Index progress
Hiatus
Watchers
Recent readers

Scraped from here.

OOC thread...
Scraped from here.

OOC thread:
http://forums.sufficientvelocity.com/threads/homebrew-space-opera-rp-ooc-recruitment.4346/

Char sheets:
2 Defense - Manget - Defense\EW officer, tech
Starship weapon operation +
Electromagnetic warfare ++
Tech (basic) +
Tech (lasers) +
Tech (computers) +

1 Weapons/1 Gear - Enigmatic Magus - Weapon\security officer, heavy weapon operator, ordnance tech
Combat skills (Basic, zero-g, firearms, energy weapons, heavy weapons) +
Tech (basic) +
Tech (firearms) +
Tech (ordnance) +
Tech (rocketry)+

2 Computer - Taugundrone - Captain, computer\electronics expert
Starship command +
Tech (computers) ++
Tech (electronics) ++
Tech (basic) +

1 Medical/1 Supplies- Daraken - Quartermaster/Doctor
Medicine +
Tech (medical) +
Tech (basic) +
Driving (wheeled, exoskeletons) +
Administration +
Trade +

1 Quarters/1 Operational Fund- Skaro - Trader\financial officer\the social guy
Administration +
Trade +
Diplomacy +
Tech (basic) +
Business\management +
Driving (wheeled, exoskeletons) +

2 Small Craft- KadeS - Pilot with some tech skills
Piloting (fighters, shuttles, utility craft) ++
Electromagnetic warfare +
Tech (basic) +
Tech (aerospace) +
Tech (computers) +

1 Power-Propulsion/1 Extended Internal Security - Omnimercurial - Chief engineer, security officer
Starship command +
Combat skills (Basic, zero-g, firearms, energy weapons, demolition) +
Tech (nuclear) +
Tech (gravitics) +
Tech (basic)+
Tech (computers) +

2 Technical Support - dragonwarz - Engineer
Tech (gravitics) +
Tech (basic) ++
Tech (ground vehicles) +
Tech (aerospace) +
Tech (computers) +

DOES NOT APPLY TO SHIP
1 Weapons & 1 Gear - Dreamyr - Weapon officer, security officer, demolitions expert
Combat skills (Basic, zero-g, firearms, energy weapons, demolition) +
Tech (basic) +
Tech (explosives) +
Tech (ordnance) +
Tech (advanced missiles)+

2 Technical Support - Alanek2002 - Engineer
Tech (gravitics) +
Tech (basic) ++
Tech (ground vehicles) +
Tech (aerospace) +
Tech (computers) +

Ship hull: Tarantula class heavy corvette, customized
Name: ?

Armor: Light, upgraded to medium by spaced nanocomposite layer
Weapons:
a)10 class 1 defensive laser turrets (6 dorsal, 4 keel)
b)5 twin class 3 laser turrets (3 dorsal, 2 keel)

Propulsion: 3x Double purpose fusion reactor with gravity drive, 1 auxiliary fission reactor, emergency battery bank
Maximum acceleration: 230(240+10-20)G
FTL: 950 (950+50-50)x
Tactical FTL capability: Poor+
Planetary landing: Medicore
Fuel: De, 9/12kt
Quarters:3x 2p medium size medium quality, 15(+7 in mission section) 2p small size medium quality, 50 total

Major systems:
-STL Sensors (medicore)
-FTL sensors (basic)
-ECM system (basic)
-Fire control (basic)
-STL Comms (average)
-Closed cycle life support (air and water, max capacity of 150 adult humans)
-Bridge (average automation, 4 stations with basic passive cyber interfacing)
-Main computer (medicore)
-Auxiliary computer (medicore)
-Infirmary (basic with operating room, small, basic drug supply)
-Storage bays (medium)
-Vehicle bay with ramp (basic, small)
-Workshop (good, large, 3d printers)
-Internal security system
-Upper cargo deck
-Bottom cargo\vehicle deck
-Prow cargo hold (4 decks)
-Standard hangar bay
-External docking systems (dorsal)

NPC Crew:
Equipment and supplies:
-Spare part stock 100%
-Basic and advanced repair\maintenance tools, expanded stock
-Laser welding equipment
-10x 8h oxygen tank pack
-3 light vacuum suits
-2 heavy vacuum suits
- Light loader exoskeleton
-3 VP 10x30mm semi auto pistols (A:L)
-2 VP 12 ga semi auto shotguns (A:L)
-60 person-months of food and misc supplies

