Infinite Possibility: A Space Opera GSRP

The cruiser was departing from Arthedain: they were entering, after a prolonged trip, the borders of Confederate space, travelling on the newly demarcated hyperlane stations - an excellent PR opportunity for one of the projects the Europa Concordat had made a flagship.

The conversation that followed would never survive its participants.

"You understand that I would only confide these doubts to you in a personal setting," the Chancellor began, reclined in the chair. Gryff Luven was by now the most powerful Chancellor in Confederate history: flush in the success of their Europa Concordat initiative and the brief victorious campaigns abroad, it was rare that they ever looked concerned.

But they did, now, their long-term aide Finnis Walker nodding attentively for them to continue.

"Has it never occurred to you how spontaneously coordinated the Great Houses suddenly became, in the process of that abortive little coup?"

"Your Excellency?"

"I mean to say, Finnis, that you cannot fail to have noticed that age-old grudges suddenly found themselves suspended. Knightly orders which have existed longer than some of the Low Men polities with just as distinguished rivalries joining hands with - I am led to believe - even the Low Men of the Xaff."

Finnis felt his brow curl in a frown.

"Now, I am willing to entertain the theory that Casroy was somehow charismatic enough to stitch them together - but the man had little of the diplomatic cunning required for all that, and his immediate family were all themselves enthusiastic participants in those blood feuds."

"You mean to say that you believe there is a third force behind this, your Excellency?"

"Precisely."

A tense silence lingered. The hum of the thruster was the only noise that punctuated through the spacious confines of the cabin.

"And what can we do about it?"

The Chancellor thinned their lips. "I will need you to attend House Aspar. We need the Eye."

Finnis frowned. "They are usually reticent to part with secrets, your Excellency."

"All the more reason to let them know we are looking. I doubt any of this has happened without Lord Kurvan's wilful ignorance at least enabling it."

"But who else has the political power to stitch this alliance together, Your Excellency?"

Gryff Suno leaned forward. "There are things older than even the Great Houses on Earth, Finnis. But it is a theory I need to confirm before I spout it."

Finnis stood, bowing at the waist. "Of course, Your Excellency."

As their aide turned to depart, the Chancellor glanced over their shoulder, and called after: "I shall be glad to be returned to civilised society soon. All this mingling has tired me."

Smiling, Finnis turned to reply, but could say nothing, for the explosion tore through the cabin, and both the Chancellor and their close confidant had little to say after that.

Last edited:

An Unexpected Rise

Lupen Creed assumes the Chancellery
Lupen Creed was perhaps the least political creature in the high echelons of Confederate politics. Hailing from no particular Great House and without the distinguishment of a great name, Creed had served through the civil service on Earth as under-secretary to Chancellor Gaius Faris, adjutant to Chancellor Hypatia Aspar, then - after a strategic endorsement - Gryff Luven. His appointment as Vice Chancellor at the close of Gryff's second term saw him unseat the more established Gasan Faris of that Great House, and was seen as a signal that the Chancellor was keen to pursue their centralising new direction without undue influence from the Great Houses and the Confederate Council in the upper echelons of the executive.

Historically, the role of Vice Chancellor has been largely defined by publicity opportunities and the thankless work of governing in the stead of the Chancellor in regions which they are not usually concerned with. Creed administered the reestablishment of the Confederate Reserve as the federal bank, and oversaw the fragile negotiations with House Suno which led to the creation of the Third Sphere - the clergy and religious dignitaries of the Confederated Systems. Characterised as detail-driven and meticulous, the newly-minted Chancellor Creed nonetheless had a painful lack of political imagination or fundamental ambition which had made him a dependable quantity for three successive Chancellors.

As a manager and diplomat, it was difficult to deny Creed's ability to work to a brief. However, as a leader, Creed is ultimately untested: the death of the Chancellor at a time of bitter contention between them and the Confederate Council will no doubt embolden the noble opposition, and many suspect that Creed will have to give ground to his former patron's political enemies if he is to stabilise his precarious position as Gryff's successor.

Standing as the first individual not from a Great House to hold the position of Chancellor in two hundred years, he will need every advantage he can get.

Last edited:
@Weygand

~ A public message to the Confederated Council, written in TERRAN and delivered by a Herald to the Council ~
This is the FIST OF TERRA, Memnon of the Xaf, Chancellor to the United Clans and loyal vassal to the Confederated Systems and its Council.
I would like to be the first to acknowledge and bring forth my grief at the news of Chancellor Luven's death. We send our deepest regards.
I would like to also congratulate the new Chancellor upon his rise. My oath of allegiance extends to you, my Chancellor, and as such, the Fist of Terra will be here to guard your northern frontier.
Glory to the Confederated Systems. Long live the Chancellor. Eternal Blood and God bind us.

~ A private message, given to the Confederate Chancellor, by hand and discreetly ~
I am Maz'Rakush, and I was your predecessors vassal. However, I am not blind to your politics. With more connection to your great civilization, I understand how you work. What manner of things you do and decide. You may think of me as 'Low Man', but I am my own King. While I guarantee that we will remain official allies, things have changed. With the death of Luven, thus breaks his power. While you may hold his title, the vultures that burnt him alive will now circle you.
If you need a friend I am here. However, it will take much convincing. Much more work than Luven did. I intend to create a society that shall stand upon your's shoulders, whether you wish it or not. And yet, how can you resist? You know you need me. Or else, I will be forced to find another, much better patron. Here is to you, Chancellor. Long may you reign.

Last edited:
Turn 4 Update 001- 3rd/Arth
THIRDSPHERE
Laroche's state seemingly went all out on reform, the ossification of government having led to internal disenchantment that the ruling elites identified as a threat. Though several processes intertwined themselves through the years, the primary was the political upheaval caused by reformists. Correctly foreseeing that established interests would resist change, they appealed to the people instead.

Efforts to organise among nationalists and the youth found moderate success, thanks to the tactical use of perceived increasing reactionary foreign threats, and the reformists' control of several important media institutions. However it was among the dissatisfied that the reformists (the "Green" faction) saw the most results obtained, to a degree unexpected.

Within the demands for reform, rejuvenation, and fight against corruption, the proposal to create "an easier path towards Active Citizenship" was seized upon by billions of Passive Citizens, who saw in it instead a path towards greater equality. Legal demonstrations in favour of the Greens- who, for their part, did not generally intend on many of the far reaching proposals hoped for such as universal educated suffrage- scared many influential party leaders. The reformists' goal was certainly not revolution, however. Instead, they sought to use this mobilization to induce pressure and record results at the upcoming party primaries.

Most of the citizens actively engaged in street politics were merely Passive, not Active, and this led to overenthusiasm. The voters proved resistant to many of the radical changes proposed, with the conservative Golds seeing only a small portion of their support ebb, though several smaller factions or "kadres" joined in alliance with the reformist Greens.

This government attempted to respond to issued demands, with the security services ordered to investigate corruption, and a few shuffles in portfolio, but generally maintained the usual course. A joint policy of rejuvenation and familial support granted all forms of citizens access to better childcare creches, in-vitro and other forms of alternative fertilization (though not cloning), and continued prior improvements in education. This saw some results, in particular with the uptick in economic growth, but nothing major yet.

