Caster smiled. It was a smile that bared a sliver of fang, but it wasn't wicked in nature. Simply pleased, no more to it. She briefly wondered at her Master's origins - she was not entirely familiar with all the creatures of the world's secret places, and the Grail had not seen fit to fill her in. All she could say for certain was that Jorg's inhuman blood came from far across the sea. But she didn't mind. She would learn all there was to know about him, in time. Until then, she saw no point in hiding who she was. What she was.

"My name is Tamamo-no-Mae."

The nine-tailed kitsune witch who, in the 12th century, descended upon Japan to infiltrate Emperor Toba's courts. Who was said to have cursed him with sickness, narrowly uncovered and driven away by Abe-no-Seimei. The demon who butchered an army eighty thousand strong single-handedly, only to fall to Miura-no-Suke's enchanted arrow. For all the affection she showed, she was soaked in more blood than Jorg could ever hope to match in a (half)human life. Perhaps a more appropriate Servant could not have been chosen.

"And if I can't at least see that handsome face of yours, your name will do for now."
Tamamo no Mae was not a familiar name to Jorg. He was not well versed in the fantastical tales of the East, but whether he knew the story of the servant in front of him or not mattered little. Eventually he would be able to witness Tamamo's life more accurately than what any tome of history would be able to provide. The spiritual link between master and servant transcended the traditional bond between magus and familiar. It was one that connected minds and hearts alike. Sooner or later, he would receive Tamamo's memories and feelings through his dreams, and she in turn would receive his in hers. The more practical aspects of her name, such as her abilities, were things Jorg could look at anytime he wished considering Tamamo did not have any special ability to conceal her status.

It was inevitable that both would learn most all that there was to the other. But dreams, as Jorg knew well, were slow and fickle, often murky and filled with holes. Better to learn about Tamamo through words and actions.

"You won't find much of a face, I'm afraid. So I'll give you my name, which is Jorg. Awfully short and simple compared to yours, if I must admit."

Tamamo no Mae was not a familiar name to Jorg. He was not well versed in the fantastical tales of the East, but whether he knew the story of the servant in front of him or not mattered little. Eventually he would be able to witness Tamamo's life more accurately than what any tome of history would be able to provide. The spiritual link between master and servant transcended the traditional bond between magus and familiar. It was one that connected minds and hearts alike. Sooner or later, he would receive Tamamo's memories and feelings through his dreams, and she in turn would receive his in hers. The more practical aspects of her name, such as her abilities, were things Jorg could look at anytime he wished considering Tamamo did not have any special ability to conceal her status.

It was inevitable that both would learn most all that there was to the other. But dreams, as Jorg knew well, were slow and fickle, often murky and filled with holes. Better to learn about Tamamo through words and actions.

"You won't find much of a face, I'm afraid. So I'll give you my name, which is Jorg. Awfully short and simple compared to yours, if I must admit."
Tamamo cocked her head slightly, chuckling at her silly Master. "I'm sure it's more than enough for me. But regardless."

Tamamo rocked forward and back again, shifting her weight to the balls of her feet and back to the heels. A little stretch to prepare for the coming night. "Of course you should still refer to me as 'Caster' when we're out on the prowl, but feel free to just call me 'Tamamo' when we're alone. And I'll just call you Jorg. Funny name. It's exotic. You look to be some type of oni, yet I've never seen anything quite like you. You fascinate me, Jorg."

She twiddled her fingers, concealed by her sleeves. "Oh, but I've taken up so much of your time already! Silly me, prying so much. We'll have all day tomorrow to get to know each other. For now, we must act as a Master and Servant pair. You're in luck, by the way - my magic is innate, not something worked over a bubbling cauldron in some musty old basement. I can find somewhere to establish a Territory if you wish, but otherwise I'm quite self-sufficient."

The Roof Access door swung open audibly, the keening squeal so painful that Archer was tempted to blow the hinges off. Clearly, it had been uncared for, shown by the litter and waste strewn about the platform. Curling his lip, he flashed for a second, fulmination screeching about him in a burst of instantaneous fury, and when the light died down, all that surrounded him was ash.

Stepping forward, he sighed gustily, and looked out into the night sky. The grails information trickled into his mind, the truth of the current era sinking in.

It disappointed him. After this war, there would be nothing left to look forwards to. The Age of Heroes had come to an end.

He could not leave his mark here. This time held nothing for him past this one small war. He'd need to murder a million to equal the fame he gained from a singular kill in his time.

Archer stepped up to the railing, and quietly stepped on top of it. The precarious footing held no fear for him, he'd stood on worse. But never had he felt such despair in the process.

So be it then. He'd paint his name in blood across this entire country. The world would see him once more, see him as the SUPERIOR being he was.

No matter the cost.

@Deadly Snark

Grigor dragged himself over to the other side of the vehicle (a difficult task, considering its previous owner's ostentatious additions), settling into the drivers side of the vehicle. It was a bit confusing, compared to the utter mundanity of his own car, but a steering wheel was a steering wheel and an accelerator was an accelerator, and that was all he really needed. Obviously, he could not drive as well as his wonderful Rider but, he mused, there was only so much to "driving in a straight line really really fast".

@Sucal
@TenfoldShields
@Druby

Feeling the charge more than hearing it, Assassin fell back for a moment, making sure to keep within range of the shadow crawling across the ground.

...This wasn't going to work. The approaching Servant was coming too fast, Assassin would need to leave the Shadow for now if they wanted to keep the Servant far away enough from the Master. If they wanted to pull this off, they'd need to hurry things along.

Retreating from her place, Assassin began to lead her foe down the street, drawing out the distance between Master and Servant while trying to avoid Assassin's own summoner. Meanwhile, the shadow's crawl sped up, seeking to get into place before the Master or Servant realized what was going on.

Assassin only had one chance before their secret was blown. In the worst case scenario, making the Master waste a Command Seal would be ideal.
Tiki frowned as she watched Saber go haring off after the enemy. They refused to talk, but it seemed she'd never find out what they were to wish for. Unfortunate. However, a rush of movement at her side snapped her out of her thoughts, eyes widening. A moving shadow, moving to encircle her, or at least get behind her. It wasn't one of Saber's abilities, so it must be one of the enemy's. She took a hop away from it, the street flying in a blur under her.

She didn't know what it did, but it could only be bad. Would it control her if it touched her own shadow? Would stepping in it turn out like quicksand? While she was curious, even she wouldn't simply let it connect with her to find out. She wasn't nearly sturdy enough to step into the enemy's trap, after all. Running away from it would be the easiest thing, but separating from Saber completely... She'd be at the mercy of any other Servant that found her.

Running away wasn't an option, nor was running towards them into the shadow. Instead, she simply ran around the two, giving the chase a wide berth and keeping an eye out for more shadows.

His thoughts were broken as he feels Lancer tense, and Elias glances up at him questioningly. <Down...?> He asks, his gaze falling towards the city below. <Uhh... Buildings? Streets? We're a little high up for details... Uh... I think there's a drunken driver down there or something though. Someone's weaving through the streets like a jackass, and- Holy shit! Did they just hit a fucking stand!? What the fuck is going on down there!?>
Grigor dragged himself over to the other side of the vehicle (a difficult task, considering its previous owner's ostentatious additions), settling into the drivers side of the vehicle. It was a bit confusing, compared to the utter mundanity of his own car, but a steering wheel was a steering wheel and an accelerator was an accelerator, and that was all he really needed. Obviously, he could not drive as well as his wonderful Rider but, he mused, there was only so much to "driving in a straight line really really fast".

