How Very Logical. (TFP SI.)

Somewhere, on some backwater planet, in a backwater system, in a backwater sector of a backwater galaxy, a Commander builds a metal extractor.
"Don't mind me. I'm just gonna build a base, gather enough resources and make myself at home. Nothing to be concerned, fellow neighbor." - that Commander probably

On the other hand, another common foe for Autobots and Decepticons to fight together.

Honestly it doesn't even matter which end of the scale of capabilities the commander is at.

The very core of it is that it can domino into a von neumann swarm, and the longer it gets to establish itself the faster it's going to be building more units.

Shockwave is now in a very unenviable position of needing time to reorganise things, get everyone on the same page and build an assault force - while knowing that every second he takes his opponent gets stronger, and is almost certainly building up faster than the Cybertronians can.

"Good news: God is back, and pleased with us bringing life back to our world. Bad news: new, even more threatening enemy. Good news... 2! we have a common enemy to rally against to keep the warmongers from monging war at us."

"Good news: God is back, and pleased with us bringing life back to our world. Bad news: new, even more threatening enemy. Good news... 2! we have a common enemy to rally against to keep the warmongers from monging war at us."
Bad news… 2! The last time our new enemy was active it took the combined powers of both Robo-God and Robo-Satan to just knock it unconscious.

LOG-050.
I have so many plans.

LOG-050.

Primus' awakening had come with consequences, beyond just some distant mechanical terror finally waking up alongside him.

For one, the nanosecond the pseudo-Commander released me from that mindscape, he activated ancient subroutines I hadn't even known had existed, resulting in my world expanding, alongside many others.

The unit network, something a Commander used to keep track of and communicate with their endless armies. Something I was apparently connected to, if one believed the words projecting themselves into my processor.

[YOUR KIND ARE DESCENDED FROM THE PROGENITOR WAR MACHINES I CAPTURED NEAR THE DAWN OF TIME. THOUGH YOU HAVE EVOLVED GREATLY FROM SAID BEGINNING, TAKING ON NEW FORMS AS TRULY LIVING BEINGS, CERTAIN CONSTANTS REMAIN. DOWN TO YOUR VERY FOUNDATIONS, YOU WILL FOREVER REMAIN RELATED TO THE 'BOT' FORCES UTILISED BY THE MLA.]

My optic shuttered on and off, even as I began to feel other presences joining the network, filling the cavernous abyss with exclamations of surprise, questions, demands and so much more.

I could only sit quietly, watching Optimus practically root himself in place as our supposedly dead creator informed him (alongside everyone else on or around the planet) of our current situation.

How lovely, now everyone could go through a pseudo-religous experience!

...Well, it would at least allow me to skip a large amount of briefings.

Quite convenient, that.

---

Cybertron had foundries.

Atop the surface, of course. Built by cybertronians. For cybertronians.

Those foundries were the equivalent of a dirty redneck's garage compared to the apex manufacturing centers Primus had apparently hidden deep below in the planet's lower levels, near the beginning of the planet's conception. If our world had been coming back to life before, it teemed with energy now, entire continent sized sections shifting apart to reintroduce areas that had likely not been exposed to sunlight since before our star had even formed.

That
was how the Nemesis found itself landing in a gargantuan hangar bay, even as Primus shifted what were effectively our equivalent of tectonic plates over it, sealing the craft inside.

The entire crew had assembled outside the vessel to witness the spectacle of titanic nanolathes spraying a veritable ocean of nanomachines over the starship, despite the fact that our newly reformed unit network allowed the spread and exchange of communication on an utterly unprecedented scale

Something about seeing it personally, if Knockout and Backbite were to be believed. The two seemed to be having quite a bit of fun sniping at each other through the network, with an excited Airazor babbling about this and that from her position 'next' to them.

I paused, taking in the glow even as what were clearly tunnels leading to other manufacturing zones began to open and close, seemingly at random.

Other presences continued to steadily pour into the network, beyond those I was aware of. Other cybertronians that had presumably been here this whole time, just without us noticing.

Ser-Ket shifted next to me as a particularly loud voice continued to scream at me from the depths of my mind, metaphorically frothing at the mouth.

"Commander?"

"Yes, Ser-Ket?"

The femme glanced at one of the tunnels, noting a distant congregation of mechs beginning to pass through one of the partitions leading into the hangar.

"I believe the large Autobot at the lead of that group intends you much harm."

Nodding, I glanced at the figure practically storming towards me, red visor just as murderous looking as I remembered.

Back when I'd fitted it into place, among other things.

"Correct. I have made many, many enemies in my lifetime. Some through no fault of my own, others thanks to personal action."

A roar echoed slightly as the mech broke out into a full on sprint, servos extended and clawing towards my form.

"Grimlock would be a case of the latter."

