Hugh_Donnetono Presents: SV Mafia All-Stars (Or: A Crisis On Infinite Sus)

Created at
Index progress
Ongoing
Watchers
Recent readers

When Mafia Worlds Collide!
Last edited:
Mafia Special Edition: An Interdimensional Incident!

hugh_donnetono

No use to complain
With special thanks to @Shalmoa and @Shadell for balancing assistance, and to @Ori for sparking this idea.

There is nothing.

And then, suddenly, there isn't. Appearing from nowhere, pouring from tears in the fabric of the endless white nothing, being summoned in bursts of light or even just wandering into view from places nobody was looking, people begin to make their way into this space that is nothing. They are a strange bunch, body and form varying more than most could imagine, united apparently only in their confusion and distress, none seeming to have any idea what is going on. As people gradually cease pouring in before stopping altogether, arguments begin breaking out, people start throwing around accusations and demanding explanations... But before too long, that all dies down. It's become apparent, after all, that they're all equally in the same boat. Nobody has any idea what's happening more than anyone else. The amassed individuals resolve to begin exploring this strange space...

They find very little, aside from more void. At least it seems like there's a floor. But before too long - less than an hour - Another figure appears.

He is a Lesser Devil. Everyone here knows this, instinctively. He doesn't quite look how you'd think he would.

He glances imperiously around the assortment of strange individuals - before scowling. "Kah. Damn. I knew I sensed..." He shakes his head. "Shouldn'ta taken all those damn pills. Alright!" He calls out, his voice echoing so that all can hear it. "So! As I'm sure you can all tell..." He gestures around him, to the endless expanse of nothing. "...You're all trapped in this endless white void." He clicks his tongue. "My fault, I'm afraid. Sorry about that. I may have been doing a large amount of drugs an hour ago. And..." He sighs. "Alright, listen. I could help send you all back home. But as you may or may not have noticed yet, you're from a bunch of different universes. And sure, maybe I could pull off one dimensional transportation on someone else without anyone noticing, but not this many. And... This may or may not have not been the only thing I fucked up while I was high earlier. I have more than enough to explain to my bosses already. So I am not having to explain this, too. Sorry, you guys are on your own."

He pauses for a moment. Glancing around the void. "...That being said, you'll be fine. I can tell just by being here - This place has a hidden power. One which should be more than enough to get you guys all back where you came from, easy. So just... explore, a little more. Study your surroundings. I'm sure, so long as you all work together, you'll be able to harness it." He nods, apparently satisfied. "Alright. Good luck!" He waves at the assembled crowd, and then vanishes again.

The crowd is silent for a moment, before conversation slowly starts to fade back in. Once the occasional comments of 'wow, what a jerk that guy was' die down, the tone is optimistic. It's like he said - if this place really does have a hidden power that can get them home, all they have to do is work together to figure out how to control it. They'll all be home in no time!

- - -​

Far away, in a dark place, the Lesser Devil reappears. In this place - is The Archdemon. He looks nothing like how you think he does.

The Lesser Devil turns to his companion with a wicked, scheming smirk. "And now, we just have to wait."

The Archdemon is silent.

The Lesser Devil snorts. "Look. Your unholiness. Your games - they're wonderful. Masterpieces, all. But they require so much micromanagement! Seeding the numbers with your own forces, personally enforcing the rules... All I'm trying to demonstrate, is that it's not the only way to do it."

The Lesser Devil's lips turn up, in a positively cruel and evil grin. "If you choose the right people, my lord - then you can get a game going without needing to do hardly anything at all."

- - -​
It's only a few hours before people start turning up dead.

As fingers start being pointed, wild accusations starting to fly, it very gradually and then all at once becomes clear the one other thing every single being here has in common.

They've all done this before.

Welcome to SV Mafia All-Stars, or A Crisis on Infinite Sus, my most ridiculous game idea yet! This game is a full-on Crisis Crossover Event, with every role in it being one which has appeared before in a previous game on SV. Get out those back issues, superfans! And write your letters to the Editor! Good luck!