@Sucal
@TenfoldShields
@Druby

"Enemies Master. Enemies." His voice, his real, actual voice, cut through the howling wind. Syllables slashed by razor sharp teeth. Smoke curling from slitted nostrils. Beast. Man. Monster. Knight. Lancer was many things in this time, in this place, but to his everlasting credit he was, before all else, an honest man.

He didn't give Elias any warning at all.

Wings snapped and street and sky switched places, Elias's guts coming unmoored within his belly as the world spun around him. Lancer on his back, wings flaring, killing his momentum in the same way that a concrete barrier kills a speeding car. A solid, cinderblock, wall of air resistance, rattling his Master's teeth in their sockets. The view of the ground below shaking itself to pieces.

But Elias was only human and Lancer? Lancer could see just fine. The winding roads below. The hollow lights of the city. The speeding red car. Elias felt an invisible hand grab his free floating stomach. Felt it grab and wrench, a ripping pain shooting up along his spine. Innards to icewater. Heart fluttering. Vision graying as mana rushed out in a tide.

Lancer held out a hand, called out something in Latin, and an obsidian star bloomed in the night sky. Shining, searing points stretching wider than Lancer's shoulders, taller than his tail to his horned crown. A vicious slash and it shot forward, hurtling towards earth. Shattering, splitting into a dozen, dozen black, smoky fragments on the way down. White-hot cinders burning at their core. Blazing hail raining across the road; shedding plumes of choking, black smoke in its wake.

Last edited:
The Roof Access door swung open audibly, the keening squeal so painful that Archer was tempted to blow the hinges off. Clearly, it had been uncared for, shown by the litter and waste strewn about the platform. Curling his lip, he flashed for a second, fulmination screeching about him in a burst of instantaneous fury, and when the light died down, all that surrounded him was ash.

Stepping forward, he sighed gustily, and looked out into the night sky. The grails information trickled into his mind, the truth of the current era sinking in.

It disappointed him. After this war, there would be nothing left to look forwards to. The Age of Heroes had come to an end.

He could not leave his mark here. This time held nothing for him past this one small war. He'd need to murder a million to equal the fame he gained from a singular kill in his time.

Archer stepped up to the railing, and quietly stepped on top of it. The precarious footing held no fear for him, he'd stood on worse. But never had he felt such despair in the process.

So be it then. He'd paint his name in blood across this entire country. The world would see him once more, see him as the SUPERIOR being he was.

No matter the cost.

@Deadly Snark
A shadow settled down beside Archer. No noise or sound came from within the darkness as it's occupant merely stood there in silence and ignored the ally beside him uncaring of any offense that could arose from such an action. As if in contemplation or perhaps he simply did not care, then again it was hard to tell anything when Saber was all but entirely hidden away.

Motes of shadow drifted away from the main mass lazily. Visible even under the moonlight and despite their nature, floating gently as if dancing in the night's sky. It would have made for a Serene scenery and perhaps if an ordinary inviduals had seen this they would have agreed. Yet to those in the know, it was merely the fragile peace before the cacophony of this war.

And then it happened.
"Enemies Master. Enemies." His voice, his real, actual voice, cut through the howling wind. Syllables slashed by razor sharp teeth. Smoke curling from slitted nostrils. Beast. Man. Monster. Knight. Lancer was many things in this time, in this place, but to his everlasting credit he was, before all else, an honest man.

He didn't give Elias any warning at all.

Wings snapped and street and sky switched places, Elias's guts coming unmoored within his belly as the world spun around him. Lancer on his back, wings flaring, killing his momentum in the same way that a concrete barrier kills a speeding car. A solid, cinderblock, wall of air resistance, rattling his Master's teeth in their sockets. The view of the ground below shaking itself to pieces.

But Elias was only human and Lancer? Lancer could see just fine. The winding roads below. The hollow lights of the city. The speeding red car. Elias felt an invisible hand grab his free floating stomach. Felt it grab and wrench, a ripping pain shooting up along his spine. Innards to icewater. Heart fluttering. Vision graying as mana rushed out in a tide.

Lancer held out a hand, called out something in Latin, and an obsidian star bloomed in the night sky. Shining, searing points stretching wider than Lancer's shoulders, taller than his tail to his horned crown. A vicious slash and it shot forward, hurtling towards earth. Shattering, splitting into a dozen, dozen black, smoky fragments on the way down. White-cinders burning at their core. Burning, blazing hail raining across the road. Shedding plumes of choking, black smoke in their wake.
A massive pillar of light impaled the Sky, parting clouds in it's massive wake and burning the world beneath it like the rage of Heaven. The enemy, the target had made their move.

A scant moment later, the noise of Creaking Armor and Shattered stone erupted, as the darkened mist, and thus Saber, leaped into the fray.

@Bladestar123

Last edited:
@TenfoldShields
@Dekutulla
@Deadly Snark
@Druby
@Bladestar123

Rider yawned. Sure, she was theoretically at least, in danger but it was something of an empty threat at this point. Foreplay for lack of a better term, merely to see who would stand and who would fall. Of course, she was Rider and thus she didn't always stand on her own feet, but the same thought still applied. Smugly grinning at both the attack at the person making it, she took a nice large bite from the stick.

"Hmm, fishy"

Then she fought fire, with fire. Namely a large eruption from the floor around 'them' a raging inferno barely forced into the shape of a dome. While she was tempted to let her summoner get caught in the attack, that would put Unit Gilles (and more importantly the food it was carrying at risk.) Forming the top of the dome into a replica of her smile, she mockingly blew the attack a kiss.

<Prepare for evasive action Summoner, the fun time has begun!>

Last edited:
Tamamo cocked her head slightly, chuckling at her silly Master. "I'm sure it's more than enough for me. But regardless."

Tamamo rocked forward and back again, shifting her weight to the balls of her feet and back to the heels. A little stretch to prepare for the coming night. "Of course you should still refer to me as 'Caster' when we're out on the prowl, but feel free to just call me 'Tamamo' when we're alone. And I'll just call you Jorg. Funny name. It's exotic. You look to be some type of oni, yet I've never seen anything quite like you. You fascinate me, Jorg."

She twiddled her fingers, concealed by her sleeves. "Oh, but I've taken up so much of your time already! Silly me, prying so much. We'll have all day tomorrow to get to know each other. For now, we must act as a Master and Servant pair. You're in luck, by the way - my magic is innate, not something worked over a bubbling cauldron in some musty old basement. I can find somewhere to establish a Territory if you wish, but otherwise I'm quite self-sufficient."
Oni? Ah right, Jorg had heard of them. Monsters that originated from Japan. Beasts of nature irreconcilable with man. Though not exactly what Jorg was, it had the same principles. Tamamo, on the other hand, was a beast of divinity. Monsters to receive adoration and worship by humans rather than hunting and rejection. Though, Jorg bemused, it was probably that Tamamo was not such a divine aspect. He did not know exactly why, but he had a hunch, and he had known for many years to trust his own instincts.

Jorg didn't really understand why Tamamo chuckled though. It seemed by her tone that Jorg had done something amusing, but what he did not know. Perhaps it was his last sentence about his name? It was likely he had said something unconventional in relation to social standards. Well, human ones, which he understandably couldn't quite strike an affinity with. Or so his colleagues, what few that worked with him for more than one mission during his enforcing career, had often pointed out. Jorg mentally shrugged. It was the thought that counted, and he had wished for her to be at ease. At least that seemed to be something he had done right.

