yes, Sabrina should pay for her crimes, but the guards aren't interested in that, they just want to make examples, never thinking about the people they hurt on the way. Sabrina can pay for her crimes by helping those she hurts get better, by working for them, we are not asking Laurie to forgive her, we are asking her to allow the others that are suffering to also be helped.
    --[x] Yes you could try to do it without her, but it's not just convenience. Time could be lives.
    -[X] Send Twin Spy to discuss with Sylvia in the School Theater.
    -[X] Patrol Your Street with Alibi Spy
    --[X] Stop by Sabrina's mother early and update her on the situation. She doesn't need to worry though you are working to resolve things! Perhaps she has some advice?

Welp, time to sit back and watch the fireworks which look fleshy and have tentacles for some reason. Let's see how this plays out.
I also can't wait for the day we have to explain to someone that we have multiple bodies. Just go to the gym with two of us to do the work more efficiently and watch as people do spittakes when they pass by.

Welp, time to sit back and watch the fireworks which look fleshy and have tentacles for some reason. Let's see how this plays out.
I also can't wait for the day we have to explain to someone that we have multiple bodies. Just go to the gym with two of us to do the work more efficiently and watch as people do spittakes when they pass by.
Mmm. Make them each half size, have one stand on the other's shoulders every once in a while to be our regular height?

Some sort of high-end scent-tracker with hugging-tentacles to find and keep Sabrina company might be useful. Could also backfire if the girls dislike that we found their hideout, and they may be a bit less than perfectly rational in response to us pointing out that we found our target and didn't act against their authority...
(Or you know, maybe it wasn't an overdose and was really an assassination by a rival gang or something. Sabrina's gang wasn't taken down that long ago was it? If he had a stash (like the person that asked Laurie was looking for) why had he already resorted to riskier new supplies?)
I love the idea of investigating his death, but I just can't come up with any idea of how to do so in a useful timeframe. I would love to be corrected on that!
Unless the author tells us we don't know so I'm going to assume there isn't a limit and we can use this to ramp up forever speaking of that ramp might be a good keyword ramp as in like magic the gathering rolling down like a ball rolling down a hill kind of ramp gaining more and more speed and resources longer something goes on
Accumulation or cascade might be a bit more focused. I mean, the system seems very forgiving with vocabulary, but I just can't see "ramp" without thinking that we intend to become a very fleshy skate-park.
I'm a bit concerned about talking to all three girls in one day? If they happen to compare notes, then they might realize that the conversations happened simultaneously. This… could put us in a tight spot?
Multiple bodies is probably going to rapidly become difficult to hide. I would consider just flaunting it as one of our known magical girl powers.
Part of the problem is that the guards punishment is very likely to be disproportionate, other part is that community service is punishment, not all of forms of punishment have to be tortures or imprisonment.
Yeah, it does seem worth noting that there seems to be corruption there, which includes namreh impressing convictees into service, and the noted hostility between him and Sabrina likely leading to him going the extra mile to grab her if she enters the system. I doubt that the sort of mistreatment she is likely to see at his hands is what The Rooftop Crew expect from "due process".
You did imply some capacity for us to go global, good to see a confirmation, also good to see you have plans, jumping on such a big change without them could end badly.
I recall mention of a necromancer from the background material who almost conquered the world. It may well be that we are not the first anomaly that this world has seen...
@TheMaskedReader, can we go see Sylvia and show her our core in the same turn, and what word gave us free spreading when put on our core? I remember it was either Explosive Growth or Exponential Growth but not which one.
People who expect something are often familiar with, and likely to propagate that something. Be it that they engage in the activity themselves and assume that everyone else does the same, or that they are often subjected to it and assume that everyone else is also, it is, well, far from certain, but a risk factor. Given that we don't have much information, the single data-point that she has concerns about trust, suggest to me that she is unlikely to be able to maintain the secrets of others.

Then again, trusting her would be the Magical Girl Way, so we should probably just go for it regardless to unlock her "burned by the world" route.
Add rappet evolution and adoptable to core makes use harder to kill + ramping = budget 682
Adding "adoptable" to our core will likely see us adopted sooner rather than later, given all the cute keywords we are rocking!

But rapid evolution, and adaptable, are, well, I do not think that those alone would possess the haste and throughput required. I think that it would take a lot more than that to merely survive a humble flame-thrower, which is probably the first thing they would try upon discovering the scale of the situation. It is a good thought for later though, once we can donate a few more concepts to that effort.
(Photosynthesis) 1 Biomass every two weeks
(Bountiful on asset) reduce the time left until you gain biomass by half
(Bountiful on core) increase the effect of any passive gains within those areas
(Roots) gain biomass from the ground…if it stays in the same place
(Saprotrophic) Anyways, you can eat the wood. And mostly any kind of rotting organic matter
Efficient, broad, slow-metabolism, sucks, expansive, dense-fat, and absorbent might include some multipliers amongst their number. If it could get a 1.5x1.5x1.5x1.5=5 situation, then there may well quite rapidly be some massive gains to be had.

Back