Cargo:

Small craft:

F-139A.Limited agility , with 450G acceleration, decent sensors and okish ECM, and weaponry consisting of 3 class 3 lasers. It has 12 pylons plus a missile bay.
(3x class 3 laser, 12+4 pylons. 1S 2EN A: 450G, S: M-, C: P\#, AMR: M-, ATM: P+, ECM: P+ )
-1x basic combat pilot suit
Loadout:
-4x basic short ranged anti fighter missile
-4x basic light anti ship missile (HEAT)
-2x 500kg LGB

EAC Stormer A light attack shuttle.
(2x class 2 laser, 1x30mm AC turret, 4 pylons. 2S, 8P, 2EN A: 250G, S: P-, C: P-\#, AMR: M+, ATM: P-, ECM: P+ )
-2x basic combat pilot suit
Loadout:
-2x 80mm 40-rocket pod, 40 80mm HE rockets
-400HEI\3000 30mm ammo

NDC U-54 utility craft. A common model with an exchangeable mission module (basic technical), crew 2-4. Can do atmospheric flight at subsonic velocities, but cannot enter atmosphere on it's own. 50G acceleration.
-2 medium vacuum suits

You wake up in the middle of a rocky desert, with a bunch of 9 other random people nearby, also seemingly wakind up... There is little vegetation, mostly patches of some red moss, not to mention that the sky is just plain wrong... It has a reddish hue, not to mention that there are 2 moons on it, despite it being the (extremely hot) middle of the day,

3 large silver-gray tents standing beside, and near them, you see 3 vehicles parked in a row - 2 ATV's, and a large 4x4 car that reminds you of humvee, though it's noticeably a different model, and somewhat wider.

Well.

Unfamiliar setting? Check.

Strange people? Check.

They seem about as confused as I am? Maybe check.

"Gentlemen, I do believe we've just been ROBbed."

I open my eyes to the glare of a hot noon sun and a red sky with two moons. Sitting up allows me to survey the surrounding area, desert. Rocky desert. Lots of desert. God. I hate you. So much. But at least there's some stuff there. ATV's and a car. Some tents which will probably be useful sooner rather than later. And hey, nine other guys. And talk about ROB. God I hate god.
omnimercurial said:
Drawing in a Deep and luxurious breath I turn to face the individual who woke me to mentions of ROB. "You know what?" I asked. "At this point I don't really care what ROB has done to us, I'm not Ill anymore and unless a Horde of Tyranids or Zerg come bursting out of the ground any minute, I'm going to damn well enjoy this change of fortune!"
I wince and hiss. "Stop. For the love of Karma stop! Before you bring something down on us for a bastard's amusement!"

"What did I drink last night." I mumble. "Why is the lightbulb red? Did someone paint on it?"

I look around and see that there's a red sky and two moons. "What the hell..? Is this.."

ATVs, tents, futuristic Humvees. Dammit. ROB. Now that I realize what's going on, I get up and look at everyone else before making my way towards the tens to get out of the heat.

I open my eyes -Wait a minute, a don't remember closing them... or being standing... why is the sky- why do I have a gun?
Taugundrone said:
Well.

"Gentlemen, I do believe we've just been ROBbed."
Ok, ROBed. Capital ROB... Crap. Ah well, looks somewhat safe for now-
omnimercurial said:
"Holy Fuck!" I gasp in horror. "That's some fucking awful Gun Safety Awareness in action!" I exclaim in self chastisement and dismay.
Drawing in a Deep and luxurious breath I turn to face the individual who woke me to mentions of ROB. "You know what?" I asked. "At this point I don't really care what ROB has done to us, I'm not Ill anymore and unless a Horde of Tyranids or Zerg come bursting out of the ground any minute, I'm going to damn well enjoy this change of fortune!"
No! Augh! ROBs love to play with tropes!

I wince, as he taunts fate.

"Be careful. We don't know if fate is sentient here or not, and I wouldn't put it past a ROB to do so purely to mess with us."

I look around, taking in the alien surroundings.

"... Where are we? I mean, we got some neat stuff, including guns... We might be in space Australia. If so, It'll have been a pleasure knowing you for the 5 minutes we survive."

I take a deep breath, and as I open my mouth to speak, I realize something. "I know Tech-fu!" Grinning, I continue. "If the Rob gave us skills, we probably have at least a chance to use them!"