What really interested Jorg here was Tamamo's specifications on her magecraft. He didn't quite understand what she meant by innate magic, but he presumed from her latter description that it meant she did not need extensive amounts of preparation and set territory to be at operating capacity. That, frankly, was not the type of caster that Jorg preferred. With his skillset, Jorg would be extremely difficult to get a hold of. Even servants would struggle to keep him in their consideration in urban areas where buildings and corners and crevices were packed together en masse. And despite this expertise in disengaging, Jorg was still a monster in close combat. Only the tiniest fraction of magi would be able to match him in close quarters, and even among these, those that relied solely on raw physical power would be in for nasty surprises. As a result, Jorg was rather self sufficient, thus making a caster that prepared large and extensive rituals without worrying for a master's safety being the best type of magus to work with Jorg.

But this wasn't bad either. Tamamo could protect herself on the go. She could also provide support for Jorg even under the duress of combat where time was an incredibly finite resource. This meant it would be best for them to move quickly and widely, scouting and taking out enemies while keeping mobile. Of course, this sort of strategy was still probably best performed with a servant possessing high raw power such as Saber or high mobility and tracking finesse such as Assassin. Even so, there were merits to a Caster class servant, especially so in Tamamo's case, that outweighed even the fact that the Caster class was inherently disadvantaged due to the prevalence of magic resistance.

"A territory is not needed if you do not feel comfortable with establishing one. If you do want to create one, this general building would be best. It is my own workshop and almost completely fitted with my own preparations. As you know as a magus far beyond one such as me, attacking a magus in his or her own territory is akin to a single person trying to storm a castle," said Jorg as he stretched out his bestial claws in anticipation, "but that is, of course, only when magi of the modern era are involved. A single knight class servant with a modicum of magic resistance could simply stroll through this entire building and negate the countless traps and hurdles I have implanted. But when you, a Caster class servant with abilities that I could only dream of, are involved, things change."

Jorg waved his hand, motioning at the room around him. "This building becomes a castle to servants as well, and an unapproachable mountain to masters." He faced the large slider window placed at eye level in the room. Stepping towards it, he looked down at the city so awfully silent in the night. "The city seems silent from up here, yet my command seals burn, telling me that masters are near. I feel that it would be too boring to spend the night performing who knows how many trite rituals." Jorg stretched out an inviting hand to Tamamo. "Don't you feel it right to join their fun?"

He was feeling the buzz in his veins. The numbing buildup of his inversion impulse that drew him to scenes of death irresistably. Normally, Jorg was able to keep his impulse under wraps, but he surmised that the sudden drain of his magical energy to sustain Tamamo was removing his inhibitions. It wasn't as if his magical energy was going to come back any time soon, so he might as well oblige his instincts.

"A territory is not needed if you do not feel comfortable with establishing one. If you do want to create one, this general building would be best. It is my own workshop and almost completely fitted with my own preparations. As you know as a magus far beyond one such as me, attacking a magus in his or her own territory is akin to a single person trying to storm a castle," said Jorg as he stretched out his bestial claws in anticipation, "but that is, of course, only when magi of the modern era are involved. A single knight class servant with a modicum of magic resistance could simply stroll through this entire building and negate the countless traps and hurdles I have implanted. But when you, a Caster class servant with abilities that I could only dream of, are involved, things change."

Jorg waved his hand, motioning at the room around him. "This building becomes a castle to servants as well, and an unapproachable mountain to masters." He faced the large slider window placed at eye level in the room. Stepping towards it, he looked down at the city so awfully silent in the night. "The city seems silent from up here, yet my command seals burn, telling me that masters are near. I feel that it would be too boring to spend the night performing who knows how many trite rituals." Jorg stretched out an inviting hand to Tamamo. "Don't you feel it right to join their fun?"

He was feeling the buzz in his veins. The numbing buildup of his inversion impulse that drew him to scenes of death irresistably. Normally, Jorg was able to keep his impulse under wraps, but he surmised that the sudden drain of his magical energy to sustain Tamamo was removing his inhibitions. It wasn't as if his magical energy was going to come back any time soon, so he might as well oblige his instincts.
Tamamo lazily dipped her head to one side. "Perhaps later, during the day. There are more effective applications for my talents, but it can't hurt either."

She moved towards the window, standing at Jorg's side. Staring out at an unfamiliar Japan, an unfamiliar capital. So many buildings stretching in vain up towards the sky, so many tiny people crammed together in too small a space, all living their own lives. It made her giddy to think of all the stories being told in just one district, one apartment block. So much humanity in one place. It was enough to make her veins buzz. But tonight she was focused on one human in particular. The one standing beside her, pledged to fight alongside her. The riddle she longed to unravel.

In the end, Tamamo was a fox. And foxes love to play little games. So as she reached out to take Jorg's hand, her own shifted. Her fingers grew longer and more delicate, her claws curling further from her fingertips. Her sleeve pulled back obligingly to reveal more of her forearm as the creamy-pale skin became stained the colour of glossy ink. She intertwined her changed fingers with Jorg's and clasped his hand with a perfect reproduction of it.

"Let's go introduce ourselves. Lead the way, Jorg~"

A shadow settled down beside Archer. No noise or sound came from within the darkness as it's occupant merely stood there in silence and ignored the ally beside him uncaring of any offense that could arose from such an action. As if in contemplation or perhaps he simply did not care, then again it was hard to tell anything when Saber was all but entirely hidden away.

Motes of shadow drifted away from the main mass lazily. Visible even under the moonlight and despite their nature, floating gently as if dancing in the night's sky. It would have made for a Serene scenery and perhaps if an ordinary inviduals had seen this they would have agreed. Yet to those in the know, it was merely the fragile peace before the cacophony of this war.

As both gazed solemnly ahead, Archer allowed a fleeting whisper to carry on the wind.

"Shall I back you up?"

And then it happened.

A massive pillar of light impaled the Sky, parting clouds in it's massive wake and burning the world beneath it like the rage of Heaven. The enemy, the target had made their move.

A scant moment later, the noise of Creaking Armor and Shattered stone erupted, as the darkened mist, and thus Saber, leaped into the fray.

@Bladestar123

Archer continued to gaze forward, even as the light seared the skies beside him, true disappointment still palpable.

@TenfoldShields
@Dekutulla
@Deadly Snark
@Druby
@Bladestar123

Rider yawned. Sure, she was theoretically at least, in danger but it was something of an empty threat at this point. Foreplay for lack of a better term, merely to see who would stand and who would fall. Of course, she was Rider and thus she didn't always stand on her own feet, but the same thought still applied. Smugly grinning at both the attack at the person making it, she took a nice large bite from the stick.

"Hmm, fishy"

Then she fought fire, with fire. Namely a large eruption from the floor around 'them' a raging inferno barely forced into the shape of a dome. While she was tempted to let her summoner get caught in the attack, that would put Unit Gilles (and more importantly the food it was carrying at risk.) Forming the top of the dome into a replica of her smile, she mockingly blew the attack a kiss.

Archer felt his bow nearly coalesce, it's familiar feel, the weight of its existence on the world, so familiar, so close he could taste it.

But no. Not yet.

Not until the time was right.

"Hmm, fishy"

Another spike of energy, followed by a great dome of fire. Which was moving at great speed in response of the Great Pillar from the sky, which was also moving at great speed. Speed was necessary in a hunt when the prey reveals it's self, both for the hunter and the hunted. If he could not reach the area in time the prize would be gone and the chance would be lost.

All of this Saber noted in the seconds between his jump and his landing on to the ground. The shadows expanded and billowed like a noxious smoke in his wake. Growing to engulf the entire side of the building for a moment, from top to bottom. Passersby, customers and those who merely moved outside to smoke had a moment of mouth hanging stunned pure astonishment before the mist claimed their senses as Saber landed and the darkness went wild.

