[MAFIA] Mutiny in Teyvat

If I'm wrong I'm pretty sure I'm dead either way, but I'm going with what I'm good at here, which is Mech and Flavor.

Furthermore, it makes the balance 13:3:2 if Nictis and Nani are Neutral 3P, which is a perfectly reasonable balance and might actually have us done with this game today
Actually... I have a mechanical thought, that makes me want to place a really weird vote.

Flavor wise it makes sense for scum to have multiple elements, since the Fatui have both natural and artificial visions i.e. delusions, and it makes sense for Paimon to be an Element Copier. I think the right vote mechanically is
[X] Vote Young Pyromancer

I might be wrong, but if there's something I'm Good at, it's Mechanics.

Fake Edit: It's a good thing that the no deleting posts rule only applies here, because I accidentally posted the above into the wrong thread entirely :V

Wait, so you're saying there's three element copiers? All non town? And one is a transporter? What? Also, Paimon was very clearly a joke.

I have no idea what you're trying to do here. This is a horrible argument.

It's an odd choice at this point, but probably either due to the Charlotte claim Day 1 (Quick wiki check suggested investigative at the time, as well a being Cryo) or due to claiming Neighborizer yesterday. That or a transport switched things around again. If it's that then they're on their A game, but also I dislike using Petrol as the casualty even with the weirdness of yesterday.

An answer towards Shalmoa's (later revealed) cheeky question to try and gauge people's thoughts on the PM kill, Nictis here both gives some potential credit to Transporter = town, which is something Nictis has done occasionally this game, but puts some distrust in with PM being a swap target regardless, nothing inherently bad. In the scum Nictis world this is trying to bait the person that redirected their team's kill into a reveal, while not revealing their knowledge however, literally only Transporter, Scum (if non-transporter), or the Redirector (Shalmoa) know if something was moved at this juncture.

I have an alternative theory, but I'd like to sit on it for just a little while.

Shalmoa kinda masks off to scum immediately here, probably wasn't a good play to do this early.

Oh, huh. So that was you.

I'm looking forward to the grand reveal :V

Nictis is very intelligent so could've immediately deduced Shalmoa's exact involvement here, however it would be much simpler for scum to understand than town based off of the above. (Not impossible, again, Shalmoa was much too loose and cheeky with being informed and likely behind it.

Also as I was typing up lower in this quote stack, Nictis has a bit additional defense for quickly putting the pieces together because they were the night 1 redirection target of Shalmoa, meaning this is a frankly much lesser source of suspicion than I originally was ranking it as.

More Dino thoughts:

Janitor is decent in this setup, but it's not fantastic because of all the investigation that's been thrown around providing an alternate means of gathering info. This also means it's not the enhanced scumkill, which leaves the possibility of the enhanced scumkill being ninja/strongman. Both of them are justified by this setup IMO. Then again, it's also completely possible or even likely that the scumkill can't be enhanced. I'm not sure how enhancement would even work- would the enhancement go to the scumkill or the standard action if they were both used?

Dino's flip also leaves Pyro users and especially Cryo users in a better light just based off of the idea that scum has access to a variety of elements for coordination reasons, which was probably why scum killed Petroleum. Well, that and transport dodging.

YP, going with the PM kill being an intentional target, I think looks good for YP, because scum probably already deduced from the Shalmoa quote above what happened since we have people saying the redirection is loud, IE Ori knew directly that they were forced elsewhere and as such we can suspect that was shared in scum chat.

In fact

[x] Vote Nictis

when I get an answer to my questions, I will elaborate.

I'm just grabbing the first bits of this very strange interaction about the neighborhood chat, I just find the whole interaction odd.

Like, you must really not have a high opinion of me if you think I would say in the chat "Oh darn, and here I thought that killing Petrol, who stated he used the second of his charges, would close the chat so I wouldn't have to talk with you"

Why in the world would the log be deleted? We have never had a neighborhood that worked that way in SV Mafia history. I assumed that the previous chat was just closed and a new one was created for me to join.

I just find this whole thing strange, I fall more on the side of Nictis in the exchange, but my highest scum pair reading is Nictis + Clown so I COULD see this being a play to create both distance from each other when they know Ori is doomed this phase, as the caught killer, while also giving them defense for being able to communicate... regardless I at least believe they are both in that neighborhood truthfully. And again I just find this whole exchange weird.

>Mentions specifically stealing Hydro in order to roleblock with Petrol
>Petrol immediately dies
I'd say that's pretty inconvenient yeah. Why would you assume that me saying it's inconvenient is about being in a chat with you?

