[X] Elizabeth Alveston
[X] Female
[X] I, Elizabeth, just wanted to live a peaceful and quiet life

[x] Plan: Jill Joe Wants a Quiet Life
-[x] Jill Joe
-[x] Male
-[x] I, Jill Joe, just wanted to live a peaceful and quiet life!

[X] Ulysses Masterson
[X] Male
[X] I, Ulysses Masterson, have a dream! To be the one at the top, to transcend the concept of karma and fate! To be the best, the method does not matter!

[X] Ulysses Masterson
[X] Male
[X] I, Ulysses Masterson, have a dream! To be the one at the top, to transcend the concept of karma and fate! To be the best, the method does not matter!

Voting period is over.

Expect the update to come out tomorrow. Mostly because I just had a test today and my brain feels heavy.
Adhoc vote count started by Look to the Left on Jan 24, 2019 at 7:32 PM, finished with 29 posts and 20 votes.

• [X] Elizabeth Alveston
    [X] Female
    [X] Ulysses Masterson
    [X] Male
    [X] Kira Yoshikage
    [X] Male
    [X] I, *insert name here*, just wanted to live a peaceful and quiet life
    [X] Joe Rando
    [X] Male
    [X] I want fame and glory
    [X] Jessica Zayek
    [X] I'm a woman like no other
    [X] I want fame and glory
    [X] Insert Name Here
    [X] Male
    [X] I 「I.N. Here」 just wanted to live a peaceful and quiet life
    [x] Plan: Jill Joe Wants a Quiet Life
    -[x] Jill Joe
    -[x] Male
    -[x] I, Jill Joe, just wanted to live a peaceful and quiet life!

Character Creation Part 2
OOC: Sorry if the update is short. The main quest will start after this half of Character Creation.

[X] Elizabeth Alveston
[X] Female

High Concept: Seeking a Peaceful Existence

To live life as tranquil as a plant? A mediocre ambition but one that isn't necessarily a bad thing.

But peace is a rarity in this world. It is almost the mandate of life to skew with the schemes of mice and men.

Often though it's man itself that creates his own self destruction. Wherein those reaching for heaven instead find themselves in hell cause by circumstance, vice or foolishness

The same is for you as well. You're your own worst foe. Tell me? What is it that holds you back?

[This will determine your Trouble]

[X] I have a nasty temper that I try to hide [Hidden Wrath]

[X] I enjoy the suffering of others, reluctantly [Reluctant Sadist]

[X]I'm shy to the point that I can't deal with social situations [Shrinking Violet]

[X] I really don't care [Apathy]

[X] Write in [Trouble]

Still, even with one's trouble's we still have worth. You have things you're good at right? What are they?

Note that all skills aren't listed here. There are some that can only be gained later in the quest.

Social Skills
Negotiate: Catch all term for speech and barter checks.

Charm: Lowers guard and hostility towards you.

Intimidate : Makes others fearful of you.

Lie: The power of bullshit.

Disguise: Hiding one's self behind a persona.
--

Combat Skill
Punch: Unarmed attack.

Melee (type): Armed attack.

Shoot (type): Ranged attack.

Dodge: Roll to dodge an attack. If failed, take full brunt of the damage.

Block: Instead of rolling to prevent damage. Roll to see how much damage is soaked up.

Pray: ???
--

Work Skills
Learning: The ability to learn and train skills.

Investigate: Checking areas or objects of interest to ascertain special detail or clues.

Cook: The ability to cook.

Chemistry: Knowledge and ability to create and ascertain concoctions.

Psychology: Knowledge of the mind. Lets one pry into the deeper workings of a person.

Theology: Knowledge and beliefs of god and religious duty.

Medical Know How: Knowledge of the body, ability to ascertain damage and heal others.

Search Internet: The ability to search the internet for information.

Music (instrument): Prowess at the art of music.

Photography: How good you are at taking photos.

Sports (type): Prowess at one's chosen type of non-combat recreation.
--

Special Skills
Bilingual: The ability to read and speak in different languages.

Deciphering: The ability to decode hidden and/or encrypted messages.

Retain Sanity: The power to keep one's psyche intact in the face of madness.

Video Gaming: One's prowess at playing games.

Luck: ???