Then as quickly as it had arrived, the light devouring cloud was gone. As their senses returned to them, most civilians assumed that it was something akin to a hallucination or the effects of too much alcohol and quietly returned home, an impression helped both by the speed of the event and the mass hypnosis laid upon them by the Magi. Most did not notice nor care for the man lying unconscious on the ground, both his keys and motorcycle having mysteriously vanished.

----------------------------------------------------------------
@Bladestar123
@Azrael
@Druby
@Sucal
@Dekutulla
@TenfoldShields

Last edited:

Then as quickly as it had arrived, the light devouring cloud was gone. As their senses returned to them, most civilians assumed that it was something akin to a hallucination or the effects of too much alcohol and quietly returned home, an impression helped both by the speed of the event and the mass hypnosis laid upon them by the Magi. Most did not notice nor care for the man lying unconscious on the ground, both his keys and motorcycle having mysteriously vanished.

@Sucal
@TenfoldShields
@Druby

A wall of black fog rolled down the empty street, shattering streetlights and breaching windows with the force of its passage. Glass splintering. Shining shards raining down, sparks flickering, before swallowed by the onrushing plume. A billowing cloud of darkness that chewed through the air and ate the light.

Rider's car plunged into the thick of the soup. Grigor could see it. See it pressing in through gaps in the crimson curtain. See the tainted, churning air. Hear it moaning and whipping past, cars shuddering and rocking on their tires. Scraping, suspensions bouncing as the gale slammed against their frames. Skeins of dust and dirt. Shards of broken glass zipping overhead. Hear a burning fragment of the star, shining in the gloom like the lost lamp of a lighthouse. Flickering and fizzling, weakly pulsing. Another up ahead. A third to the right.

Wherever the roaring flames licked the fog faded. Wherever they roared it melted away. But there was more, always, always more. He couldn't see the street but for a few paces before the front of the car. He couldn't see the sky.

Smoke parted, a gap between two colossal clouds, a hundred yard preview of the road ahead. Of tainted air and inky eddies.

Of the massive figure who stood in the center of the street. Monstrous, batlike wings folding beneath a crimson cloak. Hair as black as the smoke waving in the breeze, shedding embers and stray sparks. Shoulders nearly as broad as the car. Long body covered in fused, armored plate and scarlet and sable scale. Limbs like iron girders. Sinews like twined steel cables. Spear against his shoulder.

Grigor saw his hand falling away from his shoulder. Grigor saw the small, half-prone form cradled in his arm shudder, back bowing as a fresh burst of mana was tapped, as a fluttering, indigo aura flared to life. Wreathing, wrapping around them both.

Grigor saw Lancer take a step back. Settle into a crouch

Spear braced and directly in their path.

Last edited:
Tamamo lazily dipped her head to one side. "Perhaps later, during the day. There are more effective applications for my talents, but it can't hurt either."

She moved towards the window, standing at Jorg's side. Staring out at an unfamiliar Japan, an unfamiliar capital. So many buildings stretching in vain up towards the sky, so many tiny people crammed together in too small a space, all living their own lives. It made her giddy to think of all the stories being told in just one district, one apartment block. So much humanity in one place. It was enough to make her veins buzz. But tonight she was focused on one human in particular. The one standing beside her, pledged to fight alongside her. The riddle she longed to unravel.

In the end, Tamamo was a fox. And foxes love to play little games. So as she reached out to take Jorg's hand, her own shifted. Her fingers grew longer and more delicate, her claws curling further from her fingertips. Her sleeve pulled back obligingly to reveal more of her forearm as the creamy-pale skin became stained the colour of glossy ink. She intertwined her changed fingers with Jorg's and clasped his hand with a perfect reproduction of it.

"Let's go introduce ourselves. Lead the way, Jorg~"
Jorg glanced at Tamamo's hand as it embraced his. She had used her shapeshifting skill to match her hand's appearance to his own. Though her hand was slimmer and shapelier than Jorg's with its feminine grace, the signs of Jorg's own kind - the night black skin with its coarse and sandy texture, the glossy, sickle shaped claws - were, surprisingly, strikingly unfamiliar sights to Jorg. The thought struck him that the only other hands he had seen of that were of his kind were from his father, who was the last true blooded member of his species. It had been decades since he had seen his father, and he would not be seeing his father anytime soon considering he was dead.

Once his father had dissipated into the wild winds of a moonlit night so very many years ago, Jorg had been alone. Though Tamamo's hands were simply imitations, he could not help feel a degree of comfort in them. He felt a wave of nostalgia hit him, welling up a dull happiness that faded as soon as he reached to grasp it with his thoughts. Though he was not sure, Jorg felt that this must be the happiness of his past that he sought out. Truly, then, it was the right decision to participate in this ritual. The more he stayed here, the more he would understand the nature of the happiness he wanted, and the closer he would get to achieving it through the grail.

Jorg squeezed Tamamo's hand gently, giving her his unspoken appreciation. He turned to the sliding window and slightly opened it. Through a gap just a few inches wide, a cool night breeze wafted in, ever so slightly chilling the controlled temperature of the room. Jorg looked back to Tamamo.

"Then let's go. You should go into spiritual form to follow me. Much easier that way." Jorg wasted no time in mobilizing. He stepped forward towards the tiny gap in the sliding window, letting go of Tamamo's hand. Right as it seemed that his large frame would collide with the window, his body broke apart into a single stream of black particles, rough to the touch like sand. Jorg, now a levitating, moving cloud of blackened sand, sifted through the gap in the window, streaming down into the expanse of the night. Jorg began mentally speaking with Tamamo, as he obviously couldn't do so physically.

"My tracking skills aren't the best, so if you could handle that area with your magecraft we'd be much better off."

<Enemies?> Elias echoed back telepathically, eyes glued to the out of control driving. Another Servant and Master pair then? He thought on that for a moment. He hadn't expected to find anyone so fast, though with the ability to fly, he supposed they did have a bit of an advantage when it came to spotting things. Another moment, and Elias quickly realized what that meant. <Wait, no! Put me down first->

Elias' entire world became nothing but a blur, even with his eyes shut tight. It felt as if the very air was crushing him, pressing against him from every corner as Lancer spun and dove. He felt the mana being pulled from his body, being spent to fuel Lancer's powers, and Elias instinctively grabbed onto that, pulling back as much as he was able.

By the time Lancer had touched down on the ground, Elias was in a pitiable shape, writhing as he attempts to suck in deep breaths of air into his lungs, hair thrown all askew and one hand gripped over his chest as he cursed and spat rude words into the air.

'Evasive action', she said. Grigor wasn't exactly sure what evasive actions were available to him at the moment. It was a Lancer, after all; he doubted that it would miss, even if he swerved the car to the right or left of him. Still, that was really the only thing he could do at the moment. He would just have to trust in Rider to keep her mana supply safe.

Unit Gilles swerved erratically, tires screeching on burnt asphalt. It wasn't exactly a pretty sight, watching the car list from side to side like a drunk after a wine tasting, but Grigor was a Master, not a Servant, and he wasn't exactly a racing enthusiast. He veered to the right as he approached Lancer, putting the car to it's offhand side, and putting himself as far away from the lance as possible.

Jorg glanced at Tamamo's hand as it embraced his. She had used her shapeshifting skill to match her hand's appearance to his own. Though her hand was slimmer and shapelier than Jorg's with its feminine grace, the signs of Jorg's own kind - the night black skin with its coarse and sandy texture, the glossy, sickle shaped claws - were, surprisingly, strikingly unfamiliar sights to Jorg. The thought struck him that the only other hands he had seen of that were of his kind were from his father, who was the last true blooded member of his species. It had been decades since he had seen his father, and he would not be seeing his father anytime soon considering he was dead.