Honestly, at least evidence of Nictis's claim being consistent (that I totally didn't only just now notice)

My fixation before you asked me this was more on the role weirdness between Archeo and CB. Namely that Archeo's role is just... Better in every way? Despite being nearly identical in function. 3 shot vs 2 shot. CB's is Geo and Archeo's is Anemo. Both target a player, apply the element to them and to everyone who visits them. The Geo ability will assist with Crystallize, providing the usual Crystallize info to whoever triggers it. The Anemo ability will trigger Swirl, gathering information about whoever assisted with Swirl to Archeo, but will also provide reports and the element of the player that was targeted? If any Swirl trigger at all? Which is Geo+, and also a weird condition for the extra info to begin with.

Nictis Setting up either Distance with Archeo or a targeting preference, not really alignment indicative but the whole Archeo/CB thing is a consistent mental space for Nictis, and frankly it only makes me more confident that YP and Usili are town here.

This logic is bizarre. In my opinion for this to make any sense it has to be mylo, unless you believe a Shalmoa-scum world. The only way Ori's claim makes sense is if they only need Shalmoa lynched if Ori is scum. I'm not sure why Ori wouldn't play along in any other world? She is turning this into a 50-50 with no actual purpose. If Ori is scum and it's mylo, of course, it makes perfect sense. You push Shalmoa for a win, and if Ori does get lynched, then you've lost a player who has largely been coasting this game without puhs town cred, minimal loss. This being mylo play is far more logical.

I'm not sure what your second part there means, but I can say that this is a bizarre argument when if you believe an Ori-town world, there were two neighbrizers, and you suddenly seem to be pushing Shalma more than Ori? If there are two neighborizers, obviously there can be roles that overlap. If ORi is scum, then it is true she could be lying, but for... what purpose? And even if she is lying, we have two watcher roles in an Archeo-town world, so overlapping is occurring regardless, and my role and Archeo's have different functins gtiven the radically different results in Geo and Anemo reactions.

Aaahhh more exchanges between Nictis and CB I don't quite understand... my only question is why choose to have this in thread over in neighborhood?

(I'm going to post this a take some extra moments away because this is getting too long again)

but my highest scum pair reading is Nictis + Clown so I COULD see this being a play to create both distance from each other when they know Ori is doomed this phase
Nah. I'm calling a sanity check on this one.

Now that you've pointed that out, I changed my mind. They are definitely unaligned. Sure, they could have done SOMETHING to distance. But that exchange is too ??? to be anything but real.

Also plane 2 is almost off so if you have something to ask me now or never… or like in two hours I guess, but that's less dramatic.

I mean frankly I made a lot of mistakes this game and while I really really don't like Archeo's hammer I can deeply sympathize with just wanting the game to be over. I want to have Comi's energy to go through Nictis and Archeo's back catalogue and compare them rather than have to assess by memory (Because frankly if Archeo is scum Comi is my best guess for a partner at this point, frankly) but like... I just don't have the energy at this point in the game.

Vaaaaaariaaablleeeeee

I'm not as sold on that as you, frankly. I could very easily see a Variable kill to frame a transport that ended up working out or something along those lines, especially since as I recall Comi never explicitly claimed he was transported. It would be very lucky, but I don't see it as impossible at all. And I noted that I was assuming Archeo-Scum there, I would say the only good partners for Archeo are you or him, frankly, and I think Comi works better than you do.

I did, and I did get Nictis's night results, but they are largely just more elemental reactions that TBH I glossed over the first time and this time, looking at them, do not elucidate anything to me that stands out, and I don't really care to share other people's results.

I can confirm that whatever Nictis did last night, his results 100% did not contain anything like "You killed hugh, and cleaned up the corpse afterwards".

Trying to decide if this actually contradicts Nictis' claim, or if it was Shalmoa being cute. Shalmoa was pretty careful with his wording here, though whether or not it was to protect Nictis not having anything or protecting the specific nature of those results can't be said. Sigh.

I mean, with the weird action stuff, I guess Comi's could be scum doctor pulling a WGG, and he could have not been redirected due to an elemental tag. Or Nictis's Hugh doctor speculation is right and Comi is BP Vest + something else that hasn't come up, like doublevoter. But otherwise the only Comi scumpair that makes remote sense is exactly me.