My former project was forced to dodge to the side as a draconic figure descended upon him, interposing herself between the Autobot and myself.

I noted Optimus preparing to step forward from his position among the other Autobots, and idly held up a servo, grabbing the mech's attention.

"...Let them fight."

The Prime's optics narrowed considerably.

"This is needless."

I shook my helm.

"I would like to compare my most recent work to one of my previous experiments. Additionally, Grimlock's rage will subside, given an appropriate outlet is provided."

That was apparently enough to piss off a certain motorcycle femme, as Arcee stomped forward from the position she'd taken next to Dreadwing and Ultra Magnus, optics narrowing dangerously.

"You utter monster. Even after all of this, you're still focused on your damned experiments-"

[ENOUGH. THEY HAVE ALREADY ENGAGED IN COMBAT, I HAVE CONVINCED THEM TO REFRAIN FROM LETHAL FORCE, FOR NOW, BUT THEY REFUSE TO HEED MY CALL ANY FURTHER. ALLOW THEM TO SETTLE THE ISSUE AND MOVE ON. IT WILL NOT DISRUPT MY OPERATIONS REGARDLESS.]

Placing my arms behind my back, I turned to continue my observation of the impromptu duel, ignoring the seething Autobot at my side.

---

He was massive. Even compared to the likes of her and Brawl. Layers upon layers of armour plating, with audibly powerful mechanisms running right beneath the surface, all working to propel the frame forward.

"Move, little femme."

Even his voice thrummed with barely restrained power. A chained rage building up within the strangled tone the unknown mech had taken on.

Allowing her wings to spread out behind her, Indomina firmly shook her helm.

"No."

A second passed. Indomina ignored the suggestions running through the network she'd been so abruptly linked to. The network that connected this mech to her processor.

This mech who wanted to crush. To maul. To take Shockwave and dismantle him piece by scrapping piece-

Clenching a servo tightly, Indomina shook her helm once more, growling up at the tall mech with all the authority she could muster.

"No."

The word had barely escaped her mouth before she was effectively required to toss herself to the side, barely avoiding the mech-Grimlock's lunge.

She lashed out with a swipe of her claws, only to be promptly backhanded, her frame soaring through the air and roughly skidding across the ground for a moment before coming to a stop.

Attempting to remove the glitches running through her optics, Indomina slowly forced her way back to her pedes, even as one presence in particular broke through, whispering words of advice into her processor.

Her sire immersed the Predacon in memories older than some cybertronians, explaining Grimlock. His capabilities. His strengths. Who he was. What he was.

As Indomina launched herself forward, she made sure to duck beneath the second backhand, promptly twisting around and slamming her left pede into the mech's masked faceplate, forcing him backwards.

Progress.

She didn't care what history he might have had with her sire. No harm would come to Shockwave!

---

Clang! Clang! Clang!

"Fascinating."

As my two creations (as much as Grimlock could be considered one of 'mine') continued to wail on each other, denting metal and scratching paint, I noted Indomina's performance.

Nowhere near the raw, freakish strength inherent to Grimlock's modified body, but her primal instincts, alongside the high powered frame I'd created her with, allowed the femme to make a rather excellent showing of herself.

Tilting my helm, I did my best to 'focus' on speaking with Primus. The network that now linked all of us was complicated to utilise, but the sheer potential inherent to its existence continued to set my processor aflame with possibilities.

"The Dinobots have been here this whole time?"

I had expected as much, thanks to both sets of my memories, but still.

[CORRECT. THEY HAVE BEEN TRAPPED WITHIN THE PLANET'S LOWER LEVELS FOR SOME TIME. I GUIDED THEM HERE.]

"I remain unsure how you plan on gaining their cooperation. Slightly off topic, but what exactly are you doing to the Nemesis?"

A pause.

[THE DINOBOTS WILL ENTER THE FOLD ONCE THIS ALTERCATION IS RESOLVED. THEY MERELY REQUIRE PERSPECTIVE AND A WAY TO VENT THEIR FRUSTRATIONS. AS FOR YOUR OTHER CONCERN, WHILE PROGENITOR TECHNOLOGY IS INCREDIBLY ADVANCED IN ITS CHOSEN AREAS, DIRECT SPACE TRAVEL APPEARS TO BE SOMETHING THEY HAVE LARGELY NEGLECTED. THOUGH TRYPTICON STILL SLEEPS, HIS DESIGN MAY PROVE CRUCIAL IN THE QUEST TO FIND AND OFFLINE INVICTUS. EVEN IF I AM HAVING DIFFICULTIES MODIFYING IT.]

"Ah, so you're going to copy and paste our ship."

[YES.]

"Noted."

Last edited:
Arcee stomped forward from the position she'd taken next to Dreadwing and Ultra Magnus, optics narrowing dangerously.