Once his father had dissipated into the wild winds of a moonlit night so very many years ago, Jorg had been alone. Though Tamamo's hands were simply imitations, he could not help feel a degree of comfort in them. He felt a wave of nostalgia hit him, welling up a dull happiness that faded as soon as he reached to grasp it with his thoughts. Though he was not sure, Jorg felt that this must be the happiness of his past that he sought out. Truly, then, it was the right decision to participate in this ritual. The more he stayed here, the more he would understand the nature of the happiness he wanted, and the closer he would get to achieving it through the grail.

Jorg squeezed Tamamo's hand gently, giving her his unspoken appreciation. He turned to the sliding window and slightly opened it. Through a gap just a few inches wide, a cool night breeze wafted in, ever so slightly chilling the controlled temperature of the room. Jorg looked back to Tamamo.

"Then let's go. You should go into spiritual form to follow me. Much easier that way." Jorg wasted no time in mobilizing. He stepped forward towards the tiny gap in the sliding window, letting go of Tamamo's hand. Right as it seemed that his large frame would collide with the window, his body broke apart into a single stream of black particles, rough to the touch like sand. Jorg, now a levitating, moving cloud of blackened sand, sifted through the gap in the window, streaming down into the expanse of the night. Jorg began mentally speaking with Tamamo, as he obviously couldn't do so physically.

"My tracking skills aren't the best, so if you could handle that area with your magecraft we'd be much better off."
Tamamo smiled. That little squeeze of her hand was a sign. Despite everything her Master outwardly projected, she had cracked open the door to his innermost thoughts and feelings. Perhaps only a hair but a crack once made can always be widened. And, in turn, he would come to know her. She had nothing to hide. She had long since come to terms with who she was - it seemed that she had been brought back to Japan order to help Jorg do likewise.

She whistled softly. "Impressive trick, my dear. Just a moment~."

A whisper on the night wind and she was gone, the room silent and empty. She travelled much like Jorg, particles of mana floating through the building like dust on the wind. She reformed on the rooftop, albeit with one addition. An oval mirror, roughly the size of her head, the ebony frame gilded. She didn't so much as lay a hand on it, yet it hovered into position unbidden. Tilting to reflect the moon's silver light into her eyes. She studied the distant orb's reflection intently, as if analysing a poem.

"Mmm," she murmured to herself. "I see." And like that she was gone again, a cloud of thought on the wind, racing to Jorg's side.

<Odd.> Her voice came as if she were right next to him, speaking into his ear. <I expected Assassin to be better at concealing themselves, but I can sense all six of our foes. Four of them, it seems, have decided to all come together and shake hands a few blocks that way. We could go introduce ourselves, or just watch from afar. The other two are off over there and there-ish directions, but from the extra background magical energy they're likely still at their Masters' workshops. Potentially a problem to attack them on their home ground.>

It was perhaps rather convenient that Jorg understood instinctively what Tamamo meant by 'there-ish' without accompanying gestures. The miracle of the Master-Servant bond.

Last edited:
A wall of black fog rolled down the empty street, shattering streetlights and breaching windows with the force of its passage. Glass splintering. Shining shards raining down, sparks flickering, before swallowed by the onrushing plume. A billowing cloud of darkness that chewed through the air and ate the light.

Rider's car plunged into the thick of the soup. Grigor could see it. See it pressing in through gaps in the crimson curtain. See the tainted, churning air. Hear it moaning and whipping past, cars shuddering and rocking on their tires. Scraping, suspensions bouncing as the gale slammed against their frames. Skeins of dust and dirt. Shards of broken glass zipping overhead. Hear a burning fragment of the star, shining in the gloom like the lost lamp of a lighthouse. Flickering and fizzling, weakly pulsing. Another up ahead. A third to the right.

Wherever the roaring flames licked the fog faded. Wherever they roared it melted away. But there was more, always, always more. He couldn't see the street but for a few paces before the front of the car. He couldn't see the sky.

Smoke parted, a gap between two colossal clouds, a hundred yard preview of the road ahead. Of tainted air and inky eddies.

Of the massive figure who stood in the center of the street. Monstrous, batlike wings folding beneath a crimson cloak. Hair as black as the smoke waving in the breeze, shedding embers and stray sparks. Shoulders nearly as broad as the car. Long body covered in fused, armored plate and scarlet and sable scale. Limbs like iron girders. Sinews like twined steel cables. Spear against his shoulder.

Grigor saw his hand falling away from his shoulder. Grigor saw the small, half-prone form cradled in his arm shudder, back bowing as a fresh burst of mana was tapped, as a fluttering, indigo aura flared to life. Wreathing, wrapping around them both.

<Enemies?> Elias echoed back telepathically, eyes glued to the out of control driving. Another Servant and Master pair then? He thought on that for a moment. He hadn't expected to find anyone so fast, though with the ability to fly, he supposed they did have a bit of an advantage when it came to spotting things. Another moment, and Elias quickly realized what that meant. <Wait, no! Put me down first->

Elias' entire world became nothing but a blur, even with his eyes shut tight. It felt as if the very air was crushing him, pressing against him from every corner as Lancer spun and dove. He felt the mana being pulled from his body, being spent to fuel Lancer's powers, and Elias instinctively grabbed onto that, pulling back as much as he was able.

By the time Lancer had touched down on the ground, Elias was in a pitiable shape, writhing as he attempts to suck in deep breaths of air into his lungs, hair thrown all askew and one hand gripped over his chest as he cursed and spat rude words into the air.
'Evasive action', she said. Grigor wasn't exactly sure what evasive actions were available to him at the moment. It was a Lancer, after all; he doubted that it would miss, even if he swerved the car to the right or left of him. Still, that was really the only thing he could do at the moment. He would just have to trust in Rider to keep her mana supply safe.

Unit Gilles swerved erratically, tires screeching on burnt asphalt. It wasn't exactly a pretty sight, watching the car list from side to side like a drunk after a wine tasting, but Grigor was a Master, not a Servant, and he wasn't exactly a racing enthusiast. He veered to the right as he approached Lancer, putting the car to it's offhand side, and putting himself as far away from the lance as possible.
A shadow descended upon the battlefield. The lingering flame brought forth by Rider found it harder to stay alight, the aftereffects of Lancer's attack dispersed quicker than they should and even the glowing displays of light coming from the surrounding infrastructure found themselves flickering. Grigor and Elias felt a cold sweat run down their backs despite the heat of their current situation. A prelude of what was to come.

A black shape came roaring into view of the combatants. Dashing with between and around the cars that still littered on the road with insulting ease. A form hidden in the shadow at it's head, an attempt at subterfuge, to distract foes? But the Mana Signature of another Servant was unmistakable to everyone present both in it's potency and it's malice. Thick and unwavering shadowy mist trailed in it's path, choking the road under it's presence, grinding trafficking to a halt as the mortal drivers bewildered and panicked, froze in fear. For them It was like an scene straight out of their worst nightmares.

As soon as it came into view, the new combatant speed up. It's trajectory was clear. Like a bullet shot by an expert marksman it headed straight for Lancer and thus his Master.

------------------------------------------------------------

@Bladestar123
@Azrael
@TenfoldShields
@Druby
@Sucal
@Dekutulla

Last edited:
Shaking her head as her summoner drunkenly moved from side to side, Rider couldn't decide what was worse. His riding, which was an offense to her classes very existence... or the ugliness of the chuckhead who thought he was worthy enough to impede her way. Finishing off her fish stick, she noted the way he was impeding their path and laughed. Manifesting her sword and spear, she allowed her tattered banner to float there in the wind, a challenge to all that would dare to get in her way.

