It’s Not FUBAR Yet!: Isekai Quest

I don't understand this question but if I were to answer, 6 characters will be chosen. From there the actions of those characters will be subject to popular vote
Ah nvm, I misassumed that you thought there were 12 choices instead of 13.
THOUGH THE GODS EVENTUALLY PREVAIL WITH DRIVING OFF THE HORDE OF HUNDREDS OF SOULS, UNKNOWNS TO THEM ONLY 6 WOULD CROSS THE RUBICON LINE…

WHO ARE THE 6 THAT MADE UNDER THE NOSES OF THE GODS?
When you said who are the 6 that made under the noses of the gods I thought it meant who are the 6 who weren't chosen, apologies.

[X] William Powell
[X] Sigríður Thorlacius
[X] Rodger Östern
[X] Olutosin "Hawk Eye" Adeyinka
[X] Mila Brnabic
[X] Simon Arshaki Ter-Petrosian A.K.A Kamo

Last edited:
[X] Viktor Reznov
I like his moxie, and seems like a good dude.
Plus he's an ex-Soviet, which means that he has a brain and can do more than just follow orders. He questions them, and goes with what he thinks is right.

[X] Sigríður Thorlacius
Coast Guard. That's all. Someone who knows the ways of sea and water, and that we can rely on when we have a mission or objective that isn't solely land-based. I'd wish we had a pilot, to complete the triangle of land, sea, and sky, but beggars can't be choosers.

[X] 2nd Lt. Viktor (Supervisor) West
With such a legendary and memorable death, surviving most of what was thrown at him, I'd like to have a guy like him on the team. Not to mention that flares are a wonderful resource that we can use, and we likely have the only ones.

Besides him being the guy I created, so that small increment in bias is their, he's clearly an acclaimed sniper who specializes in that. With the lack of long-range stealth-based options in a fantasy world besides different types of magic, he's a commodity, and with the extra ammo magazine an asset that could effectively assasinate many troublesome political figures, like dark lords, corrupt administrators, or whoever.

[X] Tran Minh Tuan

Another good death story, with him seemingly being able to survive tussles with various wild animals that are many times stronger than a lone human, and even frightening one to the point of retreat. It seems nothing short of divine retribution will take him out, seeing as how the lightning finally put an end to him.

A classic isekai origin. I simply couldn't resist.

@CaliRebel , oh, and I added something to "Hawk-Eye's" backstory a bit before you posted everything.

Last edited:
[X] William Powell
[X] Sigríður Thorlacius
[X] Rodger Östern
[X] Mila Brnabic

This seems like a good balance of roles and items.

[X] William Powell
[X] Sigríður Thorlacius
[X] Rodger Östern
[X] Tran Minh Tuan

[X] William Powell
Literally the only person with a medical kit, why are there no combat medics?

[X] Viktor Reznov
Why would you not pick Reznov? Seriously, why?

Is apparently the only one with combat support tools, the values of flares and smoke grenades, even in a fantasy scenario, honestly cannot be understated, and I said mostly, so, I expect there's maybe a HEDP somewhere, also, he's an officer, and I'm biased!

Sniper with an anti-material rifle, just, yes, if there's anything big to kill, we'll need it, also, the extra mag is potentially interesting, it's either just an extra mag, or something more unique, maybe.

[X] Jack Southwind
A designated driver, and hey, an SMG, that'll be useful inside buildings and caves and such.

[X] Tran Minh Tuan
Of course I'll pick someone with as unlucky a backstory as West, that's hilarious, imagine when they ask "so, how did you die?" Well, we have two of the unluckiest people here in existence, good luck.

[X] William Powell
Literally the only person with a medical kit, why are there no combat medics?
You make a good point here. I was thinking that in a world of magic, we probably don't need too many conventional healing things, but he's likely well-versed in first-aid and on-the-go care if he carries a medkit. I might change my vote from Simon to William.

Is apparently the only one with combat support tools, the values of flares and smoke grenades, even in a fantasy scenario, honestly cannot be understated, and I said mostly, so, I expect there's maybe a HEDP somewhere, also, he's an officer, and I'm biased!

[X] Tran Minh Tuan
Of course I'll pick someone with as unlucky a backstory as West, that's hilarious, imagine when they ask "so, how did you die?" Well, we have two of the unluckiest people here in existence, good luck.
Two peas in a pod. I love to see elaborate deaths, and these two are sure to have some fun times.
(I also share your "my character" bias.)

[X] Viktor Reznov
[X] Nicholas Hudson
[X] Jack Southwind
[X] Sigríður Thorlacius
[X] William Powell

[X] William Powell
[X] Sigríður Thorlacius
[X] Rodger Östern
[X] Tran Minh Tuan

[X] William Powell
[X] Viktor Reznov

[X] Jack Southwind
[X] Tran Minh Tuan

You are ignoring content by this member.
9 hours to go, so far I have a map and tokens, I tried my best with looking for the best representation of tokens for the characters but it will do.

Vote closed
You are ignoring content by this member.
Scheduled vote count started by CaliRebel on Sep 9, 2022 at 9:47 AM, finished with 18 posts and 9 votes.

Ach, Viktor was so close to making it. Looks like we'll only be getting 1 crazy unlucky guy.
But I will say, this is a good team, and we've got the necessities down.

Why do I feel like the first enemy these Brave people will face are the Undead? Must be the Black Ops in my blood.

[X] Mila Brnabic

[X] Dorian Davis

[X] Nicholas Hudson

[X] Tran Minh Tuan

I feel like this quest has kicked the bucket...which i think is quite sad since it never really got off the ground.

Last edited:
I feel you Wil.
It was looking so promising too, and I'm pretty sure this would have been CaliRebel's first quest.
Well, we'll inscribe the names of the soon-to-be-forgotten characters on our hearts.

we'll inscribe the names of the soon-to-be-forgotten characters on our hearts.

I think i will actually write down my own character in notes in case another quest of this type pops up or who knows mabey a roleplay will pop up in the roleplay tread that will catch my eye.

Last edited:
Back