Created at
Index progress
Ongoing
Watchers
Recent readers

Welcome to yet another CK2 Dwarf Quest, because we could never have enough, in which you are tasked to guide your clan, to rebuild you Hold and to stand against any foe; and don't sleep easy, the enemy is always lurking around ready to attack you.
Introduction
For Clan and Kin

Welcome to yet another CK2 Dwarf Quest, because we could never have enough, in which you are tasked to guide your clan, to rebuild you Hold and to stand against any foe; and don't sleep easy, the enemy is always lurking around ready to attack you.

Your eyes have never seen something like that, a divine view, a peak of black stone stands out tall amongst the mountains; obscuring with its shade a great valley covered by a thingaz of pines, and at its center a lake of pure water of silver like colour. Truly this place must be blessed by Valaya, for only Her could make life sprout in such way. With the location of the valley and the peak inscribed into your mind you start your march down the slopes and onto the low hills until you reach the clan momentary dwellings. Once there you decide to convocate the Elder and Longbeards to give them the good news "The rangers where right, I found the valley they spoke about, it's seems a good location for the founding of our new Kazad" at your words they grumble about finally having stone over their heads and how the sun as already started to affect the youngling. That night the clan rejoice and feast at the good news and, at the break of dawn, they start the march towards the peak; and once there, they quickly start to establish an encampment, while you once more reunite whit the Elder in order to decide which road to take to assure the best for the Hold.

Your former Hold has fallen in the hands of the enemy and while you have sworn an oath to recapture it, it will take time before you can amass the wealth and the throng necessary for such venture, and so for the time being you must rebuilt your forces and gather allies for the day of reckoning, but be careful not to rush towards the enemy, it will take decades or even century before you are ready for such endeavour. The death of your father left you as the Thane of the clan and while trained, you are not yet ready for such burden but you cannot fail, thanks to the Ancestor you are guided by the last Elder of your clan and by the Longbeards; or you will be as soon as you are capable to understand what they mean with their grumblings.

For the stat I am partially inspired by Mad0Slayer which means that your stats cannot be above 25 and cannot be below 5 without considering active and passive buff and malus

Traits can raise or lower the stats and be careful because trait can be evolved by rolls, decision and by omake

Finally the first omake gives a +10 to the rolls while the second and third gives a +5

You are (insert Thane name) Thane of the Clan (insert Clan name) of ( insert Hold name) but before being a Thane you have spent your years as a:

.Warrior: You are a proud member of the throng and the way of the az and shield are what you know best. +5 to military rolls. Weapons proficiency Az and shield 15, Crossbow 10

.Diplomat: Despite knowing your ways around weapons you always prefer to speak before striking. +5 to diplomatic rolls. Weapons proficiency Az 10

.Mason: You are what build the Karaz Ankor and as such you have a keen mind and strong arms. +5 to stewardship rolls. Weapons proficiency Hammer 10

.Ranger: You spent your time outside the hold under the cruel sun warning your kin of approaching foes. +5 to intrigue rolls. Weapons proficiency Crossbow 15, Az 10

.Engineer: You make the wonder that make the Karaz Ankor into the greatest realm of Mallus. +5 to learning rolls. Weapons proficiency Crossbow 20

.Priest: Grugni,Grimnir, Valaya watch over us and give us the strength to cast down your enemy. +5 to piety rolls. Weapons proficiency Az 10

After a long night spent trying to decipher the Longebeards rumblings you turn to the elder in search of his opinion, and so speak:

Burloth Stonebrow: a renown warrior and leader of the throng, his feat are sung at every fest and the list of champion felled by him is longer than his beard. +1 military action. 18 Martial. 20 Az and shield

Hadra Fairplaits: a Kvinn whit white hair, she has always been the voice of reason within the clan, also she produce a fine ale if you say so. +1 diplomatic action. 15 Diplomacy. 15 Az

Snorri Goldenhand: a one armed Dawi that has travelled across the Karaz Ankor in search of fortune, he knows every ways of making money there is in the world. +1 stewardship action. 17 Stewardship. 10 Hammer

Ragni True-Eyes: this old ranger is not a member of your clan but you always remember him being and advisor of your father, he used to give you piece of stone bread. +1 intrigue action. 15 Intrigue. 16 Crossbow 12 Az

Yorri "The Mad": the last Rune Smith of your clan, he seem touched but in what way you are not sure, he has an obsession with slapping people with troll's tongue. +1 learning action. 20 learning. 10 Crossbow

Elga Grobi-Nutter: a priestess of Valaya who seems to keen on going to battle, she says it because she found easier to heal the wazzock so stupid to be wounded so easily, but you think otherwise. +1 piety action. 15 Piety. 20 Az

