Harry Potter and the Q.U.E.E.N

Looks like Harry's Mom gets to meet a few new faces, and oh dear if Mr. Sorting Hat was there too.

And I like this take on Daphne and the High Society nobs of the Wizarding World. Good luck to Harry avoiding having to deal with that or getting Daphne to not stick around, out of curiosity if nothing else, after this experiance I'm thinking.

Oh well done, I really liked the interaction with Daph and co, and that's probably the most realistic handling of the train attack yet.
Thank you, I'm trying not to treat the adults as part of the furniture, and have them actually be proactive.
With the attack, again, thank you. I wanted to show how Harry wasn't the only person with real problems in their past, but at the same time show that Harry is trying to protect people, but currently lacks the tools and training to do it properly.
Looks like Harry's Mom gets to meet a few new faces, and oh dear if Mr. Sorting Hat was there too.

And I like this take on Daphne and the High Society nobs of the Wizarding World. Good luck to Harry avoiding having to deal with that or getting Daphne to not stick around, out of curiosity if nothing else, after this experiance I'm thinking.
If you read many of my stories, Daphne tends to turn up a lot, as she's one of my favourite blank slate characters. And yes, meeting Godric Gryffindor is going to be a major factor in having Daphne cross house lines.

Actually with a technicality...Harriet is also Heiress Black, defacto heiress to the Noble and Most Ancient House of Black...one of the Sacret Twenty-Eight. She is the Godchild of Sirius...the same Sirius that is very much a wanted criminal at this time and has no living trueborn heirs. The Blacks were and kinda are a very powerful and wealthy House. Daphne better check herself, before she wrecks herself...how known was the whole thing about Harry being Sirius´ Godchild? Not to mention her inhereting the Black estate and combining it with the Potter one would make her a hell of a power in the Wizengamot, one even the Greengrass would most likely want to suck up to.

Last edited:
Actually with a technicality...Harriet is also Heiress Black, defacto heiress to the Noble and Most Ancient House of Black...one of the Sacret Twenty-Eight. She is the Godchild of Sirius...the same Sirius that is very much a wanted criminal at this time and has no living trueborn heirs. The Blacks were and kinda are a very powerful and wealthy House. Daphne better check herself, before she wrecks herself...how known was the whole thing about Harry being Sirius´ Godchild? Not to mention her inhereting the Black estate and combining it with the Potter one would make her a hell of a power in the Wizengamot, one even the Greengrass would most likely want to suck up to.
With all due respect, it's not Harriet, it's Harry, and that's not changing.

Also, given that the Head of House Black only died in 1986, well after Sirius was incarcerated, why would anyone know any of the inheritance stuff? Least of all Sirius, who is the one who would need to declare it, and make it official.

With all due respect, it's not Harriet, it's Harry, and that's not changing.

Also, given that the Head of House Black only died in 1986, well after Sirius was incarcerated, why would anyone know any of the inheritance stuff? Least of all Sirius, who is the one who would need to declare it, and make it official.
Fair, I just mean that there is most likely a lot of Black assets still in the air on who owns them. Like there is Draco being Ciss´ Son and having a fair claim. Like the Lestrange Vault was very impressive and their family is in a similar limbo situation as the Blacks(with Bella being the only member left and being incarcerated), I would guess somebody would at least look who has the right to all of those assets.

On the topic of the name...well it has been made her name legally and I thought it was ok to use, but I stand corrected and will use Harry from now on.

PS: I guess I did make a mistake. I do not recall when Sirius named Harry as his heir in his will. I think it was when he was made Godfather, but most likely am in error.

Last edited:
PS: I guess I did make a mistake. I do not recall when Sirius named Harry as his heir in his will. I think it was when he was made Godfather, but most likely am in error.
Even if his will said that he left everything to Harry. The fact is that the wizarding world believes that he was justly incarcerated, and thus never became Lord Black. So why would they assume that Harry could become the Heir Black?
On the topic of the name...well it has been made her name legally and I thought it was ok to use, but I stand corrected and will use Harry from now on.
It's what Harry's used to, and she hasn't changed the way she thinks about herself. It's like calling someone that introduces themselves as Andy, Andrew because that's what their driving licence says. If anyone had bothered consulting her, she wouldn't have changed her name.

Also, I'm glad that you're enjoying the story enough to comment, thank you for that it's made my day.

So why would they assume that Harry could become the Heir Black?
My guess? Noble Powerplays? It would be fairly likely they could influence the impressionable Child and more or less gain control over the Black estate through him and then maybe get one of their own Children in via marriage. Also it would deny the Malfoy´s any right to the fortune through Cissa and Draco. The Malfoys do not have a shortage of enemies among the Light-affiliated Families.

My guess? Noble Powerplays? It would be fairly likely they could influence the impressionable Child and more or less gain control over the Black estate through him and then maybe get one of their own Children in via marriage. Also it would deny the Malfoy´s any right to the fortune through Cissa and Draco. The Malfoys do not have a shortage of enemies among the Light-affiliated Families.
We'll have to see what happens then.

Back