More directly aimed at recouping popular support were the Montage Games, a set of wargames and drills set throughout the Third Sphere, which saw both the putting in practice of observed 'concentrated battle line' tactics and of attempts to fight around this. The stealth capabilities of some of the fleet's ships were tested strenuously, with all results classified, but some details did escape to intelligent observers. Perhaps of equal importance, they were a show of resolve and innovation on the federal government's part, successfully aimed at the nationalist part of the Green coalition.

Nonetheless, this success could not work against sheer numbers. Though the mass mobilization prior to the party primaries had died down, at the end of 97 AC a general election was slated to be called. A few diehard Green partisans started the process of creating a wave, and they were followed by most of the faction when they saw the popular appeal engendered. In most every city or town, rallies in favor of reform were happening, hoping for more and more. The result was to see a landslide Green victory, an affirmation that despite everything passive citizens still held out hope in change.

Maybe this was only due to radical greens' statements and not the kadre itself, but the matter was the same: joy in every town and neighborhood, joy unburdened by defeat, joy that the Sacred Founder's teachers were finally to be implemented for true.

ARTHEDAIN
Cultural identity is always based around core values, and national identity on it. In Arthedain, the holiness of the human form, the inborn right of liberty, was one that stemmed from their religious doctrine. Cloning was an utter affront to this, one that neither the state nor associations cared to defend. Propaganda campaigns against cloning found ready and willing ground, especially after the Confederate Systems sent a squadron of clone soldiers as honor guard to the wedding.

This resulted in a frenzy, with the monarchy intervening by declaring cloning to be punished by death, and all clones to be freed. Though the Terran delegation was protected by diplomatic immunity, their clones were nonetheless seized and freed. Ten of twelve used this freedom to return to the Systems, but two chose to remain in Arthedain.

The economic efforts of the state were meanwhile focused on industrial power, investing in the urban factory plants of developed planets as well as the incipient mass production of new colonies. The shipbuilding industry found itself especially benefiting, with spaceports expanded, new tools and plans standardized, and a general attempt to 'keep up' in the space race ongoing.

Turn 4 Update 002- Parvaz
PARZAVIAN EMPIRE
The new regime that had taken over Parzavia took a very risky action in attempting to solidify their control: Grand Vizier Akbar (the ruling Emperor Shaddam's youngest brother) pressed the rest of the coalition to put his nephew once-Crown Prince Mehmet under trial for the attempted murder of his father. Regicide was one of the greatest crimes in the nation, and the accused had been regent of the Empire entire. The trial was then set to decide Parzavia's future one way or another.

The omens proved poor when Emperor Shaddam died in the opening weeks. Debates then began over the legality of passing justice over the royal family in itself, despite the best attempts of the cowed judges to make it a show trial. A hurried coronation for Akbar was to be carried out, together with a wedding to his niece to put her and traditionalists on his side. The increased security all over the capital world would find, however, proof of another coup being planned.

This allowed for a countercoup to be prepared, but the details were tricky. The coupists were moving fast- the trial had not even ended yet- and their base was in the Janissaries, who were the best infantry in the country. Marines from the ships above were transferred in, the capital city had several divisions brought over, and a purge of the Janissaries started.

All these would prove unsuccessful in the end, owing to both the quality of the soldiers and their intimate knowledge of the area (being its traditional guardians). The government fell to the Janissaries, led by another brother of Shaddam named Aslan, though part of the elite escaped thanks to their preparations. For a time, this seemed to be the end of it, with Akbar and the government missing or dead, and Crown Prince Mehmet declared innocent, made Emperor, and put under temporary "protection" by Aslan.

But this lasted little, owing to the increasing division in the nation. Instability had been the norm for some years now, with polarization on the rise, an increasingly armed civilian population, and more. With much space demilitarized and the fleet away as per treaty terms, transport was all the harder to interdict, allowing for the escape of key figures. Moreover, the nobility and merchant interests that had controlled Akbar's regime were hardly dead, they remained strong on every planet and station in the Empire.

Seeing this, Regent Aslan ordered a purge of the nobility. This was ill-timed and set off a chain reaction. In Parvaz, capital planet, the Jannisaries carried it out successfully, but elsewhere that hardly happened. Local governments, usually controlled by magnates, refused to obey such orders and organized a rival sovereignty. This led to clashes, which quickly rose to an intensity that caused fear of civil war.

These fears were quite correct, as the purge of the nobility had been intended to replace them in government with labor unions, and these unions were by now well-armed. The nobility had their own hosts, and the merchants uncounted riches to pay for them, while the Imperial military's loyalties were very split. The nation stood on the brink of a most terrible strife, which came in late 97 AC, as Akbar's wife emerged from hiding heavily pregnant, announcing her child to be the true heir to the Empire and providing the rebels with a legitimate cause. Parvaz bled on every planet, soldiers turning their guns on one another, urban revolutionaries seizing neighbourhoods, religious armies being raised- a terrible beginning.

Cycles

As nature abhors the chaos
When the old sun fades away, a new sun must rise to take its place
The Qizilbash has fallen, and a new sun takes their place
The Sun of the Lion
The Sun of the Janissaries
The Sun of Aslan
The Sun of the Empire.
May we all bask in its shining light.
For this is Parvaz's brightest day.​

THE WARRIOR'S PIT
97 AC ; TWO WEEKS AFTER THE START OF THE PARVAZIAN CONFLICT
THE PLANET OF XANADU

"So the stars of the Pahdishah burn." Groused the blond half-breed, Master of War for his people. Haruk took the tablet closer to his blue eyes, peering into them deeply, while his companion, Gad'Rakush, a distant cousin of the Chancellor, drank his Terran wine. Behind them, the sound of partying could be heard, and Haruk spared an affirmative nod to a warrior who sat a ways further to his right, toasting him. Nonetheless, many of the warriors in the so-called 'Pit' were ignoring Haruk and Gad.

"Could be a gold mine. Their merchants are fat, and are all greedy enough to distrust each other with a unified front."
"It could. But this is only one report from one Clan, and while Memnon trusts them, I have my own reservations on Bal and the Aranaks."
"They're our best." Gad sipped his wine.
"Exactly," Haruk took up his own drink, downing the whiskey. "They are the best."
"Dissidence in the ranks--" "Will cost us unity, I know what Maz fucking said, Gad..." The halfbreed said, glaring at his long-time friend, who was one of the people who did use his familial bloodline connections to grab a vanguard position on the planet of Xanadu and its battles during the Great Ordunite War. Ever since then, Haruk has entrusted Gad with much information.Maybe too much, Haruk thought.

"... We could always concentrate on our main target." Haruk mused, pulling up a different file on his notepad.
"Too risky. Too close."
"But malleable. We could use their own strife against them."
"Why not hit the pig thats on its back in the belly, then?" His friend asked, while Haruk smirked up at him, his blue eyes twinkling.
"Because we're he dog in the pack who's sniffing out the game in the bush right next to us, rather than the obvious target, my dear Gad..."

Looking up, he smirks, seeing the approaching party. They were not Xan"Xanadu, nor any Veri.
They were outsiders.
"So, you have come..."
"Indeed... We have come." One of the men from the Combine said, thin-lipped and grimacing...