And so the Elder speak " cease your babbling and listen well : yes our thane is young and untrained for this, but he has found us a good place where to rebuild our clan and with the death of his father and elder brothers there is no one of the royal line left alive to guide us so I repeat, cease and listen to what he has to say" within the tent fell a miraculous silence as you rallied your thought about what to say in order to obtain their support. "you say that I am to young, to inexperienced to lead the clan; and you are right but I'm also a Dawi, a son on Grugni, I'm made of stone and as stone I will stand between our Kin and our enemy so I ask you to grant me your expertise and experience so that our clan may thrive in this difficult times; and remember for as young as I may be, I am also:

Traits Point 3

Warrior I : the martial minimum stats is raised to 10

Warrior II : the martial minimum stats is raised to 15 (Needs Warrior I)

Diplomat I : the diplomacy minimum stats is raised to 10

Diplomat II : the diplomacy minimum stats is raised to 15 (Needs Diplomat I)

Mason I : the stewardship minimum stat is raised to 10

Mason II : the stewardship minimum stat is raised to 15 Needs Mason I)

Ranger I : the intrigue minimum stat is raised to 10

Ranger II : the intrigue minimum stat is raised to 15 (Needs Ranger I)

Engineer I : the learning minimum stat is raised to 10

Engineer II : the learning minimum stat is raised to 15 (Needs Engineer I)

Priest I: the piety minimum stat is raised to 10

Priest II: the piety minimum stat is raised to 15 (Needs Priest I)

Architect : -10 % cost of project

Troll-Slayer : raise chosen weapon proficiency by 5 (Az,Hammer..)

Greedy : increase income by 10 %

Brave : +5 morale rolls

Grey Beard : +5 to all stats (Need every Trait Points)

Apprentice Rune Smith : what also there is to says (Need every Trait Points)

Clan Trait Choose one

Metalsmith : Easier production of steel and maybe eventually Gromil

Miner: Easier to find precious veins in the mountains

Merchant: 10 % income from trade

Farmer: 10 % income from farms

Warrior: Your clan start whit a bigger Throng

Slayer: You have more Slayer than usual for a Dawi throng

Blood of Thungni: Easier to recruit Rune Smith

Blood of Morgrim: Easier to recruit Engineer

"At least do you know where are we, do you? or the sun already touched you ?" Asked one of the Longbeards in a mocking tone "Of course I know, I will recognise that kind of stone everywhere, we are in the ......"

Black Mountains: Close to the Southern Empire and the Border Princes

Gray Mountains: Nestled between fair Bretonnia and the industrious Western Empire

The Vaults: Raising high above Tilea and Estalia

Finally the Elder ask "Are we going to keep our tradition or are we to become some kind of radicals adapting as we go ?"

Traditionalist: Easier access to Runes and Rune Smith, some Hold will like you more

Radical: Easier access to gunpowder, some Hold will like you more

I confess I don' get the popularity of dwarf quests at least compared to other factions.

[x] Plan Rise of the Dawi
-[x] You are Morgrim Thane of Clan Firelocks, originally of Karak Brynduraz (Gunbad), but before being a Thane you have spent your years as a:
--[x] Warrior: You are a proud member of the throng and the way of the az and shield are what you know best. +5 to military rolls. Weapons proficiency Az and shield 15, Crossbow 10

--[x] After a long night spent trying to decipher the Longebeards rumblings you turn to the elder in search of his opinion, and so speak:
---[x] Yorri "The Mad": the last Rune Smith of your clan, he seem touched but in what way you are not sure, he has an obsession with slapping people with troll's tongue. +1 learning action. 20 learning. 10 Crossbow

--[x]Traits
---[x] Apprentice Rune Smith : what also there is to says (Need every Trait Points)

--[x] Clan Trait
Metalsmith : Easier production of steel and maybe eventually Gromil
--[x] location:
---[x] Black Mountains: Close to the Southern Empire and the Border Princes
--[x] Traditionalist: Easier access to Runes and Rune Smith, some Hold will like you more

Looks like a decent start, I hope this quest kicks off for you.

Last edited:
Turn 1
Turn 1

While the camp came back to life after a night of feasting, and Yorri grumble how in is days the dawi know how to really drink, you find yourself in your tent looking at the map of the valley that your ranger have provided you with. It is clear that the valley is a good place for founding your Kazad but you must decide where exactly found the hold, yes it is true that in time the whole will be a Karak but the location where you will start will be dictating how to expand so after a good hour of pondering you decide to order the foundation of the hold on to

. The top of the peak: High among the cloud this location offer the best defence possible but also the small space for development of the hold ant it will take a long time to reach the fertile valley below

. The base of the mountain: locating the hold down at the bottom of the peak offers easy access to the forest and the lake but the defence of the hold will be reduced to what you can built

Whit the location of the hold decided you now have to choose where your priority will be; after all while every aspect of the founding is important there is something that must take precedence over the others

Choose one category that category gains a +1 action till the end of Turn 5

.Martial

.Diplomacy

.Stewardship

.Intrigue

.Learning

.Piety

While thinking on your priority you finally decide to leave your tent and to walk around the camp but you can't make ten feet that a troll's tongue slap the back of your head and Yorri start screaming in your ears " Even an Umgi could have eared me coming!, are you going def you little Wazzock?" with your ears still ringing you answer that no, you were not going def and that you were thinking on what to do; so Yorri, after having taken a few calming breaths, decide to left you to your duty while grumbling on how a Dawi always know what to do.