I get up and stretch before slowly ambling towards the car. Maybe it had air-conditioning and unlimited power. What if it was hot from being in the sun? Have we been in the sun for a while? Are we going to get heat stroke? Anything going to happen sooner or later? I dunno, fuck it I can go nap in the car.

I facepalm at the utter stupidity surrounding me.

"Really guys? we've not even been here, where ever here is, for 5 minutes and you've already invoked Murphy. I- I'll be over in the tents looking for supplies and hopefully the distance will be enough to keep me from having a space tractor dropped on my head or something." I turn and begin marching off towards the tents before pausing and calling back.

"Oh, and dibs on the Humvee!"Hopefully ROB was nice enough to give us some water so we don't thirst to death in this bloody desert I muse as I investigate the tents.

Dreamyr said:
I facepalm at the utter stupidity surrounding me.

"Really guys? we've not even been here, where ever here is, for 5 minutes and you've already invoked Murphy. I- I'll be over in the tents looking for supplies and hopefully the distance will be enough to keep me from having a space tractor dropped on my head or something." I turn and begin marching off towards the tents before pausing and calling back.

"Oh, and dibs on the Humvee!"Hopefully ROB was nice enough to give us some water so we don't thirst to death in this bloody desert I muse as I investigate the tents.
"Shotgun!" I call as I head to a different tent.

Enigmatic Magus said:
"Anyone know how I knew how to do that? Or even a guess?"
"ROB. I'd guess inserted memories." I state.

"Does anyone have ANY idea where we are?" I say out loud, before looking back at the other person.

"Kade." I extend my hand.

As you search the tents, you see that 2 of them contain 5 cots each, with a metal crate near each one. Each crate contains: A rucksack. Inside, a canteen of water, combat knife, some PDA like electronic device, googles. Also, tan boots, and a desert camo full body suit with a hood and breathing mask.
The third tent contains only a bunch of crates and other things:
Crate of guns:
1x 15x120mm semi auto rifle with a multi mode 40x scope and bipod. Uses 10 round mags.
2x 10x75mm semi auto rifle with a multi mode 24x scope. Uses 15 round mags.
3x 5x60mm HV semi auto rifle with a 4x ACOG scope. Uses 25 round mags.
1x 12mm railgun rifle with a multi mode 24x scope and bipod. Pump action with 8 round internal magazine.
1x civilian laser rifle with a multi mode 24x scope and bipod.
2 crates of ammo for your weapons, few hundreds of civilian grade rounds per gun, including 2 spare batteries for the laser rifle.
Large paramedic bad and 2 first aid kits.
3 crates of MRE's. 20 5l water canisters.
1xHydrogen tank trolley.
1 crate containing: 4x black "shirt" made of some strange material. Slightly heavier than normal clothing, especially something this thin, and the material is very slick and cannot be ripped no matter how hard you try.
2x electronic dual mode basic\NVG bionoculars
2x folding shovel
2x flashlight 1 crate containing a bunch of mechanical tools, parts, cables etc.
Daraken said:
My voice responds from the driver seat of the 4x4-esque vehicle. "Nope! Of course, now I'm finding it odd that I don't find it odd."

I pause from my inspection of the controls of the vehicle, finding it strangely familiar yet not at the same time. "And there it goes away. Defensive mechanism maybe? ROB might not find it fun to watch a bunch of grown men break down."

"You can call me Daraken. Doctor Daraken, haha! Driver Doctor Daraken?"
The inside is more resemblant of a luxury car than a military vehicle. There are 6 seats inside, 3 front, 3 rear, and plenty of room inside. Controls are not that different from a normal car, though it has no gear stick, some of the electronics are hard to identify, and there is no place to stick a key in, nevermind that you don't have one.

" I dip on desert camo suit"I wear the suit to prevent myself form the harshness of desert.

and take 1x civilian laser rifle with a multi mode 24x scope and bipod.

I shrug, and pull on the desert camo suit in- well, I guess it's mine now- my crate, and attach the knife to my belt.

Looking at the Black shirts I ask: "So, the drivers probably get these, but who gets the fourth? Rock-paper scissors?"

I then Indicate a 5x60 MM rifle. "Dibs!"

I look Askance at Alanek.

"Why exactly would the drivers specifically get the shirts? The Humvee driver certainly doesn't need it. The ATV drivers I can understand but this seems like a bulletproof undershirt than anything else..."