It was almost annoying that there was more servants coming to interfere with her fun, considering how easily even she could detect its presence. Admittedly she found it a little laughable, some little spike of malice that thought it was on her level, but that didn't mean she couldn't make use of it! Especially considering it was rushing directly towards the idiot blocking her path. Still.. she would have to take more then a little bit of offence at the riders actions..

She was the Rider Class after all. Leaping off the car before Lancer could hope to make impact, she battered his spear out of the way, preventing him from interfering with her summoners movement. As she did however, the true attack surfaced, her seemingly spluttering dome erupting back into its full fury and launching a thousand fiery streamers. Taking advantage of her movement to hide behind before impact, they were instead aimed towards his master, a flaming little surprise to share her 'happiness' at having her snack interrupted.

It was a two pronged attack. Namely, the other prong was to be the wannabe rider, even if they didn't know it yet.

@Bladestar123
@Azrael
@Druby
@Dekutulla
@TenfoldShields
@Deadly Snark

As soon as it came into view, the new combatant speed up. It's trajectory was clear. Like a bullet shot by an expert marksman it headed straight for Lancer and thus his Master.
She was the Rider Class after all. Leaping off the car before Lancer could hope to make impact, she battered his spear out of the way, preventing him from interfering with her summoners movement. As she did however, the true attack surfaced, her seemingly spluttering dome erupting back into its full fury and launching a thousand fiery streamers. Taking advantage of her movement to hide behind before impact, they were instead aimed towards his master, a flaming little surprise to share her 'happiness' at having her snack interrupted.

It was a two pronged attack. Namely, the other prong was to be the wannabe rider, even if they didn't know it yet.

Something was wrong.

He wasn't getting out of the way. He wasn't moving. He wasn't stumbling back, he wasn't reeling. Spear off center, sparks still falling from where Rider has struck it. Flames roaring out, scorching away the smoke. Ribbons of crimson and gold sucking up the air. Scorching away the world. Asphalt turning tarry and sticky underfoot. Paint bubbling. Elias's hair started to crisp. The side of the car slung out and screaming towards them.

A voice in the young man's head. Not even words. Not even a coherent thought. More a sensation. An impression.

He would be safe.

He would be fine.

He would live.

Because Lancer was here.

Thick, leathery hide folded over Elias. Bony struts of Lancer's wings spreading. Slowly pulling apart, drawing the membranous wing taut over him. The world reduced to darkness. Shadows and gloom, the nearing fire muffled. Muted. Some far away glow, barely visible through the crafted tissue. Through the black and the softer scarlet.

And then the flames hit Lancer and he wasn't burning. And then the car hit Lancer and he wasn't falling. And Grigor was still clutching the wheel, face to face with the yawning, dripping, dragon-maw as the street shattered ahead of them. Cracks racing through, surging ahead; forking and dividing and fracturing and webbing across the street. Chunks of stone, shards of rubble, shooting up in twin plumes of rubble. The tortured scream of claws on rock. The front of the car deformed around the tops of Lancer's thighs. Two deep dents in the side.

The Servant still sliding back, his tail lashing the air. The car still powering forward, rubber howling. But they were slowing, slowing, the engine heaving and grinding. The world reduced to so much smoke and flame. Lancer's head tilting as over his shoulder the newest arrival drew nearer. And nearer.

The Lancer swept his spear through the air in a purple arc, choking it up, drawing it back. Muscles squirming beneath scales as he plunged it down. Towards the hood. Towards the engine block and the street below.

Parameters
Strength: B
Endurance: B

Mana: D
Additional Parameters remain hidden.

Class Skills
Magic Resistance X: A skill that grants protection against magical effects. An innate ability of the Lancer class it has been subsumed by another of Lancer Alter's skills.

Personal Skills
Guardian Knight A+: This Servant receives a temporary modifier to parameters when acting in defense of others. A protector of numerous nations and expansive regions in life, Lancer Alter is capable of deriving effectively unlimited defensive capabilities from those who place their faith and expectations in him.

Saint A-: A skill bestowed upon those canonized by a religion. Though there is no longer any authority willing or able to heed Lancer Alter's prayers, such is his unshakeable faith that he may mimic the proper effects with his own mana stores, creating his own dark miracles and warped sacraments. Feelings of fear. Feelings of rage. A black rain that fosters shadows and obscures sight. Healing others with his own spilled blood. Evoking the sign of the cross and mantling himself in protection of an equivalent rank of Magic Resistance. Such things are within Lancer Alter's power.
Additional Skills remain hidden.

Noble Phantasms
All Noble Phantasms remain hidden.

Last edited:
Tamamo smiled. That little squeeze of her hand was a sign. Despite everything her Master outwardly projected, she had cracked open the door to his innermost thoughts and feelings. Perhaps only a hair but a crack once made can always be widened. And, in turn, he would come to know her. She had nothing to hide. She had long since come to terms with who she was - it seemed that she had been brought back to Japan order to help Jorg do likewise.

She whistled softly. "Impressive trick, my dear. Just a moment~."

A whisper on the night wind and she was gone, the room silent and empty. She travelled much like Jorg, particles of mana floating through the building like dust on the wind. She reformed on the rooftop, albeit with one addition. An oval mirror, roughly the size of her head, the ebony frame gilded. She didn't so much as lay a hand on it, yet it hovered into position unbidden. Tilting to reflect the moon's silver light into her eyes. She studied the distant orb's reflection intently, as if analysing a poem.

"Mmm," she murmured to herself. "I see." And like that she was gone again, a cloud of thought on the wind, racing to Jorg's side.

<Odd.> Her voice came as if she were right next to him, speaking into his ear. <I expected Assassin to be better at concealing themselves, but I can sense all six of our foes. Four of them, it seems, have decided to all come together and shake hands a few blocks that way. We could go introduce ourselves, or just watch from afar. The other two are off over there and there-ish directions, but from the extra background magical energy they're likely still at their Masters' workshops. Potentially a problem to attack them on their home ground.>

It was perhaps rather convenient that Jorg understood instinctively what Tamamo meant by 'there-ish' without accompanying gestures. The miracle of the Master-Servant bond.
"Four you say? Let's go to the center stage where the most actors are dancing. The more there are, the more chaos there is. In chaos, I thrive unnoticed. Without notice, no master is safe." Jorg began floating towards the massive conflict, weaving through countless highrise buildings of the city. As a stream of sand, Jorg moved rather quickly, able to match an automobile when he had accelerated for a sufficient amount of time. The darkness of night also helped conceal him. As a creature of night and dreams, Jorg could meld his body with darkness, cutting off his presence to all but the sharpest minded of warriors or magi.

Soon enough, he began to see hints of battle. Bright orange flashes bursting into the darkness of night, cutting through night's stillness vibrantly. Gatherings of shadows forming even thicker brush strokes of black upon the night canvas. Jorg could feel the immense output of magical energy from even a block or two away. It was truly awing to feel the sheer scale of power that these beings called servants exerted. All the more reason for Jorg to lay low as much as possible. He began descending onto ground level, making sure to hug the shadowy side of buildings as he did so to maximize his concealment through darkness.

"Tamamo, I feel that we shouldn't fight directly. Nor should we reveal ourselves. Hm. Come to think of it, I never did ask you. What do you think of assassins? Are their methods repulsive to you? Unfavorable? Distasteful? Simply immoral? I ask because I operate best as one," said Jorg honestly, "but it would do me no good to wrong you. If you wish, I can fight directly and in the open as these masters seem fond of doing."

