Lets Get To It! Rwby Ideas/discussion Thread

Title says it all.

Blake
-The Hopeful

They came from space, from the stars, and what they could not destroy they enslaved. 8 years of war for the planet of Remnant. What little information we could gather told us they were called the Grineer Empire. Controlled by 2 Immortal Empresses they had discovered Remnant about 27 years ago and had only just now been able to send a force to conquer us. There are no human or faunus divides anymore, we've all bled together.

Thousands forced to work for dust and materials to fuel their war machine. What little strikes we managed barely tickled them as more and more of their forces landed and secured more and more territory. The Grimm were no match for their hordes, the once overarching fear of the Grimm switched to the fear of the armies of Grineer instead.

And then...they arrived. We don't know who or what they're called. We know nothing about them...only that their arrival terrified the Grineer. The transmissions we intercepted picked up by magnitudes. Great explosions shone through the night and day as their great galleons burnt as they fell through the atmosphere. Their mines were shattered and burned, the former slaves freed and hidden away. Great ships flew through the atmosphere of our world, showering us in light and protection. We had hope.

Fleets that had once shattered cities and homes now crashed into the earth as little more than scraps. Trenches miles deep and wide formed from their collapse. The dead bodies of Grineer soldiers littered what once had been our cities and towns, our homes and work places. Even with this destruction the Grineer did not cease, more and more galleons and soldiers came to Remnant to plunder our planet. It was too late, our unknown allies arrival had shown us they were not invincible, that they could be beaten, and that we could win.
- Blake Belladonna, 3rd in command of the Vytal Unified Resistance.

Excalibur
-The First

My name is Excalibur. I am the first and I will be the last. 3 months have passed since we arrived on this formerly untainted planet. Countless foes have fallen to my blades and those of my sisters and brothers. It is not enough. More and more vermin come. The Lotus and my siblings fight hard, fight well, and fight long. We have stood on the shores of a thousand worlds and will stand upon a thousand more.

It is not too late for this planet, the taint of the Grineer is weakening. Their Empire crumbles before them. They do not see their destruction on the horizon and how could they? The ones so blinded by hate and degradation. Even now wrecks of their once "mighty" ships litter the space of this planet, monuments to our blades, our bullets, our will.

The Lotus has determined it is time for us to meet our allies on this planet. The information gathered shows them capable of great things, but I wonder...will they be worthy allies? Will they be honorable? I wish to find out, I wish to find what these people of this world are capable of. Will they stand with us as we drive the Grineer back into their pits? Will they betray us when the Grineer are gone from their world? It matters not.

My Blade is always ready.
- Excalibur Prime, Clan Excalibur[First Guardians][First Chosen][Voidborn]

Rhino
-The Charger

I am Rhino. The Charger as my kin call me. I am the first into the battle and the last to leave. My roar has echoed throughout the universe and its sound is that of death. To fight me is to fight a mountain.

The Grineer have decided to infest and degrade another planet once untouched by their sickening hands of degenerate flesh and cybernetics. Where this world falters, I do not. The Lotus has sent myself, Excalibur, Ember, and Trinity with me to make contact with these rebels, the natives. They are...odd to me. They are not degenerated like the Grineer, nor are they filled with greed like the Corpus. They live, they die, they exist. Faint flashes of what was once mine and my siblings flash in my mind as we wait...and as we fight. I have forgotten so much...but why do I remember when I see them fight? When we watch from the void? What is about these natives that make me remember?

As my hammer fells Grineer and as their Galleons sink into the atmosphere of this planet...I cannot help but wonder; Will I remember everything? Will my mind tell me the secrets that we Tenno have lost? I cannot say for certain, but then as we know...nothing ever is.

-Rhino, The Charger
Blake
-The Hopeful
Excalibur
-The First
Rhino
-The Charger
Ember
-The Flame
Trinity
-The Everlasting
Lotus: The Everwatcher

Ember
-The Flame

I am Ember, the Flame to my siblings. The Grineer...and the Corpus believe I burn. I do not. I ERUPT! I remember her...as do my sister Embers. The one who showed us kindness after we fell into the darkness. In our own way, we named her mother...and then we hurt her. Yet...she did not break.

Now we march against the Grineer once more. To protect a world that can still be purified and shall be purified by my fire. By my Will and its terror; I will seek them out. I will find their pits. I will burn them into extinction.

My light burns and what was once my life is over...but the natives of this world still have life in them. To survive and united against a foe like the degenerate and corrupt Grineer is worthy of song and honor. To battle together despite historical differences is to show that they deserve a place of their own in this Universe.

