Lights... Camera... ACTION!!: A Hollywood Quest

"Changing the Script now has a lower DC.

….

Please note that Bruce has not given you permission to beat him on film and will not accept such a proposal."

So, we can still angle for a better role?

"Changing the Script now has a lower DC.

….

Please note that Bruce has not given you permission to beat him on film and will not accept such a proposal."

So, we can still angle for a better role?
Realistically, even if we don't beat him, we can still angle for a better role. Argue to the producers that having a foe who can keep up with Bruce, even coming close to beating him, is a intriguing possibility.

Will Choosing option's like Understanding or training for The script lower DC More than already done ?

Ok let me rephrase lets not change the scrpit until we have some experience under our belt and cred olso need i remind we were invited as a favor to see how we work

Last edited:
Its... really weird to even consider our character lasting 3 minutes with Bruce Lee. Like, that's absurd. Its been like 3 months? I'd have been happy with simply not embarrassing ourselves while trying to do basic fight choreography.

Its... really weird to even consider our character lasting 3 minutes with Bruce Lee. Like, that's absurd. Its been like 3 months? I'd have been happy with simply not embarrassing ourselves while trying to do basic fight choreography.
Well TBF, Bruce is going easy on us, because we have had our ass kicked handily by him for almost three months.

THe fact we last that long says more to the fact Bruce likes us, and wishes to see see us grow as a martial artist, so he's not going all out every time we spar, then it says about our skill level.

Though we are very prodigious in terms of learning, as while we're not a black belt yet, it is something that is well within our possibility within the next year.

Last edited:
Well TBF, Bruce is going easy on us, because we have had our ass kicked handily by him for almost three months.

THe fact we last that long says more to the fact Bruce likes us, and wishes to see see us grow as a martial artist, then it says about our skill level.
That makes MUCH more sense. Less we lasted that long in a fight with him, and more we stayed in the ring training with him for 3 minutes of flat out sparring without giving up and ending up a puddle on the floor?

actually approximately 8 months have passed since they started training with bruce (actually closer to 6 months).

Fistful of Choices: Turn 5 (September 1970)
It was a quiet morning, as you could not sleep. You were at your sister's house, and you were feeling like hell. "What happened last night?" You groaned as you felt ice get placed on your feet. And it was not a comfortable feeling.

"Well, do you want the before or the after the beating you took when you were protecting that girl?" Your sister said as you sat up.

"There was a girl?" You asked.

"Yeah, you and Bruce were walking home when a couple of thugs were harassing a girl. You stepped in and you kicked ass, and got your ass kicked in return." She replied.

"Now hold still, I need to get some more ice."

"Bruce just watched me?" You asked as your head throbbed.

"He tried to stop you. But he made sure you got home after you led the girl home." Your sister said.

"At least there won't be any more surprises." You replied.

That was when you noticed the water leaking down your sister's leg.

"Oh." There was a small pause as you processed what was going on. "Please tell me you know a midwife?" You asked.

Your sister screamed, and you moved to get her to her bed. And call people, lots of people, most importantly, the midwife, and then your father.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

"She's beautiful." You cooed as your little niece moved and cooed in the wrapped blanket she was in.

Bruce, his family, Clint, and his own family, and damn near everyone in the family that knew you or lived near here had arrived to give their good wishes and congratulations.
You were waiting outside as you sat down. "Well, I didn't expect that to happen when I woke up this morning." You quipped as you shook your head.

"Life is like that kid, you always got to learn to roll with the punches, and work things out." Clint said as he handed over a glass of water. "Nervous?" He asked.

"About what, the role. No." You stated. "I'm more worried about what I'll miss when I'm gone." You replied. "I thought you were in San Francisco filming?"

"Was, but we have to get some permits that the city is stalling for, but it should be smooth sailing after that, and I'm working on a script that you might like if I ever finish." He stated.

"What is it?" You asked. "A Western?"

Clint gazed out to the sky. "I don't know just yet. Maybe, but that's just the thing, I don't know. It's just an idea."

"Can't be any worse than whatever some hack is writing?" You asked. "Tell me?"

Clint smiled. "Fine you little shit, I'll tell ya. It's about some kid who's got a dream that is impossible. And this old man who's trying to teach him to use that thing between his ears."

You frowned. "Really Clint, just using me as a punching bag?"

Clint chuckled. "You asked."

"Yeah, I deserve it." You stated. "But I never got a chance to thank you."

"You already do kid." He stated. "Don't thank me till your at the top." He then put a hand on your shoulder. "Come on, let's play the dotting spoilers to your sister's baby."

"Agreed."

-----------------------------------------------------------

Do you time skip to the beginning of Production of The Big Boss (Fists of Fury)?:

[]Yes: Will automatically negotiate fee and script changes, and it will be January of 1971, in Hong Kong, for storyboarding and scripting. You will also be celebrating a birthday.

[]No: You aren't ready for production just yet.

---------------------------------------------------------------

If you choose no,

You have 4 actions:

[]Negotiate Fee: You know there is no price for exposure... but you are also needing to repay the kindness of Clint and his family. DC:??? Reward: You learn how much you are getting paid and if you can squeeze a little more.

[]Prepare for the Fury (Role Change): You want to see if Bruce is willing to give you a larger role, or failing that, just something badass to do? DC: 45 Reward: you get a larger role, and maybe something more.

[] Do auditions(Movies and TV Shows): You are going to go to some of the casting calls that are in the place that you can find work in. DC 20(Possibility of only getting a commercial or TV show job, or extra work in a low budget film)

[] Ask Clint if you can act in a movie of his: You know you hate yourself for doing this, but you are going to ask Clint for some help, see if he can give you a role. DC 80 (Clint may be helping you, but not enough to give you a role in one of his films, or risk his reputation on getting you into a movie without some assurance.)

[] Gophering, and other signs of stuff: You want to try and learn how work behind the camera works, and what better way than being a gopher. DC 50 (You have no idea what the hell they were doing, and you have no idea either)

[] Take a walk: Dad always said that the best ways to get inspiration are by walking, talking, and being open-minded. So you'll try that. DC 10 (You are just going for a walk, what could be really said.

[] Register in a theater: There are quite a few theater troops that are looking for some seasonal help for some play's that the regulars could not get to. Perhaps you can work there for a while. DC 60 (Everyone wants to be famous here in Hollywood.)

[] Go to a bar or something to make jokes: You wanted to try some comedy, perhaps you can try. even with your shit timing. DC 50 (Your Lack of comedy chops is going to be something that will bite you.)

[] Practice writing: You want to write something, maybe even a script. At least to learn the craft. DC 20 (You try your hand at screenwriting, and maybe get something that is worth a damn. Please note that your script quality will have a roll malus due to never trying something like this before.)

[] Research stuff, see if anything piques your interest: You may have graduated High School as a kid, but you never stopped trying to learn. DC 15 (Write-in what you want to learn about below)

[] Talk to Clint: You want to ask Clint a few questions, like how he met your father? DC 0 (You just ask Clint about ancient history)

[] Learn to play an instrument: You want to learn how to play something DC 80 (You have no idea what the hell you are doing.)

[] Call your parents: You need to call mom and dad, see how they are doing? DC 10 (You call your parents and see what they are doing)

A/N:

You have a choice here, folks.

That's it, that's all I could come up with. :V

Last edited:
[X]Yes: Will automatically negotiate fee and script changes, and it will be January of 1971, in Hong Kong, for storyboarding and scripting. You will also be celebrating a birthday.

[X]Yes: Will automatically negotiate fee and script changes, and it will be January of 1971, in Hong Kong, for storyboarding and scripting. You will also be celebrating a birthday

Back