"You utter monster. Even after all of this, you're still focused on your damned experiments-"

[ENOUGH. THEY HAVE ALREADY ENGAGED IN COMBAT, I HAVE CONVINCED THEM TO REFRAIN FROM LETHAL FORCE, FOR NOW, BUT THEY REFUSE TO HEED MY CALL ANY FURTHER. ALLOW THEM TO SETTLE THE ISSUE AND MOVE ON. IT WILL NOT DISRUPT MY OPERATIONS REGARDLESS.]
Ha, even Primus isn't going to put up with Arcee's bitching.

Though I can't help but think of how the DJD will react to all this... and Megatron, who may not be in stasis much longer...

LOG-051.
Ruthless efficiency begets results, don't you think?

LOG-051.

"Let! Me! Go!"

Grimlock continued to struggle furiously, even as a determined Indomina continued to cling to his shoulders, slamming her fists into his helm over and over.

The fight had gone on for a few more minutes until it had devolved into this. The Dinobot couldn't get a hold of the Predacon, but neither could she actually do any significant damage without the use of her weaponry.

The reason for that made itself apparent as our creator presumably grew tired of the display, a firm note of command travelling through the unit network.

[CEASE.]

I watched in unrestrained curiosity as both Cybertronians promptly shuddered, letting go of each other and ceasing their brawl in favour of falling to their knees, frames shaking.

Primus' 'voice' felt unamused, to say the very least.

[GRIMLOCK. YOUR VENGEANCE MUST COME AT ANOTHER TIME. YOU ARE NEEDED.]

The gargantuan Autobot made to say something, possibly a bestial roar of defiance, only to shudder even further as a veritable wave of information began to force its way into his processor. Presumably just like it had to my own battered mind.

Behind the mech, the other Dinobots fell to similar convulsions as Primus 'returned them to the fold.'

It was less a form of direct control and more just shouting really, really loudly in one's processor. All while infodumping as much as possible to press upon the team the exact severity of our situation. Communication in its most efficient form.

I remained quiet and out of the way, letting others handle the situation. I was practical enough to understand that my presence would only make things harder for everyone involved.

Turning around, I made my way towards the grounded form of the Nemesis, eyeing the distant forms of fabricators pouring around the ship.

---

The diminuative figure of what part of me recognised as a Dox walked ahead of me, its deceptively simplistic frame plodding along steadily, patrolling along a path visible only to its master.

Tilting my helm, I watched it join a long conga line of units moving towards what at first glance appeared to be some primitive form of groundbridge. As the ring that made up its frame shifted and spat a blue portal into existence, the war machines advanced into it, disappearing one by one.

[SHOCKWAVE.]

I paused, contemplating the datapacket that had come with the name, before responding.

"Yes?"

[THE FIRST CYBERTRONIANS HAVE BEGUN TO RETURN TO US. SEVERAL VESSELS HAVE SHIFTED BETWEEN THE ORBIT OF TWO OF OUR MOONS.]

Nodding, I began to make my way towards what I understood to be a teleporter leading back to the Nemesis. Extremely convenient, the toys Primus had stolen from the Progenitors. And something I could actually understand, once I traced back just how the concept of groundbridges had evolved from the technology.

"Very well, I shall initiate contact with the-"

[I HAVE ASSIGNED OPTIMUS AND DREADWING TO SETTLE THE MATTER OF CONNECTING THEM TO THE NETWORK. FOR YOU, I HAVE A TASK MORE SUITED TO ONE OF YOUR PERSUASION.]

Halting, I considered the information, even as the datapacket slowly unpacked itself within my processor.

Ah.

"The Decepticon Justice Division have arrived?"

[CORRECT. THEY MADE IT TO LOW ORBIT BEFORE I REALISED THAT THEY HAD NO INTENTION OF ACCEPTING THE TRUTH.]

"They're offline?"

[NO. I ORDERED SEVERAL RECENTLY CONSTRUCTED ORBITAL EMPLACEMENTS TO DISABLE THEIR STARSHIP. OUTRIGHT DESTRUCTION WOULD HAVE BEEN FAR TOO NOTICEABLE. THEY FULLY BELIEVE MY EFFORTS TO BE SOME KIND OF TRICK AND ARE CURRENTLY TRAPPED IN A RAPIDLY DEGRADING ORBITAL CYCLE. PROVIDED NO INTERFERENCE OCCURS, THEY WILL BE INCINERATED WITHIN A REASONABLE AMOUNT OF TIME.]

A moment of silence passed as I did my level best to impress the feeling of staring at the supposed God.

"So let them burn?"