This Universe...I will make it all burn in the fires of life and death. I will shower worlds with peace and calm. Maybe...maybe then I and my siblings can also find peace.

-Ember Prime, Herald of Life, Beacon of Fire

Recommendations;

Soulbound
By: xT-Zealot
"These teammates will be with you for the rest of your time here at Beacon, so it is in your best interest to be paired with someone with whom you can work well. That being said, the first person you make eye contact with after landing will be your partner for the next four years." [Pseudo-Novelization]
Rated: Fiction T - English - Romance/Adventure - [Blake Belladonna, Yang Xiao Long] [Weiss Schnee, Ruby Rose] - Chapters: 6 - Words: 95,357 - Reviews: 71 - Favs: 95 - Follows: 143 - Updated: Apr 13 - Published: Jan 28 - id: 10062463

Zodiac
By: inkbender
If the RWBY characters were all faunus... AU in which a certain Jaune Arc fakes his transcript to gain admission into an all-faunus battle school - except he's the only human being in all of Menagerie. With his luck, it doesn't take long before he's embroiled within all their petty school politics. Which may or may not be related to all those unplanned panty shots.
Rated: Fiction T - English - Adventure/Humor - Jaune Arc - Chapters: 12 - Words: 56,821 - Reviews: 130 - Favs: 152 - Follows: 193 - Updated: Apr 19 - Published: Nov 16, 2013 - id: 9852586

There are probably a few others that I missed as I was going through but these 2 seem to be the most common overall. Also if you guys who made snippets and the like on SB you can either PM me here and I'll chuck them up in here with all the others or you can just rehost them on here so people can read them while SB is derping like it does.

Last edited:
Going to repost the outline for a story concept I came up with over at SB.
Note: This is up for grabs for any author who wants to take a crack at it.
Note #2: This was meant as a FRIENDSHIP fic not a straight up Ship fic. I feel it's important that I make that distinction.

Here's the outline(Note: takes place after volume 1):
  • While walking towards class one day, Blake comes across Velvet being cornered by Cardin's gang. Doing her best impression of Yang, Blake gets the four bullies to back off.
  • Later in class, our young heroes learn that each student will be paired with another student for a field assignment to determine how well they can work with other Hunters/Huntresses outside of their normal teams and partners. Jaune gets Yang, Nora gets Weis, Ruby gets Cardin, and by shear coincidence, Blake gets Velvet.
  • They then get dropped - literally - into different sections of a vast labyrinth filled with grimm, and while the other teams begin having wacky interactions, Blake and Velvet immediately are besieged by Ratnids, foot-long grimm that have the body, tail, and head of a rat, eight legs, spider eyes, and can shoot web from it's tail, Oh, and they swarm.
  • After escaping the ratnids, the duo are trapped with the only way out being blocked by a large gorilla grimm. Deciding it's the only course of action, they attack it. The fight goes on for a bit, the girls' speed and agility countering the shear brute force of the grimm, until it gets lucky and manages to backhand Blake into a wall.
  • Seeing this, Velvet pulls out all the stops and finishes off the grimm in a quick and awesome barrage of attacks.
  • With the grimm gone, Velvet goes to check on Blake. After making sure she's okay, Velvet notices that Blake's bow got knocked off by the hit. More importantly, she also notices what the bow was hiding *Cough*Cat Ears*Cough*.
  • Some time later, Blake wakes up, her bow mysteriously back on her head, and notices Velvet curled up and sitting beside her. Blake asks her if she's okay, but Velvet just says she doesn't want to talk about it and that they should probably get out of the labyrinth.
  • Later, after everyone got back to the school, Blake goes over to Velvet to talk and ask if she wants to hang out sometime. Velvet says it's probably not a good idea and then just walks away. Blake, not wanting to leave it at that, stops her and wants to know why. After a little prying, Velvet finally comes out and angrily states that she saw what was under Blake's bow. Shocked and a little worried, Blake pulls Velvet into an empty classroom where the two begin discussing and then arguing.
  • The Argument goes along these lines:
    • You don't understand
    • Of course I understand, you think you're the only faunus who's been discriminated?
    • *A few lines of back and forth later*
    • I don't care what your reasons are, Blake! I've dealt with the bigots, the racists, the threats, and even mobs, but I have never been so shamed as to hide who I am!
  • Velvet storms out of the room, leaving an emotionally hurt Blake behind.
  • After a talk with her team and a night of uneasy sleep, Blake gets up, gets dressed, and heads out to the cafeteria for breakfast like she normally does. However, unlike normal, everyone is staring - some with gaping mouths - at her, and instead of going to sit with her team, she walks over to Velvet and asks if she can sit by her.
  • About to retort, Velvet looks up and then freezes mid-thought as she sees that Blake is missing her usual headpiece and her cat ears are out in the open for everyone to see.
So, what do you think? (While I appreciate likes, I prefer actual comments on the idea much more.)