In my defense that was a one-line post almost a month ago, this game has been insanely info-heavy, and I frankly do not have the energy to cross-check every claim I made this game by searching the backlog :V

Anyway, frankly, the things that get me stuck on Nictis-scum is

1. Why on Earth would Nictis claim no-action as scum? Nictis knows he's on the shortlist at this point, it draws attention to him in a way that he can't possibly want, is not akin to any townrole in the game, and completely goes against the powerscale of the game in general. It's a frankly terrible fakeclaim outside refuging in audacity, which Nictis absolutely would do, so I'm not ruling it out, but when pressure is going to be on you it's bizarre, and the fact is Shalmoa's claim regarding him reads like obfuscating a no-result to me given how very careful he is about the wording, especially in the second part.

2. Archeo's hammer and their bizarre swings after that in a way that don't make sense, as well as their reticence to even explain why on Earth they did the hammer to the point that I had to poke him about it several times.

3. Archeo's claim feeling like it's basically continually shifting or being obfuscated and basically holding together with duct tape, and frankly Nictis is right that I have a very similar power only weaker. Frankly I'm not convinced it is within the powerscale of the game for town to have in addition to everything else.

4. I feel like the way Archeo basically threw themselves into setup analysis and forced the game into basically a social dead-zone was in some ways ideal for scum and in general their play has given me bad vibes throughout.

Things in favor of Nictis being scum

1. Gut.
2. The way N3 went does make sense to me as Nictis-scum, since Petroleum is otherwise a really weird kill
3. Nictis has a wider variety of potential partners.
4. On its face, Shalmoa's claim appears to contradict Nictis' claim, depending on how you read the wording.
5. I could see Nictis refuging in audacity here with his claim.

Meh. Maybe I'll look at interactions later, but I'm honestly not sold on either of these enough for my liking.

... Right. I'm doing one final post to clarify things, then I'm done. Welcome to MyLo, I'm voting Archeo. Remember that tiebreak rules are that the first person to reach the tie is the one that goes.

@Archeo Lumiere list out your night actions and results, separate by standard action and elemental action. ie:
N1-
Elemental- Shalmoa, no result
Observed- Hugh (swirled x y and Comi, x had this happen.) and Usili (____) 99 charges remaining.

Instead of:
"I observed (the term I said I use specifically for my action) these two players."

@Clown Bean I believe I made my role clear on like D3 in the neighborhood, if you want a refresher on when it was known. I might have also mentioned checking both of you on N2, can't recall and don't care to check atm.

@ComiTurtle Your claimed action for N3 was to target yourself with a Standard Action that applied Hydro. Clown Bean targeted you with an elemental application of Geo. Archeo targeted you with a Standard Action that applied Anemo. YP transported you with a non-elemental standard action.

World 1: Elements attach to players.
-CB's Geo applies to you
-You are transported by YP, Geo moves with you.
-Archeo applies Anemo to your house
-Your self-targeted ability hits house and Swirls.

World 2: Elements attach to houses.
-CB's Geo applies to you.
-You are transported by YP, the Geo remains.
-Archeo applies Anemo to your house. It does not interact with Geo.
-Your self targeted action applies Hydro to your house and causes both Swirl and Crystallize to trigger.

@Usili 2.0 ... I don't think I have anything to say to you. Vote Archeo :V

@Young Pyromancer This is nonsense.
You've gotta remember elements go first. Element tagged actions are also an unknown rn OOA -wise. My transport explicitly says it only works on things that go after it, even.
Like I said, it specifically says that in the ability, and I've been wondering all game about whether elementally tagged actions go before the rest of the standard actions. Rosen won't say.
Clarify this. Does it say that there are actions that act before it, or that it does not affect the elemental phase? Because the first is something no GM would ever tell you, and the second is how the game works.
The Elemental Order of Operations occurs before the Standard Order of Operations and contains all application actions.
No basic elemental application may be altered in any manner (blocked, redirected, changed to a different element, etc). The only functions that have any effect on basic applications are the order in which elements are applied (to determine what reactions take place when), and whether an element has been reacted with (to determine if an element should be considered beyond its OoO position in Night Resolution).
And that's it for me. Ping me at game end or Day 7.

My logic is that Ori is being treated as a sacrificial lamb as a player largely disconnected from the game, while other scum try to kick up enough chaff that they can slip a mislynch through. I think that this is a valid perspective- Ori has basically no towncred, so it makes more sense for the players with towncred to try and force through. If Ori is town, the lackadaisical response doesn't make sense to me, at least so far- she should be pushing against Shalmoa becaues she doesn't want to be mislynched. If she's scum and it's not mylo in some capacity, whether that be 4 living scum or scum having a plan to even the numbers tonight, this still makes no sense for reasons you yourself pointed out. It reduces the pool to two scum, so she should be making some kind of pushback here, because 2 scum with 8 players left is far from ideal, compared to it being mylo next phase; it's less problematic if they have a powerset where they can already force mylo, I would note, because that would indicate being able to reduce numbers pretty easily.

