Law School Simulator Quest, 2016

"I'm here because I'm interested in Intellectual Property law, professor. But to answer your question, Article 3, Section 2 of the United States Constitution mentions that the Supreme Court and the lower federal courts have judicial power over cases and controversies arising from the constitution. The judicial review system allows federal courts to review state decisions which relate to federal constitutional rights."

As a Law student myself this quest is already seeming familiar.

--> [ ] "Uh..... no?"
--> [ x ] (Write in)[/QUOTE]
You are clearly going to a Canadian law school, because any scrub can get into a US law school. :V

Well Professor, it's funny that you should ask that.

I recognize the Americanization of... everything... is quite prominent these days. I know that the United States is quite an influential trading partner, and that many of our laws, and a lot of our legal system are quite similar.

However, as it is my first day of my Canadian law school experience, I was hoping we could focus on something more directly relevant to Canada. Such as the Canadian court system. I will be practicing in Canada, and I hope to have a solid foundation of the Canadian courts before I start dabbling into foreign jurisdictions. In fact, my upper-year friends have advised me not to take Conflicts :V

Interactive Citation Workbook for the Bluebook: $44
The Bluebook of Legal Citation: $75
Legal Argument: The Structure and Language of Effective Advocacy, $75
Legal Research Guide: Patterns and Practice: $41
Legal Writing in Plain English: $19

Even accounting for the exchange rate I am literally crying over how cheap these are.

[] LadyDenning
I really wanted to do that one, but I figured talking back to the professor might be a bad idea
[X] MJ12 Commando

[JK] No hablo Engles. Hablo Español?
-[JK] When he responds in perfect Spanish, shout "Cuckaracha!" and stomp on the foot of the person next to you.
--[JK] Flee the classroom, and pull the fire alarm when you're outside.
---[JK] Continue to shout "Cuckarachas!" as you run through the halls.

[JK] No hablo Engles. Hablo Español?
-[JK] When he responds in perfect Spanish, shout "Cuckaracha!" and stomp on the foot of the person next to you.
--[JK] Flee the classroom, and pull the fire alarm when you're outside.
---[JK] Continue to shout "Cuckarachas!" as you run through the halls.

This is Canada. You want to use French. :V

[X] WRITE IN

"I'm here because I'm interested in Intellectual Property law, professor. But to answer your question, Article 3, Section 2 of the United States Constitution mentions that the Supreme Court and the lower federal courts have judicial power over cases and controversies arising from the constitution. The judicial review system allows federal courts to review state decisions which relate to federal constitutional rights."

[x] MJ12

Hopefully not too many updates before we get back to dropping EDM at MDMA festivals, hitting up girls impressed by us being a law student on Twindr and fighting rioting Habs fans.

"Yes."

Be overly literal in our response. He asked us whether we could answer, we've no given reason to actually do so.

Alternatively:
[] "Yes, would you like me to do so now?"
-[] Proceed to give answer as outlined in other votes

Last edited:
[X] WRITE IN

So.... If we actually finish this, do we each get a diploma or only SV as a collective?

[X] WRITE IN

I had to pay about £400 all my study guides, and have to spend about £50 per textbook. It's a real racket.

Did you make a special (whatever those things proceeding quests are called) for this quest?

No, I asked him to and then added it to this quest :V

If you have an original quest in need of a prefix just report it if you can't do it yourself (I can't remember if you can add prefixes if you're thread author)

I'm a tad late to this thread but this is so awesome I can't believe @Crilltic didn't link me it before. Anyway, I vote:

[X] LadyDenning

Happy birthday btw.

Back