"Four you say? Let's go to the center stage where the most actors are dancing. The more there are, the more chaos there is. In chaos, I thrive unnoticed. Without notice, no master is safe." Jorg began floating towards the massive conflict, weaving through countless highrise buildings of the city. As a stream of sand, Jorg moved rather quickly, able to match an automobile when he had accelerated for a sufficient amount of time. The darkness of night also helped conceal him. As a creature of night and dreams, Jorg could meld his body with darkness, cutting off his presence to all but the sharpest minded of warriors or magi.

Soon enough, he began to see hints of battle. Bright orange flashes bursting into the darkness of night, cutting through night's stillness vibrantly. Gatherings of shadows forming even thicker brush strokes of black upon the night canvas. Jorg could feel the immense output of magical energy from even a block or two away. It was truly awing to feel the sheer scale of power that these beings called servants exerted. All the more reason for Jorg to lay low as much as possible. He began descending onto ground level, making sure to hug the shadowy side of buildings as he did so to maximize his concealment through darkness.

"Tamamo, I feel that we shouldn't fight directly. Nor should we reveal ourselves. Hm. Come to think of it, I never did ask you. What do you think of assassins? Are their methods repulsive to you? Unfavorable? Distasteful? Simply immoral? I ask because I operate best as one," said Jorg honestly, "but it would do me no good to wrong you. If you wish, I can fight directly and in the open as these masters seem fond of doing."
Tamamo laughed.

<... oh, you were serious?> She didn't have a physical body, yet she still made the 'snrkhahahaha' sound of laughter that cannot be contained. <I'm a kitsune, my sweet. I could likely appear in the Assassin class due to that fact alone. It's in my nature to be sneaky, conniving, sly, underhanded, whatever adjective pleases you most. Kill them in their sleep if it pleases you. But if you are discovered, simply say the word and I will be by your side.>

On a high rooftop overlooking the carnage, a little fox sat. Her eyes were bright yellow with cunning and wit, her fur a lustrous red-orange. Her forepaws were up on the lip of the building, so black it was as if she were wearing little black boots or socks. Her bushy, brush-like, white-tipped tail lay on the ground behind her, swishing idly to and fro. A little strange, a little out of place, but nothing alarm-worthy. At worst just a familiar, surely. Just above her narrow shoulders sat a mirror framed in gilded ebony, capturing and reflecting the light of the scene that lay before it. The little fox wrinkled her nose and watched.

A shadow descended upon the battlefield. The lingering flame brought forth by Rider found it harder to stay alight, the aftereffects of Lancer's attack dispersed quicker than they should and even the glowing displays of light coming from the surrounding infrastructure found themselves flickering. Grigori and Elias felt a cold sweat run down their backs despite the heat of their current situation. A prelude of what was to come.

A black shape came roaring into view of the combatants. Dashing with between and around the cars that still littered on the road with insulting ease. A form hidden in the shadow at it's head, an attempt at subterfuge, to distract foes? But the Mana Signature of another Servant was unmistakable to everyone present both in it's potency and it's malice. Thick and unwavering shadowy mist trailed in it's path, choking the road under it's presence, grinding trafficking to a halt as the mortal drivers bewildered and panicked, froze in fear. For them It was like an scene straight out of their worst nightmares.

------------------------------------------------------------

@Bladestar123
@Azrael
@TenfoldShields
@Druby
@Sucal
@Dekutulla

'Now'

With a grin, Archer stood up atop the highest rooftop he could find, the bow in his mind materializing.

Beautiful it was, the gold etching formed elaborate gold patterns. The massive edifice seemed more like a work of art, a delicate sculpture more in line with a showpiece than any truly functional bow, but it thrummed with a restrained power nonetheless. The divinity radiating from the bow would have been physically painful for the sensitive; the bow made no allusions as to what it was.

Merely looking at it seared it's history in the memory of any who could sense it's true potential.

Sucking a deep breath in, Archer let it out slowly, standing straighter with his bow in his grasp. His muscles flexed tightly, his strength palpably increasing with it's mere presence in the material world.

With it he felt...

Perfect.

Undefeated.

Invincible.

The beautiful white bow flexed in his grasp, the gold caps shining in the moonlight as though by an internal light none else could see.

Arjuna rolled his eyes as he rotated his head, cracking his neck slowly. Oh, it felt good being back to full power in this age. Amused gold eyes glinted as they focused on the biggest target in the area.

Oh, but why leave the rest out of the party. A grin widened and seemed to settle in place.

Shaking her head as her summoner drunkenly moved from side to side, Rider couldn't decide what was worse. His riding, which was an offense to her classes very existence... or the ugliness of the chuckhead who thought he was worthy enough to impede her way. Finishing off her fish stick, she noted the way he was impeding their path and laughed. Manifesting her sword and spear, she allowed her tattered banner to float there in the wind, a challenge to all that would dare to get in her way.

It was almost annoying that there was more servants coming to interfere with her fun, considering how easily even she could detect its presence. Admittedly she found it a little laughable, some little spike of malice that thought it was on her level, but that didn't mean she couldn't make use of it! Especially considering it was rushing directly towards the idiot blocking her path. Still.. she would have to take more then a little bit of offence at the riders actions..

@Bladestar123
@Azrael
@Druby
@Dekutulla
@TenfoldShields
@Deadly Snark
Something was wrong.

He wasn't getting out of the way. He wasn't moving. He wasn't stumbling back, he wasn't reeling. Spear off center, sparks still falling from where Rider has struck it. Flames roaring out, scorching away the smoke. Ribbons of crimson and gold sucking up the air. Scorching away the world. Asphalt turning tarry and sticky underfoot. Paint bubbling. Elias's hair started to crisp. The side of the car slung out and screaming towards them.

A voice in the young man's head. Not even words. Not even a coherent thought. More a sensation. An impression.

He would be safe.

He would be fine.

He would live.

Because Lancer was here.

Thick, leathery hide folded over Elias. Bony struts of Lancer's wings spreading. Slowly pulling apart, drawing the membranous wing taut over him. The world reduced to darkness. Shadows and gloom, the nearing fire muffled. Muted. Some far away glow, barely visible through the crafted tissue. Through the black and the softer scarlet.

And then the flames hit Lancer and he wasn't burning. And then the car hit Lancer and he wasn't falling. And Grigor was still clutching the wheel, face to face with the yawning, dripping, dragon-maw as the street shattered ahead of them. Cracks racing through, surging ahead; forking and diving and fracturing and webbing across the street. Chunks of stone, shards of rubble, shooting up in twin plumes of rubble. The tortured scream of claws on rock. The front of the car deformed around the tops of Lancer's thighs. Two deep dents in the side.

The Servant still sliding back, his tail lashing the air. The car still powering forward, rubber howling. But they were slowing, slowing, the engine heaving and grinding. The world reduced to so much smoke and flame. Lancer's head tilting as over his shoulder the newest arrival drew nearer. And nearer.

The Lancer swept through the air in a purple arc, choking it up, drawing it back close. Muscles squirming beneath scales as he plunged it down. Towards the hood. Towards the engine block and the street below.

Parameters
Strength: B
Endurance: B

Mana: D
Additional Parameters remain hidden.

Class Skills
Magic Resistance X: A skill that grants protection against magical effects. An innate ability of the Lancer class it has been subsumed by another of Lancer Alter's skills.