"Which doesn't exactly say anything fantastic about where we're. Then again all the guns ROB gave us should have given that away." I muse aloud.

"Either way I'm calling dibs on one." I say as I snag one of the strange shirts and head towards a tent to change into it and the desert gear, grabbing one of the 10x75mm semi auto rifle's on the way.

"After all, I'm pretty sure as the guy who had the knowledge of how to strip a gun in under 60 seconds and more ways to make a bomb than I'm comfortable with shoved into my head I'll likely be the one protecting your asses from whatever ROB throws at us."

After waiting my turn, I go into one of the tents, change into the desert clothing and gear up with equipment. I skip the guns, but grab some water on my way to the Humvee.

"All I know is how to fly things and fix a couple things. If we have time, I'd like to get some practice in with the firearms." I grab one of the binoculars. "I've got pretty good vision and reaction times, so maybe I can spot something." I continue to look at the supplies.

"We should probably load up the vehicles with medical supplies, water and food." I look at the vehicles. "Though there's 6 seats in the Humvee and two ATVs. Eight seats in total, unless someone wants to ride on the back of the ATVs..."

Then it hits me. What are we even trying to do here? So I ask.

"So, umm.. what are we trying to do here?" I ask, looking around the campsite.

Dreamyr said:
I look Askance at Alanek.

"Why exactly would the drivers specifically get the shirts? The Humvee driver certainly doesn't need it. The ATV drivers I can understand but this seems like a bulletproof undershirt than anything else..."

"Which doesn't exactly say anything fantastic about where we're. Then again all the guns ROB gave us should have given that away." I muse aloud.

"Either way I'm calling dibs on one." I say as I snag one of the strange shirts and head towards a tent to change into it and the desert gear, grabbing one of the 10x75mm semi auto rifle's on the way.

"After all, I'm pretty sure as the guy who had the knowledge of how to strip a gun in under 60 seconds and more ways to make a bomb than I'm comfortable with shoved into my head I'll likely be the one protecting your asses from whatever ROB throws at us."
"Humvee driver because that glass doesn't really look... bulletproof." I say. "But I don't mind at all if you want to be a main combatant."
KadeS said:
"So, umm.. what are we trying to do here?" I ask, looking around the campsite.
"Leave, I'd guess; We're in a desert with limited food and water. And given that I have future tech in my head, but not stark intelligence,(Damn) we're probably somewhen Sci-Fi. Plus, ya'know, the odd Humvee. So if we're in some Sci-Fi-ish universe, there is probably some way off the desert, even if the entire planet is covered in it. Either way, I hate dry sand, and I'm scared about what a ROB would give us guns of that size to use on...

"Either way, we probably aren't out here to suntan. Or sleep in this heat. Is anybody opposed to Packing up and leaving?"

I start packing a tent, unless somebody asks me not to.

Enigmatic Magus said:
My head turns to look at the speaker. Someone else with weapon skills? He's holding one of the two 10x75mm rifles, and sure enough he's got the barrel pointed down and away from anyone else or a vehicle, finger outside the trigger guard. Not that good discipline with a firearm is rare, but his stance indicates he's comfortable with the rifle; familiar even.

"Sounds like we both lucked out then," I offer up, shrugging my shoulder to make the rifle on my back shift. "If everyone else has skills about like ours, we're going to have our work cut out for us." On some bizarre desert planet, with a group of strangers, I'd like to know that everyone is armed and familiar with their weapons before going too far. After all, we wouldn't have them, if we didn't need them, right?
"Yea, well given the caliber of these things unless the locals use something absurd for armor we're either going to be dealing with armored vehicles or this planet's version of a Deathclaw. I'm honestly not sure which is worse. Name's Dreamyr by the way." I stop and cock my head having exited one of the tents with the last of its contents setting it on the ground as I readjust my belt where my knife and several spare magazines sit.

"It also doesn't fill me with confidence that I apparently know how to rewire a nuclear torpedo the size of a fucking speedboat into a remote detonated bomb. The things meant for taking out capital ships so where ever we are has space travel of some form." I say as I rummage through the large pile of stuff we've accumulated, filling my rucksack with more spare magazines, rations and water. Spotting the PDA I pick it up and wave it around.

"I don't spose any of you ended up with with a "future electronics skill" did you? This thing might give us an idea of where the hell we are and where to go from here that isn't more desert."

Back