"Heaven's Feel", an Exploration into the Third True Magic

[X]Yes, Retcon please. I want to see more servants

So was Abigail crammed into the Caster role, or was she summoned as a Foreigner?

[X]Yes, Retcon please. I want to see more servants

So was Abigail crammed into the Caster role, or was she summoned as a Foreigner?
Abby was summoned as... Well, you'll just have to find out, won't you?

(In hindsight, I should have done the vote without actually posting the chapter, like a Character Creation segment. I am fixing that, as of the next post)

Last edited:
Abby was summoned as... Well, you'll just have to find out, won't you?

Hmm...

Alex: "She's, uh... Caster, yes."
Abigail: "I'm a Foreigner!"
[Insert Character Here]: "Well obviously, we don't have a lot of blonde girls running around here."

Being serious though, if she took the place of Medea, then that means no Sasaki either. So only six other Servants, and Artoria/Archer/Hercules were already spared so... that leaves Lancer (Cu), Rider (Medusa), and True Assassin.

Then there's the question of Lancer's Master, given the multiple available options and how one is decidedly bad for us to keep around.

Since it's clearly obvious that people want me to retcon the OP, I shall. Expect the updated/new OP today!

i wonder what butterflies we have caused in the grail war.

and i guess a few questions, lol, likewhat abbies Witch Trail skill does, and weather we will see her 'ascent' forms

I can just imagine
i wonder what butterflies we have caused in the grail war.

and i guess a few questions, lol, likewhat abbies Witch Trail skill does, and weather we will see her 'ascent' forms
Obviously Abby can accuse someone of something and everyone around them will spiral into a paranoid state where they believe the accusation without evidence then start accusing each other of similar things.

Abigail: "Hentai!" *Points at Shirou*

*2 Days later everyone at the school think everyone else is a pervert.*

OP Mk.II
I died. It was pure and simple. I had simply stepped out onto the street, and then a truck ran the red light, pulverizing my body in but a moment. I was barely aware of anything other than the pain shooting through my body, though I managed to get one last, cohesive train of thought.

Heh, I mused, even as my consciousness faded, I guess my dreams weren't meant to be. Oh Lord, if you are listening, please let me be reborn in a body I do not hate. Please let my family's mourning be as painless as possible. And please, for the love you have for all of us, give me a second chance…

Then, everything went white, my soul passing from my mortal coil...

Then, I was awake, standing on the grounds of a Buddhist temple, gasping for breath as I awoke, a familiar summoning circle laid out before me. I was in an unfamiliar body, one that was not my own.

After taking a moment to get used to the new body, I immediately honed in on the summoning circle I had spotted earlier and gulped.

I almost immediately recognize the iconic circle, that of Fate/Stay Night's and the wider Nasuverse's servant summoning circle. As I made to back away from the circle, something called out to me,

You, Alex Lee, shall summon the Servant Caster. Do not disappoint me, for I am the one who has given you this second chance.

I started, the voice, filled with incomprehensible power assaulting my mind. It was impossible to comprehend. It was beyond anything I could comprehend.

"Who are you…" I asked, wonder filling my voice.

Who I am is of no consequence. Once more, I command you. Summon the Servant Caster. Your Catalyst has already been placed, and all you must do is summon the one who will do battle for you.

With trepidation filling my very soul, I began to chant, the aria filling my mind, a gift from my "patron" perhaps? It mattered not, especially since I was being forced to partake in the aptly named "Murder Death Kill."

"Silver and steel to the origin. My Soul and the archduke of contracts to the cornerstone.
The patron is Nyarlathotep.
The alighted wind becomes a wall. The gates in the four directions close, coming from the crown, the three-forked road that leads to the kingdom circulate.
Shut (fill).
Shut (fill).
Shut (fill).
Shut (fill).
Shut (fill).
Repeat every five times.
Simply, shatter once filled.
――――I announce.
Your self is under me, my fate (doom) is in your sword.
In accordance with the approach of the Holy Grail, if you abide by this feeling, this reason, then answer.
Here is my oath. I am the one who becomes all the good of the world of the dead, I am the one who lays out all the evil of the world of the dead.
You, seven heavens clad in three words of power, arrive from the ring of deterrence, O keeper of the balance ―――!"​

The light was blinding, and I could feel the power of the spirit being called forth, roiling off of the circle like waves. Then finally, the ritual completed, and before me stood Abigail Williams, who was looking rather confused, much to my surprise.
"Servant… Caster? True name, Abigail Williams. I have answered your call, master." the diminutive girl says softly, looking around. "I ask of you, are you my master?"