If it is mylo right now, scum are still in a solid position even if they lose this most likely, and Ori isn't a key player in the team anyway. And if they can create enough noise and doubt that anther lynch can be slipped through, then well, they win. I admit I'm biased because I'm decently convinced my gut was right about you at this stage, and that is exactly what you are doing from a scum perspective.

I will confess that apathy is a possibility here, but I am very wary of the assumption that this isn't mylo when that makes Ori-Scum, which I think is far more likely at this stage, makes more sense.

We now move into the Clown Bean basically tries to save Ori section of Day 4. Additionally I believe that this topic of Mylo being brought up is both a play to try and make people at least reconsider actions (which frankly is fine) but also a play to try and cast doubt onto Shalmoa's claim of attacked + Healed, reduce ideas of SK which push the game from 4 mafia + SK, to 5 Mafia + 3rd party. A launching platform for further posts.

For the record, I entirely think this is happening. To be clear, we should lynch Ori, there is no world where Ori is not the lynch unless she can come up with something really compelling in the 11th hour. But Petroleum dying insteado of Comi or Archeo is bizarre. Ori just giving up for seemingly no reason is bizarre. The way it feels like Comi, Nictis, and Archeo are not letting the bizarreness change their assessment of the game at all- I don't think either Comi ro Nictis have actually like... explained why Ori would act like this way if she's scum and it's not mylo or lylo somehow, and getting caught up in role minutae while not even explaining why any of it matters feels off. I literally don't like the way any of the active players are playing this day, and while I don't think that they're all scum, none of this feels remotely right. Part of the reason I'm frankly really despirited is that I am deeply convinced the game is over bar the shouting, either because town is alive on a technicality right now essentially, it's some insane team like Comi-Nictis-Archeo-Ori/Shalmoa (Or in a more likely scenario scratch one of Archeo or Comi, that's my pure doomer read) in which case like... town is fucked and basically always was.

Let's give this the old college try.

@Archeo Lumiere- I actually want you to explain your role again. It's a three-shot watcher, If remember right, with free shots if it's powered up. Is there anything else you can explain about like, how it works? Because I have to admit, an odd-night watcher and a watcher THAT powerful is... very very strange to me with both being town. At least without an insane scum power-role set.

Further preparation to defend Ori

I'll be honest, at this point I think Ori is probably just checked out town and Shalmoa is lying. Part of this comes down to the D1 stuff; Shalmoa's vote makes perfect sense as a scum bussing Dino and then swinging over to Zaealix during the exact time that the momentum is shifting with no real reason beyond "Okay" at the time. He says that he doesn't watch Archeo lynched for literally no reason. He also pokes Comi and then doesn't explore those engagements at all and then declares Comi town because he "liked his responses" without any sort of elaboration on what he liked. He has not mentioned Zaealix once at all during D1. He also defended Archeo a second time against YP, his is despite the fact that he never actually explains why he doesn't like the "jump on Archeo" whatsoever.

How a few hours and Comi being the lead wagon change your perspective I guess :V

A lot of the rest of thi9s is theory stuff I can't unpacki, but Shalmoa seems to have given up on scumhunting in general despite complaining about thei nfoleaking and massive dump on a previous day too.

Ori meanwhile, has been frustrated for the last two game days about how the game has been deluged into setup spec rather than actual analysis, and frankly has been disengaged from the game as a whole. I can entirely beleiving she simply can't outargue Shalmoa or not want to, and frankly I think that her late vote on Zaealix is a town-tell if anything; she joined the wagon for no reason at that point and therefore tied herself to a mislynch for no good purpose. And frankly the fact that there has been basically literally no pushback on hte Ori lynch outside Nictis just vaguely gesturing at a bunch of things while also saying "Oh Ori should be lynched" does not fill me with confidence about this.

You can say that this is what I would think scum would do, but I genuinely think that Shalmoa is scum,, that Comi is scum with him. I don't think I can lynch Shalmoa at this stag,e but if nothing else this is a protest vote.

[x] Vote Shalmoa

Finally shifting from Ori to Shalmoa here, I just think this whole thing was bad.