Hmm well I did propose and avengers (movie) cross a while back. Nothing I've seen is from RWBY is Ironman/Hulk/Thor level yet, but the teams would probably be a nice link between the heavy hitters and the badass normals.

Really interesting but it may be worth it to wait until the new part of RWBY starts. We don't really know what the overall fallout between Blake's secret coming out to her team will mean for the overall series currently. For all we know she could decide to leave the bow off entirely...

Hmm well I did propose and avengers (movie) cross a while back. Nothing I've seen is from RWBY is Ironman/Hulk/Thor level yet, but the teams would probably be a nice link between the heavy hitters and the badass normals.

I honestly don't think it'd work out very well, I've seen a kinda-ok fusion of it but even then it seems like the 2 universes couldn't really be crossed without a lot of work and even then it might not fully flow together. The 2 universes are just far too different really.

I honestly don't think it'd work out very well, I've seen a kinda-ok fusion of it but even then it seems like the 2 universes couldn't really be crossed without a lot of work and even then it might not fully flow together. The 2 universes are just far too different really.
The same could be said about a lot of universes that get crossed, and RWBY seems to fit in pretty well as far as power is concerned.

Although I'll not that I'm talking more in terms of dropping the main cast of RWBY into the avengers or vice versa, its often much easier then just jamming two universes together. So yeah as long as you stick to something like dropping a few characters from one of the universes into the other it should be much easier so far, but then again it would mostly be character interaction outside of combat.

Might be interesting to see how Blake and Bruce banner get along, or seeing Ruby's reaction to Iron mans armor.

<.<
>.>

Jojo crossover? Although part of that is mostly the amusement of team RWBY trying to figure out what the hell is going on the first time they see a Stand in action.

Alternatively, what might their Stands be like. I imagine the quick and dirty way to do things would be to give the Stand the power conveyed by their Semblance. So, Ruby's is really fast, Phyrra's has magnetism...

Hm. Whose Semblances have we seen? Blake's double images, perhaps...

Very weird crossover idea here. After going on a Son of Anarchy binge with my brother recently it occured to me that Ruby could totally make a fully functional version of the scythe in the SAMCRO logo which gave me the idea of her being thrown into the "real" world and ending up as a weapon designer for the gang after being taken in while wandering the streets alone and lost or something like that.

Why would Ruby work with a gang? Seriously thats so OOC that its ridiculous. Shes got superhuman stats in pretty much every category. She'd get contacted by the Government or something when they noticed "Superhuman Girl running around with a gang(again why?)". Then she'd find a nice comfy building where she can do whatever the hell she wants and probably gets help to send her back to her reality or something. The Government isn't LOLEVIL like a lot of fiction shows and you can be damn sure that her abilities would probably reach the President. Tried posting on SB, server didn't respond.

Alright, I get that. It just popped out to me as one of those "WTF" ideas I sometimes see on FF.net.
Her working for the goverment was actually one of the other ideas I had but I didn't bother mentioning it because the whole thing was silly anyway. Though it might work if we used an Alternate Universe Ruby that was part of the SoAverse all along and with some of the darker interpretations of Ruby's character (fucked up in the head by her mothers death and all that) or just painfully naive about what her sweethearts are getting used for.

Okay, since I haven't seen any suggestion for it yet, has anyone thought of what a ME/RWBY fusion crossover would look like with the Humans of RWBY replacing the humans of Mass Effect? Perhaps Dust is an Allotrope of Element Zero and lifetimes of exposure to it were what gave Humans their Aura abilities?

Also does anyone have any NEW fic recs, as in ONES THAT AREN'T ZODIAC AND SOULBOUND? Preferably ones a bit more focused on adventure and less focused on forcefully pushing two characters together until the fall madly in love.

Try Fading Flames, which is--hm. I'll let the summary speak for itself:

Summary: RWBY AU. Ruby Rose, the daughter of a famous Huntress. Weiss Schnee, sole heiress to the Schnee Corporation. Driven by a sense of desperation and guilt, these two girls are thrown into the world. With a single goal- to find and take revenge upon the people responsible for ruining their lives- the two find themselves drawn to each other. Together, they must attempt to move on from their pasts and find peace before they go too far.

edit: Actually, I'll say something. Some things. While I can't guarantee there will never be romance further down the line, it's very much focused on adventure--and characterisation.