[X] Custom
-[X] Great (+4 to rolls) Choose one
-[X] Good (+3 to rolls) Choose two
-[X] Fair (+2 to rolls) Chose three
-[X] Average (+1 to rolls) Chose four

[X] Social Butterfly
-[X] Great: Negotiate
-[X] Good: Charm, Runner
-[X] Fair: Learning, Investigate, Redirect attention
-[X] Average: Search Internet, Punch, Hide, Video Gaming

[X] Secret Boxing Prodigy
-[X] Great: Punch
-[X] Good: Dodge, Medical Know How
-[X] Fair: Learning, Runner, Video Gaming
-[X} Average: Search Internet, Cook, Investigate, Intimidate

[X] Amateur Detective
-[X] Great: Investigate
-[X] Good: Search Internet, Negotiate
-[X] Fair: Learning, Hide, Runner
-[X] Average: Medical Know How, Chemistry, Psychology, Video Gaming

[X] Hidden Occult Nutter
-[X] Great: Learning
-[X] Good: Investigate, Search Internet
-[X] Fair: Deciphering, Bilingual, Retain Sanity
-[X] Average: Hide, Runner, Shoot (Sling Shot), Cook

Last edited:
Crap, forgot one of the Prebuilt Skill Sets.

Edit: Added in.

Edit: Adding more things later in the update to clarify stuff.

Last edited:
[X] JoJo
-[X] Great (+4 to rolls) Lie
-[X] Good (+3 to rolls) Punch, Psychology
-[X] Fair (+2 to rolls) Retain Sanity, Dodge, Investigate
-[X] Average (+1 to rolls) Block, Medical Know How, Search Internet, Deciphering

I mean we can't make our name JoJo but whatever... Still not giving up lol.

Also can we have a list of the skills we'll be using? I don't recognize some of these.

Last edited:
[X] Secret Boxing Prodigy
-[X] Great: Punch
-[X] Good: Dodge, Medical Know How
-[X] Fair: Learning, Runner, Video Gaming
-[X} Average: Search Internet, Cook, Investigate, Intimidate

Also can we have a list of the skills we'll be using? I don't recognize some of these.

Sorry about that.

I added one in thanks to the advice of another person.

Edit: I might've screwed it up with this update. I'll make it up with the next one.

Last edited:
I'm torn on this, on one hand it suits the motivation, on the other... might lead to boring character interactions.
As for the skills I'm not really sure what we're going to need to do in this quest so I don't have a good sense of what we need to prioritise.

[X] Social Butterfly

Is one of these 2 ok ?
If too weak is both together ok ?

[] I kinda put myself before the others [Selfishness]

[X] I'm way too curious for my own good [ Curioussness]
-We can't stop prying cause we love gossiping-

[X] Social Butterfly

Last edited:
[X] Social Butterfly

So...the combo makes Elegant Trolling Butterfly?

[X] Hidden Occult Nutter

Uh...

Okay...

Voting seems a bit... Off...

I'll just count it myself then...
Adhoc vote count started by Look to the Left on Jan 28, 2019 at 2:20 PM, finished with 13 posts and 10 votes.

• [X] I enjoy the suffering of others, reluctantly [Reluctant Sadist]
    [X] Hidden Occult Nutter
    [X] Soccial Butterfly
    [X] JoJo
    -[X] Great (+4 to rolls) Lie
    -[X] Good (+3 to rolls) Punch, Psychology
    -[X] Fair (+2 to rolls) Retain Sanity, Dodge, Investigate
    -[X] Average (+1 to rolls) Block, Medical Know How, Search Internet, Deciphering
    [X] Social Butterfly
    [X] I'm way too curious for my own good [ Curioussness]
    [X] Social Butterfly
    [X] Social Butterfly
    [X] Hidden Occult Nutter

Okay scratch that, I just separated votes by blocks.

Seems like you're all (unwilling) sadists with a hand in the occult.

Writing I guess.

Edit: Actually. It seems like Occult Nutter and Social Butterfly have a tie. Can someone break it?

Edit: Wait... Crap. Counted wrong again. Looks like social butterfly won. Not sure why there are two "CCs" in @SleepMode and @wingstrike96's vote though...
Adhoc vote count started by Look to the Left on Jan 28, 2019 at 2:22 PM, finished with 14 posts and 10 votes.

Last edited:
A trip to the store - 1
OOC: This update took me five years to write.

[X] Social Butterfly

Only ghosts roam the streets of Fahrenheit and even then they would've very much prefer to stay in their grave.

Despite the police recommendation to stay indoors, you ventured out to grab some groceries at the convenience store. From what you've read off the local chat rooms, it's the only business still left open in town.