FROM THE OFFICE OF THE KHAGAN​
The current anarchy in the Parzavian Empire is unacceptable! Mehmet's "trial" - if it can be called such - was beyond the pale, a miscarriage and mockery of justice that all civilized nations despise. The Khagan calls on Aslan and the wife of the usurper Akbar to make peace. Failing that, peacekeeping measures will be taken by the Great State to restore order and justice in the Northern Quadrant.

Last edited:
Office of the Vice-Deputy for the Domestic Security Executive,
Shanxi Office

Two figures, one man and one women, looked out over the sea of single-way glass before them. Hundreds of identical office blocks filled with the bureaucracy of the Third Sphere. A light rain misted the window, and blotted out the slow drawing dawn.

"Why am I down here again?" The woman said, leaning on the glass. Her plain suit betrayed the importance of her role, a deliberate obfuscation for the elected-head of the Domestic Security Executive.

"Jinhao Aznable." The man said, sliding a tablet over his desk towards the head of the DSE. Lazily, she looked at it, and squinted. "Who?"

"He's been around the news. Active Citizen and noted Green in the Pac's protests. Not centerstage, but just off to the right of the Camera." The man continued, looking intently at his superior. Seeing no reaction he continued. "He just got out of a meeting with Comrade-Represenative Lejin Silvermore."

The only thing that would have surprised her more would be the glass she was leaning on giving out. Silvermore was one of the 'heads' of the Green Clique, some emphasis on the was. Even for the Reformist Green Clique Silvermore stood out. They'd actually lost some influence in the recent influx of the political pressure for change. Its all well and good to caucus with Silvermore when the demands for change were controlled by ones own self, but politicians are noteably skitish creatures. Even in a Revolutionary Society. Still...its the job of the Domestic Security Executive to know things, especially at the Fedeal Political level. And someone so unknown as Jinhao getting a personal meeting with a National Representative was....worth coming down to the Vice-Deputy's Office.

Reaching for the dataslate, the DSE head noted her total attention. "In brief, please." she commanded, flipping through the file while the Vice-Deputy Spoke. "Seven months ago, Jinhao Aznable was an Elected Deputy running a small Hospital on Dragooner. Township of Hanjan, Population Fifty Five hundred."

"Fifty Five Hundred." The DSE Head interjected incredulously. The Vice Deputy nodded. "By all accounts, a borderline Apparatchik who's election to the head of a hospital was largely predicated on a eight year tenure in the Naval Medical Corps. By accounts and testimony of the local Constable, he was generally considered a Good Comrade, if ambition-less. And then...boom. Meeting with one of the Senior-most leaders in the Green Faction of the Party."

"Kogon?" "Confidently not. Especially based on his Rhetoric. He's constantly edging over Party Harmony Law Lines with his calls for conflict against the Earth Concordant. Internal Ambition."

"I thought he was Ambitionless" the Head of the DSE replied, to which the Vice Deputy nodded, knowingly. The woman sighed "I suppose he found it then." Silence returned for a second before the Vice Deputy started talking again.

"Right now, Jinhao is in a dangerous position. He's well known among the Passives some are willing to support him, but just off Camera enough most Actives could be convinced to support him. Lean either way just a bit and he looses the motion, and if he stands still he's going to fall behind. But if he keeps pushing..." the Vice Deputy veered off, both knowing what the meant.

"How far do you think he'll go?"

"I think he can make it to the top." the Vice Deputy said diplomatically. His superior eyed him harshly, and pursed her lips. While a Gold by ballot, and professionally as neutral as she could make herself, it wasn't hard to get swept up when it came to rhetoric about Cossacks and Kogon especially back during the War-Scare of the Incursion Incident. There was certainly something intoxticating about fighting in the name of the Sacred Founder and the Revolution against the overwhelming tide of reaction, but both these had a duty, and both these knew war would be devastating.

"I'm not Caucusing with him." the Vice Deputy asserts, recognizing his bosses scrying eyes. "But I think he can make it there."

Silence, for what felt like hours, reined as the head of the Domestic Security Executive read through the file. "Keep an eye on him. Figure out his Clique. Get me some actual evidence he can go the distance." She ordered, standing up and making for the door. She was keeping the file as she walked towards the door. "And then we can figure how to play this."

"Yes, Comrade." The Vice Deputy said. There was a tense feeling in the air, one that felt awfully similar to the early days of the confusion when a SEIMA fleet had appeared on the wrong side of the border. Like something was going to change, forever, very soon.

Turn 4 Update 003
WARDENS
Sixteen were the planets chosen by the Wardens to be blessed with a world tree. Of those, seven were barren and nine close to; all had an atmosphere of some form. The world trees took root and were given names- Xander, Gaia, Yggdrasil, the like- in the hopes of lasting long. Within a year they had taken several kilometres of territory thanks to faithful watching of trained experts.

This was a quasi-religious policy by the Committee, which identified support of their raison d'etre could be spread with monumental natural architecture. It was hard not to feel awe for the growing branches and tremendous size that nature could take, larger and greater than any construction of steel and stone.

The key world identified as most apt for this form of purification was Mashari. Abandoned by the Xan save for a few stragglers, these were handed over to the Xan government or Arthedain as they preferred, and the planet had small cuttings interspersed across it at regular intervals. A war wracked world rebuilt by natural ecology was the dream, and in the future it could be so.

NANDEINAO
Nandeinao's government chose continued pragmatic action. The commonwealth fleet prepared an overhauling of doctrine, continuing prior investment in defenses and training in their optimal use. That aside, a formulation of new types of battle and campaigning began, applying the new types of ships and improvements available to the military. Though doctrine was naturally a top-secret matter, it did not take much to guess that the fleet was being oriented towards flexibility and avoidance of set-piece battle- a strategy that could well have greater benefits than decisive conflicts.

ADAR
In the black empire of slavery, the whispers of freedom did not die. Amul, the supposed returned founder, struck again and again, his capabilities minor but his reach far better. The slaves were undeniably influenced by this, but outright rebellion remained impossible without a distracted military or elite. This Amul attempted to offer, but failed miserably.

Attempts to cause division and sympathy for his cause in the military were cruelly punished and found little. The officers and nobility were all stringently behind the line of slavery and class difference, that gloried in them and the Imperial family. No mutiny was achieved, and barely any soldiers were turned. Amul's cells were unable to even create an atmosphere of paranoia, though they did induce crackdowns on slaves suspected of rebellion. Most slaves' method of resistance was daily, in frustrating, sabotaging, minor acts that added up little by little. The main thing Amul gave them was hope. Here was a resistance that had not, as so many, died at the first step of the jackboot.

Amul's cells themselves also saw hope to be found in demographics- or, as they called it, destiny. In order to achieve record profits, the enslaved were bred at an unnatural rate, far more than that of the economy or military could compare. The population of the Adar Empire was booming, had been for decades, and numbers might tell in the end. The more slaves were born, the more labor costs lowered, the less that there was to share around. This edifice was, perhaps, finally threatened by its own actions.

Turn 4 Update 004
REVCON
One of the most remarkable, and possibly the most remarkable, events of these years was the official statement by the ruling executive of the Revolutionary Concord that they had achieved Artificial Intelligence. Sapience on a human scope, they stated, had been achieved through machines.

The cost of these had to be prohibitive, however, as state expenditures rose by a tenth to meet the needs of producing a handful. By the end of the process, the "Second Generation" boasted five AI molded in the ideals of the Concord. Together with the first AI- who had taken the insouciant and cheery name of Kyubey- they signified an investment that both the government and people were hopeful would pay off.