Gold 1000 pieces

Food 10 Units (- 2 for turn)

Throng 500 warriors 500 quarrellers 100 longbeards 100 rangers

Martial pick 1

• Train a new regiment: a hundred dawi well armed and covered in steel to reinforce your throng. 100 Gold 2 turns (warrior and quarrellers)
  • Find an advisor: for all your experience as a warrior you will need someone to lead the throng in your absence. D100 for quality 1 turn
  • Build a training field: your warrior will need a proper place where to train and sharpen their skill. 500 gold 2 turns
  • Build a palisade: the basic form of defence but you must start somewhere. 2 turns
Diplomacy pick 1

• Locked until you build your hold
Stewardship pick 1

• Excavate the Entrance Hall: the start of every hold, you must carve the great door out of the mountain and build an hall capable of inspiring both awe and fear. 1000 gold 3 turns
  • Excavate a mine: DIGGY DIGGY HOLE I'M A DWARF AND I'M DIGGING A HOLE. D100 for quality 1 turn (produce income depending by the quality)
  • Start farming: the reserve of food that the clan has will not last forever so you will have to start farming, assuming that you find enough wazzock to work in the field. 200 Gold 1 turn (produce 1 food and 1 ale grain for turn)
  • Find an advisor: you have no head for number, at least not as much as the longbeards want, so you must find some to help you D100 for quality 1 turn
Intrigue pick 1

• Map the surrounding valleys: discover hidden path for your valley and eventual enemy lairs. D100 for difficulty
  • Go hunting: while not a stable source of food your ranger can still find something to eat while wandering around. D100 for quality
  • Build a training camp: deep into the wild, your rangers accept those who want to follow them. 500 Gold 3 turns
  • Choose an advisor: you will need some capable of scouting and spying for you. D100 for quality 1 turn
Learning pick 2

• Recover documents from the clan archive: find useful blueprint or information from your ancestors diaries
  • Tinkering: leave Yorri alone to think of something useful, or not only the Ancestors know what is in his mind

Piety

Locked until the Hold is built

Personal pick 1

• Improve your skill: choose one skill to raise D100
  • Martial 12 0/500 progression
  • Diplomacy 17 0/1000 progression
  • Stewardship 17 0/1000 progression
  • Intrigue 13 0/500 progression
  • Learning 18 0/1000 progression
  • Piety 18 0/1000 progression

• Train whit your weapons: sharpen your skill whit an az D100
  • Az 15 0/1000
  • Crossbow 10 0/500
  • Hammer 0 0/100

• Assist: offer your expertise in one field gain an extra action in that field

[X] The top of the peak: High among the cloud this location offer the best defence possible but also the small space for development of the hold ant it will take a long time to reach the fertile valley below

Defense. In. Distance.
Also, having just been driven out of of one hold, we have an even stronger incentive then normal dawii to focus on defense.

Choose one category that category gains a +1 action till the end of Turn 5
[X} Stewardship
this gives us buildings, wealth & dawi. all other things are created used these resources. thus, this should be priority right now.

[X] plan: I advise you to start carefully
- Martial pick 1
-- [X]Find an advisor: for all your experience as a warrior you will need someone to lead the throng in your absence. D100 for quality 1 turn
-Stewardship pick 1 2
-- [X] Excavate the Entrance Hall: the start of every hold, you must carve the great door out of the mountain and build an hall capable of inspiring both awe and fear. 1000 gold 3 turns
-- [X] Find an advisor: you have no head for number, at least not as much as the longbeards want, so you must find some to help you D100 for quality 1 turn
- intrigue pick 1
-- [X] Map the surrounding valleys: discover hidden path for your valley and eventual enemy lairs. D100 for difficulty
- Learning pick 2
--[X] Recover documents from the clan archive: find useful blueprint or information from your ancestors diaries
--[X] Tinkering: leave Yorri alone to think of something useful, or not only the Ancestors know what is in his mind
- Personal pick 1
--[X] Improve your skill: choose one skill to raise D100 Stewardship

general idea:
- get advisors
- work further on stewardship
- having an entrace is both a defense & a shelter, start workin on that right away.
- if the 'extra option' on stewardship is not immediatly available, replace personal action learning with extra action, so we build the damm hall.
- find out if there are any threats immediatly nearby.

small corrections:
Train whit your weapons: sharpen your skill whit
train with, sharpen skill with
otherwise, promising start

Last edited:
Back