I stared. Honestly, the portion of the chant where Nyarlathotep's name had come up was still terrifying me, but, at Caster's question, I forcibly snapped myself out of it. Smiling at Caster, I nodded.

"Yes. I'm Alex Lee. Looking forward to working with you, Abigail Williams."
Abigail smiles, before her gaze turns serious. "Thank you master. I look forward to working with you as well." She pauses for a moment, before shrugging. "I also regret to inform you that I cannot assume spirit form, due to a technicality that you are no doubt aware of."

I make a confused noise, not connecting the dots.

"Because Nyarlathotep interfered with the summoning, and because I'm more Forigner than Caster. I still have my "Existence Outside the Domain" skill, though I do seem to have gained some skill with Witchcraft in exchange for my container being that of a Caster's." Abigail clarifies, "Also, technically, I'm not dead, seeing as I was studying with the man who saved me from Salem moments ago…"

Figured it out rather quickly, didn't you, keeper of the silver key. I see that you still have Yog-Sothoth locked away. A shame. I would love to see reality unmade. But alas, it is not to be. Not while you hold the key to all of reality, Abigail Williams.

"And the keeper of the gate will never be free, so long as I hold the Silver Key, Nyarlathotep." Abigail responds, "What is your purpose for summoning me here, and what did you do to my master?"

I did nothing to your precious master, beyond giving her the body she desired, on top of the second chance I granted her. Besides, I am bored, stuck in the Outer Realms. I desire entertainment. You two will provide. Nothing more is my goal, and nothing less.

"Forgive me if I don't believe you, Crawling Chaos." I respond, preempting Abigail. "You wouldn't give me a second chance for free. Nor would you anyone."

Nyarlathotep simply laughed, before his presence faded, gone with but a slight breeze.

"Well," Abigail stated, "What next, my master?"

It had been three days since I had summoned Abigail, and, well, the war was going decently well. Well enough that I had decided it was safe to buy Abigail something that she had been pestering me to for a while now, pancakes.
"Enjoying yourself, Abigail?" I asked, a grin on my face. It was refreshing to see her acting like someone her age should, without a care in the world, and not like the emotionless killing machine she seemed to be able to turn herself into when needed. I still had nightmares of Lancer's brutal death at her hands, Ireland's Hero of Light having severely underestimated Abigail's toolkit, and the Lancer had not pulled out his Noble Phantasm till it was far too late. I shuddered, putting the terrifying scene out of my mind, once more turning my attention to Abby.

"Mhm!" She replied, pausing only briefly to answer me before digging into her pancakes again, a giant smile on her face. She had, after all, gotten her favorite, san the mash potatoes, something that she had pouted at me briefly for. I had simply smiled, patting her and saying that, should we survive this war, I'd take her to a Bob Evans.

Suddenly, the mood turned serious,

Alex, two servants approaching us. Looks like their masters are here as well.

Damnation! They… Hopefully, they're simply here to talk. I don't want Fuyuki to get nuked by the Magus Association.

Agreed. I'm going to keep enjoying my food now, but I'll be watching.

"Lee-san, can we talk?" My enemies in this war, one Shirou Emiya said seriously, Altria Pendragon standing by his side. She was looking rather serious, and also, rather contemplative. Shirou must have talked to her about her wish.

"Not here. Not while I'm simply enjoying my food with Abigail." I respond crisply, not wanting to have the conversation that would inevitably follow.

"We can wait, Lee-san. I have all the time in the world today." Shirou responds, his posture rather relaxed. I guess it would be, especially since I had done all that I could to present myself as an ally, and someone who was genuinely a good person. It also helped that I had already shared my wish with him, and had confided in him that the Grail had been purified, and the Fuyuki Fire wouldn't happen again. Something I spoke the truth about. Apparently, an evil not of this reality countered all the evils of man. Angra Maiyu had died screaming profanities at Abigail, the curse upon the grail gone at long last. Regardless, I nodded at the Emiya scion, content with the knowledge that both he and his servant were too honorable to actually attack me.

Abby finished her pancakes, and I followed Shirou towards his home, utterly relaxed in his presence. While normally, I wouldn't actually be this relaxed, Shirou had yet to make a threatening move towards me, and Altria had simply been following us, keeping a sharp lookout for any other servant, something that Abigail had been doing as well.

"What's all of this about, Emiya-san," I asked, not even turning to look at the Emiya Scion.

"Kotomine-san has called for both you and your servant's death, and is willing to provide a command seal to the party that kills you." Shirou said seriously, "Saber and I disagreed. Both you and Caster haven't done anything that we know of to do this, and I know for a fact that it isn't you draining people of Mana, like Kotomine is saying."