Personal Skills
Guardian Knight A+: This Servant receives a temporary modifier to parameters when acting in defense of others. A protector of numerous nations and expansive regions in life, Lancer Alter is capable of deriving effectively unlimited defensive capabilities from those who place their faith and expectations in him.

Saint A-: A skill bestowed upon those canonized by a religion. Though there is no longer any authority willing or able to heed Lancer Alter's prayers, such is his unshakeable faith that he may mimic the proper effects with his own mana stores, creating his own dark miracles and warped sacraments. Feelings of fear. Feelings of rage. A black rain that fosters shadows and obscures sight. Healing others with his own spilled blood. Evoking the sign of the cross and mantling himself in protection of an equivalent rank of Magic Resistance. Such things are within Lancer Alter's power.
Additional Skills remain hidden.

Noble Phantasms
All Noble Phantasms remain hidden.

The bow implanted itself into the concrete below Arjuna's feet with a smashing crack, and he slid his fingers up the string with a happy sigh. Hooking a finger on the string, Arjuna tensed the string gently, in an entirely meaningless need to ensure the bow was still perfect.

The bow was always perfect.

Silence.

A beat.

Arjuna swiftly pulled the string back, back tensed as he held it in place. Hissing fulmination hovered on the string, a beautiful lightning bolt held in place. Arjuna closed an eye. One arrow, two, four, eight, sixteen, thirty-two, sixty-four...one-hundred and eight arrows primed. Eyes flickered gently, the target's fixed in mind, every move etched in his memory.

Fire.

54 arrows of glowing fury in a carpeting formation, shot toward both servants at a speed that shattered the air about it.

Thunder howled through the city, every window and piece of glass around Archer shattered instantly.

The atmosphere ignited.

The missiles arrived.

The city shook.

Class: Archer
Alias/Titles: The Perfect Archer, Vijaya, Arjuna Alter
True Name: Arjuna
Alignment: Lawful Evil

Parameters
Strength: B (A)
Endurance: C (B)
Agility: C
Mana: B
Luck: D

Class Skills

Magic Resistance (C): Cancel spells with a chant below two verses. Cannot defend against Magecraft on the level of High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals.

Independent Action (A): It is possible to take action even without a Master. However, to use Noble Phantasms of great magical energy consumption, backup from the Master is necessary.

Personal Skills

Clairvoyance (C+): Capable of tracking moving targets at an unspecified distance. The + is attained with application of Eye of the Mind (False).

Eye of the Mind (False) (B): A natural talent to avoid danger on the basis of an innate 6th sense, intuition, or prescience, where accuracy of instinct has been augmented by experience—somewhat overcoming the problem of visual obstructions that appear in the course of combat.

Divinity (C): Arjuna is born from Kunti and Indra. However, he has turned his back on the gods, from pride in his own ability, and thus the skill is ranked down, along with any such 'divine blessing' such as luck or his godly heritage. This Divine Spirit aptitude exhibits high defensive power in regards to lightning and thunder deity-lineage's Heroic Spirits of matching Divinity or lower.

Noble Phantasms

Gandhiva
Invincible Bow of the Gods
Type: Anti-Unit, Anti-Army
Description: The bow of the greatest gods in heaven, with an inexhaustible quiver, Arjuna may use this bow freely to shoot arrows infinitely, and may shoot up to 108 arrows simultaneously. Wielding the bow gives the holder a full rank up to Strength and Endurance. The arrows themselves may freely take the properties of Light, Fire, Lightning, or Water at Arjuna's will. However, the bow's magnificence cannot be contained or hidden, and every time the bow is fired, the strings make a noise like thunder, attracting the attention of all. The bow is said to grant it's wielder victory in battle, and required someone with divine strength to even string it. Arjuna has sworn to faithfully slay anyone who dares insult his bow.

Last edited:
Running away wasn't an option, nor was running towards them into the shadow. Instead, she simply ran around the two, giving the chase a wide berth and keeping an eye out for more shadows.

Assassin was used to rage. It was their constant companion, enough that their own instinct was compromised by it. This new development didn't contribute enough rage to compromise Assassin's uncaring facade, but it certainly wasn't for a lack of trying.

So be it. Subtlety had failed. This Master was fast, but she was no Servant.

And she certainly wasn't fast enough to escape Assassin.

The Servant turned back to it's pursuer, and began charging. Their cloak rippled, the shadow singing at the bloodshed to come.

Prana streamed from the Servant's actions, causing a burst of speed and power above what Assassin's B Rank Agility would imply.

One step, they were coming into view of the coming Saber, the Shadow contorting around them.

And the next, the Assassin was gone.

And for the third, they returned, stepping out of the Shadow that was hunting the fleeing Master.

Gripping their dagger, Assassin homed in on the Master, the shadow being pulled with them, all stealth lost as it streamed forward, a title wave of shadow following Assassin as they hunted the Master.

If the Master was strong enough to survive being stabbed, then the Servant would just have to feed them to the Shadow. Even if they were strong enough to survive that, nobody was strong enough to survive it unchanged.

Assassin knew that better than anyone.

Class: Archer
Alias/Titles: The Perfect Archer, Vijaya, Arjuna Alter
True Name: Arjuna
Alignment: Lawful Evil

Parameters
Strength: B (A)
Endurance: C (B)
Agility: C
Mana: B
Luck: D

Class Skills

Magic Resistance (C): Cancel spells with a chant below two verses. Cannot defend against Magecraft on the level of High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals.

Independent Action (A): It is possible to take action even without a Master. However, to use Noble Phantasms of great magical energy consumption, backup from the Master is necessary.

Personal Skills

Clairvoyance (C+): Capable of tracking moving targets at an unspecified distance. The + is attained with application of Eye of the Mind (False).

Eye of the Mind (False) (B): A natural talent to avoid danger on the basis of an innate 6th sense, intuition, or prescience, where accuracy of instinct has been augmented by experience—somewhat overcoming the problem of visual obstructions that appear in the course of combat.

Divinity (C): Arjuna is born from Kunti and Indra. However, he has turned his back on the gods, from pride in his own ability, and thus the skill is ranked down, along with any such 'divine blessing' such as luck or his godly heritage. This Divine Spirit aptitude exhibits high defensive power in regards to lightning and thunder deity-lineage's Heroic Spirits of matching Divinity or lower.

Noble Phantasms

Gandhiva
Invincible Bow of the Gods
Type: Anti-Unit, Anti-Army
Description: The bow of the greatest gods in heaven, with an inexhaustible quiver, Arjuna may use this bow freely to shoot arrows infinitely, and may shoot up to 108 arrows simultaneously. Wielding the bow gives the holder a full rank up to Strength and Endurance. The arrows themselves may freely take the properties of Light, Fire, Lightning, or Water at Arjuna's will. However, the bow's magnificence cannot be contained or hidden, and every time the bow is fired, the strings make a noise like thunder, attracting the attention of all. The bow is said to grant it's wielder victory in battle, and required someone with divine strength to even string it. Arjuna has sworn to faithfully slay anyone who dares insult his bow.
It shouldn't have been possible for a fox to go pale. It did so anyway.

<... Jorg, if Archer discovers either of us we run. He is far beyond my power to defeat, even with my Noble Phantasm. Even assassinating his Master will be insufficient. We have to form an alliance come morning, fast. I don't care with who, we can betray them whenever you wish, just so long as Archer dies.>

The hero in question may have lived long before the mortal incarnation that allowed Tamamo entrance to the Throne, and far to the West, but that mattered little. No self-respecting hero would not be able to recognise the son of Indra and greatest of the Pandavas, especially not when he had a history of slaying the children of the Sun.

@Sockpuppet

Back