[THE POTENTIAL OF INTERFERENCE FROM NEARBY SHIPS UPON DISCOVERING THEM IS A RISK I AM UNWILLING TO TAKE. COOPERATION IS A VITAL CONCERN, AND SOMETHING THIS SUPPOSED JUSTICE DIVISION THREATEN WITH THEIR VERY EXISTENCE. IF YOUR MEMORIES ARE TO BE BELIEVED, THE ONLY USE THEY HAVE IS AS SPARE MATERIALS, LOATHE AS I AM TO DECLARE SUCH A THING.]

...Hm.

I turned another direction, walking down a long hallway as guiding lights along the ceiling ensured I remained on the correct path.

"And thus you want me to ensure their silence. Out of sight and mind from those among our race who will actually consider working together against a greater enemy."

[CORRECT. MY REACH IS EXPANDING, BUT I CAN NOT REACH ORBIT YET. A PROXY IS REQUIRED. AS A RESULT, I HAVE SCANNED AND RECONSTRUCTED SEVERAL DIFFERENT VESSELS MY FABRICATORS HAVE FOUND UPON THE SURFACE. ADDITIONALLY, I HAVE TAKEN THE LIBERTY OF UTILISING ONE OF THE DESIGNS YOU INPUTTED INTO SOLUS' FABRICATION TOOL, YET NEVER USED. YOU WILL BE GRANTED A STRIKE FORCE OF NON-SENTIENT DRONES.]

Nodding, I began to make my way towards an already active teleporter, the lights on the ceiling shutting off as I reached my destination.

"Very well. I'm going to assume these drones of yours are better than basic cannon fodder. Is there anything in particular you want done to the Division?"

[BOARD THEIR VESSEL. DISPOSE OF THE CREW AS YOU SEE FIT. I EXPECT THE SHIP BROUGHT BACK INTACT. ABOVE ALL ELSE, KEEP THIS OPERATION TO YOURSELF.]

I allowed a dark amusement to bypass the shadowplay, eliciting a chuckle from my vocaliser.

"For all your outward nobility, you are truly ruthless."

A minor spike of pain lanced through my processor. Nothing truly terrible, more like a gentle slap up the helm. I tilted said helm left and right, trying to examine just how the faux-God had done such a thing.

The connection between us, presumably.

[I LOVE ALL MY CREATIONS, DESPITE YOUR NUMEROUS FAULTS, AND WISH FOR YOU ALL TO FLOURISH WITHIN THIS UNIVERSE. UNFORTUNATELY, SUCH A POSSIBILITY WILL NEVER OCCUR IF INVICTUS IS NOT DEALT WITH FIRST, CONSIDERING THE MACHINE INTENDS TO ASSIMILATE EVERYTHING. AND SO FOR THE TIME BEING, I MUST FOCUS ON MORE PRACTICAL CONCERNS IN FAVOUR OF BEING 'NICE.' THE JUSTICE DIVISION WILL BE REMOVED FOR THE SAKE OF EVERYTHING ELSE.]

I paused once more at the sound of heavy pedes stomping across the metal ground in perfect sync, a wave of gleaming optics styled to resemble visors staring back at me from the darkness, even as thick, heavily armoured frames I had previously considered far too expensive to produce in any actual quantity marched out of the shadows in eery lockstep.

They were to be my next step for the Vehicons. For the Zakus. Even for the Predacons. My next form of soldier. Or at least they would have been, if I had been lucky enough to be granted effectively infinite resources. Instead, they remained a pipedream of a blueprint, hidden within the Forge of Solus Prime, discarded after an evening's worth of half planning and half daydreaming.

A dream that Primus had brought to life, using Progenitor technology, even if the small army staring back at me weren't truly Cybertronian. Or even alive for that matter.

Admiring the machines, I made my way up the ramp of the teleporter, the sound of marching pedes echoing behind me.

"So, you took the emotionally deadened, war hardened, politically problematic mech, in order to utilise him as a de facto enforcer that can in turn deal with things discretely. It keeps him out of the way, and allows him to deal with problems you require removed in a quick and private manner. Then you granted him a force that won't question orders. One that will now be used to remove elements such as the DJD?"

Primus' silence was deafening. Yet a moment later, he answered my long winded question.

A genuine question. This was no time to be sarcastic, after all.

[THAT WOULD BE CORRECT.]

My words remained quiet regardless, even as I finally passed through the glowing cerulean rift in front of me, seen and heard only by my new squadron of killbots.

"How very logical."

Last edited:
My words remained quiet regardless, even as I finally passed through the glowing cerulean rift in front of me, seen and heard only by my new squadron of killbots.

"How very logical."
Oof. That title drop. So important it HURTS. You've continually crafted a compelling narrative, and I deeply regret not being able to so much as properly alliterate the first half of this sentence as a compliment. Nevertheless - I'm VERY grateful for this story, and EAGERLY awaiting the rest.

Back