That fucking Fake bastard! I seethed internally, He must have seen Abigail's Noble Phantasm, and deduced what it was. He's terrified of her…

My rage must have been visible to Altria, because she immediately piped in,

"I disapprove of the supervisor's choice, and am in agreement with Shirou. We will defend you until he dies, or the other masters stop making an attempt. Both my honor as a knight, and my master's desire demand it."

"Thank you, Saber," Abigail chimed in, "I appreciate it."

"You are most welcome Caster. Though we may still remain enemies, in the end, I hope we can get along while we are allied."

I stood over the unconscious body of Rin Tohsaka, breathing hard as I grimaced and held my wounded side. The Tohsaka heiress had fought hard, but, thanks to Shirou's timely intervention, I had managed to knock her out, finally beating her with my Patron, Nyarlathotep's power. It felt disgusting. It felt absolutely horribly drawing upon that cursed power, that cursed divinity. But, once more, with my survival at stake, I had had no choice but to do so.

"Master! Are… You had to draw upon Nyarlathotep's power again, didn't you." Abigail cried, the girl heavily wounded from her fight with Archer, who, the bastard, was still alive, fighting Shirou in the barren landscape surrounding us, the scene from the Unlimited Bladworks Anime playing out around me with many key differences. Rin was against us. Illya, Heracles, and Saber stalled for time against an incensed Gilgamesh, while Shirou, myself, and Abigail fought the Counterforce Empowered Archer, desperately trying to keep our dreams alive.

"YOUR IDEALS ARE FOR NAUGHT!" Archer growled, incensed at Shirou persistence, "You defend an agent of an OUTER GOD! Who are you to dare call yourself a hero?!"

"You're right." Shirou said simply, "I do defend her. Because she isn't what you claim she is. She and Abigail hold Nyarlathotep and Yog-Sothoth back. Abigail herself is a heroic spirit that earned her place on the throne for her acts of defiance against the Old Ones, and Alex has yet to give in to her "Patron", even after tasting her power three times. You, Archer. I deny you. You are not the future I am destined for. You're simply a bitter old man, one who has long since forgotten what his path looks like. Yet, you dare to call me out for simply acting as a Hero of Justice should, defending and saving those standing in front of me. To paraphrase a certain someone, from my perspective, you are the evil ones, not her. Not when all she wants to do is enjoy the second life she was blessed with. Not when her dream is simply to be a mother. Not when her wish is simply to help as many as she can."

Archer simply blitzed Shirou Emiya, growling at him as they clashed blades, their ideals pitted against one another.

I watched, helpless, unable to do anything as Archer rapidly pushed Shirou back, his duty to the counterforce preventing him from actually making this a battle of ideals, and rather, a battle between a simple human and a force of nature.

I had to do something

I had to stop Archer

I had to save Shirou, someone who deserved to live far more than I did

"By this command seal I order you," I called, ignoring the doubt within myself, ignoring my desire for the grail. "Unleash your Noble Phantasm with all your might!"

"With PLEASURE!" She yelled, beginning her chant,

"Ygnaiih… Ygnaiih… thflthkh'ngha!"

Archer grimaced, sending a barrage of swords at Abigail, desperately trying to finish the servant off.

"My body is made of blades, Rho Aias!" Shirou, at the last moment, intervenes, the Shield of Aias blocking several swords before shattering.

"Within my hand I hold the Silver Key, Come forth from Nothingness, to open the lock…"

Archer grunted, manifesting Kanshou and Byakuya, Shirou meeting his charge with Caliburn in his hand.

"My Father in Heaven. I will become the Incarnation of its Essence,"

Shirou was sent flying back, and I interposed my battered body in front of Archer, desperate to buy even a second of time, drawing deep upon Nyarlathotep's power, I sent a wave of corrosion at Archer, forcing him to manifest Rho Aias once more.

"Moving beyond the sleep of roses, arriving at the Gate of Dreams!"

I screamed in pain as Archer ran me through, the Counter Guardian not even pausing as he ripped Byakuya out of me, and I collapsed upon the floor of Unlimited Blade Works,

"Qliphoth Rhizome!"

It was over, at last. Gilgamesh was dead, defeated by the combination of Saber and Heracles. Archer had died, destroyed by Abigail's Noble Phantasm. Rider had perished earlier in the war, and the less said about True Assassin, the better.

