Created at
Index progress
Ongoing
Watchers
Recent readers

You are Lucina, the crown princess of the Halidom of Ylisse and the last hope for a mankind...
Post 1: Lucina's Chance
You are Lucina, the crown princess of the Halidom of Ylisse and the last hope for a mankind whose days were numbered by a eldritch dragon who murdered your father, the Exalt of Ylisse, while you were an infant.

For as long as you can remember, you lead the remnants of all mankind, both from Ylisse and your foreign allies, against Grima and his seemingly-endless Risen army. But the few precious victories became even fewer and your army of resistance became even smaller. Eventually, the Risen breached the walls of your last fortress and slaughtered many of your forces. Even though your men managed to repel the attack, it is evident that you need a miracle in order to have any chance of victory over Grima.
That was a week ago.

And a miracle you have gotten. Your goddess, Naga, have came up with a plan. With her vast power, she will lead you though an Outrealm Gate. From there, she will guide you and what's left of your companions and forces through time and space to a Ylisse where the chain of disasters that lead to your dark future did not happen yet. Hopefully, with your strength and wit, you would prevent Grima from arising at all and save all of mankind from extinction.

If only the fates were not so cruel and fickle. As you near the end of your trip through the time stream, you noticed that the opening that you were supposed to enter through has started to shake and quiver. It is as if something is interfering with your travel. However, before you can fully understand what is happening, the opening suddenly closed up and there was an explosion of color emitting from where the opening was. Fear and panic barely start to register as the color explosion engulfed you. Then, everything turned black as you lost consciousness...

By the way, what was the color of that explosion?

[] Pink
[] Purple
[] Blue
[] Yellow
[] Red
[] White
[] Grey
[] Black
[] Green

And how intense was the explosion?

[] Bright Normal
[] Potent Hard
[] Blinding Lunatic
[] Agonizing Infernal
[] All-Consuming Grima

Introduction
Welcome to the reboot of my first quest! I decided that I should reboot it since it has serious problems and I had, unfortunately, lost most of the plot points and notes in the mean time from my head. I hope that the second time will be much better.

First of all, the rules are as follows:

The goal of the quest is to get poor Lucina to defeat Grima in any way possible. The quest will end if she succeeds in doing so or fails though any reason.
Standard SV posting policy applies here. Hopefully people are intellegent enough to get this.
No spamming nor griefing.
Write-ins are allowed, but derailing is not allowed.
While there is an overall plot to the quest, I will not try rail-road you guys (after all, why try to tie down the wild spirit of SV?). This means that your choices do matter in the quest.
Characters will die for good if they die, except for a few very specific circumstances. Details will be revealed as time goes on.
My word is the final law on gameplay mechanics and other details in this quest.
Do not assume that 1 is always an automatic failure, nor that 100 is an automatic success...
I will announce when voting is closed.

So I both didn't participate in the first quest nor read it- it was far too long by the time I discovered this forum- so this'll be a fresh new ride for me! I like blue and Hard should be adequate- I dislike getting crazy with difficulties.

[X] Blue
[X] Potent

[X] Green
[X] Bright

I want to try somethign different. And we'll probably care more for story than difficulty in fights.

[X] Green
[X] Bright

Oh, a reboot of that one! I liked it, but i lost interest under the allconsuming mechanics.

[X] Purple
[X] Blinding

This has nothing to do with my current lunatic run, no sir!

(also, this quest reminds me that I really should get back on mine...)

[X] Green
[X] Bright

I want to try somethign different. And we'll probably care more for story than difficulty in fights.

I will try to make the story quite a bit better than the last time. Fewer stupidity and nonsensical side plots and hopefully everyone in character while having them to grow. And the fights will be shorter. Fewer enemies and less complicated mechanics, nothing more than what you might find in Awakening, while saving bigger fights at key points of quest, probably at end of week.

[X] Green
[X] Bright

Oh, a reboot of that one! I liked it, but i lost interest under the allconsuming mechanics.

Which mechanics did you object to, may I ask?

[X] Green
[X] Bright

So the explosion decide the difficulty and mechanics of the quest?

Mechanics of battle will most likely be the same regardless of difficulty. The difficulty determines how tough the opponents are, how difficult it is to get supplies, how
difficult
it will be to gain allies and Einherjar, how cooperative are the characters around Lucina, and other factors affecting the quest.

Hopefully, dnz, this will last longer than that attempted reboot for that star fox quest...

What killed that quest are the battle mechanics, turns out that trying to manually type out each individual action is too much for me if there are at least dozen actions going on at the same time. I am making sure that does not happen here as much. The large scale battles will be quite rare.

Also, a question for the general audience: I am thinking of hosting the spreadsheets containing the character sheets on Google drive and then linking them here. It will be easier to make sure the data keeps up to date and I am sure that it will be neater than say using snippets of the sheets. How does that sound?

Not a huge fan of option Green, but I can accept wanting something a tad unorthodox. And regular difficulty is fine be fine- rather be relatively easy and story focused than too hard. Also character sheet plan sounds fine by me.

[X] Purple
[X] Bright

What I found out recently is that, while it's nowhere near pretty, an excel sheet with sizes modified to have squares will function WAY easier for fast changes.
You know, I wasn't planning to use spreadsheets for battle maps, but you brought up a good idea.

Anyone else thinks it is a good idea?

[X] Black
[X] Bright
Probably not gonna win but hey I just wanna vote for it

Back