Rules:
  1. Mafia is a Game.
  2. Talk about the game inside the game. While the game's running, don't talk about the game outside of GM-designated places. No exceptions.
  3. Do not edit posts. No exceptions.
  4. Post only cleartext messages. Don't use hidden, illegible, or coded messages.
  5. Paraphrase all content from QuickTopics and Host PMs.Don't directly quote from any.
    • By playing in this game, for archival purposes, you preemptively consent to having the content of any DM you are a part of in, it aside from your role PM, made public after the game is over.
  6. Post only when posting's allowed. Keep posting in this thread to Day Phase, and only post if alive. Don't post during the Night Phase, or after elimination.
    • As a special exception, all players get one short Death Post of zero game value after elimination, made before the end of the next Phase.
  7. Post at least five times during every Day Phase.
    • If extenuating circumstances apply, notify your Host so arrangements can be made.
  8. Play the Game, not the Metagame. Judging a player's actions in the context of previous games is fine, but refrain from directly predicting or citing the GM's actions as evidence.
  9. Play to win. This improves both your own experience and the experience of your peers.
  10. Rules and Mechanics may be amended at any point in the game to fix game-breaking issues. Hosts will clearly announce any such changes, unless doing so would compromise the game.
Game-specific Rules:
  • Setup type: closed. This means no access to obs chat after you die, guys!
  • The game is separated into Day and Night Phases.
    • Day Phase lasts at least 72 hours, starting by 7 PM and ending at 7 PM Eastern time.
    • Night Phase lasts 42 hours, starting at 7 PM and ending at 1 PM. Day start may occur at any point between that time and the start deadline.
  • Day voting: Plurality, no hammer.
    • Vote Noyeet, No Vote, or Sleep if you don't want anyone to die that day.
  • Bastard: I've done my best to avoid it, but maybe. Apologies if so!
  • If an action for the night phase has not been submitted by the deadline, the default is taking no action.
  • If activity requirements are not met for a day phase, a request for replacement may be sent, depending on communication (or lack thereof) with the player in question. If no replacement has been found and activity requirements continue to go unmet, the slot may be modkilled.
  • Tied votes will be resolved as one of the players with the most votes being killed at random.
  • Roles will be distributed randomly, etc.
  • Player count: This game was designed originally for a player count of 22. However, it can comfortably go down to as low as 17 players, or even up to 23 if we really get an amazing turnout.
Warnings to emphasize:
  • First, the usual double warning - closed setup means no post-death obs chat! I will bop anyone who asks.
  • Every role in this game was taken from a previous mafia game, with generally at most minor changes. Interactions may get crazy.
  • Reading through old games to get an idea of what might appear in this one is encouraged, and discussing them won't fall under rule 8 outside of exceptional circumstances. (This is probably a given, but I'm never quite clear on what is and isn't rule 8 so I figured I'd be specific.)
  • yes, I could have gone through and picked only vanillas, but this game is marked as hopefully not bastard thank you very much

Signups are closed.
  1. @-Rosen - [???] Died Night 1.
  2. @Ori - Old Hand, a former Former Denizen of the Night, aligned with Town. Perfectly Normally Nightkilled Night 3.
  3. @Byzantine
  4. @Variable - Commander Rhodes, the Shape-Shifting Spy, an Agent of Hell aligned with Town. Voted out Day 1.
  5. @Wiadi
  6. @Nopeguy - Zaealix, a member of the Zaealix Collective, aligned with Scum. Was killed in broad daylight Day 3.
  7. @RoachTV
  8. @Cyricubed - Curly the Bad Clown, a Bad Guy aligned with Town. Account Deleted Night 1.
  9. @NinetyNineLies
  10. @Archeo Lumiere
  11. @ComiTurtle - Lemony Plicit, a [Magical Girl] aligned with Town. Perfectly Normally Nightkilled Night 1.
  12. @A Bunch Of Atoms
  13. @Legend of Ruina @Logos - "Commander Rhodes, the Shape-Shifting Spy, an Agent of Hell" aligned with Town. Perfectly Normally Nightkilled Night 2.
  14. @Draxy - Anders the Ankylosaurus, a Herbivore aligned with Town. Voted out day 4.
  15. @Nictis - [???] Died Night 4.
  16. @Nanimani
  17. @Clown Bean - the Master of the Warpstone Generator, a warlock engineer of Clan Skryre, aligned with Town. CHOMPED Night 2.
  18. @InterstellarHobo
  19. @Ranger65 @Young Pyromancer
  20. @Zaealix - FirnBot, the Mad Dicebot, a Serial Killer. Voted out Day 2 again 😭
  21. @dinomannitro6 - Kingside Bishop, a loyal member of the Forthright Black Army, aligned with Town. Voted out Day 3.

Last edited:
Yeah, I should have time for this, count me in. Though I make no promises to do my homework :V

RIP hugh.

Guess I'll just have to run the game instead. It surely can't be that involved.

Looks at design document again.

[x] Res hugh

:V

Shalmoa has resurrected Hugh. Shalmoa has been removed from the game and all knowledge of hugh's alignment has been wiped from the board, and applicable minds. Carry on.

( ;D )

Hey can I join? I Haven't really played anything on Sv so I don't know if me joining would be a bad idea.
you absolutely can! In fact I encourage it! For you see this is my true sinister evil plan - by running this game, I'm giving an active incentive for any random who plays it to go back and read through old games XD

Love to have you 👍

Last edited:
As long as I harness the power of all my past selves I'll make it to N1...

and possibly the final day...christ I either die early or see the end game don't I?

In.

On the one hand, this seems fun. On the other hand, it also seems like the biggest time sink of any mafia game ever.

Argh. I'll split the difference with sub.

You know... This sounds fun! Is there an actual investigative component? I want there to be an actual investigative component. Either way, In.

Back