Fate/Duel of the Fates - Star Wars Holy Grail War (OOC and Discussion Thread)

Teleporting Archer gives no damns about you're silly FTL star ships. He's gonna stick you with an Arrow no matter what bullshit you pull.

Hahahahahahaha

Oh your funny
Well, I am the one who had the gall to ask if a living, sapient, talking PLANET with the ability to build biotech starfighters (which completely outclass post-episode 6 starfighters) is a valid Master :V

Edit:
Just realized I forgot to mention something else ridiculous about it. The core of the planet got replaced with a giant hyperdrive engine, which means that the planet itself can actually move wherever the hell it wants.

Last edited:
Bah Humbug.

Wait until you see my Master Abeloth.
Oh nice! Totally forgot about her, but I bet she's invalid for the same reason that Zonama Sekot got denied.

There's so many absurdly OP beings alive in the Star Wars universe at any given time. Even Thrawn is pretty ridiculous, what with his EX rank Military Tactics skill.

Just make sure your EXs are actually reasonable and supported, don't just throw them on.
Considering that this completely mundane guy singlehandedly turned the tide of a war with his brilliant tactics, regularly outplayed Force users, and the mere thought of him coming back from the grave terrified the entire galaxy. Also, of the 12 people appointed to the rank of Grand Admiral by Emperor Palpatine, he was the only non-human. Palpatine was super racist against non-humans. He could predict the outcomes of future battles even better than Palpatine could. Outsmarting him in military strategy is effectively impossible.

Considering that this completely mundane guy singlehandedly turned the tide of a war with his brilliant tactics, regularly outplayed Force users, and the mere thought of him coming back from the grave terrified the entire galaxy. Also, of the 12 people appointed to the rank of Grand Admiral by Emperor Palpatine, he was the only non-human. Palpatine was super racist against non-humans. He could predict the outcomes of future battles even better than Palpatine could. Outsmarting him in military strategy is effectively impossible.
Now I'm remembering why I hated so many parts of the EU.

Thrawn was a genius yes. It could be argued that he was the Imperial Sun Tzu... but he wasn't the unstoppable prescient creed style genius the rest of the EU always painted him as. There are only four 'true' Thrawn stories, the Heir to the Empire trilogy and Outbound Flight. Everything else was effectively Wankertine level material.

Now I'm remembering why I hated so many parts of the EU.

Thrawn was a genius yes. It could be argued that he was the Imperial Sun Tzu... but he wasn't the unstoppable prescient creed style genius the rest of the EU always painted him as. There are only four 'true' Thrawn stories, the Heir to the Empire trilogy and Outbound Flight. Everything else was effectively Wankertine level material.
What about the Hand of Thrawn duology, which was written by the same author as the Heir to the Empire trilogy? That's where the whole thing about the thought of him coming back terrifying everyone occurs (via clone, the clone never gets a chance to wake up). Its also where Luke and Mara Jade finally hook up.

The predicting a battle better than Palpatine did was how he got promoted to Grand Admiral.

Last edited:
What about the Hand of Thrawn duology, which was written by the same author as the Heir to the Empire trilogy? That's where the whole thing about the thought of him coming back terrifying everyone occurs (via clone, the clone never gets a chance to wake up). Its also where Luke and Mara Jade finally hook up.
Even then I ignore parts of it.

Just because someone is a partial clone of Thrawn doesn't mean it'll inherently have all his genius, knowledge and experience. The idea of it coming back and somehow changing everything was one of the stupider things written by an otherwise awesome Author. Thrawn as Sun Tzu or Rommel (who he was partially based off) is cool.

Thrawn as omniscient unstoppable super genius ignores how he was defeated.

Even then I ignore parts of it.

Just because someone is a partial clone of Thrawn doesn't mean it'll inherently have all his genius, knowledge and experience. The idea of it coming back and somehow changing everything was one of the stupider things written by an otherwise awesome Author. Thrawn as Sun Tzu or Rommel (who he was partially based off) is cool.

Thrawn as omniscient unstoppable super genius ignores how he was defeated.
Again, he didn't actually come back. Its that his In Universe status as a Memetic Badass terrified everyone.

Again, he didn't actually come back. Its that his In Universe status as a Memetic Badass terrified everyone.
Something, which if you remember the duology, Timothy Zahn mocked the fuck out of it. He was quite annoyed at the way the rest of the EU treated him, which is why the main characters pointed out that while he was good, he never was THAT good. Thrawn lost after all

So is anyone making a Sith Lord Master?

I've got the basic idea for my servant and I don't want to make it if everyones playing Jedi or similar...

It's awfully quiet in here. I hope I haven't just written up that monster Master-sheet for nothing.

Sorry, hit a bit of a Mental Block on Rider/Caster so I'm trying to get over that before I commit more to anything

Back