I'm really feeling it! - Xenoblade 2

One of these days I'll get around to finishing 1 and 2.

One of these days.

This game looks so good I cannot wait, I might even buy season pass day 1 Monolith has enough trust from me. It's real interesting that they felt the need to spoiler out one of the Heroes on the selection screen I wonder who that'll end up being. Riku's voice is so strong I love it. From the look of the season pass splash image I'm guessing the bonus heroes'll end up being Shulk and Pyra, RIP Elma

From the look of the season pass splash image I'm guessing the bonus heroes'll end up being Shulk and Pyra, RIP Elma
Actually, given XB2's pass image was Torna-related, and the fact that image is using the Future Connected version of the Monado, there's a decent chance it's plot-relevant; I imagine they'd be heroes for the extra story content, rather than the inbetween-stuff. Would also explain why Shulk's Amiibo gives a Monado skin but Pyra/Mythra's don't.
Apparently the edgy Hero from the trailer has her Class, so yeah, slim chance unless the Nopon Archsage is writing fanfiction again.

EDIT: Also can we please get the title updated to reflect this now being a XB3 thread?

Last edited:
EDIT: Also can we please get the title updated to reflect this now being a XB3 thread?

No. This thread is five years old and it is predominately a historical record of people playing Xenoblade 2. That's why it was started and that's how it should remain. I've planning to do a big fancy Xenoblade 3 thread for when it comes out, so we can discuss it as people playing it, and not 35 pages into a thread about the previous game lol

Also critically I have to figure out a quote from the game to use as part of the title and I might need some time with the battle system first :V

More details on the Expansion Pass. Ethel has also been confirmed as a Hero after an earlier spotting of their weapon in gameplay.
(Also another Hero detail: Their Class is locked behind completing their Hero quest. No idea if that means 'the quest you recruit them from' or 'an additional quest after you recruit them'.)

More details on the Expansion Pass. Ethel has also been confirmed as a Hero after an earlier spotting of their weapon in gameplay.
(Also another Hero detail: Their Class is locked behind completing their Hero quest. No idea if that means 'the quest you recruit them from' or 'an additional quest after you recruit them'.)
Probably the latter, similarly to how getting signature arts worked in X.

I've preordered this game. It'll be the first time I've actually played a Xenoblade game rather than watch it on YouTube. I imagine there'll be plenty to get used to. But my main concern will probably be seeing how long it takes the switch to download it. I've decided to go digital to get past my issues starting anything, which I'll need in order to get through what'll surely have a long playtime.

I've preordered this game. It'll be the first time I've actually played a Xenoblade game rather than watch it on YouTube. I imagine there'll be plenty to get used to. But my main concern will probably be seeing how long it takes the switch to download it. I've decided to go digital to get past my issues starting anything, which I'll need in order to get through what'll surely have a long playtime.
Most of the time you can pre download games a day or two before they release, so you might be able to get it started before you go to work or something and have it ready as soon as the games released?

That's true. I just hope that my download time for a full sized JRPG isn't obnoxiously slow, even compared to usual with the switch.

The time between pre-release downloading and it being released should be enough to account for even the weird slowness of my switch's downloads verse my laptop. I hope. I had to download an update that couldn't have been that large and which an equivalent file surely would have taken minutes on my laptop, but took nearly 24 hours for the switch.

Well, probably not worth saying more. It's probably something at my end. So, hopefully, I'll be involved in post release discussions of the game here.

I will be out the door morning off and racing to a store to get a cartridge, so I kind of feel your pain on that front.

In the nearish future I will likely make a new (and locked before release date) discussion thread for XB3, including rules around posting spoilers and so on. I really enjoyed going through XB2 with this thread as a bit of companion, having other SVers playing it themselves. So I'm looking forward to doing it again with both returning and new players.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nmLXU2Yzqfo

Overview trailer, mostly covers the Directs stuff but also has what looks to be the Eryth Sea/something in XB2 fusion area.

On a related note, there's reports that street date has been broken for XB3, so now's the point to be extremely careful lest you get spoiled.

On a related note, there's reports that street date has been broken for XB3, so now's the point to be extremely careful lest you get spoiled
Yeah, it seems leaks are swirling about the internet from an early release of the game - much like the new Pokemon titles. Least we're only a week out from official XB3 release?

@Ford Prefect wanna make that new thread for XB3, seeing as we're close to it being released? Or are ya holding off til it comes out?

"No discussing leaks" is fine by me. Stuff dropped by early reviews(like the additional info on Hero classes from one I read) is probably fine in spoilers until the Wild Ride thread unlocks, but "X character is actually Alvis wearing a blatantly fake mustache" is a no-go.

On a related note, there's reports that street date has been broken for XB3, so now's the point to be extremely careful lest you get spoiled.
Saw the news, and yeah, great... I'm already struggling staying as blind as possible, so certainly looking forward to some random youtube thumbnail spoilers now even sooner than later. :rolleyes2:

Last thing I watched was the release date trailer and already felt like I've seen too much. One of the best things about XB1 for me was that I went in 100% blind (only bought it on a whim when I saw it cheap, just kinda knowing the title and that it was a well-liked RPG (might be that Operation Rainfall was around that time?)), and without reference for it, or being a series yet that could led to expectations, all the twists got me good. XBX, well, story wasn't really the focus, so while I was catching the marketing this time, the twists weren't spoiled. XB2, I think I also tried to nope out of the marketing at some point, but even if I hadn't, there they managed a great job of blindsiding you in regards of it being a sequel(/sidequel?) - and then a certain cutscene with a certain Professor comes in....

With XB3's very first showing making it clear that it's a sequel to both including (very likely) returning characters, as hyping as that is... I kinda would have liked to learn it from the game itself, even if it were to be apparent from the very first minute. I probably shouldn't doubt Monolith to still flash me with at least one huge surprise, but what's already known already lead to so much speculation especially in regards to possibly returning characters including some quite wild ones like officially tying to the other Xeno series, that I can't help but worry that if these things are to happen, they won't hit nearly as hard as if they would have come out of the blue. Same even if the twist is that none of the expected twists come true and maybe even the seemingly returning characters aren't who they appear to be, since, well, that's just another expectation.

I'm also kinda worried that it's going to taint the other games' endings. Granted XB2's already was somewhat open/melancholy (not just regarding the "do they still have their memories?" debate, but also for all we know the different nations may have gone back at each others throats for some silly reason sooner or later), but XB1's was such an unabashedly pure happy ending with everyone coming together, "walking into the future, hand in hand...". And there are few things I dislike more than a sequel taking its predecessor's hard-earned happy ending and go "aaaand they were all brutally killed two years later". :(

Going from fears to hopes though: Really hope there'll be an Affinity Chart more akin to the one in the first. I often seem to be the only one in that regard, but I loved the sidequests in 1 for the little stories around them and found them highly memorable. It was what made the world feel so alive to me, since it really demonstrated that there were so many people living their lives. And the chart, with all its relations between the NPCs played a bit part in that for me, trying to get all relations as good as possible. X's was a bit messy (and IIRC focused more on the NPC's relations to you?), but 2 getting rid of it entirely in all but name was a huge disappointment and the non-Blade quests being much less memorable in return. At least Torna's Community was a little step in that direction again (even if still not a relationship chart).

1 style affinity chart and region leveling had already been confirmed in the direct so you're good there.
Thanks. Admittedly I already heard that a chart was shown, but since I avoided the Direct, nor want to dig much atm otherwise, I wasn't sure if it's indeed X1-style. But if it is, certainly great to hear. ^^

Back