They were not so antsy as to force them to earn their pay, however. A nearly-superfluous Ministry of AI Relations was formed, which proved little more than an office to provide support for the seven living AI. The main policy it had been created for was to endorse the free will of these new intelligences. Certainly they were man-made, but so was all human life, and they were to be allowed to choose their own lives.

The government lucked out in that three, Kyubey among them, agreed to join the machine-learning machinery that planned the economy, rapidly identifying inefficiencies and proving a great aid. Growth began to ramp up thanks to them, allowing the Revolutionary Concord to reach rates of boom unseen as of yet. More than that, they identified three main planks that should (they believed) form the basis of the government's economic policy moving forward: exploitation, industrialization, and commerce.

Of the other four, one was being raised among humans with the mind of a child. The rest took their own paths. One had gained an interest in the heavy psychological and therapeutic studies that had gone into their creation, another was flitting from job to job, seeking to experience the diversity of life in all its possibilities. The last instead chose to join Iron Liberation, focusing on as of yet unknown projects.

Turn 4 Update 005 NQW

NQW

Having lost a war, even the highest offices felt some adaptation and change was necessary. The caste system, previously strictly based on birth, now became a more meritocratic bureaucracy-based system. Subjects and citizens now instead spent a decade and a half in their youth being trained and guided towards the caste that they were best suited to. In general the expectation was still that sons and daughters would follow their parents, particularly given the chances of inheriting the family businesses and the advantage of learning through upbringing, but the more society was stretched to accomodate individual opportunity, the more prodigies could potentially be free.

Hardly an uncontroversial measure, and hardly instantaneous, most elite interests took it as going a shade too far, while the general reaction was happier. The opposition was unable to unseat the current government without a heavy bungling, and the reforms were allowed to proceed. Although ones that would require time and change to be fully applied, a greater flexibility and better use of the population was thought likely to improve the Great State's situation.

Better use of the population was also seen in the 'science worlds' of war-evacuated R&D departments, which received injections of manpower, funds, and autonomy. This was a show, in part, of the developed central power of the Great State, which had ballooned remarkably during the war owing to the requirements of that same war-making, and was part of the state ideology. Mostly it was just smart policy, wanting to make good their lost edge and successfully avoiding undue graft in this work.

The war's secondary effects were noticeable in the increased fortification of 'deep space platforms' within territory not slated to be demilitarized by the accords that had ended immediate dreams of expansion. These platforms were built at the principal avenues of hyperlane passage, officially aimed at protecting commerce and merchant shipping. As part of this endeavour, they also invested securely into mapping out space as possible.
On the other side of the DMZ the Xaf were setting down stable roots in planets that had once been the Ordun's. Two- Xanadu and Charon- were chosen to be particularly directly ruled. With such a comparatively large underclass of conquered civilians, a new system was required. While governance was handed over to the Chancellor and Tribunes, all these new subjects were reclassified as 'Veri', legal quasi-slaves made to work and nothing more.

They could, however, become low-ranking members of the Xaf through war. With peace theoretically settling down, this was embodied by the new gladiatorial arenas, in which volunteers could fight and prove themselves. Unexpectedly to a number of rulers, many did in fact take up the offer, almost entirely of the warrior Varna of the Ordun. Trained only for war, much like the Xaf themselves, they showed great promise and a steady influx joined the ranks of the ruling elite- though their loyalty was unproven.

The new reorganisation proved profitable for the Xaf, who found themselves richer than ever though this newfound wealth was poured into further militarization, and for the Terrans, who were given a full quarter of all produce as tribute. In thanks for this tribute, the Confederate Systems deigned to send several ships of philologists, translators, and sociologists carrying libraries of materiel when invited.

These were to carry out an act that would forever set down the name of Maz'Rakush in Mashari history, the creation of an autochthonous written language. Taking on the most popular Terran alphabet was a certainty, but the difficulty of conveying as perfectly as possible their tongue, inflections, and contextual meanings was a task that these scholars would be slogging through for years more.

Turn 4 Update 006
STARSINGERS
Internal efforts were the Starsingers' focus, putting meat on the bones of their recent expansions northwards. Early colonization efforts were doubled down on, shiploads of goods delivered on the state's bill to ensure adequate support. Most of this investment was however put on width rather than depth. More planets were settled, more mines established, and all sorts of minor projects begun across the swathes of territory. These would likely pay off in the future, but for now were mostly effective in strategic control rather than anything else.

LUPE
Comparatively, the efforts of LUPE were internationalist by design. The space road had certainly not been forgotten by one of its original proposers, and had two branches created, aiming towards PhoenixWare and Parvaz. Though the second lagged owing to events in that nation, the first was very successful.

This success was partially owing to the megacorporation's own investments. LUPE had given special attention to the idea of massive ferries and cargo carriers, with holographic images beamed across them and more varieties of art styles included than the average citizen thought existed, which paired very well with the increasing shipyard-shipbuilding bubble in PW space. Trade between the two therefore improved.

APEX
Another partner of the world's largest megacorporation was also attempting to expanding in the market. Apex Food Solutions ("Feeding the Galaxy, One Planet at a Time") was founded as a subsidiary, attempting to establish large numbers of local branches in various nations. This company utilized new technology available to them to produce nutrients at a cheaper rate than anyone else could, though economies of scale made their start harder.

Nonetheless, they were able to achieve several government and corporate contracts thanks to this low cost. The poor, which was their primary attempt at cornering a market, rarely chose to buy their products unless truly desperate, leading to adaptations with more flavor (the original products paired cheapness with blandness) that saw better profits. In PR, they were fairly able to project an image of a 'good' company, or at least one to be trusted to maintain low prices and adequate quality.

Last edited:
Turn 4 Update 007
PHOENIX
The bubble in PhoenixCorp was regulated and reformed, the careful touches of a central authority seemed to have avoided an immediate collapse. The investigation and analysis necessary for it had, however, proven to the highest offices of PWCA space that much of the existing growth was false, necessitating thorough market manipulation. If indeed the bubble popped it would not be too terrible a concern for them of course, as their profits and personal fortunes would be beyond secure, but the decades of acting as a state had begun to add certain fears of revolutionary action within their minds.

In other words, they needed a market. The shipyard expansions had already gone too far, and constant financial fraud was the only thing between their economy and a recession. The arguments for what to do were varied, but it was understood that they could either a) stay as they were and risk degrowth, b) obtain markets through their allies and neighbors, c) cut down on growth or d) attempt an even more risky plan. Whichever route was chosen, profits would be found, but the internal stability of the megacorporation was far more at risk should they slip.

GOLDEN FLAME
The main objective of the Golden Flame's policy was a united empire. In benefit of this goal they pursued two-sided stabilization, propagating the state religion more thoroughly at the same time that the government's welfare programmes notably expanded. The construction and funding of hospitals to ensure adequate healthcare available to citizens and subjects everywhere was a particular appeal that meshed very well with the 'word of Ana' (the state religion) and was popular everywhere.

Aside from this, the idea of faith was further brought out by the use of hope, or renewal. A government led by a good Empress, a government that cared for its people, was the goal to propagate. Unlike the more common use of violence to bring egalitarianism, the momnarchy cut down on internal social status- everyone except the imperial family were equal, and the imperial family was only special because religion said so. This was to press a sense of pride on the citizenry, though it might be risky in a crisis.