Last edited:

I am Trinity, the third born from the void. Like Brother Oberon and Brother Nekros I hold the Power of Life...and Death in equal measure. To my brothers and sisters I am the Everlasting. A title that brings great respect...and greater fear. Within this tortured body, within this existence I alone show a different path of the void than my siblings. It is true that Brother Oberon can heal, but he cannot give life to the lifeless or death to the deathless. My Soul burns brightly amongst this once untainted stars and skies of the universe.

I have found them. I have found them. The untainted. The unbroken. The Living! Did the Cursed Orokin really believe we would not find them? That we would not find those we were meant to guard against the taint and darkness this universe holds so closely to its soul and being?! Even now my connection with my siblings shows that they begin to remember as I do. As we see them...our...people. Humans. Untainted. The beauty cannot be denied by any but the blind and cowardly.

My Path is clear. The Grineer will be exterminated entirely. Their ships, their weapons, their existence shall become dust and ruin. For each life they have taken from these untainted I will return them 10,000 fold. It is time for the Harvest. Even now my sisters hear my cry. Trinity marches to war.

I am Everlasting.

-Trinity, The Everlasting

So quick headcanon explanations here regarding my thoughts on Tenno.

Obviously there are far more than just 1 Tenno each. Especially with the discovery of the Prime Warframes and the like showing that the older a Tenno is the stronger they get. But all Tenno "Clans" like Excalibur are all like a hivemind of sorts; yet they're free to do and go about their business however they please as long as it doesn't truly harm another Tenno. They also communicate telepathically through the Void(which also imbues them with the hiveminded like connection mentioned above.). In game this is shown by the chat and it explains why the Grineer/Corpus view the Tenno as little more than Silent Killers/Betrayers.

Tenno - Orokin thoughts

Honestly they're probably very different and widespread in how each Tenno views the Orokin. With a lot of their memories stripped from them and their own newer wars against both the Corpus and Grineer they try not to think too hard on the past while the future is still uncertain. However Clans like the Excaliburs and Trinity remember quite a bit more than the other Tenno and when they try to explain their feelings to the others it doesn't fully get through...because well Excalibur and Trinity are the only clans to remember what happened in the void to change them...and they're not at all happy. Ember gets flashes but nothing else...and Rhino. Well Rhino forgot quite a bit during the Long Sleep. As an example during the rare times not in battle or in stasis, Rhino was an avid painter/reader.

Tenno - The Lotus thoughts

The Lotus(for those of who have noticed the spacing underneath the Rhino) is a not-Tenno Tenno. They basically adopted her as one of their own and she adopted them. She doesn't show it but she considers the honor of being called a sister to the Tenno the highest honor she has ever received. The Orokin can lavish all the praises and accolades on her all they want. She doesn't give 2 credits about those. For her protecting Humanity and keeping her Family as safe as possible is the greatest goal.

Its also incidentally why she
Helped the Tenno kill most of the Orokin before the Long Sleep. That and they were douchebags. Seriously who the hell tosses children into a hellspace where physical laws are not just mere-suggestions but actively ignored and then makes those children fight what was possibly a Galactic War of apocalyptic proportions? Apparently the Orokin.

Tenno Memories and Remnant
Well this is going to be a long one...but if I ever decide to fully storyize(yes I know not a real word, screw you I'm American :p ) these snippets then it'll have more detail drawn to it. But for those of who you noticed the Fury of Trinity in response to the Grineer's tainting of Remnant and her claim of revenge there is something about Humans(Faunus included...they just have slightly higher senses and add-ons. Big deal they're human to me and they're human to the Tenno) on Remnant that makes the Tenno want to do everything in their power to see them restored to their rightful place amongst the Galaxy. So yeah, in a story version of this you'd probably see background mentions that the Tenno have gone from "Sabotage and Breakdown little groups" into fullscale "Grineer and Corpus are fucked" warlevels. In game the Grineer/Corpus have shown they're upgrading their tech and the like...well thats against Tenno who aren't fully...unlocked is perhaps the best word. I'll leave that vague statement to get people curious. :D

Okay guys, I have shocking News. A new AoT/RWBY crossover has been posted... And it doesn't suck!