"Is it… Is it finally over?" Illya asked, grimacing in pain. Shirou immediately made his way to her side, ignoring the unconscious Rin, someone I would almost certainly need to deal with later. She knew too much, and had far too much potential to get me killed.

"Yeah. It's over Illya." Shirou comforted, desperately attempting to keep his tears in as his older sister began to expire within his arms. "Alex. You're the winner of this war, I think. Go on, make your wish. Illya and I won't object to it. You wouldn't wish for something that I would have to destroy."

I nodded, holding the dying body of my servant in my arms, and making my way towards the greater grail.

"We did it…" Abigail whispered, a smile dancing across her face.

"Yeah. Do you have any objections to me making the path to the []?" I asked.

"No. I… I'm probably done for anyways. I'll continue to keep the gate closed, so don't you dare fall to Nyarlathotep's temptations, okay?"

I didn't answer, already making my way towards the grail, Abigail held within my arms.

"Justeaze. I… I wish for the Third True Magic." I stated, "I hereby swear to you: I shall use it as you dreamed to, to make the world a better place for humanity. I shall never fall to my patron, Nyarlathotep's temptations. I shall never forget the debt I owe to humanity." I called out, the greater grail seemingly glowing in response. It seemed… Well. If I had to put an emotion upon it, it would be relieved, I guess.

Then. Well. I comprehended the meaning of "Materialization of the Soul." I inherited the Third Magic from it's last known user, Justeaze von Einzbern, ending the ritual that was the Holy Grail War. Immediately, I turned my attention to Illya and Abigail, stabilizing the existence that I held within my arms, ensuring it would not die. In fact, I ensured the Keeper of the Gate would never die, Materializing her soul in a manner that ensured her timelessness. Her soul would forevermore generate energy for itself. She would never age, only changing in mind, not body. Making my way to Illya, I did the same for her, ensuring that the Homunculus would not die via the same method.

"Thank you for saving her," Shirou said simply, smiling at me. I nodded. No words were needed between us. We, after all, in the end, simply desired to save people. If I had to become to Third to save her and Abby, I would, as I already had.

And so, the 5th Fuyuki Grail War concluded, with the winner attaining a Sorcery. Rin Tohsaka, having witnessed the entire event, would flee to the Clock Tower, setting in motion the events that would follow for years to come…

Scenarios to Choose From:

[] Most Wanted Woman on Earth (Medium Difficulty)
[] Students of the Tower (Easy Difficulty)
[] Keeper of the Gate (Hard Difficulty)
[] Return of the Gods (Lunatic Difficulty)

Following this vote, there will be another vote detailing the specifics of each vote.

There is a 5 Hour Moratorium on voting unless enough discussion is happening that I dismiss it. Discuss the possibilities amongst yourself, and see which one you want to vote for.

Last edited:
can we get an explination fo how some of abbies skills and NP work in plain english instead of nasuspeak to aid in future planning?

can we get an explination fo how some of abbies skills and NP work in plain english instead of nasuspeak to aid in future planning?
Yes. r/grandorder - Abigail Williams' Servant Profile from FGO material VI [SPOILERS]
That is Abby's servant mats. If you can figure stuff out from there, I will clarify on my interpretation. Otherwise, Abby's skills and abilities aren't really your concern. It's absolutely mine. Remember that you guys are the Dungeon Master in this Quest, not me.

can someone create an option to deal with the situation of Sakura and Zouken, I kinda can't at the moment.

huh, the phrasing of the stuff there def helps me understand it, witch trail basically turns someone into a scapegoat, now it makes sense.

so from what i see,

Most Wanted Woman on Earth is basically you, abby and any buddies you pick up along the way on the run from the clocktower
Students of the Tower is probably them deciding a True Magic user joining their folds is enough to... overlook some of your other actions
Keeper of the Gate is a bit harder to understand, i think its mostly trying to keep other outer gods from getting out, i think?
Return of the Gods is probably the outer gots actualyl getting free and having to seal them back away, or something.

at least thats my guesses at each difficulty judging by their names

There is a 5 Hour Moratorium on voting unless enough discussion is happening that I dismiss it. Discuss the possibilities amongst yourself, and see which one you want to vote for.
Please do not vote. Until the five hours are up. Discussion makes the QM happy. I did say a 5 hour moratorium on voting for a reason.

Since no one seems interested in discussing stuff, go ahead and vote.

i was hoping for some discussion here, lol, poor miho.

[X] Keeper of the Gate (Hard Difficulty)

one does not simply get involved in the eldritch then walk away.

[X] Most Wanted Woman on Earth (Medium Difficulty)

Edit: Channged vote.

Last edited:
Back