Of the possible crisis that seemed to be looming over the Golden Flame, the Third Adar Empire was a primary one. The press at least seemed concerned, as well as top military leadership, while the government itself remained aloof of these matters, concentrating on internal developments.

Turn 4 Update 008- Novarian Leadup
NOVARIA
Psychic powers culturally were not a matter of great obsession in the country. They were firmly considered in the field of fiction, though a minority believed in them as in other theories. That was the situation ten years prior, before the strange advances achieved in state research. Now matters were more complex.

The events ongoing were not, however, merely adjudicable to the appeal of quasi-magical forces. For the last few years, the state government and traditional society had been in a renewed struggle for control- that is, the federal bureaucracy and the Clans each wanted to hold ultimate power. With citizenry automatically including one in a Clan, these proportioning many of the social and daily services available, and the rights granted to them as organizations, this was not a simple fight for the state. Nonetheless, it was one they had been slowly winning, including in the popular view. Various clan elites did not however agree with this at all, and were seeking a method to strike back.

That aside, the form of society in Novaria was one that was hardly uncontroversial. Intentionally unequal, it left those worse off as lacking in sufficient honor, though this did not automatically lead to the richest being the most virtuous. Still, this oligarchy meant there was a frustrated underclass, a middle class jockeying for position, and as outlined a divided elite.

This was the situation when Bowen Fidelius made his famous call to arms. The nation was not, as Parvaz, in the midst of a terrible crisis and experiencing the effects of war pillaging. Off of Bowen's escape from state contract, however, the political stability the Republic prided itself on would begin to degenerate.

The aforementioned issues were aggrieved when Fidelius formed the 'Disciples of the Mind' a quasi-religious militant order calling for "universal uplift of the faithful" that rapidly gained the allegiance of several communes, much of Clan Fidelius, and an important place in the public eye. The man himself was brought to trial for leaving the research center he had been a part of and for hacking official broadcasts, but neither crime was major or a felony.

The first was not even a crime, just a breach of contract, though the reveal of state secrets proved a thornier issue. Judicial processes proved an embarrassment for the government, as Bowen used them as an opportunity to demonstrate his powers and gain unfettered access to media coverage. Despite insistent attempts otherwise by three different judges replacing one another, the jury found him innocent of all charges and acquitted him- popular sympathy was fairly on his side.

By this point tension had thoroughly risen. The Clans held the right to organize and call up militias, which Clan Fidelius was preoccupied with as an officially defensive measure, leading to others reacting in the same way until all of them had stiffened their military forces. Among these clan militias, many warriors, honor-driven individuals, and discontented elites were banding together in favor of the 'cause of fidelity'. The Disciples of the Mind recruited heavily among these militias, with the number of reported psychics rising steadily through the months.

In response, the federal government was more ineffective than not, but nonetheless pursued opposition within the law. It issued propaganda and sustained a strong campaign in its own favour, as well as declaring a partial mobilization justified by the increasing number of armed forces within the republic, as well as the appearance of small clashes in various planets.

The federal army was more professional than the clan militias, and it was intentionally set up apart from them, though it was hardly totally separate. Still, in corporate and personal manners its bearing was different and it promoted loyalty to Novaria as a whole as a united institution. This was the bulwark of the state, and it would be committed to extensive drills and optimizations, though not extreme reform, as a 'just in case' solution that was coming closer.

Hopes of peace were somewhat lost as the "third Novaria" neither on one side or another saw many figures migrate to the new colonies, where peace could likely be achieved if only because of the mutual need for survival. Even so, even these two years were not enough to achieve a total break in Novarian society. If war did break out- which seemed increasingly possible- it would not be a war of all for all, nor likely one of incredible violence, but one of delineated sides fighting for state power.

Turn 4 Update 009
REJUVENATED STATE
On Omo Day, Director Jorah Heikki of the Directorate of Prosperity announced a new policy to his people. This was to be a War against Atrophy. A war against falling behind the pack, a war against complacency, and most of all a war against the enemy of the state. The shock battalions of workers would be charged with fighting it, under the fearless command of their superiors.

Rejuvenation was the root cause of the state. It was quite patent and open about it: the government promised a forward-looking government, one that was never bogged down in silly debates nor indulged such things as parliamentary weakness. The "war against atrophy" was as such no admission of weakness, but it was a change from the usual rhetoric, and with it came a popular mobilization.

Whether or not the government was 'feixist' as it was at times accused of was not particularly relevant here, as billions of citizens turned out (or were pressed out) in support of the new policy. The public relations campaign was a super-success, but other parts were less so. The trickiness of carrying out planned modernizations in limited time with limited industrial plant could not be solved with bombastic speeches.

Nonetheless, 'Sparkflow Directive'- the full reconversion of all major fusion power plants to a new and more efficient model- worked. Not quite achieving full hopes, it did provide a mild energy revolution, making it cheaper for the average citizen and state, and allowing for the second objective: making use of the downtime of factories undergoing lack of energy to reroute their workers into modernizing their equipment, training, and methods.

This also saw a boost in trade with the new allies, importing goods as necessary to avoid shortages and shipping out contained energy and better-cheaper products. All of this put together was analysed with satisfaction by the state, which saw that though typical growth had been cut by their acts, numbers were actually going up due to heavy improvements.

This was undercut, though, by the newest investment flood into research and development. Now the nation paying the most both per capita and in total for their research sector, most options were open to their scientists. Desiring more departments, however, the bureaucrats responsible pleaded for the active establishment of further tertiary and quaternary education.

Overall the situation was positive, but not very. Sparkflow and similar had not been as glorious as hoped, even if there were further plans in the pipeline. As the Director himself said, the war had not ended- this had just been a campaign, a victorious one, but the fight continued.

PIRATES
The 'pirate matter' that obsessed Ordun politics did not end immediately. Continued pursuit began to have more success on both the Golden Ordun and Europa Concord's sides, though the base of operations proved hard to find. Some evidence found suggested Phoenix involvement, but their fleet was working diligently to entrap and defeat the corsairs, which caused doubts.

More were made by new proofs offered by Phoenix core intelligence and foreign sub-corporations, privately and publicly, that though the ships might have originally been of their own make, certain indications showed that they were in league with Vishvagarbha. This could be seen in their munitions, further decrypted communications, and more. The Empire itself furiously rebutted these claims, utilizing its mass media network questioned the veracity of these, calling them ridiculous and- in local broadcasts only- accusing PhoenixWare and the Ordun of holding hostile intentions.

These statements were backed up by military and state investigations on Vishvagarbha's part, which 'conclusively proved' no links, even as more proofs were shown by PhoenixWare. One side, by definition, had to be wrong in some manner, but it was quite hard to tell.

The pirate menace itself was being pushed back by a more intense approach that prized secrecy and concentration, though they were being far more cautious. Perhaps due to the undue proximity to PhoenixWare, that border was abandoned by them, instead migrating their raids northwards. Here they appeared far less, vanishing for weeks and months before suddenly pulling off an attack, and then vanishing to a place where the trail was always lost. Something fishy was happening.