Also please call me out for falling to my own curse in the post game AGAIN, but when a potential remaining 3 scum team I see is YP + Shalmoa + Usili (the three other people on my Cassandra meme post) I don't want to believe myself when there is an easier cluster of:

Ori + Clown Bean + Draxy/Nictis

IDK I feel pretty good with my scum team read here. The second one not the YP + Usili one.

I want to point out how much of a farce this is

2. Shalmoa asks like the idea that Nani was a 3rd party that wasn't an SK is somehow unthinkable, as though 3rd parties that aren't SK don't exist.
3. Literally only shalmoa even engages with my case at all, says that he wants to behavioral solve the only instance he cites is role-solving, and says that I'm scum despite the fact that Ori would have no reason to lie about the claim at all since Shalmoa claims they redirected me and I confirmed that my redirect is loud
4. Shalmoa also provides no reason that Ori would give up and not even try despite this being a 1v1 and not mylo
5. Shalmoa acts like wording doesn't matter in mafia and that finding wording odd is "nitpicking"
6. Shalmoa provides no basis for this not being mylo or lylo even though that is the only way Ori's behavior even makes sense
7. Both Shalmoa and Comi (though I he doesn't claim that I'm scum just kinda... says worsd) explains why I would bother to make a 1 man stand against a lynch not even Ori is defending herself against.

Okay so it IS just Shalmoa's word. got it. That isn't even really a clarification, it's just a reassertion if you want to accept Shalmoa's argument that those two are the same thing and he already clearly stated hte events in question.

From Shalmoa's perspective as "attacked" night 1, SK Nani is the most reasonable idea.
4, Yes it shouldn't have been Mylo
6, why is it suddenly Mylo Lylo now? Can't it just be trying to avoid info link and limiting allies from defending each other.
7, I do keep calling you scum, just very softly most of this game.

Nitro is fundamentally the only person who we know is scum alignment based off the results. They made only three posts and that was it, fundamentally rendering it a black hole in terms of potential things to look at, which wouldn't be bad if it was say day one, but it was only by end of day three that we learned it.

And like, the question of whether or not Ori is scum (of which I probably am leaning a bit yes) is something that will determine a lot of bloody things for how everything does actually shake out. But its just my general frustration on the lack of voting out nitro earlier and just trying to build up some kind of like... graphical drawing wrt posts and trying to think in terms of interactions there.

Just another bit of proof that Usili is pure.

Actually... I have a mechanical thought, that makes me want to place a really weird vote.

Flavor wise it makes sense for scum to have multiple elements, since the Fatui have both natural and artificial visions i.e. delusions, and it makes sense for Paimon to be an Element Copier. I think the right vote mechanically is
[X] Vote Young Pyromancer

I might be wrong, but if there's something I'm Good at, it's Mechanics.

Fake Edit: It's a good thing that the no deleting posts rule only applies here, because I accidentally posted the above into the wrong thread entirely :V

Scum, having multiple elements is a way for scum to have more flexibility in design, however if only scum/3rd party have access to more than one element the game is simply too easy to solve. In such a world we have Zaealix's Anemo, Variable's Alignment Cop, Draxy's Geo, PM's (and maybe Hugh's) Neighborhoods to filter info through, and both you and Clown Bean's abilities (and in a world where Nictis is not scum, that element cop claim). Regardless this means elements would come to light as the game drew on.

When we design games we generally tend to try and balance both keeping some level of consistency with enough irregularities that we don't have a Witches' type clean solve again. Because while we all like mechanics, the main goal of these games is also the social, the games are often a mix of the two to the designer's preference and speculating on Rosen's particular preferences WOULD be against the rules.

However curve balls are common enough that we need to consider them, and having two scum being double elemented, and one town seems reasonable, because it punishes thoughts like these. With the Shalmoa/Ori situation we were able to follow up with the mechanical call-out be we also had social information with how Ori just denied anything at all, when in conjunction with disappearing and not mounting a defense until late enough maybe the false doctor claim gets a townie killed.

Furthermore, it makes the balance 13:3:2 if Nictis and Nani are Neutral 3P, which is a perfectly reasonable balance and might actually have us done with this game today

I will say that from a mechanical standpoint this wouldn't be balanced. We can conclude from Shalmoa that Nani was an SK, or at least some sort of killing role. In a game with an SK you have to plan for them probably killing at least one scum over the course of the game. And then suddenly Mafia is just doomed, by no real fault of their own suddenly they have to make it to final four. And regardless you are calling Nictis not town here, they have made no agreement with this analysis of 3rd party and I think imparting such a charitable thought onto them is giving Nictis much to great deference.

Back