Attack On! RWBY

It's only got two chapters so far, but it's over 16 thousand words long. If you can get past the hiccup of how everyone just up and accepted that team RWBY just got dropped into the AoT universe, it's a pretty good read.

Okay guys, I have shocking News. A new AoT/RWBY crossover has been posted... And it doesn't suck!
Why did you lie to me? :(
Attack On! RWBY

It's only got two chapters so far, but it's over 16 thousand words long. If you can get past the hiccup of how everyone just up and accepted that team RWBY just got dropped into the AoT universe, it's a pretty good read.
That was far from the only fault it had. Overly long descriptions of what the characters are wearing, pointless ecchi shenanigans that don't fit the tone of either series, poor grammar, awkward narration that keeps switching from one point of view to the other with no warning, poorly set up plot device to facilitate the crossover, pointless rehash of canon events despite the huge butterfly the presence of four superhumans present which leads to, somehow forgetting that the members of team RWBY are superhuman and heavily nerfing them in general, boring fight scenes and I think there's more but this really isn't worth putting more effort into.

Edit: Add hamfisted attempts at hyping the titans as threats when they really shouldn't be.

I wanted to enjoy this I really did and I kept hoping that it would get better but I'm almost halfway through chapter 2 and so far reading has been a slow agonizing crawl. I need to take regular breaks just to let some of the pain of reading this fade away before diving in once more.

Derecced.

Last edited:
So I guess this is technically fanfiction.

http://kumafromtaiwan.tumblr.com/henceforward AU catalog

Edit1:

Anyone who hasn't seen it here is a(not so) quick run down.

Weiss invites The team to her Inheritance ceremony. As Ruby and Yang loligag around or something Blake teams up with fake tormenters and betrays Weiss and shatters/breaks Myrtenmaster. Well before that she uses it to pierce straight through Ruby as she arrives on the scene. Yang arrives and distraught at both the attack on Ruby and the sudden betrayal and her own feelings for Blake lets her go. We get to see a scene showing someone welcoming Blake back to the white fang with an image of Blake putting on a mask while tears run down her face. Fast forward a bit, Ruby's in the hospital, Weiss is worried sick, and Yang plays the sacrificial lamb to better hunt down Blake. Ruby wakes up, amazingly unpermanently injured and wonders what the hell just happened.

Fast forward a few more years and the White Fang being utterly retards cross the line from assassinations to outright slow genocide by introducing a bioweapon that fucks with Humans aura(once again I'll state the Faunus are human with enhancements/buffs). Anyways apparently it fucks with a huge portion of society and Phyrra apparently contracted it and is mostly confined to bed. Team JNR(notice no P) go around to refugee camps and the like teaching people how to control the Aura problems as best they can. Oh...and they're honored/worshipped as Gods...to avoid making a multi-page rant about the sheer stupidity of that word choice(giving the benefit of the doubt since the artist is from Taiwan), that is not how humans work. At All. Case Closed.

Oh and Weiss fused with Dust somehow and can now make dust crystals sprout out of her skin for...whatever she wants I suppose. Also it looks like Ruby wants to kill Blake. At least thats the impression I got from when she left the hospital...which is very OOC. Ruby would want to save Blake. From herself and the White Fang. Reunite Team RWBY. Get Team JNPR back on their feet and then Utterly annihilate any chance of the White Fang becoming more powerful and turning them from a Sabertooth cat into a declawed house-cat.

Last edited:
Wow. That went full retard quickly.

I know fanfiction is supposed to be your own interpretation of what canon is and should be like, but it seems to me that the RWBY fandom has two settings: Creepy harem hijinks and grimderp.

On that note, has anyone written a crossover where one of the instructors is Big Boss? Sneaking lessons for going through Grimm infested territory, plus the basics of CQC.

Well Kuma just replied to a lot of Asks, she did mention there is a good end(although it'll take a while) and its likely that no Main Characters will "die". Also some of my mentions above in the post are just wrong because I misremembered. In any case it has a potentially bright future and I may decide to keep track of it after all.

What if the evil alliance, where the source of the Grimm?. So the ranger corp sent their representative. In this case SPD. The character Kat might be a fauna seeking a job at SPD, since they don't discriminate. And yeah:

RWBY EMERGENCY!:cool:

Humans are fauna exile to vale. One group wanted to fuck them, the other group wanted to kill them all with SCIENCE!. Well, that group resulted in the Grimm(hence no soul). Now the former group make a deal with the fauna. Buddies now, kumbaya later after the Grimm. Needless to say, we let the fauna dies first. Saving our strength. Boy are faunas piss.

Back