Last edited:
Turn 4 Update 010
TERRA
Earthly events were not only affected by the Confederate Systems, but they were the primary actor. In these years, rather than turning again on the capital planet, it pushed outwards instead. The greatest and most noble families- the so-called First Sphere- ordered their subordinates and auxiliaries to reintroduce them to those who still professed loyalty to Earth. The Treasure Fleets were to tour all planets and ensure that commands endured.

Of these there were still a great many, but so too were there many great houses. They began a competition between themselves to see who could return more to full control, though methods fair and foul. The general idea was to show them the tremendous wealth and superiority of the capital, and offer limited access to it in exchange for steady taxes (or "tribute").

This was more-or-less successful, more when autonomy was left near-untouched, less when greedier subordinates attempted to seize more. The organisation of these dues and obligations was left patchwork, leading to further uncertainty, a more antiquated and possibly less efficient mode of statism. Nonetheless, worlds were returned to the silver grip, and fiscal balances improved.

On Earth itself the Heritage Foundation was at work. Unlike previous initiatives (still ongoing) to actively change and improve the planet, these were focused on their own future. With cloning ongoing successfully and repeated experience in working together with research organizations, they decided to form their own section. They chose their ground well, as the Confederate Systems did indeed have space for such a thing.

Not that prioritized officially, there were a not inconsiderable number of poorer beings of high intelligence hoping to achieve better work, and the HHF was a godsend for them. Thanks to this, as well as the occasional cloning of a scientists or another, and most importantly supportive funding from the Systems Chancellery, a small base of facilities looking towards research was created.

Turn 4 Update 011- Wedding
WEDDING
The great wedding of Prince Fingon and Lady Ithiniel was quite possibly the event of these years. It had the noblest attendance, the greatest interest, and international eyes on it. For the two, of course, the main object of interest was the other. The rest was pageantry: fun and of use, but not quite the main point.

All eleven days of celebrations were beamed and hologramed through the galaxy, with Adarian viscounts and Starsinger priests alike watching keenly. The contests of sailing and rowing were won by a team from Nandeinao in a surprise upset, the Confederate embassador showed all and sundry her 'mobile relaxation chambers' and the dance saw all overshadowed by the Prince and Lady. Many gifts were offered, all of finery and splendor, showing their native cultures in the bargain- such as the handcrafted sword offered by LUPE. There would also, naturally, be drama. Not only the seizure of clones, but a Xan representative committed a faux pas and offended the Ordun delegation, which nearly risked a duel before being stopped by the plea for peace from the bride.

The marriage, aside from being quite promising for the happy couple, was something of a diplomatic coup for Arthedain. They could but be viewed as a peaceful, orderly nation. Radical republicans naturally disdained the monarchy, but those of artistic tastes were well cared for and soft power improved.

Financially, it was also a success. The state recouped all costs involved thanks to selling the rights to distribution to SIEMA, who rented and sold them out in sharp negotiations when they did not show them on their own media apparatus. This certainly raised the megacorporation's name, and provided modest profits, as well as an entrance into the political world of Arthedain economics.

Last edited:
98 AC Stats, Map, Research

98 AC public stats

Country
Politics
Government:
Leader(s):
Ideology:
Alignment:
Capital:
Stability: 1-10
Notes:
Economy
Size: Pathetic(20)-Tiny(50)-Small(100)-Medium(200)-Large(400)-Huge(1000)-Overwhelming(2000)-Galactic(10000)
Growth: Depression(-5)-Recession(-2)-Stagnant(0)-Growing(1-3)-Booming(4-10)-Explosive(10+)
Population: Pathetic(1b)-Tiny(10b)-Small(50b)-Medium(100b)-Large(250b)-Huge(1t)-Overwhelming(10t)-Galactic (100t)
Net: Dying Off(any)-Recession(-1-4%)-Stagnation(0)-Slow(.5)-Growing(1-3)-Baby Boom(4-8)-Mass Growth(more)
Technology: Chaotic (0)-Weak (1)-Adequate (2)-Good (3)-Excellent (4)-Furious (5)
Notes:
Military
Ground forces quality:
Ground forces size-
X army groups
Space forces quality:
Void forces size-
Roundships:
Other types
Notes:

Please note stats are for relative comparison, will likely grow in-game, and if something is unclear you should ask me.

Confederated Systems
Notable Assets:
Politics
Government: Genetic aristocracy
Idology: Reactionary reformism
Alignment: Europa Concord
Capital: Earth
Stability: 5
Notes: Renegotiation of colonial rights, food crisis almost solved
Economy
Size: Small
Growth: Growing
Population: Small
Net: Slow growth
Technology: Weak (1 Slot)
Notes: Reforming imperialism, hubs of development
Military
Ground forces quality: 8/10
Ground forces size-
15 army groups
Space forces quality: 5/10
Void forces size-
Roundships: 9
Notes: Clone armies

Arthedain
Politics
Government: Constitutional feudalism
Ideology: Conservative
Alignment: None
Capital: Arda
Stability: 6
Notes: Urban conflicts, debate over democracy, anti-cloning sentiment
Economy
Net: Growth
Technology: Weak (1 slot)
Notes: Watchman state
Military
Ground forces quality: 5/10
Ground forces size-
60 army groups
Void forces size-
Roundships: 12
Carrier: 1 (+1)
Frigate: 1 (+1)
Notes: Dysfunctional army, carrier-based V.F.,
Bonus:

PhoenixWare Corporate Authority
Politics
Government: Corporate feudalism
Ideology: Social darwinism
Alignment: Europe Concord
Capital: Mammon Prime
Notes:
Economy
Population: Tiny
Notes: Shipping bubble,
Military
Ground forces size-
28 army groups
Void forces size-
Roundships: 15 (+1)
Battleships: 2 (+2)
Notes:

Golden Ordun
Politics
Government: Military caste-dictatorship
Ideology: Ultranationalism
Capital: Karakorum
Notes: Revanchism towards Earth, meritocratic reforms ongoing
Economy
Size: Tiny
Technology: Weak (1 Slot) [Adequate 100 AC]
Notes: Command economy
Military
Ground forces quality: 7/10
Ground forces size-
53 army groups
Void forces size-
Roundships: 6
Notes:

Golden Flame
Politics
Government: Imperial monarchy
Ideology: Social monarchism
Capital: Eylos
Stability: 7 (+1)
Notes: Public works, religious campaigns
Economy
Net: Growing
Technology: Adequate (2 slots)
Notes: Heavy state regulation, improved welfare
Military
Ground forces size-
15 Army Groups
Void forces size-
Destroyers: 6
Notes:

Warden Combine
Politics
Government: Ecologic technocratic bureaucracy
Ideology: Utilitarianism
Capital: Leviathan
Notes: Fear of change, reforms, cultural debate over change
Economy
Growth: Growth
Net: Slow
Technology: Weak (1 Slot) [Adequate 100 AC]
Notes:
Military
Ground forces quality: 6/10
Ground forces size-
20 Army Groups
Void forces size-
Dugong cruiser: 2
Notes: Doctrinal reform ongoing

Novarian Republic
Politics
Government: Oligarchic representative unitary republic
Ideology: Honorable collectivism
Capital: Novaria Tetra
Notes: Psychic matters, looming civil conflict
Economy
Growth: Growth
Notes: Debt-based
Military
Ground forces size-
28 Army Groups (+20)
Void forces size-
Roundships: 16
Notes: Border fortification