You first had to walk through the farmer's market now a skeleton of its former self. The meat was still clinging to the bones, either desperately hoping for a few brave shoppers or are just late in packing up their bags. They didn't have anything that interested you, just some things like jars of honey or natural tea. Items too niche for your needs at the moment.

The farmer's market, making up half of the business sector, was located in the southern section with the more 'formal' businesses hosted north. Even so, most of those businesses are closed, except for the police station, a minor home improvement retailing store and your destination the convenience store.

You never once realized how much you were used to the ever present crowd that exchanged pleasantries and greetings. The young kids exploring the occasional odd fruit or products of hopeful artists.

The way the area was laid so bare you'd almost believed that the residents had disappeared out of clean air. You are reminded of places such as Pripyat. A city long abandoned by civilization for fear of radiation or perhaps something more akin to the ghost towns of California.

You put such unpleasant thoughts behind moved on.

The store was basic though newly constructed just a few years ago.. It's modern architecture clashing with the older buildings of the area. This brought up bitter resentment that most opted not to hide.

It has an automatic sliding door, well, supposed to be anyways. Its opened by default, mostly due to the fact that someone threw a brick into it. So the doors are opened, two pieces of plywood covering the damage on both sides and attached with duck tape. A mere band aid until replacements come in.

The inside was fairly average. Ignoring the intruding breeze, it was clean, a predominately white colour scheme, shelves filled with the usual selection of high calorie snacks, cars fresheners, basic remedies and microwavable comestibles.

You walked towards the back of the building, grabbing a bag of kettle cooked chips and four cans of chicken noodle soup on the way. In front of you was a freezer filled with pop, frozen microwavable comestibles, etc.

You opened it and grabbed a large jug of milk.

You over to the counter. Manning the station was a girl your age. Black hair, dark eyes and an overall plain exterior.

Abigail Abbey was one of those kinds of people, perfectly pleasant to be around but never really staying in one's mind and instead merely floats behind the scenes. Nothing that bothers her much.

"Hello Elizabeth. Odd seeing you here, the murders have the entire town bordering up their homes."

"The same can be said for you."

"The perks of having a house next to your place of work if you can call them perks."

"Yeah… I don't think it has much perks other than that."

"At least people still treat me kindly. So… What's dragged you out of the house?"

You looked away. "We uh… Kinda forgot to buy some groceries."

She smiled. "Can't blame you, all these murders has thrown a wench into everyone's plans. Me and my family were planning to visit Winnipeg, watch a nice movie, nothing too deep or anything. Just some good fun. Now I'm just anxiously waiting for the boss to fix that damn door."

"Uh… Abigail? That's an automatic door… Not sure how much protection that's gonna give you."

She shrugged. "Might not be much, but at least it'll give me a peace of mind."

"Peace of mind huh."

"Anyways, enough of this doom, gloom and whatever… Ends in -oom I guess."

"What about toom?"

"Toom?"

You shrugged. "It means 'To empty in Britain'… I think?"

"Eh, whatever. Anyways, you sure that's all you want?"

"Well, I'd figure I'd be coming back again. You'll still be opened right?"

"Possibly…"

"I don't like the undertone you're giving…"

"The only reason why this place is open is because it's the newest building here you know? With security cameras, a button under the counter and so on and so forth… Pretty sure that the boss has a harpoon gun somewhere around here… Guess that's what happens when you make your business the same as your house. Well, the second floor is the house but you get the point.

"Still… The boss's getting tense and you know how... Macho I guess is the word?"

"Sounds like him. Rough's more along my description though."

"Mind your words. The setup we got here doesn't record any audio but I'd rather be safe than sorry. Anyways, what I'm saying is that it's better to stock up for the long run than it is to just keep coming here everyday for food."

"Yeah.. You make a great point."

And so you ventured forth to collect more food. Among these comestibles are cup ramen, canned food, a selection of junk food and two premade cheeseburgers.

You were about to grab some miscellaneous items when someone else came in the store.

A police officer. Still dressed in his black uniform as he walked towards the back of the building. He didn't seem like he was there. Like his mind was somewhere else.

He grabbed a six can pack of beer before walking up to the cash register. He was saying something to Abigail. You…

[X] Felt a deep burning curiosity and carefully moved over to a shelf full of ultimately useless knick knacks such as stands for your iPhone and the such.

[X] Decided it was better to respect their privacy.

[X] Felt a deep burning curiosity and carefully moved over to a shelf full of ultimately useless knick knacks such as stands for your iPhone and the such.

Back