Heirs Of The Dead Claims Thread

Group Name: The Everglades Republic
OTL Area: Florida
Estimated Population: 3.978 million (Approx. 20% of Florida's current population)
Summary: In the aftermath of the chaos wrought upon the general public by the plague, the entity once known as the Florida National Guard took charge of the situation and seized power when the Federal government was at its weakest. Abandoning the northern portions of Florida, they consolidated their power base (with the support of the state government) at Fort Lauderdale. The new government they established was one based upon the ideals of stratocracy, wherein to have any say in the technically democratic government, one had to have served in the military at some point. The former FNG headquarters of St. Augustine was turned into a bastion from which they could keep an eye on the northern border, essentially turning the small town into a full-blown military base.

With Florida secure, the government and the FNG took it upon themselves to create a new national identity, one that all in Florida could look to. They decided upon taking up the name of the famous Everglades, becoming the Everglades Republic, as well as adopting a new flag that was based on the old banner of the Spanish Empire (as they saw it to be fitting for the new nation). Shortly afterwards, in order to ensure the continued protection of the Everglades from threats, the government instituted mandatory military service, calling upon every able citizen to serve in the military for a period of at least a year after attaining the age of 21. While this move was initially unpopular, many soon realized its benefits, mainly the fact that by serving, you gained the right to vote.

Some time has passed since these events, and the Everglades Republic is steadily rebuilding from the chaos of the plague. While things aren't perfect, living in the Everglades is far better than trying to rough it out on your own.

Thanks! I just wrote something up because I was told that I should at least provide some back-story for my nation.

I like the backstory, but you need to place it post decapitation as before that, Florida was under the North America government. Other then that, it looks good. Make sure to get your almanac post up as well.

I like the backstory, but you need to place it post decapitation as before that, Florida was under the North America government. Other then that, it looks good. Make sure to get your almanac post up as well.

Gotcha. I'll make the appropriate changes and all, but I'll have to post it tomorrow, as I'm currently busy with some work.

Guys, I need all of you who have yet to post your almanac to do so. Once that is done, we can start the game. Can you all please try to get your almanacs in by Monday night so we can start Tuesday?

Back