Third Sphere
Politics
Government: One-party constitutional oligarchy
Ideology: Statism, nationalism
Alignment: El-Facil
Capital: Formozza
Notes: Green plurality, hopes of reform
Economy
Notes: Habitat priority, ossified, growing trade
Military
Ground forces size-
10 Army groups
Void forces size-
Roundships: 15
Stealth Destroyers: 5+?
Notes:

L'Unión Planétaire Expressionniste
Politics
Government: Artistic prestige democracy
Ideology: Post-postmodernism
Capital: Occunáir Prim
Notes:
Economy
Growth: Booming
Notes: Service-based, growing trade
Military
Ground forces quality: 4/10
Ground forces size-
4 Army groups
Space forces quality: 6/10
Void forces size-
Roundships: 14
Notes:

SIEMA
Politics
Government: Megacorp
Ideology: Profit motive
Capital: Geneva
Stability: 7
Notes: AI-central
Economy
Notes: AI-central, demobilized
Military
Ground forces size-
13 Army groups
Void forces size-
Roundships: 0
Notes:

Tribunal
Politics
Government: Revolutionary theocracy
Ideology: French revolutionary virtues
Capital: Themis
Notes:
Economy
Notes: Interventionist state
Military
Ground forces size-
12 Army groups
Void forces size-
Roundships: 15
PAS: 2
Notes:

Commonwealth of Nándeinão
Politics
Government: Popular autocracy
Ideology: Social nationalism
Capital: Curupira
Notes: Propaganda campaigns
Economy
Notes: Key industries nationalized
Military
Ground forces quality: 8/10
Ground forces size-
10 Army groups
Void forces size-
Peacemakers: 4 (+1)
Buzzers: 12 (+12)
Notes: Fortification efforts, improved firepower

Rejuvenated State
Politics
Government: Militarized technocracy
Ideology: Statism, meritocracy
Capital: Omo Prime
Notes: WAG
Economy
Technology: Weak (2 Slots)
Notes: Growing trade, war against atrophy
Military
Ground forces size-
10 army groups
Space forces quality: 6/10
Void forces size-
Roundships: 18
Notes:

Vishvagarbhan Empire
Politics
Government: Constitutional monarchy
Ideology: Social conservatism
Capital: Vishvagarbha
Stability: 8
Notes: Growing xenophobia
Economy
Notes: Free market, critical systems
Military
Ground forces size-
48 army groups
Void forces size-
Roundships: 17
Frigate: 32 (+15)
Notes:

Starsinger Temple
Politics
Government: Moral democracy
Ideology: Social liberalism
Capital: Three Sun
Stability: 8
Notes:
Economy
Notes:
Military
Ground forces size-
13 army groups
Void forces size-
Galactic galley: 4 (+3, +1 100 AC)
Notes:

Third Adar Empire
Politics
Government: Despotic monarchy
Ideology: Monarchism
Capital: Anam
Notes: Centralizing, Amul's cells
Economy
Population: Medium
Net: Baby boom
Notes: Population-industry proportion questionable
Military
Ground forces size-
17 army groups
Space forces quality: 5/5
Void forces size-
Roundships: 20 (+2)
Battleships: 3 (+1, +1 100 AC)
Notes:

Revolutionary Concord
Politics
Government: National union of democracies
Ideology: Progressivism, socialism
Capital: Karland
Stability: 7
Notes:
Economy
Notes: Artificial intelligence key
Military
Ground forces size-
15 army groups
Void forces size-
Roundships: 20 (+4)
Notes: Northern spaceports

Parzavian Empire (Akbar)
Politics
Government: Absolute monarchy (puppeteered regency)
Ideology: Neo-Islamic monarchic oligarchism
Alignment: Europa Concord?
Capital: Jinora
Stability: 2
Notes: Aristocrat & merchant organized factions, unborn emperor, oligarchy aligned
Economy
Size: Small (?)
Population: Tiny (?
Technology: None (0 slots)
Notes: UBI, mineral investment
Military
Ground forces size-
22 Army groups (+20, +2)
Void forces size-
Roundships: 7
Notes:

Parzavian Empire (Aslan)
Politics
Government: Absolute monarchy (military junta)
Ideology: Neo-Islamic monarcho-socialism
Alignment: Europa Concord?
Capital: Parvaz
Stability: 2
Notes: Emperor under house arrest, Janissary-Navy political diarchy, active revolutionary process, labor unions aligned
Economy
Size: Small (?)
Population: Tiny (?)
Notes: UBI, mineral investment
Military
Ground forces quality: 4/10
Ground forces size-
24 Army groups (-20, +12)
Void forces size-
Roundships: 8
Notes:

Minors

Name:
Type:
Core:
Ethos:
Strength:
Assets:
Notes:

Xaf Reavers
Type: Mercenary band
Core: Xaf March
Ethos: Military glory
Strength: Can use one of their orders as a warplan, 3 orders
Assets: 5 army groups, 10/10 quality; 15 industry
Notes:

Apex Science Directive
Type: Research megacorp
Core: Cromulus
Ethos: Progress
Strength: Can use one of their orders as a research order
Assets: University network, small 'paramilitary', growing territories
Notes: Food profits

Heritage Foundation
Type: Knowledge institute
Core: None
Ethos: Human commonality
Strength: Can use one of their orders as a research orde
Assets: Longevity, expert academics, messenger network, Terran presence
Notes:

Public Research News

• Rej. State officials decline to inform the public on classified details of their improved energy sources.
  • Adar internal commercial ships become faster, improving trade.
  • PhoenixWare PR works overtime to justify their selling of artificially-created children to hopeful parents as legally different from slavery.
  • Further psychics advances in Novaria are slowly leaked.
  • Suspicions rise regarding Terran technological advances.

Last edited:
// TO ALL GALATIC EMPIRES, STATES, TRIBES AND POLITIES OF NOTE //
// THIS IS A MESSAGE IN TERRAN, TRANSLATED FROM MASHARI, ADDRESSED TO YOU ALL //
~~ FROM HIS GRACE ~~
<< FIST OF TERRA ; CHANCELLOR OF THE XAF ; RULER OF THE UNITED CLANS ; DESTROYER OF ORDUNITES ; HUSBAND OF BEASTS ; CRUMBLER OF EMPIRES ; JEWELED CHAMPION OF THE SACRED SHIELD OF TERRA IN THE NORTHERN STAR >>
// MEMNON OF XANADU //
(( KNOWN TO BROTHERS AND FRIENDS AND ALLIES AND VERI AS MAZ'RAKUSH ))

THE BATTLE CREST HAS BEEN RISEN

PEOPLE OF THE MILKY WAY.
I SPEAK TO YOU FROM XANADU, THE CAPITAL OF MY NEW EMPIRE.
OUR SOVEREIGNTY HAS BEEN CHALLENGED. CHAOS GRIPS THE UNIVERSE.
AS THE SHIELDS OF TERRA, WE ARE FORCED TO ACT.
LET THE EMPIRE TO THE EAST, WHO ATTACKS THE PEACE BETWEEN MYSELF AND THE HONORABLE ORDUNITES, WHO I HAVE BLED AND THEY ME, HAVE HIS INFERTILE BALLSACK CUT OFF AND LET IT CHOKE HIM AND HIS ENTIRE FAMILY OF SO-CALLED ROYALTY.
LET HIS STARS WARP INTO DUST.
THIS IS A THREAT WE SHALL CONTINUE TO SPEAK UNTIL THE TIME IS RIGHT. WHEN THE FOOL'S FLETCHER SHALL BE PROVEN AS SUCH, AND THE STRUTH BE CAST INTO THE LIGHT.
GOD AND ETERNAL BLOOD WILLING.

BUT THERE IS MORE TO THE WEST. THE FIST AND SHIELD OF TERRA REACTS AND SEES.
WE SHALL ACT.
I SHALL HENCEFORTH SEND MY MASTER OF WAR, AND ALL VERI WHO WISH TO PROVE THEMSELVES ABLE. THIS IS A CALL TO ARMS.
MY ARMIES SHALL DEPART TO THE WEST, AND MAKE WAR WITH THE USURPING QUEEN OF OUR PARVAZ BROTHERS.
WE SHALL PROTECT THE HONOR OF ASLAN, OUR ONCE-FOE YET NOW BROTHER.
ALL MEN AND WOMEN WHO ARE MASTERLESS THROUGHOUT THE GALAXY, HEAR ME NOW. EARN YOUR PLACE AMONGST US.
IF YOU ARE A WARRIOR, BE IT WITH FANG, CLAW, DAGGER, BLADE, RIFLE OR EXPLOSIVE- YOU SHALL JOIN US. COMBINE YOUR SHIPS TO OUR FLEET, AND COME WITH US.

PEOPLE OF THE GALAXY. I, MEMNON OF XANADU, FIST AND SHIELD OF TERRA, ANNOUNCE THE FIFTH XAF.
OUR FLEETS GATHER, AND WE SHALL MAKE WAR WITH THE USURPING QUEEN OF THE PARVAZIAN AKBARS. THEIR CHILDREN WILL WEEP OVER THE ASH OF THEIR FAMILIES. THEIR SOLDIERS WILL BEG FOR MERCY. THOSE THAT DO NOT SURRENDER TO US WILL SEE ENDLESS PAIN AND SUFFERING.

THIS IS A THREAT.
I SHALL HONOR IT STARTING NOW.

END TRANSMISSION.

Last edited:
In support of the Concordat affiliates Xan'Xanadu, the Xaf, the Memnon of Xanadu, ect ect, La Chambre Artistique offer the following technological and logistique assistance:

- The encrypted transfer of S3 Fantôme low visibility destroyer blueprints and prototyping.
- Technical support from LUPE Engineering Observers in the construction of such, and artistic guidance for aesthetic purposes.
- Naval support for operations in the ongoing stabilising effort in Parvaz.

[x] La Chambre Artistique
[x] Xan'Xanadu

Last edited:
[X] Memnon of Xanadu, Chancellor of the Xan'Xanadu United Clans of the Xaf.

Campaign Poster for the Political Campaign of Jinhao the "Dynamo" Aznable seen on Pailsen

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message delivered to the 5th Borough of the City of Vendee, Maeser

JUNE 12 - MAESER 5TH BOROUGH [DISTRICT 23] NATIONAL PARTY FOR REVOLUTIONARY UNITY PRIMARIES!

TO ALL PARTY-MEMBERS & COMRADES OF THE CITY OF VENDEE, OF THE 5TH BOROUGH, OF THE NEIGHBORHOODS OF PORTE LIBERTINE, OAKWALK, AND NGIN, THE REVOLUTION NEEDS YOU!

COMRADE TIN XUÁNLÓNG STANDS FOR THE 5TH BOROUGH REPRESENTATIVE TO THE MAESER PLANETARY CONGRESS!

COMRADE GOULING SHIAO STANDS FOR 5TH BOROUGH OMBUDSMAN!

COMRADE DENG JINGWEI STANDS FOR THE 5TH BOROUGH PARTY UNDERCHAIRMEN!

THESE COMRADES RUN WITH THE BACKING OF JINHAO AZNABLE!

THESE COMRADES RUN WITH THE DYNAMO!

VOTE FOR THE DYNAMO JUNE 12!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Campaign Poster for the Political Campaign of Jinhao the "Dynamo" Aznable seen on Pailsen

Announcement of the Results from the United Teamsters Cooperative of Kastagrad Endorsement Vote
"Comrades, this is Company President Shin Fullard, of the United Teamsters Cooperative of Kastagrad, and it is my distinct pleasure to reveal the results of the Company-Wide Refferendum on our Endorsements on the Kastagrad Party for the upcoming National Elections. First, however, I'd like to say a few words.

This last decade has been no small test of our Revolution, and to our understanding of it. I'm sure you recall, back in Nintey-three, that I actually argued before the Company Congress that we ought to strike over the Treaty of El Facil - lost that bud by just 4 votes. But I'm also sure that those of you who've been in my office of late have seen that I uh actually put up the flags of our Cosignatories. Small ones, I'm not crazy, but they're there. Also have a few Anti-Kogon Posters up around my house Courtesy my kid. Didn't have those before the incursion, that's for sure.

I'm rambling. Anyway, this is all to make a point. Change ain't coming, it's here, and that's why I'm proud to say that by 49% vote of all Active and Passive Coworkers, 12 points greater than the next candidate, the United Teamsters Cooperative of Kastagrad endorses for the party is the Dynamo himself!

Comrade Jinhao Aznable!

All for Az folks I'll see you at the polls.

VII - The Eye
House Aspar was older than the Articles of Confederation.

For centuries, they had been an inattentive, distracted voice on the Confederate Council, speaking nearly always through signs and metaphor. The Aspar, for their Lord was called such, had discovered a kind of immortality in a time beyond reckoning, a pre-Collapse relic which kept him suspended in perpetual stasis above a great pool of wires and mechanical minutia.

When he spoke - and he rarely did - it was through his favoured daughters. There were as many as two hundred: when the Chancellor and his aide, backs hunched and head cowed, found themselves on the precipice of that tank, they saw reflected in the waves the output of tens of thousands of mechanical eyes, the waves of countless neural implants, the heart rates of their own cardiac registers.

These and more were sonic-sound which came as ripples on the intangible current. And he hung suspended over them, face serene, inscrutable, separated from them by hardened alloy and glass that would not break no matter the aggressor.

His daughter sat, cross-legged, at the base of their procession. Garbed as ever in ritual robes, a veil over her eyes, she was crimson and white, hands vanished in the clasp of her sleeves.

"Why now have you come?"

Her voice was a man's, its intonation ten different dialects and languages, from the plains of Ahu-Batur to the black mines of Mars.

The echo washed over them. The Chancellor, lips thinned, spoke carefully: "My predecessor's demise."

Around them, the pool rippled and reformed, countless data-points relevant and irrelevant processing in mere moments.

"That is not what I asked."

House Aspar were the Confederacy's spymasters. With little political will of their own, beyond the conservation of the Aspar himself, and the protection of whatever secrets the mechanisms which held him commanded, everyone from the Great Houses to the Chancellery utilised them for petty intrigues and grand schemes.

"Was their death malicious?"

"Death is never malicious. Ask again."

The Chancellor felt his patience beginning to sap. "Did someone have them murdered?"

The answer was painfully contrite and simple.

"I did."

And the chamber was dark, and all there was then was the light reflecting from the pool.

The Chancellor asked his next question:

"Why?"

Back